CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

+33
chocolate-kinks
brownsugar09
KinkyNappyHappy
KnowwhoIam
BlondeByDesire
akaprincess00
AllNaturalBeauty
TaSiaJaY
jlowman1
bloom
Q
_kiner_
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CurlsGalore
Mz. Thang
leightred
Lynnieluve
TwistedKurlzz
rosyhours
tressedforsuccess
Courtney
Abisco
vonda4b
KurlyK
yaya
Jonezy
LOlivia
Nueme2010
NubieNatty
LearninToLove
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
Tamikac23
oooop2
37 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 Empty The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by oooop2 6th January 2010, 9:21 pm

Since so many were ready to get this challenge started, here is the official link. We can just start it today Jan 6-Apr 18. I will keep the deadline for signing up til Jan 17.

Challengers

1. oooop2
2. Pinkrage
3. gammainme
4. NubieNattyTwn-kisha
5. likethemoon
6. raina
7. Abisco
8. TwistedKurlz
9. tamren*
10. jzycaramel
11. creative_curly
12. leightred
13. vonda4b
14. Jonezy
15. amdjem
16. Mz. Thang
17. LearninToLove
18. KurlyK
19. kbelle
20. _kiner_
21. saroyag
22. ALLNATURALBEAUTY
23. crvng4mr
24. wild curls raquelle
25. BrownSkinDiva
26. Q
27. KnowwhoIam
28. TaSiaJaY
29. LOlivia
30. Tamikac23
31. natural_nance
32. TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
33. Hamptonsfnst
34. kinky-coily1107
35. jlowman1
36. Nueme2010
37. yaya
38. Courtney
39. tressedforsuccess
40. rosyhours
41. CurlsGalore
42. 3c...finally!
43. bloom
44. akaprincess00
45. brownsugar09
46. KinkyNappyHappy

Official Rules:

The basic rules are challengers MUST:

1. Post an update once a week

2. Post before and after pictures

3. Post regimen (or state that you are currently working on a regime)

4. Post products/mixes that you are using and the results (+/-)

5. Post hair goal for this 3m period

6. Post fotki link or album link (This is optional, but it's a great way to document your growth)

7. Be willing to give advice or motivate each others in the challenge.

Happy hair growing!!!

Last edited by oooop2 on 17th January 2010, 2:06 pm; edited 13 times in total
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by oooop2 6th January 2010, 9:24 pm

My regime:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Current length in front

Currently at 7 mark after small trim

Drink 64oz water/day

Cowash 2x/week w/ Aubreys.

DC 1x/week with my banana-molasses-coconut milk mix

Spritz daily with glycerin-water mix or rosemary-sage mix

Apply shea butter mix to hair 2x/day.

Clarify every 2wks w/ ACV.

For itchy scalp, wash with baking soda.

Wear large-med twist M-F and T/O on the weekends for the first 6wks.

Then change to mini-twist for the last 6wks.

Last edited by oooop2 on 9th January 2010, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by Tamikac23 6th January 2010, 10:59 pm

Wow! Your hair is really pretty. What is in your shea butter mix and how do you apply 2x per day?
Tamikac23
Tamikac23

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 6th January 2010, 11:06 pm

Tamikac23 wrote:Wow! Your hair is really pretty. What is in your shea butter mix and how do you apply 2x per day?

Thank you. It's been a labor of love for the past 3yrs.

I whip unrefined shea butter, coconut oil, evoo, castor oil together. In the summer, I add aloe vera gel. Before twisting, I add to my scalp and strands, then twist. I spritz hair in the morning and at night and reapply to my strands.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 Empty Saffiyahs 3M Challenge Start!

Post by TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. 7th January 2010, 12:16 am

Ok Ladies I am so excited! I do not have a regimen written down yet nor is it set in stone but challenge will allow me to put a healthy hair regimen in place. I will post one up tomorrow sometime. Just as a brief hair update, I will be doing my first henna process tomorrow so if that works out I will add that into my regimen. I am a newbie for the 3rd time and this time I am looking to go strong with no reserves!

Happy Growing!
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 Empty Pictures: Past and Present

Post by TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. 7th January 2010, 12:44 am

Growing the Relaxer out for second time

Tired of the two textures so I cut in to a short sleek style but I am still transitioning

Then I went ahead and BC'd for the second time!

It was Growing out nicely

Then I let my mother convince me to get a texlax Sad GONE WRONG

So I grew it out with a weave

When I took it out I cut off the remainder of the text and it was two different lengths so I went and got it shaped up on 12.18.09 WHICH IS A FRESH START!

