CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th July 2010, 1:04 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great update...Destiny is looking good!! I love that headband too! Work it IB!! Have fun at the family reunion!!

Thanks Sweet!! We did have fun.

CocoEuro wrote:ooo..you have a product stash! LOL!!! Your hair looks nice!!!

Thanks Coco.
LOL..I don't change my products alot at all anymore. I am not a PJ at all..... IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_lol

krazy coils wrote:Love the pony puff and that headband is gorgeous!

Thank you IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

MellowOne wrote:Hey IB!

You have made such great progress with Destiny. Love Love Love the twist out IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Thank you IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey chica! Destiny looks FABULOUS!!!! I'm right there with you with the protective styling! It looks like your prod list is pretty simple and narrowed down. Tell me about these tea rinses. I'd like to see what these are about and how you use your powders. I liked the henna gloss so much, I'm thinking about adding ayurvedics to my regi.

Hey curlytwin, I love the tea rinses. The tea rinses and spritzs, like the ayurvedic powders, are treatments that will give you long term benefits. Chrs put me on to this a while back during transitioning and I have used it ever since. It's done as a final rinse at the end of your routine before styling or in your spritiz, instead of water, for daily use with your other ingredients. My logic is why use just plain water in the spritz when you can add a little more conditioning. I use peppermint, horsetail and burdock teas. I rotate them and use one or 2 at a time when a box is finished. I use 2 teabags to a jar of water.

The powders I use in rotatation. Bentonite clay/acv one week, followed by henna the next, followed by alma/maka or amla/brahmi the next, followed by a regular DC the next. I DC after every treatment and cowash in between. Since the summer I have been lazy on the treatments and have been hennaing every 2 months instead of every month. I have basically been just letting my hair tell me what txs it needs that week. IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

My product list is definitely narrowed down. I am not a PJ at all. I am content.

CrissyQ wrote:Hi, I like the product list and the update. Your hair looks great, keep up the good work.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Love your puff and your twist out looks good. You've got quite a product list there. IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Thank you. Yes, it is long but narrowed down. Not a PJ at all IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_lol

bholmes87 wrote:Hey IB!!

I haven't been on CN for the past few weeks but now that I'm starting to get updated on everyone, I want to encourage you and let you know that we're still praying for you and with you!! Family drama is never a fun thing to deal with but you have the rock of your salvation to lean on! He is our strength in weakness IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

And you and Destiny have been looking FAB-YOU-LICIOUS!!!!!! I'm loving all the pics my dear IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_cheers

LOVE YOU SIS! Stay strong in the Lord and in the power of His might IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Herz

Thank you so much BH. I haven't been on here often myself. This summer is jam packed with events and my boys want to be outside all the time IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_lol .
Thank you for your words of encouragement IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Herz

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey Sis!! Love the new avi!!

Thank you sis. How you doing with all your goodies?

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey IB!

I love your hair...and that headband! NICE!!!! ;-)

Thank you Ry IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

BlondeByDesire wrote:Looking good IB.

BBD, thank you. I know you are busy moving but I miss you. We started out natural together IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_lol .
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd July 2010, 1:48 pm

Destiny looks full and thick. Your regimen is working wonderfully!

Love the pictures! I have a similar headband to the one you used for your puff.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd July 2010, 2:41 pm

Hi IB...

My WashNGo's dry the same way....tight on the sides and high in the top...too funny!!

Hope all is well with you and Destiny!!

Have a great weekend!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd July 2010, 3:14 pm

Loving your twist outs IB! And I don't blame you for the wngs... I think I've given them up for now. May try again once I repurchase kinky curly but for now, that's a thing of the past! So, you do the tea in your spritz huh? I think I'll do that too. I have some burdock at home.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 24th July 2010, 1:19 am

I'm super late, but my condolences regarding the passing of your grandmother.

As usual, your hair looks fabulous. Hope all is well.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th August 2010, 6:58 am

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
PSALMS 91:1

Hey ladies,
I don't know where to begin, I am ashamed that I have been away so long Embarassed .
But I would like to start by saying HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU BEAUTIFUL NATURALISTAS cheers . It is quite evident that this forum has tremendous benefits to constant readers. sunny
I feel like a drop out Sad Laughing But the summer has been chock full of events and unexpected happenings. Plus my boys want to be out and about all the time. And now my job has been watching everything we do, claiming "turbulant economic climate", so I have to be careful being on the internet so much when I am here Rolling Eyes .

