CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

+33
chocolate-kinks
brownsugar09
KinkyNappyHappy
KnowwhoIam
BlondeByDesire
akaprincess00
AllNaturalBeauty
TaSiaJaY
jlowman1
bloom
Q
_kiner_
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CurlsGalore
Mz. Thang
leightred
Lynnieluve
TwistedKurlzz
rosyhours
tressedforsuccess
Courtney
Abisco
vonda4b
KurlyK
yaya
Jonezy
LOlivia
Nueme2010
NubieNatty
LearninToLove
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
Tamikac23
oooop2
37 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 3 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by Abisco 11th January 2010, 7:42 pm

Ok here is my first contribution. I have just BC-ed (on Sat morn) so I'm a little new to the game. I transitioned from August 2009. Here are pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Relaxed:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Transitioning with braids:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BC: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Products I'm currently using:

Shampoo: Castille Soap (haven't tried it yet though)
Condish: Hello Hydration (love it!)
DC: Elasta QP DPR 11

Regimen:
I did a DC straight after BC. My hair felt very soft for a while after, but then it just got really dry and took me by surprise. Then I started
conditioning my hair overnight i.e. put conditioner in my hair before I went to sleep, wrap it up in a silk scarf, and then wash out the condish in the morning. Leaves my hair very soft and smelling lovely!

For moisturiser, I made a mixture of the following:
- Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Honey
- Olive Oil
- Lavendar drops

Hair goal for the 3m challenge - For healthy, shiny, growing hair. My hair keeps looking really dull and that's not working for me, so I need to get that sorted! I'm hoping for some growth too but not sure how fast my hair is going to grow so I shall aim for at least 2 inches growth.

I've only just started this regimen so my update next wk will probably be more detailed.
Abisco
Abisco

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 3 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by Mz. Thang 11th January 2010, 8:02 pm

LearninToLove wrote:Your twists look great Mz. Thang!

Thanks i was so nervous worried about how they were going to turn out.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 11th January 2010, 10:40 pm

Hello-

So I've had a chance to sit down and think about my goals for this challenge.

GOALS:
As a recent BC'er I want first and foremost to get a routine down. I'm a less is more type person so I'm going to be following the CG method, and staying away from cones. I've done that since my BC and my hair is feeling VERY soft and moisturized, after dryness from the BC.

I also want GROWTH, GROWTH and MORE GROWTH. I just measured and I'm at 4 inches (some places are just a little under some a little over) My goal is 2 inches of growth by the end of the 3 months.

Lastly I want to experiment with new styles.

ROUTINE:
Co Wash, as needed using Vo5 moisture milk.
Kinky Kurly Knot Today as my leave in
DC, a least once every 2 weeks possibly weekly with a heat cap.
If I notice dryness I will moisturize hair with homemade spritz (lavendar eo, water) and add evoo or jojoba oil and bag over night.
KEEP MY HANDS OUT OF MY HAIR!!!!

STYLE:
It's too cold right now for wash and go's, so I will wear twists or twist outs.

Here's my hair today...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 12th January 2010, 12:09 am

Courtney wrote:Hello-

GOALS:
As a recent BC'er I want first and foremost to get a routine down. I'm a less is more type person so I'm going to be following the CG method, and staying away from cones. I've done that since my BC and my hair is feeling VERY soft and moisturized, after dryness from the BC.

I also want GROWTH, GROWTH and MORE GROWTH. I just measured and I'm at 4 inches (some places are just a little under some a little over) My goal is 2 inches of growth by the end of the 3 months.

ROUTINE:
If I notice dryness I will moisturize hair with homemade spritz (lavendar eo, water) and add evoo or jojoba oil and bag over night.

STYLE:

Here's my hair today...

Your hair is really cute! Is that just a twist-out? What products do you use for your twistouts?
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 12th January 2010, 12:53 am

Add me in this challenge por favor
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 12th January 2010, 1:39 am

Mz. Thang wrote:Hey Everyone I know I'm a lil late but I haven't been on here in a while just glad i didn't miss the deadline. Ok here it goes.......

