CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 16 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 16th March 2011, 4:42 pm

Your hair looks great! and *pishaw*, your face is amazing. cheers
Cherry: extraordinary!
Cherry: extraordinary!

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 16 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. 16th March 2011, 6:47 pm

That braid out is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! What a Face
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th March 2011, 7:05 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:IB....

That braid out is really framing your face...very pretty!!! Love the washNgo as well. Looking good over here chica....tired never looked so good!! LOL
Amen! Don't she make tired look dayum good! Nice t-shirt! Very Happy
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th March 2011, 7:54 pm

OK, you don't have to twist my arm. I will doing a braid out for my day trip to N.O. this weekend.

Love that BRAIDOUT!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2011, 4:12 am

LOL...THANKS LADIES!! YOU ALL ARE TOO KIND.
@SWEET, THIS IS MY GO TO MOM-RUN-AROUND T-SHIRT. IT COMFORTABLE AND I AM MAKING A STATEMENT AT THE SAME TIME. I LOVE IT!!
@LYNN, CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR BRAIDOUT:bounce:
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2011, 4:46 am

HAIR UPDATE:

I really loved how the braid out looked on Destiny. She really showed out on that style.
So I took that style and spritzed it and detangled some then decided to do 2 french braid on either side to hold the style for dinner with hubby. EPIC FAIL!!! Destiny looked terrrible. So I quickly drenched my hair under the shower head for a wash n go. I looked great wet but then dried into a ball of frizz defined in the back and loose in the front with my flower Rolling Eyes . I was not happy but life goes on.
I wore that ponypuff for 2 days then did a henna tx because I have alot of new growth and my middle grays where showing. So on Tuesday, I went to the Indian store for my usual henna but then found another henna that my Indian coworker always talks about. Here is the link
http://www.amazon.com/Godrej-Nupur-Mehendi-Powder-150-gram/dp/B001T7APMG

I must say, I liked this henna much better. It seemed to be sifted well, the smell was not as potent as Jamilia henna and rinsed out easily and completely.
I used 1 package, 1 egg yolk, qhemet biologics olive and honey hydrating balm (to get rid of it), a small amount of apple vider vigear, and water. Left on for about 4 hours then rinsed out with the help of Tresemme moisture rich condish. I was very pleased with how this henna covered all my gray hairs and my strands felt super strong.
Since I was out of Hairveda's DC, I decided to move on to Koils by nature products using the Sheaaloe conditioner. For my first application, I didn't like that it didn't allow me to detangle easily, but I did henna so I will have to use it again. I added shikaki costal oil by Hairveda to help along the process. I usually wash in twists but I did the tx, so twists were not an option. GRRRR, I dreaded detangling and smoothing on the DC because it took forever. Once twists were in, I put on a plastic cap and went to bed.

Later the next day, I removed the plastic cap and didn't like the smell coming out of my hair. I know henna stinks, but in combo with the condish and oil............yuck Razz . So quickly I ran to the shower and rinsed in cold water, squeezing the twists and massaging the scalp. Plopped with t-shirt and the smell dissapated...thank God!! cheers .
Lastly, I undid each twist and made it 2 twists applying the KBN watermelon butter on the hair and ends. My hair did feel soft but still strong from the henna tx, and my twists felt heavy and strong, like ropes. I let that air dry then did my usual french braid with the twist as an updo for the week.

I will probably do a bantu knot with the twists on Saturday and release it on Sunday for an out style. But only if the weather is nice Rolling Eyes WE WILL SEE.....................

HAVE A GREAT WEEK LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th March 2011, 5:42 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:IB....

That braid out is really framing your face...very pretty!!! Love the washNgo as well. Looking good over here chica....tired never looked so good!! LOL
Yes indeed.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th March 2011, 12:08 am

Aww thanks Chrs Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th March 2011, 12:21 am

Hello Dolls:

So spring is here and I had a regimen all planned out for this season cheers . But had an epiphany that changed all that Razz .

