CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 11th August 2010, 11:43 pm

CrissyQ wrote:I sleep with my satin bonnet, and just use bee mine moisture and some olive oil in the morning. I may retwist my hair every other day, this week i have been lazy. I think I am going to wash and try your style, I cannot braid but my neighbor can. Wish me luck

They are braids and I just used a little hair milk and gel. I haven't tried any bee mine products yet, but I've heard good things. Do you like them? You don't need luck-I'm sure the style will look great on you!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by CrissyQ 12th August 2010, 12:46 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:I sleep with my satin bonnet, and just use bee mine moisture and some olive oil in the morning. I may retwist my hair every other day, this week i have been lazy. I think I am going to wash and try your style, I cannot braid but my neighbor can. Wish me luck

They are braids and I just used a little hair milk and gel. I haven't tried any bee mine products yet, but I've heard good things. Do you like them? You don't need luck-I'm sure the style will look great on you!

yes i love Bee Mine. It as actually given to me by my big sister here on CN. Once I am done, I will repurchase. I did not try the style, girl my second job starts when I leave work. Motherhood.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 13th August 2010, 2:45 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:...so I put my dc mix (giovanni ___ fix, coconut & olive oils, honey and a little bit of ors replenishing condish). I wrapped my head in saran wrap then heated a wet wash cloth in the microwave. I placed that on top of the saran wrap and then covered with a plastic cap- I think ChrsLvsBks did smething like this before she got a steamer. I finally wrapped a towel around my head and left it for about 15 minutes.

Congrats on the anniversary!!! Smile I can't quite figure out how to multi-quote, so I had a work workaround-ha! I'm going to try that faux steamer method you did - LOL. Sounds like it works really well. What was your DC mix, was that Giovanni Nutrafix? Do you get that same area of the shampoo/conditioner?

freckledmom4 wrote:I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in

What is TJTTT (I know I've seen it). Where did you pick up the alma, and vatika oils and how do you do an oil rinse? Sorry for all the questions. But, I take notes!!! (literally Smile )
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th August 2010, 3:46 pm

Great hair styles!!! it will be 2 months for you soon! doesn't the time just fly by?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 13th August 2010, 4:07 pm

@ Naturalin- Hey I was just thinking about you and your hair journey. How is it going?
TJTTT is Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner.
I got the giovanni from Ulta, but I use TJTTT shampoo when I do wash.
I don't know where you live in Hampton Roads, but I got the vatika and other oils from an Indian store beside the IHOP on Jefferson in NN. The lady there said she is going to start ordering amla powder for me. They also have different kinds of henna.

I oil rinse after I cowash by putting a handful of oil in my hair, fingercomb to distribute it and then do a final rinse with cold water. Other people do it differently. I think I answered all the questions, if not let me know.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 13th August 2010, 4:09 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great hair styles!!! it will be 2 months for you soon! doesn't the time just fly by?

Thanks Lady! I can't wait to celebrate 1 year like you!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 13th August 2010, 5:34 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:@ Naturalin- Hey I was just thinking about you and your hair journey. How is it going?
TJTTT is Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner.
I got the giovanni from Ulta, but I use TJTTT shampoo when I do wash.
I don't know where you live in Hampton Roads, but I got the vatika and other oils from an Indian store beside the IHOP on Jefferson in NN. The lady there said she is going to start ordering amla powder for me. They also have different kinds of henna.

I oil rinse after I cowash by putting a handful of oil in my hair, fingercomb to distribute it and then do a final rinse with cold water. Other people do it differently. I think I answered all the questions, if not let me know.

I'm doing good. Slow and steady wins the race! I can definitely tell a difference in my hair since I did the egg protein treatment 2weeks ago and then my regular DC last week. I twisted my hair last night and the ends were definitely softer and "smoother". I'll see when I take it down in a few. I live in Chesapeake. There is a Trader Joes in Va Beach, which I'll have to visit. I might have to see if they have any Indian stores around for some oils. I loved your twists in one of your recent pics. You have a straight hand! I still can't get my parts straight in the back - LOL!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 16th August 2010, 2:04 pm

Soooo...
I've been in this 4 week solid regimen challenge since 7/26. I have 10 days to go. Here are the products I'm using:

Here are my products:
Shampoo (as needed): Trader Joe's TTT
Condish for cowashes (2-3x/week): Trader Joe's TTT
Leave in/Moisture: Giovanni Direct leave in
DC (1x/wk.): Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
Oils for prepoos, rinses and sealing: Coconut, vatika, amla, navratna, olive
Stylers (2-3x/week): ecostyler oo gel, sheamoisture coconut hibiscus mist (daily), milk, smoothie.
Butters (daily): Hydrating Hair Butter by Fluertzy

I've also been using smooth & shine curl activator gel and avg to enhance my curls. I also picked up some ORS Nature Shine Spray for shine. I henna 1-2x/month and do amla condtioning once a month.

