CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you see growth when wearing twist

+3
misskris
Niqui36
thetiffany
7 posters

Go down

do you see growth when wearing twist Empty do you see growth when wearing twist

Post by thetiffany 23rd December 2010, 11:54 am

hey gals! as some of you may know, i keep my hair twisted and very rarely wear it out. I have been doing this since june. I am starting to think my hair isnt growing Sad I was just looking at pics from the summer and my hair kinda looks the same. I can see that my twist are fuller and the ends look better but i dont see length.

could it be just hard to see lenght in twist? my hair shrinks a lot over half if its length when wet. I am trying to find some good comparison shots to upload
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

do you see growth when wearing twist Empty Re: do you see growth when wearing twist

Post by Niqui36 23rd December 2010, 12:38 pm

I can see growth when I do minitwists. Everytime I do them, I'm amazed at how much longer my hair is from the previous time. I only do them about every 2 months or so though. I do wear twistouts alot and when I do twists for those I see it too, but it's really noticeable to me with the minitwists.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

do you see growth when wearing twist Empty Re: do you see growth when wearing twist

Post by misskris 23rd December 2010, 12:52 pm

Yeah, @ Tiffany, if your hair is always wet when twisting it probably would be harder to see the length but I'm sure it's growing. Have you done any length checks? You should start now so you can know for sure. Measure your hair now and then say in a month or 2 measure again.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd December 2010, 1:10 pm

Hey Tiffany,

If you always twist your hair when its wet you will get more shrinkage which will make it look as if your hair is not growing. Have you tried twisting on damp or dry hair? You will definitely see more length if your hair is not soaking wet during styling.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 23rd December 2010, 1:11 pm

If you have a lot of shrinkage it's probably hard to see growth. The important thing is that your hair seems fuller and your ends look good. Whe I untwist my hair I fear that I'm doing more damage to the ends because they knot up so easily. I'm considering doing larger twists.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 23rd December 2010, 1:25 pm

thanks for your responses. i havent done a length check in a while, and i cant even remeber how long i measure the last time i did it.

when i first started twisting i always did so on wet hair, over the past few mnths i have been doing it on damp hair and dry hair. i guess i can see a little growth when i do them damp/dry, but once they shrink i cant tell.

i guess i will start measuring. and i probably need to get a routine as far as wet/damp/ dry twisitng so i can really be able to compare. i have so many pictures of my hair from months ago but i cant tell if the twist were done on wet or dry hair so i cant tell if its growing......
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 23rd December 2010, 1:29 pm

I see alot of growth when i do twist or braids. I realize that my grows very fast when i leave it alone in braids and twist ( Usually 2-3 weeks) I am so amaze when i take it down @ the growth. I do twist and braid wet but by the time i take it down it it dry and so fluffy.

You hair is growing u just can't see it but it is.
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 26th December 2010, 12:19 am

i have been going back to pics from the summer and my hair looks the same length. its so hard to tell, mainly because i dont wear my hair the same as i did months ago. the good thing is, i can tell that it definitely isnt shorter lol. i did do a few trims over the months, most recently in Novemember. I guess I am at least doing a good job retaining. I will start to measure, becuase i want to know for sure. maybe i will finally get around to flat ironing soon. i haven done so since may/june.

thanks again everyone for your input
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 26th December 2010, 2:46 am

I have crazy shrinkage too. sometimes it looks like my hair has gotten shorter since June. The only way I can tell its been growing is by pulling it straight. Back in June it was like 2 inches above my nipples (yea, thats how i measure my length. lol), and now its like half an inch past them. If I hadn't measured them that way I totally would think my hair isn't growing either.

I can see more length when I braid my twists, though, because it stretches them.
twists with regular shrinkage
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

braidout twists
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i love the look but i dont do them often because of the downside--just like twists done on blow dried hair, once you wet them the style is ruined. I like braids better, for the convenience/longevity.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down