I have never desired to do mini twists because of the time involved and had fear of the take down dealing with knots. But my recent epiphany has relieved all that. My plan is to do mini twists gradually. Right now my hair is in twists. I will wash in 2 weeks which would involve prepoo, wash, deep condition in twists then untwist, detangle and retwist making 2 more twists out of every one twist. I will do this every 2 weeks for 3 cycles. I should have mini twists by then. After the 3rd wash, I will keep the mini twists in for 3 weeks instead of 2. This will give me 3 months worth of protective styling (the whole spring season). So by the first week of summer I would be rockin a fierce mini twist out afro . The take down should be easy since I am detangling every 2 weeks.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I will continue to use Koils by Nature DC and butter products until all gone. Then switch my regimen again to a fun, playful, summer time regimen.

I will take pics of the twists gradually getting smaller to show the comparisions. I will also do another length check so at the end of spring I can see how much progress I have made.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND DOLLS flower
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th March 2011, 12:23 am

P.S---I AM SURE THIS IS NOT A NEW CONCEPT. THERE IS PROBABLY SOMEONE ON YOUTUBE DOING THIS METHOD RIGHT NOW......... Laughing .

BUT YEAH, IT'S AN EPIPHANY TO ME Razz
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 20th March 2011, 12:58 am

I can't wait to see the progress on the mini-twists, sounds like a great plan cheers

By the way, when we met I said my detangling sessions took 1/2 hour - I must have been suffering from food-in-mouth disease because every time I've washed since it's gotten longer and longer! I don't think it's more knots, but I'm just being more delicate ... anyway, today I clocked in at a good hour and 15 minutes - ha!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 20th March 2011, 7:12 am

Sounds like a plan. Good luck!

Destiny will be so ready for the summer months ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th March 2011, 12:23 pm

hey there! am looking forward to the mini twists. i think u shouldn't have a problem with the take down because u are washing and conditioning every two weeks. am getting more and more curious about henna...esp the new henna u just tried.

also, my bb went crazy and am awaiting my new bb
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th March 2011, 5:57 pm

I can't wait to see the mini twists!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2011, 4:16 am

LOL@Jazzwife, I that time sounds about right now............ Laughing . Thanks.

@BBD, I hope so. 3 months of summer fun............ Laughing .

@Dajewel, thanks for the input. I did my first session this week (1 week ahead of schedule). It was a 3 hour sit..............smh.........not happy..... Laughing . And I still have to make them smaller............. Rolling Eyes .
I really liked that henna. Great color, easy rinse out, and milder smell. TRY IT bounce .
Patiently awaiting bbm fix bounce

@Sweet, thank you Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2011, 4:50 am

HELLO DOLLS,

Well, I am back on my fitness grind. Treadmill 3 times a week and weights 3 times a week. My goal is to loss 20 lbs and be toned by my birthday, June 1st. I went on a 10 day detox of just veggies, fruits, water and hot green tea and loss 5 lbs. cheers . So now I am a calorie counter, never thought I would be one but here I am..... Laughing . To my surprise, I don't take in enough calories. So now i am thnking the body may be in starvation mode, trying to hold on to the fat...no good. So I have been eating more healthy calories and still drinking water and tea.

With this new fitness regimen, my every 2 week wash seems to be a thing of the past. I washed this week (1 week early) because my roots were messing with my style..... Laughing . So I prepooed in twists with Vatika Frosting and covered with plastic cap overnight. Shampooed in twists with castille mix and added KOILS BY NATURE DC, covered and waited 3 hours before rinsing out my twists with cold water. (I must say I like this conditioner. It melts into my strands just like Oyin honey hemp and Hairveda's DC. That creamy but light consistancy seems to work better than the AO HSR consistancy.) Next I untwisted and retwisted dividing each twists into 2 twists. I applied Hairveda's Shitaki oil then KOILS BY NATURE watermelon butter and detangled along the way. They both melted into my strands and my hair became quite soft. I also dusted a few twists ends that were not meeting my standards. Now, my usual twist time is 1 hour flat. This time it took me 3 HOURS......... Rolling Eyes ..........I was not happy, AT ALL. I have medium twists now and don't really know if I want to go any further....smh. But I am not a quiter, so even though I may not go down to mini size, I will get them small enough for my liking. So I am determined to keep these set in for 2 weeks before wash day.
Result: I like them. I can do ponytails and I plan to roll the ends for Sunday service.