Anyway, I have not been following up on my treatments or DCs as I normally do.
I have trying to perfect the wash n go and sometimes just wash n go and not care .... Laughing . It's just easier for me this time of the year. Rolling Eyes But I try to twist for work so I don't have to bother with it.
I vowed to get back on my hair grind for the month of August because I want to preserve my length then I want to attempt to give myself a trim when I hit 6 months. Yes, I AM 5 MONTHS NATURAL NOW cheers . I can't believe it. But Destiny is growing into this spiral bonanza... Laughing The back and sides are so tight and coily and the top is a frizz of bigger spirals but I love it all!!! Laughing

So what's new: I have been putting my shampoo in a squirt bottle and applying it directly to my scalp, instead of putting it on my fingertips first. I find it works better. I also have been adding condish first then shampoo, as per Kimmy method. It works very well. I haven't been all that creative in the styling dept due to time. But I have tried to maintain some semblence of order with this mame.... Laughing .

I am looking forward to fall and winter protective hair styling. I also want to try roller setting again. Blow drying the hair straight to check length. And I also want to get in on the pin up twist styles I see you ladies rockin.

I will gather up some pics and display between today and Monday.

STAY FIERCE GALS Wink I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th August 2010, 9:02 am

Hey IB....

Good to see you checking in!!! I know you have been rocking so tight WnG...love the pictures on FB.

Can't wait to see your growth, and congratulations on making 5 months. I've been under the weather this week so it will take me to Sunday to get half way caught up!!! LOL

Take care of Destiny...and the fam must come first!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th August 2010, 12:14 pm

Hi! I love all your hair pics!! Your hair is super coily! Beautiful!

I want to try squeezing my shampoo just to my scalp too. I just haven't done it yet. But I want to try it so I can keep my braids in longer!! You'll be my inspiration!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th August 2010, 6:06 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey IB....

Good to see you checking in!!! I know you have been rocking so tight WnG...love the pictures on FB.

Can't wait to see your growth, and congratulations on making 5 months. I've been under the weather this week so it will take me to Sunday to get half way caught up!!! LOL

Take care of Destiny...and the fam must come first!!

KNH

Thanks KNH. Very Happy

nattyblog wrote:Hi! I love all your hair pics!! Your hair is super coily! Beautiful!

I want to try squeezing my shampoo just to my scalp too. I just haven't done it yet. But I want to try it so I can keep my braids in longer!! You'll be my inspiration!

Awww, thanks Nattyblog. cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th August 2010, 1:40 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote: I can't believe it. But Destiny is growing into this spiral bonanza... Laughing The back and sides are so tight and coily and the top is a frizz of bigger spirals but I love it all!!! Laughing

So what's new: I have been putting my shampoo in a squirt bottle and applying it directly to my scalp, instead of putting it on my fingertips first. I find it works better. I also have been adding condish first then shampoo, as per Kimmy method. It works very well. I haven't been all that creative in the styling dept due to time. But I have tried to maintain some semblence of order with this mame.... Laughing .

LOL, that sounds like my hair, only the frizz of bigger spirals is on the left, not the center. Other than that it's coil city. I thought I wanted looser curls when I was transitioning, but I found after BCing that I love the coily parts more than the looser parts. LOL, funny how that works out sometimes.

And I TOTALLY feel you on the squirt bottle, I keep meaning to get an applicator bottle because I don't feel like I'm getting the shampoo on my scalp which my be why I've been having so many issues with the itchies and dandruff lately. I may have to put a reminder in my phone to get one the next time I'm in a BSS Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th August 2010, 11:38 pm

Muz wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote: I can't believe it. But Destiny is growing into this spiral bonanza... Laughing The back and sides are so tight and coily and the top is a frizz of bigger spirals but I love it all!!! Laughing

LOL, that sounds like my hair, only the frizz of bigger spirals is on the left, not the center. Other than that it's coil city. I thought I wanted looser curls when I was transitioning, but I found after BCing that I love the coily parts more than the looser parts. LOL, funny how that works out sometimes.

And I TOTALLY feel you on the squirt bottle, I keep meaning to get an applicator bottle because I don't feel like I'm getting the shampoo on my scalp which my be why I've been having so many issues with the itchies and dandruff lately. I may have to put a reminder in my phone to get one the next time I'm in a BSS Smile

Yes Muz, I am noticing as it grows out it is super coily. I do love it just wish it was more uniformed for my wash n gos. Your avi looks great, btw. cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th August 2010, 11:04 am

Great update, love the squirt bottle idea. I have to give that a try.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th August 2010, 11:21 am

Hello IB, it's been a while ... love your update.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th August 2010, 6:07 pm

Hey lady!! Enjoyed the update.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th August 2010, 3:32 pm

HELLO DOLLS:

I just had to share this fingercoil style I did yesterday. I prepooed with majbh. oil then cowashed with a cheapy condish (I forgot the name) then slept overnight in Giovanni SAS condish. In the morning, I rinsed it out and applied Giovanni Max root 66 condish (light condish) with Castor oil to entire head. Then I sectioned and for the first time used a denman brush to each section then applied aloe vera juice before fingercoiling. I was pleased with the result.