When this challenge is over, I hope to be able to simplify the products and styling routine somewhat because between potty training, football practice (son), field hockey (daughter), and trying to keep a 6 year old entertained, I don't have a lot of time for myself-let alone doing my hair. Things will just get busier as school starts *sigh.* Right now I am cowashing and styling 2x/week. I just need to get it down to once a week.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 16th August 2010, 3:46 pm

Wow, you are a busy mom!!! But, a mom's work is never done Smile I don't think we get OUR time, until they are grown and out of the house - LOL!!! Glad to hear you are doing well. Sounds like you got your routine down pretty good. Do you find the challenges help? Which one is that one?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 17th August 2010, 10:36 am

Hey girl,

I love your story.

I've been on YT all weekend and you have been holding out on me. Smile I am going to try finger coiling. I am definitely going to do the braids in the front. If I had a flower, I would copy that, too...LOL

You are making some great progress. I will post pics when I am done with mine.

Have a great day. I am a fulltime mom, too. I home school.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 11:16 am

@MomnWife- Homeschooling-WOW! My hat goes off to you. I did that 2 years ago and everything was going great until I discovered I was pregnant with #4 so back to school they went. Every now and then, the boys will tell me that they want to be homeschooled again. I need to pray for direction, but I think I'm afraid of what His answer will be.

I didn't do finger coils-those are really shrunken twists-lol! I can only coil the back of my hair-the front is not havin' it. Can't wait to see pics of your new styles. I'll be doing wngs until I henna again because the grays are redic.

@ Naturalin-I think the challenges work well becuase being the procrastinator that I am, I need PEER PRESSURE-lol. I'm in the 4 week solid regimen challenge that is supposed to stick with certain products for 4 weeks to see how they work (or don't work) with your hair. There is an ayurvedic store in Va Beach in the shopping center across from Krispy Kreme. I haven't been there yet, but they should sell vatika and other oils.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 17th August 2010, 12:07 pm

I think you may be surprised on what his answer is. We can discuss it privately after I do my hair, but I can give you Biblical reference.

This is something that I can pray about with you.
MomnWife
MomnWife

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 2:27 pm

MomnWife wrote:I think you may be surprised on what his answer is. We can discuss it privately after I do my hair, but I can give you Biblical reference.

This is something that I can pray about with you.

I would love to hear your insight & prayer is always needed.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 4:39 pm

Wash-n-gos are so deceptive. After I wash, I'm not going anywhere for a while. First, I have to add leave-in. Then I smooth gel into small sections (shingling?). Next, finger twirling/coiling begins. After that I re-wet the front then shake to help the wavies clump. About an hour later, I'm done-sometimes out of pure frustration. The saving grace is that it lasts about 3 days.

Today I tried to wng with conditioner only (an idea I got from talking to another curlie at my 2nd home-Sam's Club). it was an "Epic Failure" (in my 13 year old's voice) so I had to go back to what's been working. I'll post pics once it dries.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 17th August 2010, 7:54 pm

I forgot to ask you if you can please share you henna process? I am really thinking about doing it.
MomnWife
MomnWife

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 17th August 2010, 7:56 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Wash-n-gos are so deceptive. After I wash, I'm not going anywhere for a while. First, I have to add leave-in. Then I smooth gel into small sections (shingling?). Next, finger twirling/coiling begins. After that I re-wet the front then shake to help the wavies clump. About an hour later, I'm done-sometimes out of pure frustration. The saving grace is that it lasts about 3 days.

Today I tried to wng with conditioner only (an idea I got from talking to another curlie at my 2nd home-Sam's Club). it was an "Epic Failure" (in my 13 year old's voice) so I had to go back to what's been working. I'll post pics once it dries.

Hmmm......When you do your WnG's do you cowash or use shampoo??
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 10:30 pm

MomnWife wrote:I forgot to ask you if you can please share you henna process? I am really thinking about doing it.

I basically use CN's recipe (henna, warm green tea, some honey). I've tried using coconut milk and although it seemed to leave my hair softer, the color was not as deep as I wanted. I try to keep the mix simple so that it doesn't interfere with the color uptake cause honey, I got a LOT of grays to cover. I put in on before I go to bed and sleep with it. I cowash it out inthe morning and dc. That's it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 10:31 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:Wash-n-gos are so deceptive. After I wash, I'm not going anywhere for a while. First, I have to add leave-in. Then I smooth gel into small sections (shingling?). Next, finger twirling/coiling begins. After that I re-wet the front then shake to help the wavies clump. About an hour later, I'm done-sometimes out of pure frustration. The saving grace is that it lasts about 3 days.

