CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StephanieB

+11
Juices-n-Berries
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
CocaColaCutie
adiaha
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
StephanieB
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

StephanieB - Page 4 Empty Re: StephanieB

Post by StephanieB 16th February 2010, 1:11 pm

I'm going to deep condition my hair during Lost (LOVE this show) tonight and I'm going to do the small twists tomorrow.

Nothing really special with my hair today. I just did another chunky twistout. I didn't wear a headband today and I noticed that I could feel my hair on my neck again. I haven't experienced that in a while. My hair used to be bigger than it is now, but due to an unfortunate misunderstanding with my hairstylist, she cut all of my hair off (another reason I learned to trim my own hair...lol). It was almost like doing the big chop again. I'll post pictures of that when I get home from work.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th February 2010, 5:38 pm

That's exactly why I'm not trying to go to a hair stylist any time soon ... lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th February 2010, 6:21 pm

Sorry for your hair loss. At least you have fresh ends!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th February 2010, 7:30 pm

Your hair did turn out really cute!! It looks so soft!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 16th February 2010, 8:15 pm

bholmes87 wrote:That's exactly why I'm not trying to go to a hair stylist any time soon ... lol

I don't blame you! If I should happen to meet another natural who can give me a good referral, then I will consider going to a stylist again.

CocaColaCutie wrote:Sorry for your hair loss. At least you have fresh ends!

Thanks, but it was back in April 2009 when she cut off my hair and it's thankfully growing back. I'll post the pics from that when I get home. Smile

Lynnieluve wrote:Your hair did turn out really cute!! It looks so soft!

Thanks Lynnie! I've noticed that my hair has been pretty soft lately. It has to be b/c I'm taking better care of it by consistently deep conditioning and cowashing. I'm proud of myself for sticking to my regimen. *pats self on back* Smile

I just have to get my scalp under control now. It's been dry lately. I've been oiling it every other day with olive oil. Is that a good product to oil your scalp with?

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th February 2010, 9:27 pm

I've only tried coconut oil, jojoba oil, which are both light and now a castor oil mix (castor oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and peppermint and tea tree oil) on my scalp.

During the winter months, I've found the coconut and jojoba to be to light. So far so good with the castor oil mix.....this is week 3 of my using it. I am using it every other day now.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 16th February 2010, 10:53 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I've only tried coconut oil, jojoba oil, which are both light and now a castor oil mix (castor oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and peppermint and tea tree oil) on my scalp.

During the winter months, I've found the coconut and jojoba to be to light. So far so good with the castor oil mix.....this is week 3 of my using it. I am using it every other day now.

I'm going to have to get me some castor oil and try that b/c this dry winter air is not being nice to my scalp. StephanieB - Page 4 Kopfschuettel

Here is my hair in June 2007. It's a pic of my mother and me. She passed away suddenly in April 2008 and I was devastated. I'm just now starting to feel like myself again after being depressed. This was the last time I saw her alive b/c she lived in Mississippi still. Anyway, I'm posting this pic so you can see my hair. It was actually bigger than that when the unfortunate incident with my stylist happened...
About the unfortunate accident....I told the stylist that I was letting my hair grow and I wanted a trim and I told her to cut as little as possible. While in the chair, I saw these big clumps of hair falling to the floor and I asked, "what are you doing"...she said, "I thought you wanted your hair as little as possible" StephanieB - Page 4 Kopfschuettel I just asked her to not cut any more and to just even it out.The unfortunate incident with my hair happened in April 2009. Here are the pictures I took after I finished crying. lol

I'm getting close to where I was in that pic back in June 2007. I've just started to develop a good regimen though. Before, I was using products that I shouldn't have, but I've cleaned up my act now and I expect to see more growth now. This is me now:

Last edited by StephanieB on 22nd February 2010, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th February 2010, 12:18 am

I would have been crying too!!! OMG!!!! She cut a lot of hair!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 17th February 2010, 8:00 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I would have been crying too!!! OMG!!!! She cut a lot of hair!!!!

I know! Traumatic!

I deep conditioned last night with HE HH and olive oil and I washed about 80% of it out. I plopped before bed and added some cantu shea butter to my hair. I did my twists small today. It took me 5 1/2 hours. Is that a normal time length for twists this size or am I just slow? StephanieB - Page 4 Confused

I think these are my best twists yet. I think these shall be worn in public. My twist really hang well and they've got movement I'm pleased with them and that's saying a lot for me b/c I'm super critical of myself.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE GRANNY GLASSES. THEY'RE MY SPARE PAIR. StephanieB - Page 4 Lol

Last edited by StephanieB on 22nd February 2010, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th February 2010, 8:13 pm

Yeah those twists should definitely be worn in public!! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 18th February 2010, 8:26 am

bholmes87 wrote:Yeah those twists should definitely be worn in public!! StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_smile

And wear them I shall! StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_biggrin I must admit though that I had a moment this morning when I almost took them out for a twist out. I worry too much about what people think. I like the way my twists look so I'm going to wear them to work today. Also, it took me 5 hours to do them and my time is valuable. lol

I feel like I'm coming down with something. I really hope I can stave it off b/c I hate having to call off work. I feel guilty the entire day when I have to stay home from work. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_sad

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 10:10 am

Those twist are cute and you should wear them in public for several days, in my opinion. When I do my twist small, it takes me about 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours to do them. But keep in mind, I have about 6 months of practice under my belt. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_smile
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 18th February 2010, 10:59 am

I'm at work right now and I'm twisted and I plan on wearing them until they start looking a mess. I want to keep them until at least Sunday, a twist out Monday and Tuesday, and then rewtwist on Wednesday. I'm hoping that I get faster at doing my twists b/c 5 hours is CRAZY!

