CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My hair hates HEAT!!

+2
Fleur
naturalblkbeauty10
6 posters

Go down

My hair hates HEAT!! Empty My hair hates HEAT!!

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 9th October 2010, 12:00 am

So, tonight I was watching Iron Man 2 (great movie btw) and I decided I wanted to flat iron my hair to see how it looks. I'm coming close to 5 months natural. I'm watching the movie and flat ironing my hair, I set the heat on 13 on a 1-25 scale. I'm gliding and touching my hair, thinking it feels smooth and I know it gonna be cute. So, I'm 75% done and I wanted to see what it looks like so far. I went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror. I was thinking affraid and I said oh no. My hair looked dried and fried. Mind you I did put cantu leave in conditioner and my mix of shea butter,vita e, evoo, ecoo, and tea tree oil in my hair earlier. I also sprayed a heat protector on my hair before I started.

I was freaking out. I'm like omg, is my curl pattern still there. I hopped in the shower shampooed and conditioned it with Aussie Moist (Love it, new staple). I was washing and washing, I could still feel the straightness. I'm thinking oh hell, then I put lots of conditioner in my hair, fingered comb, rubbed it around, finally I felt my curl was back dance . Thank god, I left the conditioner in for a DC. That was a scary experience, I thought all my hard work was gone. After that I vowed, I will never put heat to my hair again(except the dryer you sit under) but NO MORE FLAT IRONS!!!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

BTW, I have a Maxius Maxiglide Straightener with small iron for hard to reach places and I have a little pouch it came in for sale. I've only used it about 5 times since I bought it, its a great product. I'm just done with flat iron of any kind. So, if anyone wants to buy it you can have it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Disclaimer: IT WAS NOT THE IRON I USED TO STRAIGHTEN MY HAIR TONIGHT, IT WAS A REVLON

Last edited by naturalblkbeauty10 on 9th October 2010, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Upload pics)
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

My hair hates HEAT!! Empty Re: My hair hates HEAT!!

Post by Fleur 9th October 2010, 12:23 am

I hate the Maxiglide! I used that on my daughter's hair 2 years ago and it destroyed her curls. It was cute and straight, but when I washed her hair, the curls never came back. Ten years of natural down the drain. I cut her hair slowly while putting braids in her hair for 10 months on and off and her hair is at collarbone length now. Never again. Glad you dodged a bullet, girl!!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 9th October 2010, 12:38 am

fleur_nouvelle wrote:I hate the Maxiglide! I used that on my daughter's hair 2 years ago and it destroyed her curls. It was cute and straight, but when I washed her hair, the curls never came back. Ten years of natural down the drain. I cut her hair slowly while putting braids in her hair for 10 months on and off and her hair is at collarbone length now. Never again. Glad you dodged a bullet, girl!!

Wow, I could only imagine how upset you and her were. I haven't washed the conditioner out yet, so when I do hopefully everything will still be in place.
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 9th October 2010, 12:43 am

Naturalblkbeauty10 how much are you willing to sell it for?
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 9th October 2010, 1:24 am

Curliana wrote:Naturalblkbeauty10 how much are you willing to sell it for?

$50
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 9th October 2010, 11:12 am

I sent you a private message Naturalblkbeauty10
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 9th October 2010, 8:52 pm

wow. OMG. I have a maxiglide and I actually like mine. I hope that never happens to me. That is a horrible experience for your daughter @ fleur_nouvelle. I use it on my daughter to straighten and haven't had a problem so far. crosses fingers.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 10th October 2010, 12:21 am

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your flat ironing. I understand not wanting to try it again after a bad experience, I probably wouldn't either, but I'd be kind of disappointed. I like to have straight hair sometimes..
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 10th October 2010, 7:00 pm

Yea, so my hair suffered from some heat damage, WHAT SHOULD I DO??!!!
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th October 2010, 7:05 pm

Condition, condition, and condition some more. I've never had heat damage but I know close friend of mine that straightens from time to time say it takes a few washes for her hair to fully curl back up.

If that doesnt work, then you will have to transition that section of hair and cut it little by little or just cut it all now. Hopefully, it will revert back.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 10th October 2010, 8:02 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Condition, condition, and condition some more. I've never had heat damage but I know close friend of mine that straightens from time to time say it takes a few washes for her hair to fully curl back up.

If that doesnt work, then you will have to transition that section of hair and cut it little by little or just cut it all now. Hopefully, it will revert back.

Thank you soo much. If I mixed the conditioner up with evoo and evco, would that help? How often should I condition my hair now? and for how long? meaning a couple of hrs, sit under a dryer, etc. Also, what kind of conditioner should I use? I have aussie moist and I love it. I really dont want to start over? I was gonna get my cousin to cornrow the front my hair, which has most of the damage so I dont bother it too much but she gets too happy with comb. Its fragile enough and I dont want no added damages.
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down