I will post pics later.

OK THAT IS ALL FOR NOW.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND DOLLS I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th March 2011, 7:42 am

Happy Friday IB,

Your fitness goal sounds doable and plan is on point. For sure if you are not getting enough calories your body will hold on to any everything you put in it. Lean proteins, fiber, veggies and fruits. H20 always. You should do just fine. When I lost my weight, I really didn't focus on exercising - changing my eating habits did the trick. Now if I decided to exercise it usually consisted of walking and that was just an addd bonus. Good luck.

As for hair, Destiny sounds like she is doing really well. For me I'm twisted up and plan to untwist for the weekend and retwist on Sunday. Every two week wash cycle. Itchy scalp has subsided greatly so I can go longer now between wash cycles.

Enjoy.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 25th March 2011, 5:27 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hello Dolls:
I will wash in 2 weeks which would involve prepoo, wash, deep condition in twists then untwist, detangle and retwist making 2 more twists out of every one twist. I will do this every 2 weeks for 3 cycles. I should have mini twists by then.

this sounds genius!!!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th March 2011, 3:22 am

@BBD, thank you. I am definitely not taking in enough calories. My diet is pretty good. I dont eat fast food and love fruits and veggies anyway. But I must admit when I am home I forget to eat and drink. I am too busy doing everything else and making sure everyone else is fed but forget about myself. Do you know I was checking the last time I had a GYN appt and it was May of 09 Shocked ? RIDICULOUS!! I made sure everyone else got to their well visits and appts but I neglected my eye md, primary md, and gyn md for the whole of 2010.....................smh................. Rolling Eyes . The only thing I manage to get to was my dental office appt.....lol.....and that's only because they call to confirm.......lol.
So now I am being more conscious of my needs to stay completely healthy.

I am glad your scalp is doing great now. I was loving the every 2 weeks for sure. But we will see with this new fitness schedule how that will work. Rolling Eyes . Are you still oiling your scalp?

@Kea, GIIRRRLL, I don't know how genius it is just yet. I will let you know on my 2nd wash.................... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th March 2011, 9:15 am

Morning IB...

I know you may have to be mindful of your time, but I sure would like to know how long it would take for you to go from medium to mini!! 3 hrs...wow that takes patience which I don't have a lot of...lol

Can't wait to see the pictures, and please go and get your annual check-ups soon....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th March 2011, 5:03 pm

IB...

I love your avi! What did you do to get hair like that? ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th March 2011, 12:00 am

@KNH, I forgot to put up pics Laughing . I will put up tom afternoon some time. Making appt on Monday too. Rolling Eyes

@RYL, check out page 14 for the scoop on the avi hair Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th March 2011, 9:56 am

OMG IB, GYN is the most important exam I get if nothing else. I am faithful every year to get my annual exam. I had a scare a few years ago, when I got an abnormal pap back - thank GOD it was nothing major - but it told me how important they are. Please take care of yourself and get your doctor appointments lined up. I'm terrified of cancer - it runs in my family. Early detection is key. I just had my first mammogram this past January.

MAKE THOSE DOC APPOINTMENTS!!!!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th March 2011, 10:09 am

Hey IB,

Looks like you have your regimen down for your twists and your fitness goals also. I've also been cutting back on so many processed foods and sugars. Its hard but worth it in the end. How do you like the Koils By Nature DC? I didn't even realize they had one until I was on the website recently.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th March 2011, 8:21 pm

FINALLY PICS...LOL

length check in the beginning of my mini twist adventure. Almost armpit.
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 16 Journe10

TWISTS AFTER WASH AND CONDITION
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 16 Journe11

TWISTS AFTER DIVIDING IN 2
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 16 Journe13

TWISTS COMPLETE AFTER 3 HOURS:
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 16 Journe12

WELL IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO TO GET TO MINI TWISTS...... Rolling Eyes . SO I WILL JUST HANG ON AND ENJOY THE RIDE....................... Laughing .

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next