CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I KNOW if my hair is protein sensitive?

2 posters

Go down

How do I KNOW if my hair is protein sensitive?  Empty How do I KNOW if my hair is protein sensitive?

Post by chynadoll8799 28th August 2010, 10:58 pm

between all the new transitioning information, products ive tried that work, dont work. styles that work, dont work, should i bc, should I NOT? should i flat iron, shoudl i press? i cant keep it all straight! the protein sensitivity, the henna, the acv rinces, the hair types, the moisturizers. Need I go on?
protein sensitivity is one thing I truly dont understand. i've read the threads and i stll cant figure out if my hair is protein sensitive or not? and if so, what do I DO about it?

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

How do I KNOW if my hair is protein sensitive?  Empty Re: How do I KNOW if my hair is protein sensitive?

Post by Naturally Zee 29th August 2010, 12:54 am

chynadoll8799 wrote:between all the new transitioning information, products ive tried that work, dont work. styles that work, dont work, should i bc, should I NOT? should i flat iron, shoudl i press? i cant keep it all straight! the protein sensitivity, the henna, the acv rinces, the hair types, the moisturizers. Need I go on?
protein sensitivity is one thing I truly dont understand. i've read the threads and i stll cant figure out if my hair is protein sensitive or not? and if so, what do I DO about it?

Protein sensitivty is one thing and protein overload is another. If your hair is hard, dry, and sanps when pulled. Then you have a protein overload. Try this: On wet hair, take a strand and pull it. If is stretches a little, then you're good. If it snaps then you've got toomuch protein. A really good article can be found from http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69
If your hair just stretches, then you've got too much moisture.
Check out all of her articles, she's good.

You may not be sensitive to protein, just be using it too much. Look at your labels for words like amino, collagen, or protein (In the first 5 ingredients) it's a protein product. Try going 2 weeks without protein and see how your hair does. You can look thru the archives of AuNaturale's blog to find out more names of proteins.

Do moisturizing DCs at least once a week with heat. Don't use egg or mayo! You can try an HH condish with oils and heat (I like HEHH). A few sessions of that should add some stretch (moisture)to you hair strands.

If your hair thrives without the protein products, use protein free ones and
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down