CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

+33
chocolate-kinks
brownsugar09
KinkyNappyHappy
KnowwhoIam
BlondeByDesire
akaprincess00
AllNaturalBeauty
TaSiaJaY
jlowman1
bloom
Q
_kiner_
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CurlsGalore
Mz. Thang
leightred
Lynnieluve
TwistedKurlzz
rosyhours
tressedforsuccess
Courtney
Abisco
vonda4b
KurlyK
yaya
Jonezy
LOlivia
Nueme2010
NubieNatty
LearninToLove
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
Tamikac23
oooop2
37 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 9 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by oooop2 28th January 2010, 12:11 am

I add the olive n honey balm to my condish to use it up. Left my hair feeling too sticky.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 9 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by _kiner_ 28th January 2010, 2:18 am

Heyyy all!

So I have barely updated...but on Sunday I shampooed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk and dC'd with a mix of coconut oil, olive oil, Giovanni SAS, and Olive Oil Replenishing pak...amazing!!! I put a cap on and got under the dryer for about 30 minutes and my hair was so defined with nothing on it after I rinsed. After that I put Jane Carter spray leave-in and the clear fantasia gel. My hair was really soft!
So if any of you need a dc to try that mix was great.
_kiner_
_kiner_

http://makinithompson.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 28th January 2010, 7:24 pm

Finally posting..I've been real busy (plus working overnight doesn't help either..)Shampooing once a week with Giovanni Smooth as Silk ..I'm co-washing 3 times a week with Organix Shea Butter Conditioner (it's been a real life saver) and DC with ORS, a cup of EVOO and seal with shea butter and castor oil every night.Starting from last Thursday..I cowashed, without product:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Twists, pulled into ponytail

Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by KnowwhoIam 28th January 2010, 7:28 pm

Okay, I got so tired of looking at my heat damage I had about three different patches in my head. I thought I would cut some then let it grow I did on monday then cut some more on Tuesday and then did some more this morning. I cut about 6 inches off of my hair. You know what I felt so free it was unbelievable. I actually could see my true texture after that. I know that sounds weird but my hair was different. I feel so much better now than I did with those patches of heat damage. Now my hair can flourish and be very healthy. The last picture is after I cut all the damage off I did a twist out but I didn't have time to really do it so it came out bad I just wanted to show you something after I cut out the damage.

Here r some pics..

KnowwhoIam
KnowwhoIam

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya 28th January 2010, 7:45 pm

@Ms. Thang, conditioners that I love for deep conditioning is ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pack and Giovonni's Smooth as Silk conditioner. For a leave in I like Giovonnis Direct Leave-In. My curls are supper defined after that combo.
@ Courtney, Thanks! To stretch my wash and go I sleep with a bonnet, and in the morning spray with my special mix (giovonni's direct leave-in, water, and rosemary oil) and shake the heck out of my head (I only comb after washing and deep conditioning, comb doesnt touch my head till I wash it again on the weekend.
@ Thanks, I was itching to put some color on my hair but was afraid of doing any damage. It tolerated the color pretty well though. I have been heavily considering adding henna to my regi for hair health and color purposes.
@ At everyone doing the challange, have any of you incorporated henna into your regi? If so hows it going.

As for my hair Its chiling in a bun. My bro has a show tonight so I was thinking bout wearing it down but I really want to stick to my protective style during the week and out on the weekend so maybe I'll just try to jazz up my bun. Any ideas?
yaya
yaya

http://www.chroniclesofcarolee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya 28th January 2010, 7:47 pm

the third @ was for abisco [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yaya
yaya

http://www.chroniclesofcarolee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KnowwhoIam 28th January 2010, 10:30 pm

I know that this is a growth challenge but I felt that my hair wouldn't grow like it should with all the heat damage so here are some length check after I BC'd for the second time. I am still co-washing once a week with HH and deep conditioning with bananna molasses mix (oooop2) and I am using shea butter and castor oil mixture. I will do henna if I ever get my product, I ordered it January 14....I am wearing my hair in a twist/roller set.

