CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque Review

3 posters

Go down

Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque Review Empty Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque Review

Post by naturallynola 19th December 2010, 11:23 pm

Let's say this is a preliminary review to be polished later. I am doing this review now because a few people have been asking me about this product. I ordered this hair masque on BF and it arrived at my door the following Friday. Although I am pretty vigilant about following directions, I have not used this conditioner on dry hair as instructed because of the different treatments and routine I have, it has not been practical to do.

My objective - To find a solid deep conditioner for my rotation with a price point that is easy on the pockets.

My process - First use: After shampooing in sections, I then applied the masque to wet hair, with moist heat for 45 minutes. The second use I used it side-by-side with KBB Luscious Locks quite by accident b/c I ran out of the Luscious Locks and needed to condition my hair well as it was after a henna treatment. I left it on 1.5 hours this time. I will use KBB as a comparison for my observations.

Observations - The masque is very thick and somewhat creamy. Because of its heaviness, it does not apply smoothly like KBB. Also, it takes a bit of time before it absorbs into the hair. But, after several minutes, it is apparent that the conditioner is hard at work. During my first use, I had one of those very stubborn SSNs and was able to separate the strands and get rid of it without cutting my hair. During the second use, I had multiple SSNs and again, was able to use it to get rid of them. I do want to say that ordinarily I don't have a problem with tangles, but I did after the henna, but because it was not my original intention to use the Mozeke product, I had already detangled with KBB, which has great slip. Day 1 after results from henna treatment, both the KBB and Mozeke sections are soft and moisturized. Would I buy the product again, YES.

BTW - A little goes a Looooooooooooooooooooooooong WAY

I will follow-up with comments when using the product on dry hair, as the directions advise.

I must add the customer service is A-1. Jennifer is very sweet and responsive to emails and feedback.

Website for product information, including ingredients: http://www.mozekeproducts.com/product/moisturizing-hair-masque-1

Last edited by naturalnolagirl1900 on 20th December 2010, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque Review Empty Re: Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque Review

Post by BajanPrincess82 20th December 2010, 1:05 am

8 ounces for $12...ouch!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque Review Empty Re: Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque Review

Post by letha 20th December 2010, 9:03 am

Others 8 ounce DC is more than $12 and her BF sale was the best BF sale I've seen from a vendor. But I had ordered from so many other people I missed this one.. KBB I am not sure how much you are getting but isn't her masque $20 or $25.. IDK I guess I thought that was reasonable compared to the other prices for $8oz..

I have the DC I did it without heat and left it on my head overnight.. It was moisturized but I didn't have that slip.. Maybe I need to use heat next time.. I got her samples to start off with and still using her samples..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th December 2010, 12:32 pm

Letha, the price point is exactly what grabbed me considering the ingredients and the other made to order companies'prices. $12.00 is quite a difference considering KBB is $25. Many of the others are around $20.00 (give or take a little) for 8 oz. I found KBB goes a long way too, but it applies so smoothly that I didn't realize I was using much more than I needed to (I tend to be heavy handed anyway). I got quite a few applications from KBB and the recommendation is to use monthly. I agree the slip with KBB is breathtaking. My plan is to try Mozeke again on a section of hair after a potentially drying clay or herb/henna treatment and with a regular wash AND do it on DRY HAIR as is recommended and upgrade this review from preliminary to final.

Letha, did you use it on dry hair?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 20th December 2010, 1:49 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Letha, the price point is exactly what grabbed me considering the ingredients and the other made to order companies'prices. $12.00 is quite a difference considering KBB is $25. Many of the others are around $20.00 (give or take a little) for 8 oz. I found KBB goes a long way too, but it applies so smoothly that I didn't realize I was using much more than I needed to (I tend to be heavy handed anyway). I got quite a few applications from KBB and the recommendation is to use monthly. I agree the slip with KBB is breathtaking. My plan is to try Mozeke again on a section of hair after a potentially drying clay or herb/henna treatment and with a regular wash AND do it on DRY HAIR as is recommended and upgrade this review from preliminary to final.

Letha, did you use it on dry hair?

No and not sure if I have enough to do my whole head so not sure if I want to use it on my dry hair this go around.. I also got her hair milk 4 n 1 and thats thick also.. You can use this as a rinse and on wet or dry hair so far I only use it on dry and wet hair and I like it.. She has a recipe you can use with the hair milk.. Its like a moisture mist.. I don't have some of the ingredients she listed.. I just emailed her and she's not having another sale this year.. Not sure when her next one will be so I just might order without the sale. I think I got the holding butter and can't remember the other product but that is thick also..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down