1. I am currently trying to get a regime down but as of right now I'm trying to do low manipulation to my hair to achieve lenth. So my hair is currently in my first attempt at small 2-strand twist. I plan to leave them up 1-2 more wks did it on New Years Eve my three yr natural anniversay but Im just now really loving and caring for my hair by myself with the info tht I have learned from the ladies on here and youtube [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I put co in my hair at night focusing on ends.

2. Products used is organic co, evoo, castol oil, raw shea butter, AOHSR, HE TT.
I need to find something to cleanse my scalp and hair with out water while the twist are in.

3. My 3M goal really I would be happy with at least 3 inches. I will measure my hair once I find a ruler lol. Ok right now my hair is about 8 inches so if I reach 11 or 12 inches i will take tht.

Pics of my hair in the twist just redid some 2day. I used a mix of co, raw shea,castol oil, and some old gel tht I had. I eyeballed everything really mostly shea, co, gel, very little castol oil.

Your twist are really cute. You did a great job. Looking forward to seeing your progress t/o this challenge Smile

Abisco wrote:Ok here is my first contribution. I have just BC-ed (on Sat morn) so I'm a little new to the game. I transitioned from August 2009. Here are pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Relaxed:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Transitioning with braids:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BC: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Products I'm currently using:

Shampoo: Castille Soap (haven't tried it yet though)
Condish: Hello Hydration (love it!)
DC: Elasta QP DPR 11

Regimen:
I did a DC straight after BC. My hair felt very soft for a while after, but then it just got really dry and took me by surprise. Then I started
conditioning my hair overnight i.e. put conditioner in my hair before I went to sleep, wrap it up in a silk scarf, and then wash out the condish in the morning. Leaves my hair very soft and smelling lovely!

For moisturiser, I made a mixture of the following:
- Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Honey
- Olive Oil
- Lavendar drops

Hair goal for the 3m challenge - For healthy, shiny, growing hair. My hair keeps looking really dull and that's not working for me, so I need to get that sorted! I'm hoping for some growth too but not sure how fast my hair is going to grow so I shall aim for at least 2 inches growth.

I've only just started this regimen so my update next wk will probably be more detailed.

Congrats on the BC!!! How did you feel after??? Nice regime. And I'm sure you will get the results you want w/ your regime.

GOALS:

ROUTINE:

STYLE:

Here's my hair today...

I want to be like you regarding keeping my hand out of my hair. BAD HABIT...LOL Can't wait to see your growth in 3m.

Update on me:

Finally got over my laziness and took my hair out of my WnG bun from Friday.

This:

+

=

This:

From the time I washed to the time I was done twisting took 2hrs. Planning on keeping these in for at least 10 days.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 1:47 am

Oooop2 I love our twist!! They always look so good.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by _kiner_ 12th January 2010, 2:21 am

Hey everyone!

I don't have an exact regimen right now... but so far I'm cowashing usually every day or every other day with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner or Giovanni SAS.
- Shampoo once a week w/ Giovanni SAS or Dr. Bronner's Castile soap(the bar)
-DC once a week under the dryer w/ whatever deep conditioner packet I try that week lol. I haven't found one I love yet.

Most days I wear my hair in a wash and go with JC leave in or whatever I co wash with and some Fantasia gel.
I moisturize with shea butter and seal with coconut oil daily also.

Goals:
I hope to get at least 2 inches during this challenge if not more. My hair has always grown pretty fast but usually up breaking due to my lack of care. I finally got healthy hair when I found hair boards 2 years ago and now I want healthy natural hair! I hope to really get to know my hair and what it likes in it's natural state also.

Here is my starting pic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh also my fotki is in my siggy.
_kiner_
_kiner_

http://makinithompson.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abisco 12th January 2010, 5:06 am

@Courtney - loving new avatar girl!

