CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by CrissyQ 18th February 2011, 12:23 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Oh, how could I forget to mention that my honey got a new gig! run

woot!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by SheeTacular 24th February 2011, 7:22 pm

Praise the Lord for Honey's Gig!! Check out 11zeaky on YT she went to the doctor about her balding spots and shared the information. This may give you some more insight before you go to the doctor. Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 25th February 2011, 12:10 am

Thanks Crissy & Shee. I will definitely check out the video.

Sooo, I bought into the hype and got a tangle teaser. I've had it for about 2-3 weeks now and have been using it like it's going out of style. However in the last few days if have noticed split hairs in the back and I was like how could this be???? I have been taking really good care of my hair, moisturizing, sleeping on a satin pillow case and the whole nine, but when I saw CN's post on the front page, it was like DING, DING, DING! That darn tangle teaser Sad So I guess it's back to my Denman. Detangling wasn't as easy, but I didn't have splits. I am officially putting my PJ to rest after that.

Yesterday, I tried BnB new nourishing hair mask (which I got as a free sample:) It has great ingredients: Pink Austrailian Clay, Rhassoul Clay, AV Juice, Brahmi, Jaswand, Olive oil along with some other goodies. It went on kind of like henna. I let it sit for about and hour then rinsed thoroughly. My hair was sooo soft afterwards and silky. I seemed to smooth out my hair strands. And detangling was a breeze. I will definitely be repurchasing it. I followed with GDLI for detangling, then twisted with QBAOHC mixed with DB Coiling Jelly. Finally I sealed with Oyin BS. Today my hair is soft, very defined and has a lot of movement (yeah, I'm whipping my hair) I took pics and I will post tomorrow. I want to see how it holds up over night and compare.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 3:50 am

whew...wit all that treatment i cant wait to see the pics! sounds good Smile

congrats on hubby's new gig cuz inevitably its YOUR new gig too!

i've heard nothing but great things on bnb's mask esp since knh did her review on it, i wanna try it!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd March 2011, 9:07 pm

I know it's almost a week later, but here are the pics. It took so long because I had pictures from early Dec. until now and my camera has some serious issues with my computer. Here's my twist out done with QBAOHC& Oyin BSP. I did about 20 med sized flast twists. and look ma, no headband!Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Dscn5610
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Dscn5611

I also wore this style to an interview I had to be on my church's daycare board. I was notified earlier this week that I was selected cheers ! I am so excited about what God is doing through our church and that I'm (even a wretch like me) going to be a part of it.

And I just wanted to show you all my little princesses:Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Dscn5612
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Ni-ni10

Ta-ta for now!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Empty Loving my hair today!

Post by freckledmom4 16th March 2011, 2:13 pm

Something funky happened:(
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 16th March 2011, 2:17 pm

Okay I just posted, but somehow it got lost. Here we go again.Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Rscn5712Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Rscn5713Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Rscn5611Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 9 Dscn5614

I am really loving the way my hair looks today! I just did 9n flat twists back at an angle an pulled them apart. Even though it was done on wet hair, it looks like I am getting some hang time dance ! I am going to retwist on dry hair tonight. Hope it gets bigger tomorrow!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th March 2011, 3:42 pm

Look at you ma'am....you are doing it over it!! Looking good FM4; Looking good!!! dance
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th March 2011, 7:11 pm

I saw your avi and came running! You look absolutely beautiful! You did a great job! Your girls are beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th March 2011, 8:14 pm

Very cute!! Love the shape of your hair!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 16th March 2011, 9:30 pm

Your hair rocks!!
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2011, 2:55 am

Your avi is pretty. Perfect twistout.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th March 2011, 11:58 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Look at you ma'am....you are doing it over it!! Looking good FM4; Looking good!!! dance

sweetdrk1 wrote:I saw your avi and came running! You look absolutely beautiful! You did a great job! Your girls are beautiful!

Lynnieluve wrote:Very cute!! Love the shape of your hair!

MomnWife wrote:Your hair rocks!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Your avi is pretty. Perfect twistout.