KnowwhoIam
KnowwhoIam

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 28th January 2010, 11:25 pm

yaya wrote:@Ms. Thang, conditioners that I love for deep conditioning is ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pack and Giovonni's Smooth as Silk conditioner. For a leave in I like Giovonnis Direct Leave-In. My curls are supper defined after that combo.
@ Courtney, Thanks! To stretch my wash and go I sleep with a bonnet, and in the morning spray with my special mix (giovonni's direct leave-in, water, and rosemary oil) and shake the heck out of my head (I only comb after washing and deep conditioning, comb doesnt touch my head till I wash it again on the weekend.
@ Thanks, I was itching to put some color on my hair but was afraid of doing any damage. It tolerated the color pretty well though. I have been heavily considering adding henna to my regi for hair health and color purposes.
@ At everyone doing the challange, have any of you incorporated henna into your regi? If so hows it going.

As for my hair Its chiling in a bun. My bro has a show tonight so I was thinking bout wearing it down but I really want to stick to my protective style during the week and out on the weekend so maybe I'll just try to jazz up my bun. Any ideas?

Henna while I was transitioning was great but henna with my TWA is not so hot. My curl pattern has loosened in the top. I probably wont henna again until I get more length.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 29th January 2010, 1:41 am

question for oooop2, w/ the spritz, do u still use an oil on your scalp? being that you spritz 2x/day...do you feel as though the spritz keep ur scalp moisturized?

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 29th January 2010, 1:51 am

_kiner_ wrote:Heyyy all!

So I have barely updated...but on Sunday I shampooed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk and dC'd with a mix of coconut oil, olive oil, Giovanni SAS, and Olive Oil Replenishing pak...amazing!!! I put a cap on and got under the dryer for about 30 minutes and my hair was so defined with nothing on it after I rinsed. After that I put Jane Carter spray leave-in and the clear fantasia gel. My hair was really soft!
So if any of you need a dc to try that mix was great.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Tamren wrote:Finally posting..I've been real busy (plus working overnight doesn't help either..)Shampooing once a week with Giovanni Smooth as Silk ..I'm co-washing 3 times a week with Organix Shea Butter Conditioner (it's been a real life saver) and DC with ORS, a cup of EVOO and seal with shea butter and castor oil every night.Starting from last Thursday..I cowashed, without product:

Twists, pulled into ponytail

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing your progress t/o this challenge.

KnowwhoIam wrote:Okay, I got so tired of looking at my heat damage I had about three different patches in my head. I thought I would cut some then let it grow I did on monday then cut some more on Tuesday and then did some more this morning. I cut about 6 inches off of my hair. You know what I felt so free it was unbelievable. I actually could see my true texture after that. I know that sounds weird but my hair was different. I feel so much better now than I did with those patches of heat damage. Now my hair can flourish and be very healthy. The last picture is after I cut all the damage off I did a twist out but I didn't have time to really do it so it came out bad I just wanted to show you something after I cut out the damage.

Here r some pics..

I think you did the best thing for your hair.

KnowwhoIam wrote:I know that this is a growth challenge but I felt that my hair wouldn't grow like it should with all the heat damage so here are some length check after I BC'd for the second time. I am still co-washing once a week with HH and deep conditioning with bananna molasses mix (oooop2) and I am using shea butter and castor oil mixture. I will do henna if I ever get my product, I ordered it January 14....I am wearing my hair in a twist/roller set.

Your hair looks nice. Are you starting to weed out products/techniques that aren't working for your hair?

jlowman1 wrote:
yaya wrote:@Ms. Thang, conditioners that I love for deep conditioning is ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pack and Giovonni's Smooth as Silk conditioner. For a leave in I like Giovonnis Direct Leave-In. My curls are supper defined after that combo.

I henna about 1x every 6-8wks. That works for me. I tried using henna more frequently (have over 50 boxes left), but I didn't like the way my hair felt. Now I have enough of henna to go through over the next 20yrs..LOL

Henna while I was transitioning was great but henna with my TWA is not so hot. My curl pattern has loosened in the top. I probably wont henna again until I get more length.