@Ooop2 - Thanks. First I felt quite distressed about the BC but now I'm really beginning to like it. By the end of the wk, I'm sure I shall be in love! lol I love your hair though, and I can't wait till I get some length in mine and can start doing things with it.

@_kiner_ - cute pic!

@all the ladies - is it poss to be DC without a heat cap? I tried last wk straight after BC but I'm not sure I got the results I wanted. I left it in for 2 hours but after a while,hair went back to being dry.

Also, have any of the recent BC-ers found that when they comb their hair, a lot of hair comes out? Not clumps but more like all the excess curls that had been cut but hadn't been brushed out? I've been trying to get them all out since Sat but everyday when I comb, I see more tiny little curls coming out. What to do please?

Have a lovely day!
Abisco
Abisco

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 12th January 2010, 11:17 am

tressedforsuccess wrote:

GOALS:

ROUTINE:

STYLE:

Here's my hair today...

Your hair is really cute! Is that just a twist-out? What products do you use for your twistouts?

@Tressed for Success-
Thank you.
I had co-washed my hair, with KKKT leave in and let it dry about 80% I just added a drop or 2 of jojoba oil while I did the twists.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 12th January 2010, 11:19 am

@oooop2-
Your twists are GORGEOUS...How long have you been natural? I want some length....NOW! lol!
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 12th January 2010, 11:30 am

Abisco wrote:@Courtney - loving new avatar girl!

@Ooop2 - Thanks. First I felt quite distressed about the BC but now I'm really beginning to like it. By the end of the wk, I'm sure I shall be in love! lol I love your hair though, and I can't wait till I get some length in mine and can start doing things with it.

@_kiner_ - cute pic!

@all the ladies - is it poss to be DC without a heat cap? I tried last wk straight after BC but I'm not sure I got the results I wanted. I left it in for 2 hours but after a while,hair went back to being dry.

Also, have any of the recent BC-ers found that when they comb their hair, a lot of hair comes out? Not clumps but more like all the excess curls that had been cut but hadn't been brushed out? I've been trying to get them all out since Sat but everyday when I comb, I see more tiny little curls coming out. What to do please?

Have a lovely day!

@ Abisco-
Thank You!
I haven't noticed excess curls coming out, but I think it is completely possible. How much did you cut off? I really think after my BC my hair was in "shock". The dryness was crazy. I DC'd after my BC, and it has taken 13 days to feel like the dryness is going away. I'm also trying not to manipulate my hair so much...as hard as that is... affraid. What conditioner are you using for your DC? I LOVE Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. Do you use any oil to seal? I've used evoo, jojoba and coconut...my hair likes the jojoba oil the most. It's very much a game of trial and error after the BC-as frustrating as that is. Mad
I'd like to hear how things are going for you today Smile
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by LOlivia 12th January 2010, 2:01 pm

I did my Sunday washing and conditioning with Suave shampoo and Aussie Moist conditioner. I applied Cantu Shea leave-in and twisted using unrefined shea and coconut oil on my scalp. The twists are basically just pinned up off of my shoulders and whatnot without any real rhyme or reason...it looks similar to KurlyK's pinup (hey girl!). It received rave reviews this morning...I'm working in Danville, PA today and one of the ladies in the office came in yelling, "I love your hairstyle; it is SO cool." She then proceeded to grab my head...a big no-no! But I appreciated her compliment.

LOlivia
LOlivia

Back to top Go down

Post by LOlivia 12th January 2010, 2:03 pm

Having trouble posting pics...

LOlivia
LOlivia

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 12th January 2010, 4:36 pm

LOlivia wrote:Having trouble posting pics...

Hey girlie, I love your twists!! So thick and luscious dance The same thing happened to me the other night when my twists were pinned: This drunk guy was mesmerized by my hair, he kept running his hands over my head! The irony since there so many ladies with "long flowing hair" in the building lol

Last edited by KurlyK on 13th January 2010, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. 12th January 2010, 7:20 pm

Hey ladies so from my last post this was this style I have been wearing since Thursday night...finger coils

Day 4 of my finger coils

These lasted for about 4 days until they began to frizz up...

