CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th March 2011, 3:37 am

I saw your avatar in my thread and I came a running!!! Beautiful!!! Love your braid-out results.

You've had a lot of growth, and retained some length. Great Job IB of taking care of your hair!!

WOW!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by sweetdrk1 7th March 2011, 6:47 pm

I love the new Avi! Just beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th March 2011, 9:01 pm

your hair looks great!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th March 2011, 10:44 pm

Beautiful avatar! Congrats on two years of being relaxer free. Your hair looks great. You are truly taking care of your tresses.

That braid out was absolutely gorgeous, I love you it!

I am on the fence with the TT. I think I will keep with my fingers and detangling comb. Like you wrote, if it is now broke don't fix it.

It would be great if you were able to come down to Baltimore Saturday, March 26. I know a few people are planning to attend.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 7th March 2011, 10:50 pm

Hey IB! Your avi is gorgeous.
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 8th March 2011, 12:59 am

hair = wowzers!!! Shocked

i totally agree that if you already have something working for you, then don't go outta your way to change it... recently, i've been getting a lot of advice about "what i should do w/all that hair on top of my head" (from friends, family, my elders...everyone) and i'm just like, i don't feel a need to change anything!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 8th March 2011, 1:20 pm

Hello IB!!! How are you doing? I am just know trying to become a regular participant over in CSJ..

So very true one of the best lessons I learned in this journey was that if its not broke don't fix it but I am a PJ and am always trying to try whats "in".

Your hair looks FABULOUS in those recent pics!!! I love the braid out I might have to revisit that style also as I have been sticking to twists and twists out!!!

Just dropping by to say hello!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th March 2011, 1:44 pm

Love the new avi - great braid-out results too!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2011, 5:16 am

Thank you ladies for your encouraging words of kindness.

@Chrs, I would love to go to Baltimore but I have to work Crying or Very sad . Maybe next time.

@Hey Laleepop, great of you to stop by. I am well. Thanks. When are you going to take up residence at CSJ? Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2011, 5:24 am

Hello Dolls,
So I wore that braid out for 4 days. It got bigger every day and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT Laughing . Hubby and the boys loved it too. Very Happy

The church trip for the children was great! Everyone had fun! Now the next event is my hubby's birthday. I have some special things planned for him.

Destiny is in a huge braid out ponypuff with bangs right now. But I am trying to figure out what to do with my hair for hubby's birthday weekend. It is not time to wash. So maybe an elegant french roll with bangs, maybe another braid out, a twist out, a twist n curl, a roller set...........grrrrr. So many options. We will see.......

I will try to post a pic of my huge day 3-4 hair later.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK DOLLS!!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th March 2011, 2:40 pm

Great news all around .... Destiny looks FAB.

BTW, happy belated Anniversary ... sorry I hadn't posted that sooner.

Time is moving too fast ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th March 2011, 9:42 am

I can't wait to see pictures of day 3-4....I bet it was HOT!!!

I don't check in ofter, but I had to stop by and say hi!! Take care
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th March 2011, 7:02 pm

Hey IB,
Saw your avi in another thread. Your hair is gorgeous. It looks so lush, full, and healthy.

Beautiful avi by the way! Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th March 2011, 5:40 am

Thank you ladies. I appreciate you stopping by and expressing some love for Destiny's progress. I will put up pics soon, KNH.

Hello Dolls,

I have been a part of CN's family forum for going on 2 yrs now. So I feel comfortable in expressing my insecurities about Destiny. Who knows, maybe someone else feels the way I do and can benefit as well.
So here goes!
Even though, I love Destiny's progress and all the different styles she can do. I can't get over how she looks compared to how she feels. It is an inward frustration that I have always had but figured as my hair grew longer, just maybe it would change or my mindset would change. Well, nothing has changed.
I notice it most when I take pics of Destiny. The hair looks thick (which doesn't bother me) and rough(this bothers me), imo. But it is actually fine to medium, dense and soft. Even my hubby would touch my hair at times and say "oh, it's soft" Shocked . I truly believe it is because it looks hard or rough. Now at times my hair actually looks soft but those are at times, not all the time. And I haven't figured out when that is exactly, because it s not often enough.
I have a real fear that this is just the texture of my hair and I need to wrap my mind around that. Still mentally transitioning, I suppose.

Anyway, I just wanted to finally get that off my chest.

Hubby's birthday is today. I have a fun weekend planned for just the 2 of us cheers . Haven't decided what to do with my hair yet, though. We will see......