Yeah..It loosened up my texture a lot also.

Q wrote:question for oooop2, w/ the spritz, do u still use an oil on your scalp? being that you spritz 2x/day...do you feel as though the spritz keep ur scalp moisturized?

I scrunch my shea mix into my hair in the morning, then spritz. My mix contains EVOO, castor and coconut oils, so I don't need to add oils to my spritz...HTHs
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 29th January 2010, 1:58 am

Yes, it did help tremendously!!! I was thinking like "now what do I do with this spritz" lollol BTW, ur daughter's hair is so shiny & their twists are so 'juicy' ...do they have the same regimen?

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 29th January 2010, 9:21 am

I DC'd with Yes to Carrots last night and took some pictures of my growth. I'm pretty happy with the difference that I've achieved this month. dance

DECEMBER

JAN
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by KnowwhoIam 29th January 2010, 5:15 pm

Your hair looks nice. Are you starting to weed out products/techniques that aren't working for your hair?

@oooop2 Thank you now I can truly experiment with different styles.

Yes, I am starting to know my hair better after I cut the damage off so I that is my next step to start paying close attention to how my hair reacts to different products. My hair feels really good after I deep condition with AOHSR. I am doing a protein treatment to my hair and I am going back old school and make my own with eggs mixed in conditioner.

I am so excited I just received my henna today..... I will do it tomorrow because it says it has to sit for 12 hours before you apply. Is that true?
KnowwhoIam
KnowwhoIam

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th January 2010, 5:32 pm

@oooop2...

I soooo bought a kilo before I decided that I didnt want to do it again for awhile, so I probably have like 10 boxes just sitting there. LoL... Have you tried anything other than henna as far as cassia or amla? If so, how did it work for you?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by rosyhours 29th January 2010, 7:22 pm

I did a baking soda clarifying treatment (added 1-2 tablespoons of it to my conditioner and co-washed.) and followed with an apple cider vinegar rinse to get rid of product buildup. Made my hair really soft.
I am currently cowashing daily with VO5.

I use Aveda's Be Curly curl enhancing cream daily on wet hair. It really defines my curls without making them crunchy at all.
rosyhours
rosyhours

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 29th January 2010, 9:48 pm

Small update here. I had mini twist in for a week, and wore a the twist out for a couple days and then I did an up do for a week, so my hair was protected. It's been about 2 weeks now, so I'm getting ready to deep condition, and twist my hair again.

-Jess

AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 29th January 2010, 10:44 pm

This very pretty! Fabulous!

Mz. Thang wrote:Ok here is my weekly update even though i knw its a little late but this wk has definitely been a struggle. Ok in hair news i currently still have my twist in and let me tell u I am ready for them to go....I get bored fast. So I was having serious scalp itch going on so yesterday I did an ACV rinse for the first time. It was ok but I had major frizzy action going on more then I had at first. So I decided to do a braid and curl with my twist.

I used my shea mixture that I made and this new sample of Natural Oasis Hair and scalp conditioner to seal. (this stuff smells so good)
The results were so cute even though it wasn't completely dry when I took them down had to go out so they had to come out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But after rain and a nite of dancing frizzies are back so I plan on redoing them and just dampen them with my leave-in concoction.
So i will try to stretch these twist out for a lil longer but this will be the last wk if they make it that long.

So here's were I need help on still
1. what protective style to do next after I take out the twist?
2. Still in search of an natural and organic deep condish?( have AOHSR if n e one wants it)
3. Need to get a regime

N e ideas or suggestions ladies cuz i would definitely appreciate them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's some pics from the wk.

My first attempt @ flat twist had these in for a couple of days.

Flat twistout sort of [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Results of the braid n curl some shrinkage but it worked [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 29th January 2010, 11:31 pm

tressedforsuccess wrote:I DC'd with Yes to Carrots last night and took some pictures of my growth. I'm pretty happy with the difference that I've achieved this month. dance

DECEMBER

JAN

Yep..It's definitely growing.

