CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My hair hates me

5 posters

Go down

My hair hates me Empty My hair hates me

Post by iculukin 27th December 2010, 10:22 pm

I cant tolerate my hair any longer, its like one minute the products my hair use to love she now hates.... At times I love styling my hair in PS sometimes I cant wait to change the style! Then them comes wash day affraid I hate washing and the whole up keep is driving me CRAZY!! I cant keep up with a routine cause Im always trying something new its like im constantly looking for that white whale...study.. and lately my hair is dry and when I give her water she dogs it and its dry all over again(i cant figure out why i am not retaining moisture scratch )... my hair hates me and I her Mad !!! At this point I would love to BC... dagnabit if it wasnt winter time I would BC and turn my shoulder length hair into that Hallie Berry cut in Die Another day!!! At this point I dont know what to do If I dont slap some yarn braids in and call it a day... my hair isnt gonna last the whole winter!!!

Last edited by iculukin on 27th December 2010, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

My hair hates me Empty Re: My hair hates me

Post by freckledmom4 27th December 2010, 10:41 pm

Judging by your profile pic, your hair is beautiful, but I think we all go through this love/hate thing with our hair-I know I do. On days that I am hating my hair, I just chalk it up as a bad hair day and keep moving. As for doing anything like cutting, you should look at all the pros/cons of the new hair cut and wait a while before you cut. If you still feel strongly about wanting short hair in a couple of weeks-go for it. As for products, when my hair gets "used to" one thing, I try to use something different for a couple of weeks then go back to the old product.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 27th December 2010, 10:48 pm

get a protective style , stick to 1 line or one type of product during the whole month or 2 months that you keep your protective style in and i bet you your hair and you will fall in love again lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th December 2010, 11:35 pm

yeah i agree..maybe u should get a protective style and then decide what to do w/ ur hair b/c u don't want to do nothing while ur angry or mad about it and u end up regretting it later lol...good luck~

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 27th December 2010, 11:45 pm

@ Frecklemom my profile pic is weave... is curly twist but thanks for the comp just the same!

Next step is to find a long lasting PS!!!

I really cant wait to fall back on love with my hair!!!
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 28th December 2010, 1:36 am

Your troubles could be due to several different issues:

First, it could be due to the cold. Products respond differently depending on the weather. It is recommended that products with glycerin should be shelved.
Next, your hair may need a good cleaning. If you have been using products that are not water soluble, you might want to consider a clarifying shampoo or a bentonite treatment.
Your hair may be highly porus. To find out if this is the issue, do a strand test. If the strand of hair feels rough when you run your fingers up and down the strand, you may need a protien treatment or a henna treatment.
Finally, you have to make sure you are moisturizing in the right order. If you are putting oil on your hair before conditioner, the oil will coat the hair and prevent the conditioner from doing its job.

I got all of this information from moptopmaven's blogspot. She does a good job with helping you figure out the problem and how to correct it. Knowing what the problem is also cuts down on buying products blindly...

Good Luck...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2010, 3:04 am

IB hit it on the headM I was going to suggest an ACV rinse..good luck!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down