CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th July 2010, 8:28 pm

Hey IB,
I love your pics of the week. Your twists were so shiny and juicy. And your puff was cute too.

Nice pic of you and your sis too. Hope you all enjoyed the show. I like the diversity of the cast and differing opinions. I know it was interesting hearing everything in person.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. My prayers are with you and your family.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th July 2010, 10:14 pm

Hey IB...

Just stopping by to check on you!!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th July 2010, 7:46 am

Love that Avi, is that from the twists? Looking good sis!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th July 2010, 8:01 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:You and your sister look alike!!! Both beautiful!!

Love those twists!!! Can't wait to see the twist out!

swoodward wrote:yup

Thank you my naturalistas Smile

Courtney wrote:hey IB

Your hair looks gorgeous....it's getting so long.
I've been MIA for a while and just wanted to check in.
Your twist looks great!

Smile

Hey lady, how are you? So glad you stopped by. Thank you for the kind words. How is your hair doing? Please feel free to post pics for me to see. bounce

Lynnieluve wrote:Love those twist!!! They are so shiny!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey I.B. Just dropping by to say HELLO! Your puff pictures are super cute. I know that twist out will be fabulous! Can't wait to see!

krazy coils wrote:Twists are looking great, can't wait to see the twistout!

Thank you my naturalistas Smile

CurlsGalore wrote:Good to see you in good spirits! Smile I'm loving the puff and your twists look great! What do you use to set them? Mine never stay straight. They like to curl up. Which is why I don't wear them out.

Thank you my hair twin Smile . I used my curly pudding, which is very similair to Kimmay's method.
3 TSP leave in condish
3 TSP oil
6 TSP aloe vera gel
Then I use the Koils by nature Butter then layer that with a little gel.
Some of mine still tend to curl up but for those unruly locs I put those big hair pins at the base of the twist.
HTH

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey IB...looking good as always! :-)

And...I'm sorry for your loss...my prayers are with you & yours!

Thank you RYL Smile

Serenity23 wrote:I'm jealous about your trip to the view, but you looked cute. I love that dress and I agree that you and your sis look alike.

Thank you. It was cool going on the set of the View Smile. It was so cold in the morning waiting to go in. We had to be there like 7am, even though they didn't start shooting until 10am Rolling Eyes .
Good thing I had that throw over my dress.... Laughing .

NubieNatty wrote:lol yall do look alike, looks like yall had a great time on the view! good thing i wasnt there cuz i want to throw a tomatoe at that hassleback chicks head so bad...she's a closet racist im sure and if i was to lift that weave off the back of her neck it would reveal a special "kkk" tat IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_eek

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_rr THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!

Laughing I agree with you but Elizabeth behaved herself this time.... Laughing .

sweetdrk1 wrote:LOL @ Nub!!

IB just stopping to leave you some love!

Thank you Sweet. I love you

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:ROTFL @ Nubie...*whispering..I agree for real with Nubie**

Hey IB...

Nice pictures from the view. You and your sister are just too cute!!! How was the show in person? I know the live show is a bit different, but nevertheless you both look like you had a ball!!

((hugs)) & IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Herz

Thank you.
Yes, It was fun but just too long of a wait to get inside. had to be there at 7am but show started at 10am Rolling Eyes .

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi lady! Love the puff! Your hair is growing quickly plus you are retaining the length, keep up the great work! You are awesome!

You and your sister are beautiful ladies.

Hoping you are enjoying your time with the family. Sorry to have missed you at the Atlantic City meet up. I saw you had RSVP'd on FB.

Take care

Thank you Chrs for your kind words.
Yes, I was suppose to go but with the funeral arrangements, I couldn't make it. I wanted to meet you and Gaye!!! I guess I will have to catch it the next time around Rolling Eyes

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey IB,
I love your pics of the week. Your twists were so shiny and juicy. And your puff was cute too.

