CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 7th December 2010, 8:16 pm

@ Shee, yes, I've been by your house and that wng is too cute.

As for me and my hair...
I'm still rocking a twist out puff, but my ends are starting to get dry so I know it is time to co-wash and condition. I was really hoping that some of my Black Friday purchases would have come in by now* arms folded, foot tapping* So that I could dc with the DB Mask. If it doesn't come by tomorrow, I'm going to have to wash anyway.

I have reached a new level of appreciation with my hair lately. With this new length, I have a few more styling options, but more importantly I can see the potetial of what my hair will become so I am going to put my scissors away until Feb (except to use for s & ds on ssks) in an effort to retain some length. I also want to try to keep my ends moisturized and tied up at night to help with the ssk problem.

I think I'm going to try a flat twist style so let me go yting to see what I come up with. Later ladies.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by CocoEuro 11th December 2010, 9:57 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:So here are the pics 3 days later...
2 day old twist out
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Dscn4810
Me & hubby getting ready to go
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Rscn4510
My puff for the wedding
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Rscn4512

It was a very busy weekend. My 10 year old had a birthday party at the skateboard park. I think I grew a couple of new gray hairs worrying about whether I was going to have to explain to somebody's mama how they broke their neck. Thank God, everyone had fun and was safe.

As far as hair goes, I have not washed or wet my hair in a whole week! I think that using products without shea butter has helped keep my hair from feeling sticky & heavy and kept me from having to wash again. The DB/Oyin collabo has kept my hair soft, shiny, fluffy and moisturized. And the pj bug bit again-I ordered & received the sample of Qhemet's Amla and Olive heavy cream which I will be trying in the next few days. I hope you all had a great weekend and are off to a great start for your week.

Your hair looks so cute!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th December 2010, 12:46 am

Thanks Coco! How is your challenge going?

My Updates:

It's been over a month since I last did a full strength henna and I'm experiencing a lot of shedding and breakage so hopefully I'll have time to henna on Friday, but nlt Monday.

I finally received my DB order and let me tell you, that mask is the truth! I didn't want to believe the hype, but I'm a believer ( singing in my Beatles voice). I prepooed with Navratna oil and a couple of conditioners that I'm trying to use up. Then shampooed with diluted TJTTT. Then I conditioned with Darcy's Mask for about 45 minutes with a foil cap and no heat. I rinsed with cold water (hated that part) and my hair was very soft and easy to comb through and when I took down the twist the curls were soft and defined. I probably could have skipped the LI but I used the Peach Kernel Milk followed by the new curl cream gel. I was so tempted to wng, but since we had snow today. I twisted my hair in about 20-25 twists. It's half way dry now and super soft. I'm not sure what kind of hold I'll get, but I will take pics when I unravel in the morning. I think Darcy's is a winner. I have loved everything I have tried so far.

freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 15th December 2010, 9:02 am

Your welcome!! Challenge is going good, I am retaining length!! Yippee!! I should be doing an update next month!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st December 2010, 12:03 pm

Hi FM4, hows it going. I have not seen you around in a while. Hope all is well.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 23rd December 2010, 7:43 pm

Hi Crissy, thanks for stopping by to check on me. Things have been pretty hectic around here. I hope you & the kids have a very Merry Christmas!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 23rd December 2010, 9:00 pm

Hi freckled...Just wanted to say hi..and Happy Anniversary...Great job homie flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 18th January 2011, 7:19 pm

hey how are you?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th January 2011, 8:27 pm

knock knock! Anyone here??
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 11:11 pm

Hey FM4! Where have you been ?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th January 2011, 2:42 am

Hey FM4...

Hope all is well!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 12:24 pm

Hi Ladies,
I know it has been a while since I've been on CN. I've missed you guys! The short version of why I've been MIA is that my husband lost his job in December. I can't be sitting in the office looking at hair sites while he's dilligently searching for a job-that wouldn't go over well. So out of respect for him, my visits to CN will be very sporadic. Today he's in NJ on an interview so I'll try to play catch up.

As for what's been going on with my hair...
I think I've finally settled into a regimen of sorts that works for the
winter so far. I pre-poo (maka or vatika oil) overnight on Sunday. Wash (TJTTT shampoo/condish)and DC (Darcy's or homemade) on Mondays and twist with QBAOHC followed by Oyin BSP (sometimes I add a little eco for hold). I wet the twists on Thursday evening and set the unraveled ends on flexi rods and wear a twist out on Fri., Sat. & Sun. Every other week I do a henna or amla treatment. I made a dc mix that I love and its super cheap too! I use a jar of baby banana food, a small container of yogurt, evoo, honey and a tbsp of amla powder. I love how it softens and smooths my hair.

For NYE I henna'ed and flat ironed my hair. I won't be doing that again. Although I didn't get any heat damage, the heat made my hair really dark-almost like a wine color. I like it but I don't want my hair to get any darker. Here's a pic of the finished product:Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Dscn5410 I think it makes me look older Shocked -lol.

I also trimmed my hair. I had so many ssks it was redic! My hair is now about 5 inches long, so I retained about 2 1/2 inches in my first 6 months-I'll take it.

