CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

+33
chocolate-kinks
brownsugar09
KinkyNappyHappy
KnowwhoIam
BlondeByDesire
akaprincess00
AllNaturalBeauty
TaSiaJaY
jlowman1
bloom
Q
_kiner_
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CurlsGalore
Mz. Thang
leightred
Lynnieluve
TwistedKurlzz
rosyhours
tressedforsuccess
Courtney
Abisco
vonda4b
KurlyK
yaya
Jonezy
LOlivia
Nueme2010
NubieNatty
LearninToLove
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
Tamikac23
oooop2
37 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 2 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by KurlyK 9th January 2010, 6:11 pm

Ok so last night I did my weekly Co wash with HH while my twist are in
*dc'd with ORS replenishing pak for like 8 hours while I cleaned up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I took them down, wrap my head in a towel so they would dry a bit
* Slathered some Oyin HH Condish in
* Sealed with Oyin Burnt sugar pomade
* Massaged my scalp with coconut oil
* Tied my head with my satin scarf and went to sleep Smile

This morning I woke up and pinned my twists like this ( I plan to wear this style til Friday *we'll see)

KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 2 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by rosyhours 9th January 2010, 7:23 pm

Count me in! I'll post a starting picture next week after I wash.

I don't have a definite regimen yet but usually I've been switching between shampooing/conditioning and co-washing 1-2 times a week. I use Organix Tea Tree Mint shampoo and conditioner.

I detangle my hair with Aveda's brilliant heat protectant spray.

I seal my hair with coconut oil.

Since I'm transitioning, I'll probably be doing a lot of twist outs as far as styling goes.

My hair goal is to have healthy, thick all-natural hair within 3 months. I'll definitely be doing the BC by April.
rosyhours
rosyhours

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 9th January 2010, 9:23 pm

I am loving this challenge already. You guys are really doing great creating a regime/schedule for your hair care. Definitely keep us informed as to what works/doesn't work. I will also update the list.

Well yesterday (Friday), I decided to do an oil rinse. I typically HATE oil rinses b/c I tend to end up feeling all greasy and my hair feels weighted down. But after seeing Tia's fotki pics, I decided to try it once again.

Suave used as a cowash, EVOO, HE as my main conditioner

My dry hair.

My hair with nothing on it

My hair with the Suave condish on it

My hair with the EVOO and HE condish on it

My hair AFTER the cold water rinse...OMG, that was BRUTAL!!!!

Apply some Giovanni Leave-In condish after the cold water rinse

This is my shea butter mix I'm always referring to.

My approx mix is:

3 TBSP Unrefined Shea Butter (softened...NOT melted)
1 TBSP coconut oil. I don't melt, but just scrap and add to butter.
1 TBSP castor oil
1 TBSP EVOO

I used the tip of a pointed comb to whip it together. Store in a container and place in a cool area.

This is about how much I use per chunky twist or t/o hair is doing a wash n go ponytail.

Hair with Giovanni, shea mix, and ECO gel along the edges.

My wet ponytail

Applied a scarf to smooth down edges.

After about 30min, I removed scarf. All done!!!

Overall, I am still not crazy about oil rinses. I obviously didn't remove all of the oil, so oil hair started drying, neck started feeling oily. And today, I didn't notice any extra softness in my strands. So, I am going to can the oil rinses on my hair.

But...my youngest daughter have really thick hair with fine strands that tangles EASILY. I sometimes CRINGE when I have to do her hair. Well, I decided to do the oil rinse on her and OMG, it was like a dream. NO tangles. No crying. Got through all the kinks with ease. So this will be part of her regime.

HTHs someone Smile

Last edited by oooop2 on 9th January 2010, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 9th January 2010, 9:51 pm

LearninToLove wrote:
oooop2 wrote:

WOW oooop2! I LOVE this look! It'll be a while till I get there, but I will get there! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you!! Smile

vonda4b wrote:Ok. I totally don't have a regiman at this time. But I try to co-wash once a week or every two weeks. I currently want to keep 2 strand twists in as my protective style.