I took them out this morning and ended up with a really cute coil out that I will wear and refresh until Friday...

These is photo's are in real time lol

So Friday I will be cleansing my hair with Kinky Curly Knot Today shampoo (as I haven't cleansed in about 3 weeks)...DCing with J/A/S/O/N/S. I will sit under the hair dryer for 10-15 minutes and rinse out condish. While my hair is still soak and wet I will seal my tresses with my mix of EVVO, Coconut oil, jojoba oil, and my KC Knot Today leave in conditioner. I will proceed to two strand twist my hair in small-medium twist and I plan to leave those in for about two weeks styling in various pin ups. I will be sure to post pictures!
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 8:46 pm

TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. wrote:Hey ladies so from my last post this was this style I have been wearing since Thursday night...finger coils

Day 4 of my finger coils

I took them out this morning and ended up with a really cute coil out that I will wear and refresh until Friday...

So Friday I will be cleansing my hair with Kinky Curly Knot Today shampoo (as I haven't cleansed in about 3 weeks)...DCing with J/A/S/O/N/S. I will sit under the hair dryer for 10-15 minutes and rinse out condish. While my hair is still soak and wet I will seal my tresses with my mix of EVVO, Coconut oil, jojoba oil, and my KC Knot Today leave in conditioner. I will proceed to two strand twist my hair in small-medium twist and I plan to leave those in for about two weeks styling in various pin ups. I will be sure to post pictures!

Cute!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th January 2010, 9:14 pm

LOVE the coils! and lynnie i've been peeping you; ur hair is growing wonderfully!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. 12th January 2010, 11:05 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. wrote:Hey ladies so from my last post this was this style I have been wearing since Thursday night...finger coils

Day 4 of my finger coils

Cute!!!

Thanks Ladies!
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 13th January 2010, 12:04 am

My twistout tonight Smile But Im twisting my hair tomorrow!!!!

url=https://servimg.com/view/14631691/14][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

I used Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade to pull my twist apart
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th January 2010, 12:11 am

KurlyK, you are so pretty!! (no homo) I love your hair!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 13th January 2010, 12:15 am

I don't have pix as of right now but I have a semi reggie.
Poo(1x/wk) CoN (red label)
DC Giovanni Smooth As Silk (had to try from the CN ladies, its the pj in me) or Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat(hope my natural hair likes this as much as my relaxer hair did. However, I'm in search of another moisturizing DC (any suggestions?)
Cowash (1x/wk) Aussie Moist, HE HH, Giovanni TTTT (haven't tried but will use on tomorrow's cowash)
Leave in Giovanni Direct or Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave in (very thick more like a moisturizer)
Moisturizer: BioInfusion Olive Oil Moisturizer(tryna use this up) but liking shea butter & coconut oil.

I try to baggy 2xs/wk. My transitioning hair seems to like it for now. I also use cayenne pepper & evoo mix on my edges part of another challenge. I have alopecia so I'd just like some growth & health. Everyone inspires me on here & keeps me from being lazy

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 13th January 2010, 12:35 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Oooop2 I love our twist!! They always look so good.

Thanks Lynnie Smile

_kiner_ wrote:Hey everyone!

I don't have an exact regimen right now... but so far I'm cowashing usually every day or every other day with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner or Giovanni SAS.
- Shampoo once a week w/ Giovanni SAS or Dr. Bronner's Castile soap(the bar)
-DC once a week under the dryer w/ whatever deep conditioner packet I try that week lol. I haven't found one I love yet.

Most days I wear my hair in a wash and go with JC leave in or whatever I co wash with and some Fantasia gel.
I moisturize with shea butter and seal with coconut oil daily also.