Well let me make my rounds to see whats been going on lately? I hope everyone has had a great start to their new year! Later!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th January 2011, 12:54 pm

Hey FM4! Sorry to hear about your husband's job loss. I know that can be difficult but I hope and pray he finds something very soon.

I'm gonna try your dc. I need to experiment with dcs more often! Your hair looks good straight. You are beautiful either way, but I agree- you look more youthful with it curly. Glad you came by and caught us up!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th January 2011, 1:36 pm

Hi honey. Sorry to hear about your husbands job. We well i missed your postings around here. Your hair looks great straight! i am going to wait until march (1 year natural) to straighten mines. I am nervous Shocked . Glad you did not have ny heat damange.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 2:08 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey FM4! Sorry to hear about your husband's job loss. I know that can be difficult but I hope and pray he finds something very soon.

I'm gonna try your dc. I need to experiment with dcs more often! Your hair looks good straight. You are beautiful either way, but I agree- you look more youthful with it curly. Glad you came by and caught us up!

CrissyQ wrote:Hi honey. Sorry to hear about your husbands job. We well i missed your postings around here. Your hair looks great straight! i am going to wait until march (1 year natural) to straighten mines. I am nervous Shocked . Glad you did not have ny heat damange.

Thanks Ladies! Let me know how you like the recipe PS. As for the job, it was just time. The LORD will provide.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 20th January 2011, 11:11 pm

Hi Freckle

Just stopping by to say hi.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th January 2011, 11:34 pm

Hi FM4

Sorry to here about your husband losing his job, but do know that God is in control. You take care of home first...we'll be right here!!

Love you DC mixture. I think I might try that since I don't have my Darcy's (just been lazy and haven't gone online to order it) So I was wondering what I was going to use so thanks for sharing!!

Straight hair is looking good on you!!! So you can do either or...I on the other had will straighten for my 2 year anniversary. I wonder how much length I will have retained by then!!! LOL

Blessings to you and your family!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st January 2011, 4:11 am

hey freckles, sorry bout hubby!

u are definitely keep up wit those henna's, ur such an expert now, lol. u did a good job on the flat iron and i just love the touch of freckles that surround ur face. its so adorable!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 21st January 2011, 4:55 am

Sorry to hear about your husband's job loss!!! I pray that something good and better will come his way soon!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th January 2011, 4:15 pm

Thanks so much ladies for all the compliments and we definitely appreciate you prayers!

There is not much new in the way of hair. I have not washed/cowashed since last Monday and my hair is fine, but my scalp is not having it! I am trying to hold out on washing until I have time to henna. I am down to my reserve henna so I will be trying Karishma Henna for the first time. I plan on doing my regular recipe and hoping for the best *fingers crossed*!

I can't believe that in a few days it will have been 7 months since I big chopped. I was just looking at my pictures and seeing how much my hair has changes and grown. I have also learned a lot more about caring for MY hair. I am doing a lot of things differently than in my first few months. I am finding that taking care of my hair is more about trial and error than anything else and that at the end of the day EVERYthing is subject to change.

I just wanted to stop by and posts a few pics that I have taken lately of a few styles I've tried.

My favorite twist out puff styled with QBAOHC & Oyin BSP:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Fav_to10

Two big flat twist in the front & old twist out in back (same products with a little eco on the hair line):Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Dscn5510
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th January 2011, 4:22 pm

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Dscn5511

The back got messed up so I changed it to this (two big flat twists):
I am so excited that I have enough hair to do this! It is an easy protective style and it reminds me of how my mom used to do my hair back in the day.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 8 Dscn5512

Last edited by freckledmom4 on 26th January 2011, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more info)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th January 2011, 5:48 pm

Your hair is gaw geous! I love the big flat twist! Glad to see you stopping in. You know if I have not heard from you I come knockin at your door. 7 months already, wow. well before you know it you will be celerating one year.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 18th February 2011, 12:41 am

Hi Ladies,
It has been a while since I've shared about my hair journey and unfortunately, I don't have a lot of good news. I noticed that my hair was shedding a lot during January and by the end of the month, I noticed that it was thinning all over and I have a few spots that are almost bald. So after I dried my tears, I sat down and thought about what could have caused all of this and I am sure is was mostly stress along with some other genetic factors. I had to be honest and evaluate my diet (which had been pretty crappy), exercise (non-existent) and my stress level was through the roof. Basically, garbage in=garbage out.

As a result I have been eating better, drinking more water and less coffee, and exercising (Just Dance for wii, but hey, it's a start). I have also been spending more time in prayer and in the Word (my version of therapy). I've also started doing tea rinses and I have seen some improvement in the shedding. The good thing is my hair still looks full and full of life (Thank God for frizz:) My sister has a bald spot in the exact same area and she was getting cortizone shots to combat the hair loss. Hopefully, I won't have to go that route, but I am going to go to the dermatologist to see what he thinks. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 18th February 2011, 12:42 am

CrissyQ wrote:Your hair is gaw geous! I love the big flat twist! Glad to see you stopping in. You know if I have not heard from you I come knockin at your door. 7 months already, wow. well before you know it you will be celerating one year.

Awww thanks Embarassed Very Happy
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 18th February 2011, 12:44 am

Oh, how could I forget to mention that my honey got a new gig! run
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next