Anyway, thanks for reading. Have a great weekend!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th March 2011, 10:46 am

Morning IB,

I understand totally what you are saying. I have that same look at times too with Bella. I chalk it up to being a natural diva (lol). There are times when my hair looks and feels super soft (which I love) ... but I blame myself because I can never go back and figure out what I did differently to achieve that look. I need to keep better notes of what I do. I do know that less is best for Bella.

Our hair is still defining itself ... I believe I still have a ways too go before I see the final outcome of being natural. I still consider myself a transitioner in some respects because I'm still learning and my hair is still evolving.

It's a daily process ... you either love it or hate it.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th March 2011, 1:24 am

Hey BBD,

Thank you!! You really addressed my frustration in an excellent way when you said,

"Our hair is still defining itself ... I believe I still have a ways too go before I see the final outcome of being natural. I still consider myself a transitioner in some respects because I'm still learning and my hair is still evolving."

I know I haven't arrived with knowing all there is to know about Destiny and managing her, for sure. And I agree that maybe if I did go back to my note taking again I can see what helps me to achieve that look.

Then again, I am afraid that the perception I have of her, if it is truly my texture therefore something I can't "fix," is a little distorted. Trying to make my texture do or become something it can't. Rolling Eyes I don't want to fall into that trap either.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th March 2011, 4:25 pm

This right here is why I love this forum. The honesty, the openess and most importantly the support!

you are not alone AND I don't know what you mean by looking rough...but I do know that no matter what anyone else says...your opinion of self matters the most.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th March 2011, 7:28 am

Happy Monday IB,

Just checking in and passing through ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 14th March 2011, 1:47 pm

Wow! Those pictures are gorgeous! One of the best braidouts I ever did see! Smile
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 14th March 2011, 1:48 pm

Oh, and from the pictures, you hair in no way looks rough to me! Rough?! Shocked
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 14th March 2011, 9:03 pm

I love love LOVE that braidout on the previous page, almost makes me want to re-wash my hair and do one Smile Your hair is looking awesome!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2011, 2:28 pm

Hey IB...

I know just what you mean. I can't figure out from style to style what Penny is going to look like or feel like. Yesterday I wore a twist out, and it did the exact same thing I did on New Year's Eve, but my hair was soft, but this time looked rough to me and all over the place. Not sure what I did differently, but I guess with natural hair you have to allow your hair to be your guide/boss.

You know what I mean?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th March 2011, 2:56 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:This right here is why I love this forum. The honesty, the openess and most importantly the support!

you are not alone AND I don't know what you mean by looking rough...but I do know that no matter what anyone else says...your opinion of self matters the most.

Hi Sweet, yes "rough" as in looking "hard"...... Laughing. I agree with you on "only my opinion matters" but in this case I need to know if this is my texture looking hard or is there something I am missing. I am open to advice or suggestions. Smile

Jo Somebody wrote:Wow! Those pictures are gorgeous! One of the best braidouts I ever did see! Smile

Jo Somebody wrote:Oh, and from the pictures, you hair in no way looks rough to me! Rough?! Shocked

Aww thanks Jo. And thanks for stopping by and commenting. Smile

Muz wrote:I love love LOVE that braidout on the previous page, almost makes me want to re-wash my hair and do one Smile Your hair is looking awesome!

Thanks Muz. Long time I havent stopped by you. I have to go check you out!! Smile

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey IB...

I know just what you mean. I can't figure out from style to style what Penny is going to look like or feel like. Yesterday I wore a twist out, and it did the exact same thing I did on New Year's Eve, but my hair was soft, but this time looked rough to me and all over the place. Not sure what I did differently, but I guess with natural hair you have to allow your hair to be your guide/boss.

You know what I mean?

Thank KNH. It can be very frustrating. And your last statement of "allowing it to be your guide/boss", is what I am trying to figure out. Is it just my natural hair texture or am I missing something. scratch
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th March 2011, 3:08 pm

PICS NOW AND UPDATE LATER:

4 DAY BRAID OUT (EXCUSE THE FACE. I WAS TIRED)
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Braido10

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Braido11

OUT TO DINNER FOR HUBBY BIRTHDAY HAIR (NOT WHAT I EXPECTED SO TRIED TO WASH N GO)
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Braido12

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Braido13

NEXT DAY HAIR
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Braido14

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 15 Braido15

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th March 2011, 3:56 pm

IB....

That braid out is really framing your face...very pretty!!! Love the washNgo as well. Looking good over here chica....tired never looked so good!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next