CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StephanieB

+11
Juices-n-Berries
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
CocaColaCutie
adiaha
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
StephanieB
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

StephanieB - Page 2 Empty Re: StephanieB

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th February 2010, 2:22 pm

Girl, those twists look just fine! Don't worry. Be happy! What a Face
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 4th February 2010, 8:20 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Girl, those twists look just fine! Don't worry. Be happy! StephanieB - Page 2 Fresse

Thank you! I'm starting to realize that I'm being too critical of myself. I showed a good friend/co-worker a picture of my twists and she's been begging me to wear my hair like that b/c she liked it so much.

I had an interesting conversation with a co-worker today. She's natural, but she always wears her hair flat-ironed. She asked me SO many questions about my twist out and how I got my hair to look like this. I told her the process and then she then said, "I don't think my hair can do that" and I told her that it could and I encouraged her to give it a try. She says she's going to go home and try it. I'm hoping I see her come in sometime soon with a new look. I'm usually the one asking for help with my hair so it felt good to get to help someone else for a change. StephanieB - Page 2 Icon_sunny

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 5th February 2010, 9:13 pm

I only had to go to work for 3 hours today and I wore my twistout for the second day. When I got home, I kept messing with my hair until it got really frizzy. So, when I had some errands to run, I dampened my hair with my spray bottle and just wore my fro out. I hadn't done that in a while, so it was good to see how much my hair has grown.

Last edited by StephanieB on 22nd February 2010, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th February 2010, 9:44 pm

Loving the fro!! StephanieB - Page 2 Icon_rr
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 6th February 2010, 11:01 am

Thanks Lynnie!

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 6th February 2010, 3:55 pm

I cleaned out my purse today and I had a bunch of change at the bottom. I cashed in the coins today and I had $21 in change at the bottom of my purse! How embarrassing! StephanieB - Page 2 Icon_pale I went to Target with my $21 along with a $10 gift card I was given earlier this week and I spent it on hair products. lol I just bought some conditioner, various hair clips and headbands, and I got a small container of Eco Styling gel from CVS to try. I bought all of the hair clips and stuff b/c I plan on experimenting with hairstyles.

Anyway, I plan on cowashing tonight and twisting my hair tomorrow after church. I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 6th February 2010, 4:03 pm

$21 in change?!? wow. your purse must have been heavy! lol. what kind of conditioner did you get? i can't wait to see the new styles and accessories!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 6th February 2010, 4:07 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:$21 in change?!? wow. your purse must have been heavy! lol. what kind of conditioner did you get? i can't wait to see the new styles and accessories!

My purse was VERY heavy. That's why I was cleaning it out. I thought I had a lot of junk in it, but it was actually the change. I had very few items to actually throw away. My purse feels almost empty now. lol

I just got a big bottle of the Hello Hydration conditioner and I got some VO5 to try from the grocery store to try for cowashes as well. I bought the VO5 on a whim b/c it was on sale for .79. I started to try the Giovanni Triple Tea Tree Conditioner. I think that what it was called, but I didn't get it. I may go back and get it anyway though. We'll see.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 6th February 2010, 4:26 pm

.79 is a good price for V05. I haven't experimented with Hello Hydration since my permie days. Everyone raves about it though, making me want to give it another go round.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th February 2010, 11:34 pm

I somehow missed the twistout!! BEAUTIFUL!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 7th February 2010, 10:41 am

Thanks Sweet!

I went ahead and twisted my hair last night instead of waiting until after church. I actually like these twists and I'm going to wear my hair twisted to church today! I'm going out in public with my hair twisted! I can hardly believe it myself! lol I'll post pictures later today.

Before I twisted my hair last night, I cowashed with the VO5 I purchased and I mixed some EVOO in with it and then I used some Hello Hydration and left a little of it in. My hair is not as soft as it usually is. The VO5 was the new thing so I think it's the culprit. Oh well...it was only .79. Cheap lesson learned.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2010, 11:28 am

That fro perfect!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 7th February 2010, 1:42 pm

Thanks Sweet!

Okay, here are the pictures of the twists I did last night. I did them really small. It took me 5 hours.

StephanieB - Page 2 Twists14

Lynnie, as promised, I tried the headband for my twists. I tried to place it similar to yours, but it didn't work out to my liking. I'll play with the placement some more though before I give up. Here are a couple of pics with the Goody headband:

StephanieB - Page 2 Twists15

StephanieB - Page 2 Twists16

StephanieB - Page 2 Twists17

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 7th February 2010, 3:12 pm

I love that fro and those twists are looking good.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th February 2010, 3:33 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I love that fro and those twists are looking good.

ditto
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 7th February 2010, 4:23 pm

Thanks Ladies!

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th February 2010, 7:01 pm

StephanieB wrote:Thanks Sweet!

I went ahead and twisted my hair last night instead of waiting until after church. I actually like these twists and I'm going to wear my hair twisted to church today! I'm going out in public with my hair twisted! I can hardly believe it myself! lol I'll post pictures later today.

Before I twisted my hair last night, I cowashed with the VO5 I purchased and I mixed some EVOO in with it and then I used some Hello Hydration and left a little of it in. My hair is not as soft as it usually is. The VO5 was the new thing so I think it's the culprit. Oh well...it was only .79. Cheap lesson learned.

StephanieB - Page 2 678474 for wearing your twist outside of the house!!! Did you get any complients? Did you wear a headband?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 7th February 2010, 9:33 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
StephanieB wrote:Thanks Sweet!

StephanieB - Page 2 678474 for wearing your twist outside of the house!!! Did you get any complients? Did you wear a headband?

LOL I didn't wear the headband. I didn't get any compliments either, but I didn't really expect any b/c I didn't go to my normal church. I didn't know anyone there...but nobody was looking at me funny either. So, I consider that a good thing! lol

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2010, 10:00 pm

great job with the twist
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th February 2010, 12:39 am

Your fro is perfectly round--looks awesome. Your twists look really good. I hope they last a while.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 8th February 2010, 12:15 pm

Thanks Sweet and Chrs!

A co-worker complimented me on my hair and said, "Oh wow, I like that. It really looks nice. I think this is good b/c your hair was getting kind of...." at this point, she used her hands to indicate big. I told her, "Oh, just you wait...once my hair grows more I'm going to unleash the fro. People won't want to sit behind me in the movie theater." Big hair...bad? I don't think so! lol

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th February 2010, 3:12 pm

StephanieB - Page 2 617583 for compliments!! I cant wait until I can block views at the movies. LOL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 9th February 2010, 9:45 am

Lynnie, we'll be blocking views in no time! LOL

I'm wearing a twistout today. I went ahead and took the twists out since I HAVE to deep condition tonight or else I won't have time to do it. I'm going to twist it again tomorrow and I hope to leave these twists in longer and then do a few days of a twist out.

Also, another natural lady started asking me questions about my hair at work the other day. I didn't know it, but she's been natural since June. I didn't know she was natural b/c she wears wigs all the time. She says that she doesn't know what to do with her hair and I was able to offer some tips. Us naturals have got to stick together! lol StephanieB - Page 2 Icon_rr

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th February 2010, 9:51 am

You know you have to show us some pictures ... right?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 9th February 2010, 10:34 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:You know you have to show us some pictures ... right?

Yes ma'am! I'll post pics after work today. StephanieB - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I have a question. When you guys deep condition, do you do it on wet or dry hair? Does it matter? I usually wet my hair first.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum