CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 3 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by QuietButterfly 19th August 2010, 11:58 pm

Hey IB!!

You're doing it up!!! Your coils look great and I love the twist out pin-up style!! I'll definitely be stealing that! Very Happy
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 3 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by CocoEuro 21st August 2010, 9:26 am

Those coils are pretty and I LOVE the twist pin up!!! and the twist out!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 21st August 2010, 9:43 am

All of your styles turned out great...love the coils.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 12:56 am

hey IB glad to see u stickin ur head back in to let us know ur ok! lmaoooo@ rosa parks roll.

love the coils too. how long did urs last? and did u do a coil out?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd August 2010, 7:38 am

nattyblog wrote:GORGEOUS!!! I love that! And the accessories are such a nice touch!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey IB!!

You're doing it up!!! Your coils look great and I love the twist out pin-up style!! I'll definitely be stealing that! Very Happy

CocoEuro wrote:Those coils are pretty and I LOVE the twist pin up!!! and the twist out!!!

MellowOne wrote:All of your styles turned out great...love the coils.

NubieNatty wrote:hey IB glad to see u stickin ur head back in to let us know ur ok! lmaoooo@ rosa parks roll.
love the coils too. how long did urs last? and did u do a coil out?

Thanks ladies for your kind words sunny
@Nubie, I still have BIG D in the coils. Today will be the 3rd day (I am working). I plan to do the coil out on Monday for Tuesday.
Btw, Nubie we are hooked up on FB. Act like you know...... Shocked Laughing

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd August 2010, 9:13 am

Morning...just wanted to stop in and tell you your avatar is HOT!!!

Looking good IB!!!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd August 2010, 10:15 am

I saw that beautiful smile in your Avi and I had to stop in! Those coils are beautiful, I know I said that befor but I had to say it again. You are doing a wonderful job with Destiny!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd August 2010, 10:46 am

IB,
Your coils look fantastic. I can't wait for my coils to hang like that. Love the avi too...nice pic.

Your pinup's were cute as well. You're just a styling diva.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd August 2010, 4:41 pm

IB, those finger coils are perfecto! You did a really good job. I love it. Also the pin-up twist style is very nice too.

Destiny is looking really good and growing.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd August 2010, 11:37 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning...just wanted to stop in and tell you your avatar is HOT!!!

Looking good IB!!!! I love you

sweetdrk1 wrote:I saw that beautiful smile in your Avi and I had to stop in! Those coils are beautiful, I know I said that befor but I had to say it again. You are doing a wonderful job with Destiny!!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:IB,
Your coils look fantastic. I can't wait for my coils to hang like that. Love the avi too...nice pic.

Your pinup's were cute as well. You're just a styling diva.

BlondeByDesire wrote:IB, those finger coils are perfecto! You did a really good job. I love it. Also the pin-up twist style is very nice too.

Destiny is looking really good and growing.

Thank you so much ladies!! I love you Again your feedback,imo, is priceless cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd August 2010, 2:24 pm

Hey IB!

You look so pretty in your avi...I had to run over and tell ya! Those finger coils are YOU! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd August 2010, 6:13 pm

Lovely AVI! Just had to come by after seeing your post on another thread!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 23rd August 2010, 7:07 pm

Nice finger coils!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th August 2010, 4:14 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey IB!

You look so pretty in your avi...I had to run over and tell ya! Those finger coils are YOU! cheers

Thnank you Very Happy . I can't help but notice your avi......... Laughing . I think that is hilarious Laughing

poeticlyspkng wrote:Lovely AVI! Just had to come by after seeing your post on another thread!

npmoore04 wrote:Nice finger coils!

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your feedback cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 3 Empty FINGERCOIL UPDATE

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th August 2010, 5:01 am

Goods morning Dolls:

So Destiny has been in fingercoils for 4 days. Since the top started to look frizzy mainly because it is a softer texture, I don't cover it in the shower, and it's been raining here. I decided to do a coil out last night for my last night of work. I WILL POST PIC LATER. Very Happy

REVIEW OF FINGERCOILS:
I will have to try them again, but I think it is safe to say this is my favorite style. I find that extremely funny since I was hard pressed on never doing finger coils or coil outs once I became fully natural (my husband also felt the same way). No It just looked manufactured, imo. But it is a style that requires little manipulation to complete and once complete to preserve just cover at night and shake in the morning. WHY IS THIS STYLE SO SIMPLE FOR DESTINY scratch
Because she naturally wants to coil cheers . IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE Cool . It took about the same or even less time to do (it was hard to tell because I did it in the morning with 2 kids at my knees.... Laughing .) But it was stress free because Destiny from root to tip wanted to coil.

I will have to do it again, but because this is a great protective style, I will probably make this my primary go-to protective style for the cold months ahead. I look forward to playing around with pin up coils, different size coils, and all variations of coils and coil outs. Very Happy

SO FOR ALL YOU SPIRAL CURLY, COILY NATURALISTAS THAT ARE HAVING A HARD TIME WITH WASH N GO (FUZZ, LENGTH VARIATIONS, CURLS HOLDING). THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE. NOT EXACTLY WASH N GO BUT IT DOES ENHANCE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE AND IS LOW MANIPULATION AND MAINTANCE.

WHAT I USED ON WET HAIR:
1)Giovanni Max root as a leave in (light condish) and Castor oil mix
2)aloe vera juice to each section.
The coils were stretched, for the most part, and soft and shiny.
However, I feel the coil out could have looked alot better. The back and sides of my hair loves to coil the most, so on the coil out some of the ends frizzed out on me. But my top and crown were fabulous.
So for the NEXT GO AROUND FOR THIS STYLE:
1)Make the coils bigger for a nice full look resembling a rod set
2)use Giovanni direct leave in--for moisture
3)Oynt burnt sugar pomade (I think that is the name, I got it at a swap but never used)-as my sealant
4)Darcy's Botanical gel-- for hold

I will be testing it out this week after my Bentonite clay treatment. I need to henna this week too. So we will see.....................

PS::IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS OR YOU TUBE FAVS THAT HAVE DONE FINGERCOILS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....................THANKS IN ADVANCE Wink

HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY!!

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th August 2010, 10:14 am

I learned to fingercoil from NatureByEddie owner. Here is the video. The fingercoil tutorial starts at 4:32