Hmmm......When you do your WnG's do you cowash or use shampoo??

I co-wash. Would shampooing make a difference? Please share.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 17th August 2010, 10:43 pm

Hmmm.... I'm not sure. I co wash as well. What if after you shingle you just shake your head instead of coiling it? Or how do you shingle? Usually while I shingle I pull my hair the way I want it styled. Wish i could be more helpful.... I got nothing....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 18th August 2010, 2:32 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Hmmm.... I'm not sure. I co wash as well. What if after you shingle you just shake your head instead of coiling it? Or how do you shingle? Usually while I shingle I pull my hair the way I want it styled. Wish i could be more helpful.... I got nothing....

That's ok. It is what it is. I usually like the way it looks, but just wish it took less time.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 19th August 2010, 10:57 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I went to Sally's yesterday and bought a denman brush, 2 jars of ecostlyer oo gel ($3.49 for the large one), gvp conditioning balm and ORS Nature Shine. The Nature Shine is how I broke the challenge, but I think it was a good purchase because I had a coupon that took off $5 so it was practically free-*happy dance*

I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in. At first I wasn't too crazy about it b/c it is so thick and I used way too much , but now I use a quarter sized drop and I love it. Here is my style:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 Rscn3510
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 Rscn3511

I used ecostlyer and smooth-n-shine gels on the back and managed to get 2nd day hair Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 678474 . Of course, I slept like a princess last night which wasn't hard with my 2 and 6 year olds and hubby in the bed-it's a wonder I got any sleep at all. I just sprayed it with the Nature Shine last night and this morning, but after an outing to the pool, I don't know if I'll make it to day 3. So what to you do to keep your styles-and get some real sleep?

These styles are SO cute!!!!!!! bounce
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th August 2010, 6:40 pm

Thanks Natty!

So after all that work, by day 2 the wng started looking filmy-I think I overdid it with the oil rinse and my ends felt kind of rough so I did a amla/shakaiki treatment. I had a tbs worth of henna left over so I threw that into the mix too. That itty bit of henna brough on the dryness so I had to dc with gvp conditioning balm for about an hour Then I did a bunch of mini flat twist in my hair. I had no intentions of wearing them out so I threw on one of those crocheted beanie thingys and took my son to football practice. I wore it again today just to give my strands some much needed rest. I kept asking my kids if the beanie looked ok b/c I am so not the trendy type, but today while we were at the store, my 6 yr old just looked at me and said, "Mom, you really look good in that black hat thing." That sealed the deal, I guess this look is a keeper. I want to post pics, but can't seem to locate my usb cable-UGH!
I plan on taking twists out tomorrow which will turn into a puff by Sunday.

While I was out shopping for school stuff for the kids, I found some YTC for $2.99 @ Ross. Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 678474 I have been stalking Ross for it since I first heard about it and my persistence paid off. I got 2 silk scarves as well. I also got some Giovanni SAS for $12.99 for a 33 oz. bottle at TJMaxx. Yeah I know, I'm not supposed to be buying anything new, but I won't use them until after the challenge is over in a few days. Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 Icon_redface Anyway, I'm straight on conditioner for a while-unless my 13 year old gets her hands on it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 21st August 2010, 9:19 am

nattyblog wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:I went to Sally's yesterday and bought a denman brush, 2 jars of ecostlyer oo gel ($3.49 for the large one), gvp conditioning balm and ORS Nature Shine. The Nature Shine is how I broke the challenge, but I think it was a good purchase because I had a coupon that took off $5 so it was practically free-*happy dance*

I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in. At first I wasn't too crazy about it b/c it is so thick and I used way too much , but now I use a quarter sized drop and I love it. Here is my style:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 Rscn3510
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 Rscn3511

I used ecostlyer and smooth-n-shine gels on the back and managed to get 2nd day hair Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 2 678474 . Of course, I slept like a princess last night which wasn't hard with my 2 and 6 year olds and hubby in the bed-it's a wonder I got any sleep at all. I just sprayed it with the Nature Shine last night and this morning, but after an outing to the pool, I don't know if I'll make it to day 3. So what to you do to keep your styles-and get some real sleep?

These styles are SO cute!!!!!!! bounce

Your hair looks nice and moisturized!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 1:06 am

hey freckles!! ur hair is looking GREAT!! i need to get on ur reggie n try usin henna twice a month cuz ur color is coming out good. im gonna keep my henna mix simple too n also add cinnamon to bring out the red some more...actually i think im gonna start adding it to my DC's as well.

i see u are very busy so protective styles would be perfect. u could twist it or coil it up for a week n wear it out on the wknds or something!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd August 2010, 1:34 am

I really like your style...you did a great job!!! That would look good the way it is in the front, and coils in the back. Just a thought

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next