As of 1.5.10 this is what my hair looks like with a finger coil out

Thanks for your time! I cannot wait to see what my hair looks like in 3Months! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 7th January 2010, 12:51 am

TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. wrote:Ok Ladies I am so excited! I do not have a regimen written down yet nor is it set in stone but challenge will allow me to put a healthy hair regimen in place. I will post one up tomorrow sometime. Just as a brief hair update, I will be doing my first henna process tomorrow so if that works out I will add that into my regimen. I am a newbie for the 3rd time and this time I am looking to go strong with no reserves!

Happy Growing!

Hopefully, you've done a lot of research regarding henna. I love henna now, but initially, I wasn't too sure.

Here is what I looked like on my first henna application:

I looked like a NUT!!! And my mix was all wrong. Took FORVER to get all of the grit out of my hair...Oh the MEMORIES...LOL
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. 7th January 2010, 1:25 am

yes I have, I have researched it for about a month and a half now. Gotta start somewhere. Hopefully it will be good if not I'll keep perfecting it.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 7th January 2010, 4:03 am

2. Okay here's mine. I didn't know this was starting so soon so I didn't take pics of this week's Bantu Knots, but I will take pics of the knot-out...my pics every week are going to be kinda boring since I like to stick with one thing when I find something I like. For the Bantu Knots you can look over to the left at my pic at how my first attempt at Bantu knots came out last week.

1. I'll post an update on how my week went on Thursdays since I wash my hair on Fridays. This Thursday my hair was in tiny Bantu Knots all week until Wednesday. I wasn't going anywhere so I just slept on it in a satin bonnet and will just moisturize with conditioner and water if need be. The thing I LOVE about tiny Bantu Knots is the curl is so tight I can tease it however I want and not have to worry about drooping curls that mess up the rest of the look. I do think keeping the knots in for a whole week is a bit much as the roots were frizzy, but that was easily overcome by separating the strands in each knot even more to make more volume and spread the curl out thereby covering the frizzy roots! (Did I mention I LOVE Bantu Knots!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

3 &4. Working on a Regimen (Products listed)
I want to do the tightlycurly.com method of just using conditioner as a styler, but I'm transitioning so it won't work right now. I'm just washing and detangling every week with Pantene Pro-V Extra Straight Conditioner (it's all I have right now) and putting some Soft and Beautiful Botanicals 3-n-1 Dry Scalp Treatment near the root and on my new growth and maybe using Pink Lotion on the relaxed parts as I put my Bantu Knots in. If I need to re-moisturize I'll probably spray some Sof-n-Sheen on the knot-out. I know these are not the best products to use, but it's all I have right now until I go out and get the good stuff (Aussie Moist Conditioner and Hello Hydration). I'm thinking of getting IC Fantasia's Aloe Vera Gel (is there a difference between the different types like Olive Oil and Aloe Vera and the one with the glitter in it?) to go over my knot out if it gets fuzzy.

4. I already posted what I'm using. I like the products so far. I just know I can do better...

5. My hair goal is another 1-2in. of new growth. I think that's doable in 3mo., right? Maybe I should go for more. I figure with my hair moisturzed all the time by the conditioners I should be at optimal growth and no damage or breakage.

6. My fotki is in my siggy. I keep written journals as well as photo journals on me and my children's journey.

LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 7th January 2010, 4:08 am

oooop2 wrote:

WOW oooop2! I LOVE this look! It'll be a while till I get there, but I will get there! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th January 2010, 11:23 am

before xmas coils

my coil stretched out

As of today (01/07) i have an important 1 1/2 inches! (i made my supervisor use a ruler to measure me, lol) my goal is to accummulate at least 3 by the due date of the challenge for a total of an even 4 (or more). i will check in every month (cuz i have braids til feb) with my progress and keep you ladies posted. im excited!!

my reggie for now (w/braids):
*oil and massage my scalp w/afroveda's shikakai oil every 2 days
*oil my edges and front of my head (the front tends to get more dry) w/coconut oil
*spritz scalp AM & PM w/water mixed w/EO's, jojoba, vitamin e and castor
coil loose hair using koils butter (literally a dab) and finish w/the lavendar gel
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 8th January 2010, 11:25 am

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:before xmas coils

my coil stretched out

As of today (01/07) i have an important 1 1/2 inches! (i made my supervisor use a ruler to measure me, lol) my goal is to accummulate at least 3 by the due date of the challenge for a total of an even 4 (or more). i will check in every month (cuz i have braids til feb) with my progress and keep you ladies posted. im excited!!

my reggie for now (w/braids):

*oil and massage my scalp w/afroveda's shikakai oil every 2 days
*oil my edges and front of my head (the front tends to get more dry) w/coconut oil
*spritz scalp AM & PM w/water mixed w/EO's, jojoba, vitamin e and castor
coil loose hair using koils butter (literally a dab) and finish w/the lavendar gel

Thanks for posting pics/your regime. Can't wait to see your growth..