KnowwhoIam wrote:Your hair looks nice. Are you starting to weed out products/techniques that aren't working for your hair?

@oooop2 Thank you now I can truly experiment with different styles.

Yes, I am starting to know my hair better after I cut the damage off so I that is my next step to start paying close attention to how my hair reacts to different products. My hair feels really good after I deep condition with AOHSR. I am doing a protein treatment to my hair and I am going back old school and make my own with eggs mixed in conditioner.

I am so excited I just received my henna today..... I will do it tomorrow because it says it has to sit for 12 hours before you apply. Is that true?

LOL...Nope. Basically the wait is until you get the color release. But some really don't want all of the color, so they use it sooner. I let mine sit for about 3-4hrs then apply. What are mixing it with?

jlowman1 wrote:@oooop2...

I soooo bought a kilo before I decided that I didnt want to do it again for awhile, so I probably have like 10 boxes just sitting there. LoL... Have you tried anything other than henna as far as cassia or amla? If so, how did it work for you?

I have several boxes of Alma, but they are just sitting there. I really need to use them.

AllNaturalBeauty wrote:Small update here. I had mini twist in for a week, and wore a the twist out for a couple days and then I did an up do for a week, so my hair was protected. It's been about 2 weeks now, so I'm getting ready to deep condition, and twist my hair again.

-Jess

What did apply to your hair to do the mini twist? Typically people keep there mini-twist in for a least 2+ week b/c it takes so much time to create, so I am wondering why you took them down after 1 week.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 29th January 2010, 11:35 pm

AllNaturalBeauty wrote:Small update here. I had mini twist in for a week, and wore a the twist out for a couple days and then I did an up do for a week, so my hair was protected. It's been about 2 weeks now, so I'm getting ready to deep condition, and twist my hair again.

-Jess

So cute!
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by KnowwhoIam 29th January 2010, 11:57 pm

@oops I am mixing it with green tea and I think castor oil because I don't have any honey, I use honey in my tea and anytime I want to sweeten (because I don't use sugar) so I ended up running out and we are in the middle of a winter storm yesterday nothing but ice now nothing but snow on top of ice so I can't get out....I saw where someone use castor oil but do I really need to mix it with anything else but green tea the first time..
KnowwhoIam
KnowwhoIam

Back to top Go down

Post by KnowwhoIam 30th January 2010, 12:04 am

@oooops I forgot some indigo also I was going to do half and half for medium brunette, I don't want red so I wonder if I should go ahead and mix it now and wait 4 hours to do it what do you think? I know this is just my first time so I am just experimenting to see what works.
KnowwhoIam
KnowwhoIam

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 30th January 2010, 12:06 am

@ ooop2 I only left my twist in for 1 week because they were my first set I'd ever done and I really wanted to see my twist out! lol Also i didn't really use anything, my hair was stretched from a different style and I just started doing mini twist. This time I'm using ORS twist and lock gel to do my twist. If I like them I will keep them in longer.

@ tressedforsuccess Thanks so much, it just happened by accident.
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KnowwhoIam 30th January 2010, 6:02 am

I did Henna/indigo for the first time I am going to rinse it out when I get up it is 3am Saturday morning.... I couldn't wait until I got up to do it. I pray it comes out good. here are some picss...

KnowwhoIam
KnowwhoIam

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th January 2010, 11:41 am

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:you know what...i never thought of refrigerating the y2c, good idea though! i have a big jar of qhemets olive n honey balm that i feel will take forever to use up and i plan on puttin that in the fridge! i guess i need a section in my fridge for my hair stuff, lol.

Nubie~

Where do you buy the Yes 2 Carrot conditioner?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th January 2010, 4:26 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:you know what...i never thought of refrigerating the y2c, good idea though! i have a big jar of qhemets olive n honey balm that i feel will take forever to use up and i plan on puttin that in the fridge! i guess i need a section in my fridge for my hair stuff, lol.

Nubie~

Where do you buy the Yes 2 Carrot conditioner?

I want to know this as well. I saw some Y2C products at Ulta but they didnt have the Hair Mask.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next