CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

+20
Lynnieluve
coilykinks
LaToya28
laleepop14
thetiffany
KinkyNappyHappy
Treece
Intelligentbeauty
NhappyJackie
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
poeticlyspkng
priceless
kim
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
CocoEuro
freckledmom4
summerbreeze76
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th October 2010, 9:45 pm

Your WnG looks great! One way to preserve it it to spritz it with a mix of water and a little bit of your favorite conditioner and seal with your favorite oil. You can even add a bit of your favorite oil to the mix. A good mix would be 90% water and/or aloe vera juice or gel and 10% conditioner. If you add oil, you can decrease the water by about 5% and add 5% of the oil. You can start with a small 4 oz spray bottle (I get mine from Target or the dollar store) and play around with the mix until it is right. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by sweetdrk1 4th October 2010, 10:08 pm

I agree with everyone! Beautiful hair! Listen to what Chrs and that will help maintain. Good luck!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th October 2010, 3:35 am

Welcome!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 5th October 2010, 11:08 am

Hey SummerBreeze, your WnG is so cute!!!! Like Chrs and Sweet have recommended, you can refresh with a spray bottle of water and a little conditioner.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 17th October 2010, 6:04 pm

Hey yall!! I've been wanting to try these for some time. Last week and this weekend i tried them. I think they came out okay. I used that Gel that Nikki recommended by Garnier for the first set and yesterday i used Koils by Nature. Here are a few pics!

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 04111

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 04510

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 05210

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 07310

Thats it. I think it came out better this weekend, but i did not take Pics.

I also just received my order from Hairveda. I got the Vatika Frosting and the Almond Glaze. I have to say I am not loving the smell of the Vatika Frosting. I used it today in my daugters hair as a PrePoo. I guess i will use it next weekend as a PrePoo on mine. Im still kinda confused about it. The almond Glaze has a nice smell to it.

summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th October 2010, 6:08 pm

Lol, she shoppin, the PJ bug has bitten! Koils by nature is my favorite products these days!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th October 2010, 7:24 am

Hi there,
Stopping by your residence. Beautiful hair pics. You seem like you were natural before? Great job!!
cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th October 2010, 10:12 pm

[quote="sweetdrk1"]Lol, she shoppin, the PJ bug has bitten! Koils by nature is my favorite products these days![/quote

Yeah i am certaibly a PJ. Thanks for visiting.

Last edited by summerbreeze76 on 18th October 2010, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th October 2010, 10:13 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hi there,
Stopping by your residence. Beautiful hair pics. You seem like you were natural before? Great job!!
cheers

No i wasn't Natural before. Thank you for the compliment and thanks for visiting.!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 18th October 2010, 11:08 pm

Your Chunky twists are cute! Very Happy I gotta try that some time.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 19th October 2010, 8:39 am

Treece wrote:Your Chunky twists are cute! Very Happy I gotta try that some time.

Thank You!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd October 2010, 6:24 pm

For the Hairveda Vatika frosting, you can use it to pre-poo, seal in your moisture, as a hot oil treatment and as an oil rinse. I typically sit it in some hot water to allow it to melt then use it to seal.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 7:24 am

What I love about the Vatika frosting...is the smell. I've used is a a pre-poo...not sure what the real purpose of pre-poo'ing because I really can't tell the difference no matter what oils I've used. (I'm sure it's me)

I can't wait to see what you think about the almond glaze. I want to try other HairVeda products, but every time I log on...I get confused as to what I should try...LOL

Love your twist out...you are doing a great job with your hair!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 28th October 2010, 9:20 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:What I love about the Vatika frosting...is the smell. I've used is a a pre-poo...not sure what the real purpose of pre-poo'ing because I really can't tell the difference no matter what oils I've used. (I'm sure it's me)

I can't wait to see what you think about the almond glaze. I want to try other HairVeda products, but every time I log on...I get confused as to what I should try...LOL

Love your twist out...you are doing a great job with your hair!!

Thank You.

