CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY HAIR HATES EVERYTHING

5 posters

Go down

MY HAIR HATES EVERYTHING Empty MY HAIR HATES EVERYTHING

Post by chocolate-kinks 24th May 2010, 2:09 am

I appreciate all the help that I have received from eveyone through this website. I was given many tips and helped through many of my hard times. I explained about my scalp and hair issues and many have gave me suggestions, but I still have issues. My scalp seems to hate oil. My hair seems to hate shea butter and gels makes it dry and brittle. I think I stunted my growth and I'm just so irritated. Every time I add extentions to my hair, if my scalp is not dry it frizzy. I added oil its dry, if I add braid spray the same thing. I clarified with baking soda once and my hair was falling out in my hands and my scalp was soooo dry. The only thing that seemed to work was curl activator or anything with aloe vera gel and glycerin. I over heard that glycerin is not good to use in the winter, so I don't know what to do. I am just so frustrated with my hair and feel like just relaxing it again, cutting it off or growing locs. I don't want to do any, but I never had so many issue till I became natural.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

MY HAIR HATES EVERYTHING Empty Re: MY HAIR HATES EVERYTHING

Post by Karyn 24th May 2010, 2:35 am

I'm sorry you keep having issues.

Have you tried thicker conditioners, like Trader Joes Nourish Spa or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, as moisturizers? Oils don't moisturize hair, they just seal it in. If glycerin works for you, then use it. Just because it may not work for someone else, doesn't mean you should stop using it. If curl activator, aloe vera gel, and glycerin work, then keep using that! I find that when I moisturize my hair with a thicker conditioner and seal with shea butter, my hair is SUPER moisturized the next morning and I can continuously wear my hair out without any SSKs or dryness.

Good luck.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 24th May 2010, 2:42 am

Karyn wrote:I'm sorry you keep having issues.

Have you tried thicker conditioners, like Trader Joes Nourish Spa or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, as moisturizers? Oils don't moisturize hair, they just seal it in. If glycerin works for you, then use it. Just because it may not work for someone else, doesn't mean you should stop using it. If curl activator, aloe vera gel, and glycerin work, then keep using that! I find that when I moisturize my hair with a thicker conditioner and seal with shea butter, my hair is SUPER moisturized the next morning and I can continuously wear my hair out without any SSKs or dryness.

Good luck.

I know thats its a sealer, but I don't even know if that works for me. I discovered that my hair hates coconut oil all together. I tried castor oil and it seems okay. I use VO5 condish. never tried Trader Joes. I never tried leaving conditioner in my hair. I tried once and my scalp felt a little dry. From then I washed it out and never tried it again. A lady told me to try selsun blue. She said their might be an issue with my scalp.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 24th May 2010, 2:15 pm

Don't give up.

Try rosewater mixed with aloe vera. Add a little of you favorite condish and a few oils.

Are you using shea butter straight or mixed with oils? My hair doesn't like it straight, but mixed with oils it loves.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 24th May 2010, 2:26 pm

try a thick conditioner as a leave in with some EVOO along with the aloe vera i found that helps me alot

I also found that if i do not deep condition my hair every week it is dry

please don't give up it will pay off soon
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 24th May 2010, 2:36 pm

labon10 wrote:Don't give up.

Try rosewater mixed with aloe vera. Add a little of you favorite condish and a few oils.

Are you using shea butter straight or mixed with oils? My hair doesn't like it straight, but mixed with oils it loves.

I mix it with oils, but I always have a bad experience with it. Either my hair smells like vomit, the mix is too hard, the mix smells rancid, my hair feels hard, etc.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 24th May 2010, 2:38 pm

priceless wrote:try a thick conditioner as a leave in with some EVOO along with the aloe vera i found that helps me alot

I also found that if i do not deep condition my hair every week it is dry

please don't give up it will pay off soon

I'm wondering if I could be protein sensitive because the last time I tried leaving condish in my hair it felt hard.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 24th May 2010, 3:25 pm

My hair feel hard like that also with jus leaving the conditioner in there by itself but you have to mix it with oil. this is all done while it is soaking wet
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 24th May 2010, 6:09 pm

I understand how you feel. I would get so frustrated with products other people were trying that wasn't working for me AT ALL, but its all about finding a routine that works for you. Maybe its not about the products your using, but how your using it? For example for me personally when I use moisturizer by itself it leaves my hair feeling very crunchy, but when I put a little bit of coconut oil with it my hair feels moisturized and soft. Think about how your using the products too. HTH!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 25th May 2010, 2:12 am

priceless wrote:My hair feel hard like that also with jus leaving the conditioner in there by itself but you have to mix it with oil. this is all done while it is soaking wet

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 25th May 2010, 2:14 am

Nessa101 wrote:I understand how you feel. I would get so frustrated with products other people were trying that wasn't working for me AT ALL, but its all about finding a routine that works for you. Maybe its not about the products your using, but how your using it? For example for me personally when I use moisturizer by itself it leaves my hair feeling very crunchy, but when I put a little bit of coconut oil with it my hair feels moisturized and soft. Think about how your using the products too. HTH!

I've tried this and its still the same.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down