1. detangle with HE HH
2. E/O weekly hot oil treatment with EVOO, EVCO, and EVAO sit under dryer for 20 minutes, maybe it needs to be 30 minutes.
co wash with HE HH
3. Do a deep conditioning using the rest of this mixed chicks deep conditioner, Can somebody recommend a really good deep conditioning product?
4.oh in all of this in the beginning I part my hair in about 5/6 sections before I do any of my hair treatments
5. while hair is in sections I moisturize with my whipped shea butter mix then proceed to 2 strand twist my hair in small/med sized twists and seal with unrefined shea butter.

this is 5/23/09 with my hair flat ironed. I was 2 months in since my last relaxer.

This is the result of me taking out my twisted frohawk.

This is my first 2 strand twist as of Dec/2009

I currently have about 4in of new growth since 5/2009 so I'm hoping for another 2 inches by the end of the challenge.

Try here: http://jessicurl.com/

LearninToLove wrote:Okay so here's another update from me. I washed last night with Pantene Pro-V Extra Straight Conditioner (all I have) and conditioned with Hello Hydration (I'M SO EXCITED I FINALLY GOT THIS!!!!). I left in the conditioner as I detangled. I didn't dry my hair at all, but put it in four parts and took little sections of the parts. I added Soft & Beautiful Botanicals 3-n-1 Dry Scalp Treatment (just because it's kinda heavy and I wanted my hair to be moisturized without putting anything else in it after I set it in the knots) to each little section and started twirling a strand of hair around itself (kinda like a single strand twist). I twirled until the strand is twisted tight against my scalp then I knotted. I started washing around 4pm so I kept the Bantu Knots uncovered and let them dry a bit. At night I just tied it up with a slik scarf and put a satin bonnet on. This morning I took out the knots and didn't separate the strands I had twisted.

Bantu Knots last night (all soaked in HH conditioner)

Bantu Knot-Out in the morning

So....can anyone tell me why my left side is longer than my right side?

Was the LEFT side damp when you undid your knots?

tressedforsuccess wrote:Hi Everyone! I'd like to join the challenge.

My regimen is fairly new. I've only been following it for 3 weeks or so:
Co-wash 3-4 per week with Herbal Essences Long-Term Relationship or Hello Hydration
DC 2x week with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Leave-in Kinky Curly Knot Today (was using Giovanni Direct, but I realized it was doing more for my relaxed hair than my natural hair)
Seal with Jojoba Oil
Daily Moisturizer: ??? scratch Any recommendations would help. I have to co-wash frequently to retain moisture because I haven't found a moisturizer yet

Goals:
  • 2-3 inches of growth. Usually it takes me 4 months to grow 3 inches, but I'm hoping that sticking to healthy hair practices will help me in this area.
  • Evaluate my regimen and make tweaks as necessary.
  • Find a good moisturizer for my hair.
  • Take pictures monthly to document my growth

Before pics:

For a daily moisturizer, I spritz my hair with a blend of aloe vera gel, glycerin, and water, then seal with my shea butter mix.

KurlyK wrote:Ok so last night I did my weekly Co wash with HH while my twist are in

This morning I woke up and pinned my twists like this ( I plan to wear this style til Friday *we'll see)

How does your hair feel after wearing your ORS pack that long?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 9th January 2010, 10:02 pm

[quote="oooop2"][quote="LearninToLove"]
oooop2 wrote:

For a daily moisturizer, I spritz my hair with a blend of aloe vera gel, glycerin, and water, then seal with my shea butter mix.

Really? That's so simple and I have all those ingredients. What kind of climate do you live in? I've read conflicting things about using glycerin in the winter months so I've been staying away from it. I'll give your mix a try though. Thanks!
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 9th January 2010, 10:08 pm

[quote="tressedforsuccess"][quote="oooop2"]
LearninToLove wrote:
oooop2 wrote:

Really? That's so simple and I have all those ingredients. What kind of climate do you live in? I've read conflicting things about using glycerin in the winter months so I've been staying away from it. I'll give your mix a try though. Thanks!

I live in Ohio and it's freezing here right now. What was the conflict?

Last edited by oooop2 on 9th January 2010, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 9th January 2010, 10:26 pm

I plan on taking better care of my hair from now on. I am trying to focus more on the health of my hair, so I will be doing less manipulation. I plan to keep box braids or twists in my hair the entire time during the challenge.

My regimen will consist of:

* Shampoo with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa once a month
* Co wash with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner or HEHH every two to three weeks
* Deep condition every time that I shampoo and co wash with AO HSR, AO GPB or Pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense deep conditioner
* Hot oil treatment with EVOO, EVCO, Castor Oil, and Jojoba Oil once a week
* Henna once a month
* Twist or braid my hair every two to three weeks with my shea butter mixture.

