CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you know when your hair is sensitive to protein?

5 posters

Go down

How do you know when your hair is sensitive to protein? Empty How do you know when your hair is sensitive to protein?

Post by psbest 15th January 2011, 11:24 am

I am currently doing an avocado treatment and while applying my hair felt kind of dry but I havent washed it out yet so hopefully everything turns out ok when I wash it out. ... Does this mean my hair doesnt like protein or this is what the treatment usually feels like while applying to the hair?
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

How do you know when your hair is sensitive to protein? Empty Re: How do you know when your hair is sensitive to protein?

Post by creolebeauty1 15th January 2011, 1:34 pm

Avocado has protein ?
I read a long time ago that protein sensitivity is actually a myth because our hair is made of mostly protein to begin with and a protein treatment will make your hair hard than afterwards we suppose to follow with a moisturizing treatment to balance it out and bring the hair back , also if doing protein treatments to try to avoid protein overload by not using to many protein based products daily i ma be wrong but this is what i have read and do to may hair and it seem to be working fine
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

How do you know when your hair is sensitive to protein? Empty Re: How do you know when your hair is sensitive to protein?

Post by psbest 15th January 2011, 2:50 pm

I was watching youtube videos and some people said that it avocado was protein and some said it was use for a deep conditioning treatment. I place to wash it out and put some giovanni in it afterwards. I am about to wash it out now and tell you how it feels. I was just curious and thank you!!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 15th January 2011, 3:08 pm

My hair feels a lot thicker for some reason even though it is already thick and feel stronger. It seems to hold the moisture much better now. I think this is a keeper. Thanks girl!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 15th January 2011, 5:13 pm

okay Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 16th January 2011, 12:57 am

I think avocado is sort of like a cholesterol treatment... it strengthens and thickens, but I am not one hundred percent sure of its protein content (if any).
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 16th January 2011, 1:07 am

Avocado does contain protein
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 16th January 2011, 1:15 am

I love your hair style @justicenga
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 16th January 2011, 1:50 am

I've been using avocado in my DC for about 2 months now and have no problem (I love avocado!! my hair always feels soft, thick, and moist afterward)..I didnt know avocado had protein in it though..I mix mines with aubrey HSR, coconut oil, castor oil, and jojoba oil so its more of a moisturizing DC for me..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 16th January 2011, 2:23 am

Thanks rayray19. I may need to add more oils as well.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 16th January 2011, 8:21 pm

Thanks psbest!
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down