Last edited by oooop2 on 8th January 2010, 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 Empty Please add me to the official challenge

Post by Nueme2010 8th January 2010, 12:31 pm

Please add me to the official 3m growth challenge

Thanks so much
Nueme2010
Nueme2010

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 8th January 2010, 12:51 pm

^^^^Added Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by LOlivia 8th January 2010, 1:46 pm

Good Morning, Ladies!!

My plan was to start the challenge last night, as I will be washing or co-washing every Sunday and Thursday. However, I was a little (or maybe a lot) caught up in the BCS excitement last night...Roll Tide Roll!!! This is the "plan" for my regimen. Of course, we all get off track with school, work, the desire to change styles every other day, etc. But I'm going to make this work!!

Sunday:
-Co wash with Suave Coconut conditioner, or clarify with the shampoo if there's much buildup
-Condition with Aussie Moist (I'd like to try Organix Coconut once that runs out)
-Styling: twist in med-small twists and pin up for a protective style.
-Styling products will be Cantu Shea Butter leave in, unrefined shea (to seal ends) and coconut oil for my scalp

*sidenote: has anyone noticed a trend? I looovvveee coconut everything and so does my hair.

Thursday:
-Co wash or shampoo with same method as above
-Condition the same as above
-Styling: using same styling products, do a simple braid-n-curl. Part hair into 4 sections and do 4 braids/plaits per section. Seal ends with urefined shea and roll on flexirods. Take down for a fun weekend 'do!

As my hair needs it, I will deep treat using a mixture of Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose and Pantene Deep Treatment, sitting under a dryer for 30 mins or walking around with a plastic cap for an hour. Also, I plan to do a henna rinse once each month.

I don't really have a goal for growth, but if i can see at least 2-3 new inches, I'll know the challenge has worked.
LOlivia
LOlivia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 8th January 2010, 4:16 pm

Thanks OOOOP2 for hosting this challenge!!!

::::My Current Winter Regimin:::::

Wash 1 time every 2 weeks:

Cleanse w/ Shikakai Shampoo Bar(no sulfates), Once a month: co-wash instead of the bar.
Deep condition w/ Lustrasilk Mega Moisture Mayo
Leave-in conditioner Lacio-Lacio Moisturizing leave-in
Seal with Coconut oil, or Castor oil

Roller Set dry under hooded dryer 45 mins
or Braid & airdry if I want more/tighter curls.

Weekly Manipulation:
Detangle hair 3-4 times a week at night(using a sprits and wide tooth comb if curly), to moisturize, oil & baggy the ends of of my hair with plastic overnight to retain moisture.

I plan to do Protective styles 95% of the time.

My goals for the 3 month challenge:
2-3inches in 3 months
Healthier & Thicker looking/feeling hair
Split free ends

Recent pic:
From this week--my hair is straightened (roller set, then flat ironed on low heat setting of 10) right now because I wanted to cut and inch or so off.

Roller set & dry twisted:
2 weeks ago
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya 8th January 2010, 6:05 pm

Hey oooop2, Please sign me up. I am new to the site. I've been snooping around the site the last couple days at work (I know great use of company time) and felt inspired to joins the site and the challenge. Will add pics and more info when I get off [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yaya
yaya

http://www.chroniclesofcarolee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 8th January 2010, 6:16 pm

Personal Growth Challenge yay!!!!!!

My Regimen Laughing

I plan to keep my hair in twists throughout this challenge
* Co wash every week with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted
* Deep Condition with Elasta QP DPR 11, Bioinfusion or AO HSR (Im trying to use this stuff but I plan to solely use the AO to dc) every week
* Protein treatment when needed with AO GPB
* Wash with diluted Dr Bronners castile soap or CON (trying to use it all) once per month
* Henna once/month
* use baking soda whenever I have build up
* ACV rinse whenever the spirit moves me (Im never consistent with using it)

~ Take twists down every two weeks, detangle, wash (or cowash), dc and put them back it
~ Use Oyin HH as a leave in and seal with my shea butter cocnut oil mix
~ Spritz daily with Oyin Juices and Berries or water/glycerin mix

My Hair Goal Very Happy
- I have been getting some bad breakage in the crown area , so I really want to prevent more breakage due to overmanipulation
- Growth is welcome but I really want healthy hair

My medium twists

A failed TNC lol

One of my puny damaged twists Sad
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 8th January 2010, 10:21 pm

Ok. I totally don't have a regiman at this time. But I try to co-wash once a week or every two weeks. I currently want to keep 2 strand twists in as my protective style.