Goals:
I hope to get at least 2 inches during this challenge if not more. My hair has always grown pretty fast but usually up breaking due to my lack of care. I finally got healthy hair when I found hair boards 2 years ago and now I want healthy natural hair! I hope to really get to know my hair and what it likes in it's natural state also.

Here is my starting pic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh also my fotki is in my siggy.

I think you will notice a growth spurt with your hair from all of the cowashing. Can't wait to see your growth in 3m.

Abisco wrote:@Courtney - loving new avatar girl!

@_kiner_ - cute pic!

Have a lovely day!

Cowash on a daily basis and seal after. You will notice a huge difference.

Courtney wrote:@oooop2-
Your twists are GORGEOUS...How long have you been natural? I want some length....NOW! lol!

Thank you!!! I've been natural since Feb 9, 1998. But I wore a scalp cut for 7 straight years. Last haircut was Nov 2005. But didn't start properly caring for my hair til Jan 2008.

LOlivia wrote:I did my Sunday washing and conditioning with Suave shampoo and Aussie Moist conditioner. I applied Cantu Shea leave-in and twisted using unrefined shea and coconut oil on my scalp. The twists are basically just pinned up off of my shoulders and whatnot without any real rhyme or reason...it looks similar to KurlyK's pinup (hey girl!). It received rave reviews this morning...I'm working in Danville, PA today and one of the ladies in the office came in yelling, "I love your hairstyle; it is SO cool." She then proceeded to grab my head...a big no-no! But I appreciated her compliment.

Cute...Maybe I'll pinup my twist tomorrow.

Day 4 of my finger coils

Your coil outs are too cute...Can't wait to see your twist pics!!

KurlyK wrote:My twistout tonight Smile But Im twisting my hair tomorrow!!!!

url=https://servimg.com/view/14631691/14][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

I used Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade to pull my twist apart

Cute!! Cute!! Cute!! Do you normally use Oyin Pomade? I did nothing for my hair.

Q wrote:I don't have pix as of right now but I have a semi reggie.
Poo(1x/wk) CoN (red label)
DC Giovanni Smooth As Silk (had to try from the CN ladies, its the pj in me) or Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat(hope my natural hair likes this as much as my relaxer hair did. However, I'm in search of another moisturizing DC (any suggestions?)
Cowash (1x/wk) Aussie Moist, HE HH, Giovanni TTTT (haven't tried but will use on tomorrow's cowash)
Leave in Giovanni Direct or Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave in (very thick more like a moisturizer)
Moisturizer: BioInfusion Olive Oil Moisturizer(tryna use this up) but liking shea butter & coconut oil.

I try to baggy 2xs/wk. My transitioning hair seems to like it for now. I also use cayenne pepper & evoo mix on my edges part of another challenge. I have alopecia so I'd just like some growth & health. Everyone inspires me on here & keeps me from being lazy

For a DC try www.jessicurl.com Is the cayenne helping your edges?

Thanks for posting everyone.... Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 13th January 2010, 1:36 am

GOALS:

I love your headband, where did you get it?? And your hair is so thick and gorgeous.

TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. - your coils are so cute , I wish I had the patience

Thanks Lynnie for the compliment, you know we natural girls look good when we step out lol

@ oooop2 You daughters are so cute! I am also watching the twisting challenge on LHCF Smile you are my twist idol...Im not reordering the burnt sugar pomade, there is really no need for it. People love it but Im just trying to figure out ways to use it.
ROUTINE:

STYLE:

Here's my hair today...

KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 13th January 2010, 1:40 am

GOALS:

ROUTINE:

STYLE:

Here's my hair today...

I love your headband, where did you get it?? And your hair is so thick and gorgeous.

TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. - your coils are so cute , I wish I had the patience

Thanks Lynnie for the compliment, you know we natural girls look good when we step out lol

@ oooop2 You daughters are so cute! I am also watching the twisting challenge on LHCF you are my twist idol...Im not reordering the burnt sugar pomade, there is really no need for it. People love it but Im just trying to figure out ways to use it.
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next