Nice pic of you and your sis too. Hope you all enjoyed the show. I like the diversity of the cast and differing opinions. I know it was interesting hearing everything in person.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you Dva Smile

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey IB...

Just stopping by to check on you!!! I love you

Thank you KNH. I am much better now I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th July 2010, 8:06 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love that Avi, is that from the twists? Looking good sis!!

Thank you Sweet. Yes, from an old twist out 2 weeks ago. I get my best fros that way Laughing

I will try to post my recent twist out today. Still having laptop issues Rolling Eyes
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th July 2010, 8:07 am

title change
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th July 2010, 5:26 am

Good morn dolls:

So my update on life is that my grandmother did pass away. Her funeral was on last Friday. It was a beautiful service. She was all in pink and even her coffin was in pink. That was her favorite color Smile . The turn out was great and it was nice to see all the extended family at the repast.
After praying for closure and a forgiving heart toward my 2 aunts and uncle. The Lord has answered my prayer. I know she is much happier where she is now.
But I have to mention that BBD was right, one of my "act the fool" aunts did act out at the funeral. Thank God I was too far to go over there and smack her, but I did give her the side, evil eye.........

IN HAIR NEWS: Destiny is 4 months old without her relaxed ends!!!
The more she grows, the more fragile I notice she really is. My curls are small in diameter and show no signs of openning up. So my hair looks dense and thick but the volume is really coming from all those small spiral curls. The hair strand itself is actually fine.
As it grows, it really is a pain in the neck to detangle, especially the back. But I recently used Tia's method of saturating dry hair with light conditioner and detangling in small sections. That seems to work really well for me. So I will be doing that before I wash from now on. I also can't rush AT ALL when doing my hair anymore. That is a definite No - No . Curls will just start poppin out and in the sink....not good at all. So I have to be extremely light handed Rolling Eyes .

After the twist out style, I did a wash n go with the plopping method then stretched the roots with a BLOW DRYER..... Shocked . I had to try it to see if it would work for me and it did.......... cheers . I sectioned the wet to damp hair the pulled the roots as I allowed the warm air to hit it. It stretched it nicely.

I will put up pics as soon as we settle on which Apple laptop to purchase. This decision is in the hands of my husband Rolling Eyes .

HAVE A GREAT WEEK DOLLS!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 13th July 2010, 5:30 am

Sorry to hear about your loss... Your hair is looking good! Congrats on 4 months! I want a MacBook too!!! (wishful thinking lol)
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 13th July 2010, 8:41 am

Goodmorning IB, sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I don't watch the view that much anymore but I would have loved to be there. You looked like you had lots of fun with your sister. That is a long wait but I guess it was worth it.

Your hair looks great and I hope you have a wonderful day IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_biggrin
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th July 2010, 11:43 am

Wow has it only been 4 months? Congrats!! I am happy you have closure!! I can't wait to see the stretched WnG!! Oooo a new MAC too!!! Love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th July 2010, 7:57 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss... Your hair is looking good! Congrats on 4 months! I want a MacBook too!!! (wishful thinking lol)

MellowOne wrote:Goodmorning IB, sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I don't watch the view that much anymore but I would have loved to be there. You looked like you had lots of fun with your sister. That is a long wait but I guess it was worth it.

Your hair looks great and I hope you have a wonderful day IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_biggrin

THANK YOU NATURALISTAS Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th July 2010, 8:01 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Wow has it only been 4 months? Congrats!! I am happy you have closure!! I can't wait to see the stretched WnG!! Oooo a new MAC too!!! Love it!

Yes, only 4 months, thanks for the congrats.
I really feel like I am still learning my hair. As it grows, I am seeing certain characteristics I didn't see before like hair strand texture. I knew I have different size curls and patterns but not 3 different textures going on too Rolling Eyes .

It's all good though. cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 12:08 pm

Morning IB...

I'm glad things went well, and your fam came together. I'm sure that is the way your grandmother would have wanted it to be.