I have had my current box braids in since January 2, 2010 and I am very excited about this challenge.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 9th January 2010, 10:44 pm

[quote="oooop2"][quote="tressedforsuccess"]
oooop2 wrote:
LearninToLove wrote:
oooop2 wrote:

I live in Ohio and it's freezing here right now. What was the conflict?

I read that since humidity is lower in the winter, the glycerin will have the opposite effect and start sucking moisture from your hair since there is none in the air to pull from. But, my hair does well with glycerin in the summer so I'll try it. Thanks. Here are two of the threads:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-103561.html

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?p=1212841
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 10:51 pm

KurlyK wrote:Ok so last night I did my weekly Co wash with HH while my twist are in

I'm not a part of the challenge but I currently have small/mini twist in my hair that I am gonna try to wear for 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing your regimen. I'm gonna try to co wash in my twist. Do you have any advice/pointers?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 10:53 pm

oooop2 wrote:I am loving this challenge already. You guys are really doing great creating a regime/schedule for your hair care. Definitely keep us informed as to what works/doesn't work. I will also update the list.

Well yesterday (Friday), I decided to do an oil rinse. I typically HATE oil rinses b/c I tend to end up feeling all greasy and my hair feels weighted down. But after seeing Tia's fotki pics, I decided to try it once again.

My dry hair.

My approx mix is:

1 TBSP castor oil
1 TBSP EVOO

I used the tip of a pointed comb to whip it together. Store in a container and place in a cool area.

This is about how much I use per chunky twist or t/o hair is doing a wash n go ponytail.

My wet ponytail

Overall, I am still not crazy about oil rinses. I obviously didn't remove all of the oil, so oil hair started drying, neck started feeling oily. And today, I didn't notice any extra softness in my strands. So, I am going to can the oil rinses on my hair.

But...my youngest daughter have really thick hair with fine strands that tangles EASILY. I sometimes CRINGE when I have to do her hair. Well, I decided to do the oil rinse on her and OMG, it was like a dream. NO tangles. No crying. Got through all the kinks with ease. So this will be part of her regime.

HTHs someone Smile

I know you have given up on the oil rinse but I have one question. Did you use all the oil in the pic? If so, that was too much. I'm glad it worked for your daughters.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 9th January 2010, 11:06 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
oooop2 wrote:I am loving this challenge already. You guys are really doing great creating a regime/schedule for your hair care. Definitely keep us informed as to what works/doesn't work. I will also update the list.

My dry hair.

My approx mix is:

1 TBSP castor oil
1 TBSP EVOO

My wet ponytail

HTHs someone Smile

I know you have given up on the oil rinse but I have one question. Did you use all the oil in the pic? If so, that was too much. I'm glad it worked for your daughters.

I saw 1/2 cup- 1 cup on Tia's fotki and deemed that I needed a cup of my hair and length. How much do you use?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 11:11 pm

My hair is much shorter than your but I use about 3 or 4 hand fulls...I'm not sure how much that would measure up to.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 9th January 2010, 11:51 pm

oooop2 wrote:Was the LEFT side damp when you undid your knots?
The back was...The left felt pretty dry....maybe it was that I didn't re-wet the different parts when I started knotting them....
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 10th January 2010, 12:42 am

oooop2 wrote:
LearninToLove wrote:
oooop2 wrote:

WOW oooop2! I LOVE this look! It'll be a while till I get there, but I will get there! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you!! Smile

vonda4b wrote:Ok. I totally don't have a regiman at this time. But I try to co-wash once a week or every two weeks. I currently want to keep 2 strand twists in as my protective style.

1. detangle with HE HH
2. E/O weekly hot oil treatment with EVOO, EVCO, and EVAO sit under dryer for 20 minutes, maybe it needs to be 30 minutes.
co wash with HE HH
3. Do a deep conditioning using the rest of this mixed chicks deep conditioner, Can somebody recommend a really good deep conditioning product?
4.oh in all of this in the beginning I part my hair in about 5/6 sections before I do any of my hair treatments
5. while hair is in sections I moisturize with my whipped shea butter mix then proceed to 2 strand twist my hair in small/med sized twists and seal with unrefined shea butter.

this is 5/23/09 with my hair flat ironed. I was 2 months in since my last relaxer.

This is the result of me taking out my twisted frohawk.

