CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

+33
chocolate-kinks
brownsugar09
KinkyNappyHappy
KnowwhoIam
BlondeByDesire
akaprincess00
AllNaturalBeauty
TaSiaJaY
jlowman1
bloom
Q
_kiner_
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CurlsGalore
Mz. Thang
leightred
Lynnieluve
TwistedKurlzz
rosyhours
tressedforsuccess
Courtney
Abisco
vonda4b
KurlyK
yaya
Jonezy
LOlivia
Nueme2010
NubieNatty
LearninToLove
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
Tamikac23
oooop2
37 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 17 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by Mz. Thang 29th March 2010, 9:04 pm

Hey Ladies...Last wk I didn't do much of anything to my hair cause unfortunately I was very sick. But I still got some good news. I did a length check recently and I definitely have some growth. I also finally got a hair dryer so now I can try some different styles.
As far as products I am still sticking to home-made things cause they are working and just pacing myself definitely don't want to become a pj overnite [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Hope all is well with everyone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18 - Page 17 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL Personal 3M GROWTH Challenge Jan 6-Apr 18

Post by TaSiaJaY 31st March 2010, 11:15 pm

Whoa! I went to Atlanta for the weekend! And I was so happy and at home there....smiling...Natural hair is everywhere there, no one even took a second look at me regarding my hair! Florida is soooo behind when it comes to diversity! I want move to the ATL....lol...

Nothing has changed same routine but what I have noticed is that I have major growth and the styles I could rock before the challenge...I can no longer rock! So now its time to perfect the chunky twist out.....straw curls....ooooo and maybe a updated Fro hawk with cornrow designs on both sides of the hawk.....lol....this could be interesting!!!!....
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by bloom 1st April 2010, 3:14 pm

wow, i haven't updated in a while...i've still been having problems with too much "shedding" hair....i stopped the henna treatments for a while because i found out that it was drying my hair out....as for styling i've just been keeping it pinned up in a pony tail

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i've been putting my mix of Castor oil, vitamin E oil and water....sometimes after a conds wash i will put in my styling mix of Shea butter, Coconut oil and Olive oil...so far this has helped with the moisture in my hair however it does Nothing for the continual shedding which in itself is stressing me...bummer
bloom
bloom

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th April 2010, 1:57 am

My little update:

I've been experimenting with products, my wallet is sooo not happy but I recently bought Tresemme Naturals silicone-free condish, unrefined coconut oil, castor oil and Suave Shea Butter and Almond condish. I loved the Tresemme, makes my curls POP! Coconut oil is great, I've been oiling my scalp with it and the castor oil. My scalp has been very happy. I didnt like the Suave for cowashes, it was great for detangling though. I've still been doing my same wash and gos but my hair has grown so much since the start of this challenge. Its hanging alot more when its wet...

Here's a recent pic:

Thats about it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 9th April 2010, 10:50 pm

Ok I retwisted my hair up sunday and it took me only 3hrs this time compared to all nite like the first time I did them. This time they aren't as small though. I used a shea mix that I got from a fellow curly on here(lynnie) and it worked wonders. So I realized that this challenge is almost over and I will be ending it the same way I started in twist and t/o. I have definitely noticed major growth but I will wait til the end to measure exactly. I wish I had one of those growth shirts really. Hope everyone is doing well.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 12th April 2010, 12:54 am

tressedforsuccess wrote:Since I was experiencing some dryness and tangles, I decided to pamper my hair this weekend and I am loving the results. My weekend regimen was as follows:

Friday: Clarify with Come Clean shampoo. Over saturate hair with GVP Conditioning balm and detangle. Twist each section after I've detangled it.

Saturday: Wore the same twists during the day. At night, did a Cherry Lola treatment. (I loved the results, my hair was so shiny and smooth). After treatment, add moisture with GVP conditioning balm and sweet almond oil. Sleep in baggy.

Sunday: Apply KCKT to damp hair (still damp from sleeping in baggy). In small sections, saturate with water and apply KCCC.

I got the best wash n go results I've ever had. I'm not sure if it's the Kinky-Curly products (it's my first time using them) or a combo of all the different treatments. I may follow this routine every weekend because even the coarse areas of my hair are feeling well conditioned.

Question for the experts: should I have done an ACV rinse to close the cuticles after exposing my hair to so much baking soda with the Cherry Lola treatment?

I only do an ACV rinse when I feel as though there is too much buildup on my hair. So I basically do it every 6wks.

Mz. Thang wrote:Hey Ladies...Last wk I didn't do much of anything to my hair cause unfortunately I was very sick. But I still got some good news. I did a length check recently and I definitely have some growth. I also finally got a hair dryer so now I can try some different styles.
As far as products I am still sticking to home-made things cause they are working and just pacing myself definitely don't want to become a pj overnite [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Hope all is well with everyone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glad to hear you are seeing some growth!!! And I feel you on the homemade products Smile

TaSiaJaY wrote:Whoa! I went to Atlanta for the weekend! And I was so happy and at home there....smiling...Natural hair is everywhere there, no one even took a second look at me regarding my hair! Florida is soooo behind when it comes to diversity! I want move to the ATL....lol...

Nothing has changed same routine but what I have noticed is that I have major growth and the styles I could rock before the challenge...I can no longer rock! So now its time to perfect the chunky twist out.....straw curls....ooooo and maybe a updated Fro hawk with cornrow designs on both sides of the hawk.....lol....this could be interesting!!!!....