I see you are still taking great care of Destiny!!! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Congrats on getting a Mac...let me know how you like it. I embrace embrace change in fact I welcome it, but after using our youth pastor's Mac I think I'll stick with my PC for a while...LOL

Have a blessed week!
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th July 2010, 11:19 pm

PRODUCT UPDATED LIST:

GIOVANNI SAS CONDISH
GIOVANNI MAX ROOT CONDISH
GIOVANNI TEA TREE CONDISH
SUAVE COCONUT CONDISH FOR COWASHING OUT TXS ONLY
AUBREY ORGANICS HONEYSUCKLE ROse CONDISH
COCONUT MILK
CREAM OF COCONUT
KOILS BY NATURE BUTTERS AND GEL
COCONUT OIL
OLIVE OIL
GRAPESEED OIL
PEPPERMINT TEA RINSES AND SPRITZ
BURDOCK TEA RINSES AND SPRITZ
HENNA
AMLA
MAKA
BRAHMI
BANANAS
BENTONITE CLAY
DESERT ESSENCE THOROUGHLY CLEAN FACE WASH, AS MY SHAMPOO

ALSO I WILL NO LONGER BE DOING WASH N GOS, UNLESS IT GOES INTO A PONY PUFF. I LOOK LIKE FRENCH POODLE.............. IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_lol . THE TOP DRYS HIGH AND THE SIDES AND BACK DRY TIGHT. THE BLOW DRYER WHEN I FIRST USED IT TO STRETCH THE ROOTS LOOKED NICE BUT AS IT DRIED COMPLETELY I LOOKED LIKE A FRENCH POODLE. IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_rolleyes
I WILL HAVE TO TRY THIS WHEN THE HAIR GETS LONGER, SO FOR NOW PROTECTIVE STYLES IT WILL BE.

PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen 678474

twist out pics:
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Benton10

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Benton11

WASH N GO PONYPUFF:
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Benton12

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Benton13

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Benton14

THIS IS DESTINY NOW IN A BRAID N CURL SET. WILL UNRAVEL TOMORROW FOR FAMILY REUNION.
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Benton15

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND DOLLS!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 17th July 2010, 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th July 2010, 12:52 am

Great update...Destiny is looking good!! I love that headband too! Work it IB!! Have fun at the family reunion!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 17th July 2010, 5:41 am

ooo..you have a product stash! LOL!!! Your hair looks nice!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th July 2010, 10:03 am

Love the pony puff and that headband is gorgeous!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 17th July 2010, 10:21 am

Hey IB!

You have made such great progress with Destiny. Love Love Love the twist out IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_biggrin
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th July 2010, 11:28 am

Hey chica! Destiny looks FABULOUS!!!! I'm right there with you with the protective styling! It looks like your prod list is pretty simple and narrowed down. Tell me about these tea rinses. I'd like to see what these are about and how you use your powders. I liked the henna gloss so much, I'm thinking about adding ayurvedics to my regi.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th July 2010, 11:37 am

Hi, I like the product list and the update. Your hair looks great, keep up the good work.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th July 2010, 1:43 pm

Love your puff and your twist out looks good. You've got quite a product list there. IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th July 2010, 1:58 pm

Hey IB!!

I haven't been on CN for the past few weeks but now that I'm starting to get updated on everyone, I want to encourage you and let you know that we're still praying for you and with you!! Family drama is never a fun thing to deal with but you have the rock of your salvation to lean on! He is our strength in weakness Very Happy

And you and Destiny have been looking FAB-YOU-LICIOUS!!!!!! I'm loving all the pics my dear cheers

LOVE YOU SIS! Stay strong in the Lord and in the power of His might I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 19th July 2010, 1:05 am

Hey Sis!! Love the new avi!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th July 2010, 4:37 am

Hey IB!

I love your hair...and that headband! NICE!!!! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th July 2010, 9:07 am

Looking good IB.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next