Thanks so much ladies. Your support really means a lot! I did retwist by finger detangling and using a little DB Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk (absolutely LOVE this stuff & so sad that I am out Crying or Very sad ), but my hair pretty much looked the same, but I'm okay with that. Now the frizz is starting to take over and I need a trim so I'm gonna wash, dc and trim today then twist for church tomorrow. My ends don't look bad, but they feel rough and this is the longest I've gone w/o putting scissors to my head. I am just now getting to 6 inches of length, and hate to loose that, but I am gonna be a big girl and do what's best. I'll post length pics after the trim. Let me go make my rounds and see what you all have been doing! Later!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th March 2011, 6:34 pm

I agree with everyone - perfecto! You girls are gorgeous as well.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 19th March 2011, 6:37 pm

Looking good! I love it!
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 19th March 2011, 8:29 pm

Freckledmom, you have insanely gorgeous twists. Oh and thanks for showing the hairstyle at different angles. Sometimes I view people's beautiful pics/profiles and only see one angle of the style, so I have no idea how it was completely styled.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st March 2011, 5:05 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I agree with everyone - perfecto! You girls are gorgeous as well.

Thanks BBD!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st March 2011, 5:20 pm

yldthng wrote:Looking good! I love it!

Awww thanks!

Fleur wrote:Freckledmom, you have insanely gorgeous twists. Oh and thanks for showing the hairstyle at different angles. Sometimes I view people's beautiful pics/profiles and only see one angle of the style, so I have no idea how it was completely styled.

Thanks Fluer! I feel like I take about 50 just to come up with 2 or 3 that I like-lol!

So I did trim my hair. I cut off about 1/4-1/2 inch all over. In some areas I need to trim more because I can still feel a lot of stinkin' ssks:( but I don't want my hair to bee too uneven. And I getting frustrated because it seems like everytime I get close to 6 inches, I have breakage or my ends start feeling raggedy. After I trimmed in about 12 sections, I applied DB Conditoning Mask and let on for about an hour. I rinsed and used just a little QBAOHC and coconut oil to twist because it was already midnight and I was hoping that it would dry by the morning. Well it was almost dry, but a frizzy mess so I had to figure out how to make it presentable before church so I put to large flat twists in the front and let the back in a puff-sorry no pics but it's basically the same and the style from a few posts ago.

I'm out of my Darcy's Peach ya-da ya-da milk so I was wondering if I should reorder or give in to my pj and try Oyin Hair Dew.... decisions, decisions. What do you ladies think?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 22nd March 2011, 10:58 pm

FreckledMom4 and I am so loving that beautiful hair! Looking good!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd March 2011, 2:38 pm

Whew! Just caught up on your thread! Lots going on! Congrats on getting the daycare board at your church! cheers Happy for you!

Your hair is looking lovely. You've had lots of growth-yes? What is the Oyin product you're using? BS? I was trying to make it out in my head and I probably read it but can't recall. It seems to work great!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 24th March 2011, 3:22 pm

carfi366 wrote:FreckledMom4 and I am so loving that beautiful hair! Looking good!

Thank you sooo much!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Whew! Just caught up on your thread! Lots going on! Congrats on getting the daycare board at your church! cheers Happy for you!

Your hair is looking lovely. You've had lots of growth-yes? What is the Oyin product you're using? BS? I was trying to make it out in my head and I probably read it but can't recall. It seems to work great!

Thanks Lynn! Sometimes I think it's growing a lot, the trouble is retaining it- once I figure that out, I'll be doin' sumthin. Yes, I am using the BSP by Oyin and I love it. I tried the Shine & Define, but it was just so-so. I want to try the Hair Dew and they're supposed to be having a sale soon so we'll see, but if not, I'll be re-upping on my Darcy's because my hair loves it.

My hair is in twists now to give us both a much needed rest Sleep . I actually like the way they look now that my hair is longer. The only thing is they take so long to do, but they don't last long in my hair. I look like a fuzz ball after 3 days no matter what product I use to twist. Mad

Anyhoo, I was looking on some other blog (can't remember which one) and I saw a post about a natural hair event coming to Norfolk-YES! I am so excited! dance I always look at the pics for other events in bigger cities and wish that I could attend. I even considered going to B-more for the even this weekend (big side eye from hubby), but in a few short weeks, I can meet up with some curlies from my neck of the woods. I'm going to try to get some of the naturals from my church to go with me, but if not, me and my big princess are in there! Here's the info if you are interested: http://embracingyourbeauty.wordpress.com/
Bye for now! Gotta get little princess down for a nap.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9