CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+19
naturalhonney
Curly1
poeticlyspkng
CeeC
ajsimmons8
Duchess52
tshala
BlondeByDesire
Madeaj
sonance
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
TLog77
Sebastain13
Renny
TheRYL1
MissyCee
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
23 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 3 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by tshala 29th December 2010, 6:32 pm

Hi ladies,

i hope everybody has had good holidays and wad showered with love and gifts. You're all fine?
Not wanting to confuse anyone but I changed my name.....from oshunista to tshala, cut my hair way shorter (pictures will follow) and made some life changing decisions ( 2011 will be exiting!!).
But me is still me ;-)
Being over 40 now changed a lot for me and I had to adjust-again..
So, given the weather stays like this (- 10 to -17 degrees celsius/ +1,4 F) I will have to cancel my visit @ my brothers place and will instead perform a nice "out with the old, in with the new" ritual and just stay at home with dh.
We will make some nice ayurvedic-indian food and relax. Smile
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 3 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 9:32 pm

Thanks Chrs!!! I plan to!!!

Hi Tshala!!! Germany huh? Sounds cold. Might be nice to stay and cook and enjoy!!

Nyla, sleep tight. I will too. I might watch the ball drop then hit the sack.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 30th December 2010, 7:28 pm

@Missy Cee, yeah, germany is indeed cold!
These degrees work havoc on my hair. I stay in the most time and try to cope.......which means DTing twice a week.
Have fun while watching the game!
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 30th December 2010, 8:44 pm

Thanks I plan to. I was in Stuttgart in 96 for 4 months, Nov - Mar. And it was cold. But lovely....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st December 2010, 2:32 pm

Hey Curlies!!

I had to come here and wish you ladies a Happy New Year! BBD I don't usually go out unless it's a house party. So I will be in, I plan to get me a new bottle of wine...and relax! Tmrw I have to back pies for the Kwanzaa celebration. That is always fun, good food, family and friends.

Hair news: I am sitting with Darcy's in my hair under a cap and bonnet. I have to stay ahead of the the TWA dry monster. Next month I will most likely get it colored again!

Chrs I know you are going out, have a blast!

Everyone else be safe whatever you do!

Be Blessed!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 31st December 2010, 10:48 pm

Happy New Year to my backbones and curly sisters!! I've enjoyed and valued all you've said and suggested. Hope 2011 is a prosperous year to us all!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 1st January 2011, 3:13 pm

Happy new year, mes dames!

May your 2011 be joyful, magic, wonderful and prosperous! may all your wishes come true and may we all walk in beauty!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 2nd January 2011, 11:25 pm

Hey Ladies...Happy New Year!

This year shall be better than the last...this I know for sure. cheers

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 4:55 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Ladies...Happy New Year!

This year shall be better than the last...this I know for sure. cheers

Amen!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 3rd January 2011, 7:42 pm

Hey how yall doing? Hope everyone has a prosperous and healthy year! Missed talking with my curls!!

Also did anyone see Afrobella's interview with Kim Coles. I was a little disappointed that her hair was not longer - if she has been natural since 1991. Arent micros a protective style!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd January 2011, 7:55 pm

I saw the pics, I was surprised also. I mean I remember in Living Single, I always wondered what her hair looked like, now this many years later....... We will chalk that up to shrinkage!!

Hey Nyla!!! Hope your holidays were great!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 11:11 pm

I didn't see it..where is it posted? I will google it and see if I find it! Ok I thought she really did BC! It looks cute though. I see what you mean all that time under those braids you would think it would be longer....

Last edited by sweetdrk1 on 3rd January 2011, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 3rd January 2011, 11:16 pm

Hey ladies!! I only joined today after reading for several days.
I am 58 and living in the Carribean on the island of Curacao.
I wear a TWA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In this picture I gave the small perm rods a go. I'll try larger ones next time.

LOVE being here!!!

Duchess52
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 11:21 pm

Welcome Duchess!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 3rd January 2011, 11:26 pm

Thank you Sweedrk1

Duchess52
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd January 2011, 11:30 pm

Hello and welcome Duchess...
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 3rd January 2011, 11:41 pm

MissyCee wrote:Hello and welcome Duchess...

Thanks for the warm welcome
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 4th January 2011, 1:27 am

Hey Duchess! How are you! Welcome! I love your hair and those frames.

Yall I am so hungry!! I have got to do better! Drinking water so i wont eat!
Feeling emotional and I know, I am an emotional eater! Yall got to see my hair- pics tomorrow!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 1:09 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Hey Duchess! How are you! Welcome! I love your hair and those frames.

Yall I am so hungry!! I have got to do better! Drinking water so i wont eat!
Feeling emotional and I know, I am an emotional eater! Yall got to see my hair- pics tomorrow!
Why you emotional? What's going on? I been on my water kick too. I had my special K for breakfast...and just my water before I have lunch! I am not dieting just smaller portions and killing myself on the Kinect biggest loser! LOL! I hurt y'all! lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th January 2011, 1:31 pm

Hello Duchess - love ur hair. Welcome.

I really have to be in the mood to drink water. Sometimes I can drown a bottle in no time - because I have the taste for it. Others, it just sits, sits, and sits. I can't drink water cold either, it has to be room temperature.

I need to loose 5lbs. Since i've been back to work, I've been off my game with meal portions and eating out. Some folks can eat and it does nothing to them, me on the other hand, I can eat and instantly see the pounds coming on.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 4th January 2011, 1:33 pm

Another emotional day- crying and typing- not a good look No
This job is working my last nerves! My boss takes micro managing to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL- prayers are needed- for real!! :-(
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 4th January 2011, 1:39 pm

@Nyla, sending good thoughts your way. I had a boss like that and the stress was affecting my health, physically and emotionally so I can definitely relate to how you're feeling.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 4th January 2011, 2:08 pm

Hi Duchess, welcome!
I like your TWA a lot!
Nyla, I am sending some prayers and blessings your way.

Water-meh. I really cannot get into it. Tried it all, lime, lemon, even with cucumbers (which makes me go like Mad ).
So few days ago I switched to herbal infusions, which is not water, I know but better than nothing and I get my 3 liters in!!
Other bonus- it hopefully will help along with more hair growth. I use horsetail, nettle and raspberry leaf in rotation.
Next herbal awesomeness -Zahra's hair growth tea
http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/03/omgits-zhara.html
This womans hair is so darn luscious and thick and she drinks her tea nearly daily.
I use my crockpot to make the brew really strong, high setting for 5 hrs or low setting for 12 hrs, depending of the parts of herbs I use (leafs, root or flowers) without getting over it so far.
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th January 2011, 2:32 pm

Nyla, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!! Keep on keeping on!! Tshala, I have to look into that. I do like water, but something different and good for you is always a plus. Thanks for the link.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 5:07 pm

Nyla, do I need to come down there? Don't let her see you sweat babe! *hugs* you know stress is not a good thing! Prayers sent!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next