1. detangle with HE HH
2. E/O weekly hot oil treatment with EVOO, EVCO, and EVAO sit under dryer for 20 minutes, maybe it needs to be 30 minutes.
co wash with HE HH
3. Do a deep conditioning using the rest of this mixed chicks deep conditioner, Can somebody recommend a really good deep conditioning product?
4.oh in all of this in the beginning I part my hair in about 5/6 sections before I do any of my hair treatments
5. while hair is in sections I moisturize with my whipped shea butter mix then proceed to 2 strand twist my hair in small/med sized twists and seal with unrefined shea butter.

this is 5/23/09 with my hair flat ironed. I was 2 months in since my last relaxer.

This is the result of me taking out my twisted frohawk.

This is my first 2 strand twist as of Dec/2009

I currently have about 4in of new growth since 5/2009 so I'm hoping for another 2 inches by the end of the challenge.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by Abisco 8th January 2010, 11:36 pm

Wow I need to get in on this action. BC tomorrow morning...well more like this morning. Will report back when I've done it and set out my regime then.
Abisco
Abisco

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 9th January 2010, 12:24 am

Count me in! I need to think about my my goals and I will post pictures.
Thank you oooop2 for the challenge.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th January 2010, 2:24 am

@vonda; my holy grail DC is miss jessie's rapid recovery, Yes 2 carrots hair mask (found at target) comes in closely to 2nd place!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. 9th January 2010, 3:50 am

Ok Im back for my regimen post and 3M hair goal!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*see my previous post for a brief hair journey*

Weekly Hair Regimen:

-Cowash each week, possibly on Sundays, with J/A/S/O/N/S 84% Aloe Vera conditioner(Loving this for the moment) *rather I cowash each Sunday or not will be contingent upon if I have a style in or not.

-After weekly* cowash I will stlye my hair in chunky two strand twist which will make for a nice chunky fro the next day or so.

-Moisturize twice a day with my homemade mix of EVVO, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and kinky curly knot today leave in

-Spritz hair as needed throughout the day with the mentioned mix above but with added water for a nice mist.

-DC once every two weeks...Im going to start sitting under the dryer I typically leave it in while in the shower for about 10-15minutes then rinse.

-Henna once a month with Jamila Henna

- cleanse(shampoo) my hair with Kincy Curly cleansing shampoo when needed (product buildup).

My hair goal for the 3M challenge:
I haven't measured my hair yet but I will at the end of the challenge, the ultimate for for 3months is to get the front of my hair length to be even with the back. we will see.

My staple styles:

1.medium two strands
2.finger coils (I am currently wearing this style now)

3.chunky twist out fro

Thanks for your time! Happy Growing ladies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 9th January 2010, 12:36 pm

Okay so here's another update from me. I washed last night with Pantene Pro-V Extra Straight Conditioner (all I have) and conditioned with Hello Hydration (I'M SO EXCITED I FINALLY GOT THIS!!!!). I left in the conditioner as I detangled. I didn't dry my hair at all, but put it in four parts and took little sections of the parts. I added Soft & Beautiful Botanicals 3-n-1 Dry Scalp Treatment (just because it's kinda heavy and I wanted my hair to be moisturized without putting anything else in it after I set it in the knots) to each little section and started twirling a strand of hair around itself (kinda like a single strand twist). I twirled until the strand is twisted tight against my scalp then I knotted. I started washing around 4pm so I kept the Bantu Knots uncovered and let them dry a bit. At night I just tied it up with a slik scarf and put a satin bonnet on. This morning I took out the knots and didn't separate the strands I had twisted.

Bantu Knots last night (all soaked in HH conditioner)

Bantu Knot-Out in the morning

So....can anyone tell me why my left side is longer than my right side?
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 9th January 2010, 4:18 pm

Hi Everyone! I'd like to join the challenge.

My regimen is fairly new. I've only been following it for 3 weeks or so:
Co-wash 3-4 per week with Herbal Essences Long-Term Relationship or Hello Hydration
DC 2x week with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Leave-in Kinky Curly Knot Today (was using Giovanni Direct, but I realized it was doing more for my relaxed hair than my natural hair)
Seal with Jojoba Oil
Daily Moisturizer: ??? scratch Any recommendations would help. I have to co-wash frequently to retain moisture because I haven't found a moisturizer yet

Goals:
  • 2-3 inches of growth. Usually it takes me 4 months to grow 3 inches, but I'm hoping that sticking to healthy hair practices will help me in this area.
  • Evaluate my regimen and make tweaks as necessary.
  • Find a good moisturizer for my hair.
  • Take pictures monthly to document my growth

Before pics:

tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next