CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are YOU mixing??

+21
Takeya
Madeaj
DreamMerchant
BlondeByDesire
1FlySista
naturallyme09
LadyMika
belleaenca
veebaby87
Hazelbabe
exhale1913
shortnsweet
PaganWifey
blkbeauty2010
urbancoils
kelleemudiva
ladygogohot
letha
laleepop14
krazy coils
DerbyDiva
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

what are YOU mixing?? - Page 3 Empty Re: what are YOU mixing??

Post by Nola 15th January 2011, 5:36 pm

I've been doing the following with great results!

Pre-poo
1 small Avocado
1 teaspoon apple cider vingear
2 teaspoon of melted shea butter
2 teaspoon of coconut oil
2 teaspoon of jojoba oil
2 teaspoon of honey

Blend well with a hand blender to avoid avocado bits left in the hair.

I leave this mixture on overnight. Sally's has a great plastic cap that when a blow dryer is applied over the cap for a minute it shrink wraps around the head to avoid any mess.

I then rinse out the mixture and shampoo with Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Shampoo. I then condition with the Rosemary Mint Conditioner and cover with a plastic cap while I shower. When I'm done with my showering beauty regime I then comb out my hair out with a large tooth comb while the conditioner is still in. I then rinse the conditioner out by holding my head under the shower head while combing it out my hair until all the conditioner is out. I then apply a bit of Kera Care leave- in conditioner which does have mineral oil it it but works pretty well. I comb my hair with a slightly smaller tooth comb to evenly distribute the leave-in. I then style and go!

Also, when doing a henna treatment I follow the above regime as well. The only difference is I'll rinse out the pre-poo, shampoo then I leave the henna (recipe below) on overnight. After rinsing out the henna I condition as stated above but after I rinse out the regular conditioner I follow up with Miracle 7 deep conditioner which I may or may not aplly heat for ten minutes (depending on the time I have). I'm going to introduce alma into my regime soon so I'll see how that goes.

Henna mixture
henna
lemon jucie
honey
chamomile tea

I do need help figuring out what to do style wise for my hair type. I think I must be a cross beteween 4a and 3c. My hair is very, very soft but also super "cottony" so it is super hard to eliminate the frizz! It straightens out pretty easy. I've been wearing it kind of Dominican style. Roll it, hood dyrer then either blow dyer each roller section or flatiron it. However, I've been wanting to get away from the heat so I can grow it out again. A friend of mine twisted my hair in a cornrow fashion, rolled the botton then put me under the dryer. After it was dry she separated the twist and I loved it! However, when I tried to do it myself it let's just say it didn't look the same! Someone please help me figure out a no/miminal heat way to style my hair! Thx ladies!

Nola

Back to top Go down

what are YOU mixing?? - Page 3 Empty Re: what are YOU mixing??

Post by LadyMika 21st January 2011, 11:55 am

Just made a fresh batch of shea butter:

1lb of unrefined shea butter
4 heaping tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil (for texture)
Castor oil (The Palma Christi)*
Sweet Almond oil*
10-12 drops Tea Tree oil
10-12 drops Rosemary oil
10-12 drops Lavender oil

For scent, I added Lemon and Orange essential oils, about 15 drops each. I whipped the shit out of it and I have a smooth texture as a result. I used to mix 1/2 lb at a time, but I'd run out in two weeks and have to make more. Using 1lb gives me a higher yield of product and will last me a lot longer (A month, maybe a little longer).
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3