I really like the Almond Glaze. I luve the smell. I twisted my hair into Mini-twists using Almond Glaze and Koils by nature Gel. I still need to post those pics, but it turned out pretty well. I had them in 8 days and have been wearing a twist-out since Tuesday.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 14th November 2010, 10:49 am

Hey Ladies!! Here are a few pics from two different sets of Mini-twists. Both sets took about 5-6 hour to do. The first set, I turned a Chunky twist out into mini-twists. The second was after a Henna Treatment. I used KBN Gel and Hairveda's Almond Glaze (luv this stuff) for both sets. I kept the first set in for about 7 days, I still have the second set in, i plan on redoing the front and hopefully getting another week out of them. Enjoy!

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 02010

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 01212

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 03410

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 03510

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 04610

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 08210

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 06210

My baby had to get in on the Action:Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 07310

2nd Set:
After the Henna Treament I put my hair into Chunky Twists and put on a Tam. I mini-twisted the next day.

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 00610

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 02910

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 04710

Excuse my makeup, it looks crazy, lol
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 04910

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 05010

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 05210

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 2 05410
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th November 2010, 10:53 am

You rocked those mini twists! Did you twist on dry hair? I love, love the pin up style! Werk it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 14th November 2010, 11:26 am

love your mini twist! your little girl is adorable!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 14th November 2010, 1:35 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:You rocked those mini twists! Did you twist on dry hair? I love, love the pin up style! Werk it!

Thank You so much. I twisted mostly on dry hair. I used my spray bottle of water, conditioner and jojoba oil to wet my hair slightly.

Last edited by summerbreeze76 on 14th November 2010, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 14th November 2010, 1:36 pm

thetiffany wrote:love your mini twist! your little girl is adorable!

Thank You!!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 15th November 2010, 3:03 pm

Your twists are sooo cute and it looks like you can do so many things with them!!! I have been meaning to try a style like this but dont know where to start. Do you start from the back/front? Do you make parts or just freestyle it? Do you have a style in mind or what? And how long does it usually take to do...Im gonna actually start a thread in stylin n profilin.. I have a ton of questions for people who do twists...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 15th November 2010, 4:20 pm

laleepop14 wrote:Your twists are sooo cute and it looks like you can do so many things with them!!! I have been meaning to try a style like this but dont know where to start. Do you start from the back/front? Do you make parts or just freestyle it? Do you have a style in mind or what? And how long does it usually take to do...Im gonna actually start a thread in stylin n profilin.. I have a ton of questions for people who do twists...

Thank You.

I also posted this in the thread you started over in stylin n profilin:

Hey laleepop

I usually start my twists off in the back and i just grab and go. They usually come out pretty neat. Maybe i will try to comb thing.

No i dont really have a style in mind. My bang area is basically straight. Im not sure if it has heat damage or if that is just my curl pattern. so whatever way i am wearing them i do something else with that area.

I typically use Koils by Nature Gel and Hairvedas Almond Glaze. I also like Shealoe. Ive twisted on wet and dry hair and my spray bottle which usually consists of water, conditioner and some type of oil is always nearby to refresh. I refresh with it daily as well it seems to help with getting the twist back in order after sleeping.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 15th November 2010, 4:42 pm

I love your mini twists! I see that a lot of ladies are doing them now as a protective style. I can't wait until I have enough hair to do them. Good job!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 15th November 2010, 6:27 pm

LaToya28 wrote:I love your mini twists! I see that a lot of ladies are doing them now as a protective style. I can't wait until I have enough hair to do them. Good job!

Thank You!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 16th November 2010, 12:50 am

Hey Summer! Your hair is gorgeous and the mini-twists are really cute.

I also love your wng, I was never able to get a really nice wng-kudos for you.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 16th November 2010, 3:42 pm

coilykinks wrote:Hey Summer! Your hair is gorgeous and the mini-twists are really cute.

I also love your wng, I was never able to get a really nice wng-kudos for you.

Thank You!!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next