This is my first 2 strand twist as of Dec/2009

I currently have about 4in of new growth since 5/2009 so I'm hoping for another 2 inches by the end of the challenge.

Try here: http://jessicurl.com/

LearninToLove wrote:Okay so here's another update from me. I washed last night with Pantene Pro-V Extra Straight Conditioner (all I have) and conditioned with Hello Hydration (I'M SO EXCITED I FINALLY GOT THIS!!!!). I left in the conditioner as I detangled. I didn't dry my hair at all, but put it in four parts and took little sections of the parts. I added Soft & Beautiful Botanicals 3-n-1 Dry Scalp Treatment (just because it's kinda heavy and I wanted my hair to be moisturized without putting anything else in it after I set it in the knots) to each little section and started twirling a strand of hair around itself (kinda like a single strand twist). I twirled until the strand is twisted tight against my scalp then I knotted. I started washing around 4pm so I kept the Bantu Knots uncovered and let them dry a bit. At night I just tied it up with a slik scarf and put a satin bonnet on. This morning I took out the knots and didn't separate the strands I had twisted.

Bantu Knots last night (all soaked in HH conditioner)

Bantu Knot-Out in the morning

So....can anyone tell me why my left side is longer than my right side?

Was the LEFT side damp when you undid your knots?

tressedforsuccess wrote:Hi Everyone! I'd like to join the challenge.

My regimen is fairly new. I've only been following it for 3 weeks or so:
Co-wash 3-4 per week with Herbal Essences Long-Term Relationship or Hello Hydration
DC 2x week with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Leave-in Kinky Curly Knot Today (was using Giovanni Direct, but I realized it was doing more for my relaxed hair than my natural hair)
Seal with Jojoba Oil
Daily Moisturizer: ??? scratch Any recommendations would help. I have to co-wash frequently to retain moisture because I haven't found a moisturizer yet

Goals:
  • 2-3 inches of growth. Usually it takes me 4 months to grow 3 inches, but I'm hoping that sticking to healthy hair practices will help me in this area.
  • Evaluate my regimen and make tweaks as necessary.
  • Find a good moisturizer for my hair.
  • Take pictures monthly to document my growth

Before pics:

How does your hair feel after wearing your ORS pack that long?

Lol!!!! I know thats a lot of protein but my house was messy lol!

It was surprisingly soft but I would never try that on loose hair
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 10th January 2010, 12:49 am

Lynnieluve wrote:

I'm not a part of the challenge but I currently have small/mini twist in my hair that I am gonna try to wear for 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing your regimen. I'm gonna try to co wash in my twist. Do you have any advice/pointers?

When I co wash them, I tried not to disturbed them too much. I smoothed the condish over the twists kinda like Kimmaytube applied her eco styler gel and kinky curly custard in her youtube vid (just to give you a visual). To rinse I just stand under the shower and run my hands over my hair.

Just know that you will probably get a good bit of frizz. I don't mind because I pin them up anyway.

HTH Wink
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya 10th January 2010, 1:13 am

Hello Ladies, I'm trapped at work so I figured I'd come to the forum and postl

My regi: Honestly I don't really have one. What I have been sticking to is either co-wash or washing my hair weekly following it with a deep conditioning. So far the deep conditioner that I'm feeling the most is ORS repelishing olive oil pack. I tend to switch it up and mix things in from time to time like baking soda, honey, Giovonni's Smooth as Silk Conditioner, just depends how I feel that day. And making sure that my hair is as mosturized as possible. For the last couple weeks I've been wearing 2 strand twist and just remoisturizing with EVOO daily or every other day. When I twist I use my shea butter mix.

My products: Wash with Dr. Woods Shea Butter black soap or Dr. Woods Shea Butter Peppermint Castile Soap, Co- wash with Sauve Cond., DC with ORS, Giovonni's Smooth as silk, for gel I tend to use aloe vera Gel, but I do have IC and Eco, and my shea butter mix are all my staples. There is a bunch of other random stuff that I use or add to my staples.

My 3m goal: Length would be great! No set amount of growth but hopefully my front will catch up with my back. Also narrow down and learn exactly what works good on my hair and stop buying and using random stuff (well on my way to becoming a product junkie). Have overall healthy hair.