I think I mentioned before that my sister was natural for about 4 years and then she got bored and permed her hair. She mentioned the other day that she was thinking about going natural again. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and I asked her if she'd made a decision. I reminded her how versatile natural hair is and I think she may end up going natural again. I certainly hope so...her hair was beautiful when it was natural.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th February 2010, 11:02 am

Those twists look good to me. I don't see myself having the patience to do them though. Although i might change my mind once I BC.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 18th February 2010, 12:22 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Those twists look good to me. I don't see myself having the patience to do them though. Although i might change my mind once I BC.

Thanks Blonde! StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_biggrin I didn't think I would have the patience for twists either, but I really wanted a hairstyle that I wouldn't have to comb everyday. I just hope that I get faster at twisting b/c I don't like that it takes me so long.

It's official. I'm sick. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_sad I wasn't at work very long in order for me to see that I'm practically useless today. I'm also very nauseated. However, I was only there a short time and I got lots of compliments on my twists today. A lady that I see a lot but don't really know said, "I LOVE your hair like that." I had decided that I didn't care whether or not I got compliments b/c I like my hair, but I sure love getting them! lol

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th February 2010, 1:26 pm

StephanieB wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:Those twists look good to me. I don't see myself having the patience to do them though. Although i might change my mind once I BC.

Thanks Blonde! StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_biggrin I didn't think I would have the patience for twists either, but I really wanted a hairstyle that I wouldn't have to comb everyday. I just hope that I get faster at twisting b/c I don't like that it takes me so long.

It's official. I'm sick. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_sad I wasn't at work very long in order for me to see that I'm practically useless today. I'm also very nauseated. However, I was only there a short time and I got lots of compliments on my twists today. A lady that I see a lot but don't really know said, "I LOVE your hair like that." I had decided that I didn't care whether or not I got compliments b/c I like my hair, but I sure love getting them! lol

I'm sorry you're under the weather, but glad that you like your hair!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 2:10 pm

StephanieB wrote:

Hmmmm........ StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_wink
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 2:15 pm

Sorry you are ill! But I am ooo so happy you like your hair! Feel better sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 18th February 2010, 7:18 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:
StephanieB wrote:

I'm sorry you're under the weather, but glad that you like your hair!

Thanks CCC. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_smile

Lynnieluve wrote:
StephanieB wrote:

Hmmmm........ StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_wink

LOL I think that I'm actually sick though....I think....lol

sweetdrk1 wrote:Sorry you are ill! But I am ooo so happy you like your hair! Feel better sis!

Thanks! I'm just so happy that I'm at the point now where I feel comfortable wearing hairstyles out that will last me a few days. I don't have to comb my hair so often now and I'm hoping to see more growth as a result. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_bounce

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 19th February 2010, 8:42 am

The twists are still looking good today. I retwisted two of them b/c they were sticking up and I pinned back the sides. I think it looks really cute.

I feel a little better today. I'm going to work though b/c I have a meeting. I'm just hoping I can make it through the entire day this time.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th February 2010, 8:46 am

bholmes87 wrote:That's exactly why I'm not trying to go to a hair stylist any time soon ... lol

Ditto Ladies...I would be soo upset. I had enough of that during my relaxed days!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th February 2010, 8:52 am

StephanieB wrote:The twists are still looking good today. I retwisted two of them b/c they were sticking up and I pinned back the sides. I think it looks really cute.

I feel a little better today. I'm going to work though b/c I have a meeting. I'm just hoping I can make it through the entire day this time.

You did a good job on your twists, and I think if my twists came out like that I would consider wearing my twists to work. I bet it does look nice with the sides pulled back.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well...I hope it just a virus, or is it? Laughing
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 19th February 2010, 10:51 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
StephanieB wrote:The twists are still looking good today. I retwisted two of them b/c they were sticking up and I pinned back the sides. I think it looks really cute.

You did a good job on your twists, and I think if my twists came out like that I would consider wearing my twists to work. I bet it does look nice with the sides pulled back.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well...I hope it just a virus, or is it? StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_lol

Thanks KNH. I'll try and post pictures after work today. I pretty sure I'm just sick. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_lol

I'm congested today, but I think I'll be fine. I have my hot tea and honey and I think it will get me through the day. I was determined to get here today b/c I'm applying for a different position within my company and I have a meeting with someone today who's going to help me prepare for the interview process. The place I work is pretty competitive when it comes to applying for jobs and I want to be ready! I applied for another job within this company a while ago and they interviewed me FOUR TIMES! It came down to me and someone else. They couldn't decide who they liked best, so they ended up going with the more tenured person. I get the reasoning, but it was pretty stressful going through four interviews like that. Long story short, I HAVE to go to this meeting b/c I want this job BAAAAAD! Sorry for rambling. StephanieB - Page 4 Icon_lol

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th February 2010, 11:08 am

Well I hope you get the job and feel better soon!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th February 2010, 12:57 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Well I hope you get the job and feel better soon!

Me too!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum