CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I'm Thinking of Coloring My Hair....

+2
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
6 posters

Go down

So I'm Thinking of Coloring My Hair.... Empty So I'm Thinking of Coloring My Hair....

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 7:28 pm

In two weeks, I'm thinking about coloring my hair a light brown. (I'm getting it professionally done)
Is there any recommendations for after care? Anything I should be wary of due to our hair texture?

Last edited by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 19th December 2010, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos!)
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

So I'm Thinking of Coloring My Hair.... Empty Re: So I'm Thinking of Coloring My Hair....

Post by rayray19 19th December 2010, 7:39 pm

yes going to the professional is best!! lol i tried to dye mines a light auburn color and the color never took only on my roots..so I had to do my good old black rinse over it (Idk y i even messed with color I love jet black hair!!!)

but I color my hair black every 2 months and to take care of it I make sure to DC once (sometime twice) a week..Also I use Yes to cucumber conditioner and shampoo they are designed for color treated hair..and i make sure to keep my hair well moisturized..black dye isn't as harmful to hair as brighter colors because lighter colors actually lift the hair color...so the black rinses hasn't cause me any problems..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

So I'm Thinking of Coloring My Hair.... Empty Re: So I'm Thinking of Coloring My Hair....

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 7:56 pm

Thanks girly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 19th December 2010, 8:43 pm

I haven't colored in a long time. I agree with Ray. Make sure you keep your hair moisturized otherwise it'll be quite hay like and that's not a good look.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDreamgirl 19th December 2010, 8:48 pm

I did a protein treatment the day before and the day after my color and I haven't had any problems. I agree with the ladies before...keep it moisturized and listen to your hair. If it feels dry, DC. Like rayray19, I also love YTCucumbers!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 8:51 pm

Yep!! Just make sure you MOISTURIZE!!!!! Color can be very drying to hair. Condition often. Use a moisturizer often!!! Sure it'll come out great!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 8:57 pm

Thanks ladies! I'll post pics when I get it done!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 19th December 2010, 9:16 pm

Agree with the rest of the women. Must keep your hair moisturized all the time. I used to dye my hair reddish brown a lot but recently stopped because my hair was badly dried out. I know now from experience what I had done wrong.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down