Plan: I'm kind of new to the natural thing though I transitioned for about a year. So HOPEFULLY I can stick with just one style weekly (who knew natural hair was so versitile), since it's cold stick with two strand twists, twisted with my shea mix. Maybe down on the weekends but back to protected styles through the week during this three months. And to just have fun learning about the beauty of OUR natural hair.

This is from this summer, still transitioning with hair flat ironed
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/img_0110.jpg

Peeking through the two textures
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/img_0210.jpg

Big Chop
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/img_0211.jpg

Yesterdays hair
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/21132713.jpg
yaya
yaya

http://www.chroniclesofcarolee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 2 Empty Leightred 3M Growth Challenge w/ Blast from the Past Pics to now

Post by leightred 10th January 2010, 2:52 am

I didn't realizes you have all started so soon so here's my weekly wkend Regimen.

-Cowash w/ whatever cheap condish on hand, this time, a sample bottle of Ouidad condish
-Shampoo w/ Fantasia IC 100% Pure Tea, it gets rid of all the product bld-ups in my hair.
-Apply Herbal Essences HH condish Coconut Milk, Hmm smells yummy.
-Then do a zillion two-strand twist w/ MissJessies Purple Pudding, however since it has drying
agents, I use Frizz-Ease and Ouidad Climate Control Gel. I don't know if I can
wean myself from MJ pudding just yet.
-Place the twists in a high ponytail and let dry.
-Untwist and seal ends w/ Frizz-Ease and Ouidad's Gel.
- At night, I wear a high ponytail and wrap a scarf around my head.

I'm kind of apply Teri LaFlesh AKA tightlycurly method, however all that condish in my hair leave a
powdery feeling in my hands, yuke, which the MJ pudding doesn't. I gotta try out more product.

Here are pics of my hair journey, pic 1-TWA, 2-Sisterlocks, 3-zillion twists, 4-twistout.

leightred
leightred

http://leightred.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 10th January 2010, 10:55 pm

Mini-update: I still have a bunch of hair products from when I was fully relaxed that I need to use up, so last night I did a little experiment. I parted my hair in half and used Joico Moisture Recovery on one half, and Organix Shea Butter conditioner on the other half. I put on a shower cap and went to sleep. This morning the Joico half was really soft, but the Organix half was soft and the curls were defined. Next time I'll try the Organix with heat and see what happens.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th January 2010, 11:22 pm

yaya wrote:Hello Ladies, I'm trapped at work so I figured I'd come to the forum and postl

My regi: Honestly I don't really have one. What I have been sticking to is either co-wash or washing my hair weekly following it with a deep conditioning. So far the deep conditioner that I'm feeling the most is ORS repelishing olive oil pack. I tend to switch it up and mix things in from time to time like baking soda, honey, Giovonni's Smooth as Silk Conditioner, just depends how I feel that day. And making sure that my hair is as mosturized as possible. For the last couple weeks I've been wearing 2 strand twist and just remoisturizing with EVOO daily or every other day. When I twist I use my shea butter mix.

My products: Wash with Dr. Woods Shea Butter black soap or Dr. Woods Shea Butter Peppermint Castile Soap, Co- wash with Sauve Cond., DC with ORS, Giovonni's Smooth as silk, for gel I tend to use aloe vera Gel, but I do have IC and Eco, and my shea butter mix are all my staples. There is a bunch of other random stuff that I use or add to my staples.

My 3m goal: Length would be great! No set amount of growth but hopefully my front will catch up with my back. Also narrow down and learn exactly what works good on my hair and stop buying and using random stuff (well on my way to becoming a product junkie). Have overall healthy hair.

Plan: I'm kind of new to the natural thing though I transitioned for about a year. So HOPEFULLY I can stick with just one style weekly (who knew natural hair was so versitile), since it's cold stick with two strand twists, twisted with my shea mix. Maybe down on the weekends but back to protected styles through the week during this three months. And to just have fun learning about the beauty of OUR natural hair.

This is from this summer, still transitioning with hair flat ironed
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/img_0110.jpg

Peeking through the two textures
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/img_0210.jpg

Big Chop
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/img_0211.jpg

Yesterdays hair
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/72/97/34/21132713.jpg

I like your regime. Definitely keep up updated as to what products/styles you are starting to prefer.

leightred wrote:I didn't realizes you have all started so soon so here's my weekly wkend Regimen.