THESE PICS ARE DAY 2 (TODAY):
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger10IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger11
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger12
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger13

THIS IS A PINUP STYLE I DID WITH MY TWISTS OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS:
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger14
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger15IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger18

AFTER UNRAVELING THE PINUP, THE HAIR DIDN'T LAY FLAT SO I DID A "ROSA PARKS" ROLL (REVERSE ROLL):
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger19
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger20
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Finger21

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR FEEDBACK. GOT TO GET BACK TO THE BOYS.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY DOLLS!!!

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th August 2010, 3:40 pm

Hey IB!

Those finger coils look great! So...you just twisted the hair around your finger for this effect? Please let me know...I would like to try it. ;-)

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th August 2010, 3:46 pm

oooo weeee IB...you hair is sooo pretty!!! I love your coils!!! You did a great job with that style!!!
woot!

Girl I love what you did with your twist out!!! Too cute!! You hair looks so soft and moist....you are doing a great job taking care of Destiny!!!

I'll catch up on your thread later....just had to send you some love!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th August 2010, 4:16 pm

Hey IB! In 5 months you have had some awesome growth and I love the adventure you have with styling. I'm boring and conservative. I have my wng and my twist outs. I was going to try wearing my twists but my hubby said- NO. LOL! I don't mind. Everyone can't pull off everything so I accept that for me, it's a no go.

well, just wanted to drop by here. You know I already stalk your meal ideas. Wink
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th August 2010, 5:13 pm

Your coils look great, I cant wait until mine hang like that!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th August 2010, 5:15 pm

Love both styles, you did a great job!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th August 2010, 6:25 pm

I LOVE IT!!! ALL of the STYLES!!! (may have to 'steal' that pinup do IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_wink ) I was gonna do coils Monday but got lazy. Now that I see how GREAT yours look, I am gonna do them this week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th August 2010, 7:30 pm

Those coils look great! I am gonna have to try coils one of these days and love the pinup!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th August 2010, 9:02 pm

those coils are beautiful!!! That will be my next style, thanks for the inspiration!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th August 2010, 10:33 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey IB!

Those finger coils look great! So...you just twisted the hair around your finger for this effect? Please let me know...I would like to try it. ;-)

Thanks. Well, not exactly wrapped it around my finger, that is what I ment to do but instead I ended up twisiting into coils..... Laughing My next style will hopefully be the coil out then doodling, which is wrapping the hair around the finger. Very Happy

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:oooo weeee IB...you hair is sooo pretty!!! I love your coils!!! You did a great job with that style!!!
woot!

Girl I love what you did with your twist out!!! Too cute!! You hair looks so soft and moist....you are doing a great job taking care of Destiny!!!

I'll catch up on your thread later....just had to send you some love!!!

KNH

Thanks KNH. It is soft and moisturized. I didn't use gel just the aloe vera juice to give hold and shine.
Very Happy

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey IB! In 5 months you have had some awesome growth and I love the adventure you have with styling. I'm boring and conservative. I have my wng and my twist outs. I was going to try wearing my twists but my hubby said- NO. LOL! I don't mind. Everyone can't pull off everything so I accept that for me, it's a no go.

well, just wanted to drop by here. You know I already stalk your meal ideas. Wink

Thank you Poet. But don't cut yourself short. Try it all just once. You never know you and hubby may like it Very Happy

CrissyQ wrote:Your coils look great, I cant wait until mine hang like that!

jlowman1 wrote:Love both styles, you did a great job!

Lynnieluve wrote:I LOVE IT!!! ALL of the STYLES!!! (may have to 'steal' that pinup do IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 2 Icon_wink ) I was gonna do coils Monday but got lazy. Now that I see how GREAT yours look, I am gonna do them this week.

krazy coils wrote:Those coils look great! I am gonna have to try coils one of these days and love the pinup!

sweetdrk1 wrote:those coils are beautiful!!! That will be my next style, thanks for the inspiration!!

Thanks Ladies. Your feedback is priceless cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 19th August 2010, 10:47 pm

GORGEOUS!!! I love that! And the accessories are such a nice touch!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next