So how are the new styles working for you w/ this new found growth?? Smile

bloom wrote:wow, i haven't updated in a while...i've still been having problems with too much "shedding" hair....i stopped the henna treatments for a while because i found out that it was drying my hair out....as for styling i've just been keeping it pinned up in a pony tail

i've been putting my mix of Castor oil, vitamin E oil and water....sometimes after a conds wash i will put in my styling mix of Shea butter, Coconut oil and Olive oil...so far this has helped with the moisture in my hair however it does Nothing for the continual shedding which in itself is stressing me...bummer

Yes..I also found henna to be very drying when I did it every 12 days. Now I do it every 6wks and that works well for my hair. Do you shed more in the winter months? Also are you taking any vitamins??

jlowman1 wrote:My little update:

I've been experimenting with products, my wallet is sooo not happy but I recently bought Tresemme Naturals silicone-free condish, unrefined coconut oil, castor oil and Suave Shea Butter and Almond condish. I loved the Tresemme, makes my curls POP! Coconut oil is great, I've been oiling my scalp with it and the castor oil. My scalp has been very happy. I didnt like the Suave for cowashes, it was great for detangling though. I've still been doing my same wash and gos but my hair has grown so much since the start of this challenge. Its hanging alot more when its wet...

Here's a recent pic:

Thats about it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your hair looks great!!!

Mz. Thang wrote:Ok I retwisted my hair up sunday and it took me only 3hrs this time compared to all nite like the first time I did them. This time they aren't as small though. I used a shea mix that I got from a fellow curly on here(lynnie) and it worked wonders. So I realized that this challenge is almost over and I will be ending it the same way I started in twist and t/o. I have definitely noticed major growth but I will wait til the end to measure exactly. I wish I had one of those growth shirts really. Hope everyone is doing well.

Can't wait to see your growth...

Update on me...

Been washing, detangling, twisting overnight, then wearing chunky twistouts for about 3-4 days. On the 4th or 5th day, I wear my hair in a loose ponytail for about 2 days before starting over. Really loving the Moroccanoil products. It's EXPENSIVE, but leaves my hair feeling and smelling wonderful.

Decided to comb out my dry hair today for a FRO look:

Can't wait to see/read about your results on the 18th...
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 12th April 2010, 10:51 am

..Still doing the bun challenge:

hair is coming in slowly but surely in the back:
Jan..
Now..

I'm trying to combat this dry hair still..I'll get it sooner or later.
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 12th April 2010, 3:10 pm

I have been DC on dry hair & then co-washing afterwards. Just trying to find a nice mix of products (to feed the inner pj). I'm growing out my hair under a wig w/ cornrows, so keeping my hair moisturized is a must. I moisturize & seal using a variety of products - scurl, care free gold (i like scurl better) or shea moisture leave -in or jane carter nourish & shine. I seal w/ either JBCO or grapeseed oil. Still haven't found that moisturizer that takes my breath away. So the hunt continues.
I've also been using the scalp serum by jane carter but i'm not sure its doing anything for me as of yet. My beloved rosemary & sage mix seemed to be working great - yes stick to what I know. Smile

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 13th April 2010, 3:14 pm

Well ladies, I really didn't have much to share these past six weeks, because I've kept my hair in baby twists. I must say, it felt good to keep my hands out of my hair and leave it alone for while.

I actually washed my hair 3x in the last six weeks. I just cleansed my scalp with Giovanni TTT shampoo to remove the buildup. I then followed up with my moisture spritz, which includes, Suave Coconut condish and an oil mixture (jojoba, castor, vitamin E, and SAO). Weekly, I would apply castor oil to my scalp, which I believe is contributing to my rapid growth. My roots have really grown alot.

I'll be taking my hair down this weekend and getting back to the napps I love so dearly. I'm really excited to see how much growth and progress my hair has made. I'm little worried about shedding, but I know it's normal. Other than that, that is my most recent update. I'll post pics on Sunday with results.

Happy 10 month nappiversary to me! Can't believe it's been that long! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 18th April 2010, 1:35 pm

Hey Ladies....

Well this challenge has officially come to an end. I hope that you were able to learn more about your hair and discovered new products/styles. If you have any ending pics that you would like to post, please do. And continued success on your hair journey.

afro cya!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th April 2010, 5:21 pm

oooops! lets keep the party goin...come on...

my hair is now at 3 inches!!! woooo hooo!! how many inches was it when i started???? i gotta go back n check. Now since im doin more protective styles vs before i REALLY need to keep track of my growth now. thanx ooops for ur tips, tricks n recipes!

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 19th April 2010, 10:20 pm

OOOOP2....lol I tried the straw curl and it did not turn out the way I wanted....smiling...I may have to bust a move to the salon Idea lol...besides that I am wearing fros with band...or fro hawk with lots of height and accenting it with some tiny flowers....but the fro's are the best, I love them! AND I AM STALKING YOUR FRO RIGHT NOW....LOL
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 19th April 2010, 10:26 pm

Thank you so much OOOO2 for this challenge....I can say that I have more growth the exact amount I really don't know....all I can say is that now when I rolled my two strands I have to wrap them around 4 times.....but most importantly:

1. I learned to stick with products that work for my hair and not go shopping for new products....I slipped once....lol

2. A regimen really helps me to keep track of what I am doing to my hair and keep track of my growth.

3. Joining this challenge even keep me on point with my vitamins...diet...and exercise....

I will be measuring the length this week and begin my own challenge... cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven This was a five star challenge
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17