-Cowash w/ whatever cheap condish on hand, this time, a sample bottle of Ouidad condish
-Shampoo w/ Fantasia IC 100% Pure Tea, it gets rid of all the product bld-ups in my hair.
-Then do a zillion two-strand twist w/ MissJessies Purple Pudding, however since it has drying

I'm kind of apply Teri LaFlesh AKA tightlycurly method, however all that condish in my hair leave a
powdery feeling in my hands, yuke, which the MJ pudding doesn't. I gotta try out more product.

Here are pics of my hair journey, pic 1-TWA, 2-Sisterlocks, 3-zillion twists, 4-twistout.

Hey...After I did the first post regarding interest, I started to receive feedback about starting the challenge sooner. So I just posted that I was changing the start date and started the official challenge.

I really really like how simple your regime is and your hair is beautiful. What are you hoping to achieve by the end of this challenge?

tressedforsuccess wrote:Mini-update: I still have a bunch of hair products from when I was fully relaxed that I need to use up, so last night I did a little experiment. I parted my hair in half and used Joico Moisture Recovery on one half, and Organix Shea Butter conditioner on the other half. I put on a shower cap and went to sleep. This morning the Joico half was really soft, but the Organix half was soft and the curls were defined. Next time I'll try the Organix with heat and see what happens.

Thanks for posting about your mini experiment. I've never used Joico, and I'm not a fan of Organix, but I am happy that it caused your hair to become soft with defined curls. It did neither for my hair. But I only kept it on for a short period of time. Will have to try it again.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 10th January 2010, 11:48 pm

leightred wrote:-Cowash w/ whatever cheap condish on hand, this time, a sample bottle of Ouidad condish

I've said this before to you, but that is an easy regimen! I just tried out two strand twists on my daughters hair (4b) tonight after leaving Aussie Moist in her hair. You wash out your conditioner? I'll see how it turns out tomorrow!
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 1:13 am

KurlyK wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

When I co wash them, I tried not to disturbed them too much. I smoothed the condish over the twists kinda like Kimmaytube applied her eco styler gel and kinky curly custard in her youtube vid (just to give you a visual). To rinse I just stand under the shower and run my hands over my hair.

Just know that you will probably get a good bit of frizz. I don't mind because I pin them up anyway.

HTH Wink

Thanks for the info. I'm a little nervous because my hair isnt long enough to pin up like yours. Here's a pic:

I think I will still give it a try. I am gonna wet my hair before I get in the shower, apply a light conditioner then rinse in the shower. Plop with a tshirt then apply Giovanni Direct leave in and coconut oil. What do you think?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 11th January 2010, 1:49 am

Hey Everyone I know I'm a lil late but I haven't been on here in a while just glad i didn't miss the deadline. Ok here it goes.......

1. I am currently trying to get a regime down but as of right now I'm trying to do low manipulation to my hair to achieve lenth. So my hair is currently in my first attempt at small 2-strand twist. I plan to leave them up 1-2 more wks did it on New Years Eve my three yr natural anniversay but Im just now really loving and caring for my hair by myself with the info tht I have learned from the ladies on here and youtube [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I put co in my hair at night focusing on ends.

2. Products used is organic co, evoo, castol oil, raw shea butter, AOHSR, HE TT.
I need to find something to cleanse my scalp and hair with out water while the twist are in.

3. My 3M goal really I would be happy with at least 3 inches. I will measure my hair once I find a ruler lol. Ok right now my hair is about 8 inches so if I reach 11 or 12 inches i will take tht.

Pics of my hair in the twist just redid some 2day. I used a mix of co, raw shea,castol oil, and some old gel tht I had. I eyeballed everything really mostly shea, co, gel, very little castol oil.

Last edited by Mz. Thang on 11th January 2010, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 11th January 2010, 2:27 am

Your twists look great Mz. Thang!
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 11th January 2010, 6:07 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
KurlyK wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

* Tied my head with my satin scarf and went to sleep [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for the info. I'm a little nervous because my hair isnt long enough to pin up like yours. Here's a pic:

I think I will still give it a try. I am gonna wet my hair before I get in the shower, apply a light conditioner then rinse in the shower. Plop with a tshirt then apply Giovanni Direct leave in and coconut oil. What do you think?

I loved my twists when they were your length, now Im in the "in between stage" which i dont like. Thats why I pin them. Your plan sounds good, let me know how it turns out Smile
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 11th January 2010, 6:17 pm

Count me in, too! I'll send in my updates tonight!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next