CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

+20
Lynnieluve
coilykinks
LaToya28
laleepop14
thetiffany
KinkyNappyHappy
Treece
Intelligentbeauty
NhappyJackie
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
poeticlyspkng
priceless
kim
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
CocoEuro
freckledmom4
summerbreeze76
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by summerbreeze76 17th January 2011, 8:29 pm

Here are the pics.

I see that i need to work on the back so that the parts dont show as much. Do you all think i need to do them smaller? Whatever I have to do it will have to wait at least until the weekend.

If I could get away with wearing my hair like this for a while I would. This is what i looked like at work for four days last week b/c my curls were gone and i was too afraid of the flat iron.
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 00110

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 01110

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 02410

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 02610

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 02710

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 03710

Me playing around with it for work tomorrow:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 04110

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 04310

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 05911

Attempt at it pinned up. I will try and get it more neat for work
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 06210

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 04910

Thats it!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by summerbreeze76 17th January 2011, 11:34 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Well....so much has gone on in the last few days I don't know where to start, but I admire you for going to the salon and getting your ends cut. I was trying to hold on to mine like an ole boyfriend.

Just keep taking care of your hair and you will see growth in no time.

I kinda laughed inside when you were talking about how long it took you to do your hair. I was like yeah....it use to take me 2 hrs and yesterday it took 5...I'm like really!! I know I can't leave out a step, but it is talking all day now!! So I know how you feel.

Hang in there, and I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm sure it's very cute!!

Thank you KNH.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th January 2011, 1:03 am

it looks great! it will be back in no time flat!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th January 2011, 1:16 am

Your twist look fine to me. If you do them a little bit smaller and use the brick method, it should cover the parts up better.

Check out #7 in the blog post for the brick method.

http://newlynatural.com/blog/2009/10/my-tips-for-twists-done-on-dry-hair/
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th January 2011, 11:03 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:it looks great! it will be back in no time flat!

Thanks Sweet!

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist look fine to me. If you do them a little bit smaller and use the brick method, it should cover the parts up better.

Check out #7 in the blog post for the brick method.

http://newlynatural.com/blog/2009/10/my-tips-for-twists-done-on-dry-hair/

Thanks Lynnie for the link. Im going to try that next time, seems like it might be kinda difficult unless i can figure how to situate myself with a mirror in front and back. I usually twist my hair in the Family Room while watching tv. We will see.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 12:54 pm

Hi Summerbreeze, I think your twists look great. Seems you have mastered flat twisting at the roots which I have yet to accomplish!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th January 2011, 9:25 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hi Summerbreeze, I think your twists look great. Seems you have mastered flat twisting at the roots which I have yet to accomplish!

Thank You!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 18th January 2011, 9:44 pm

I like your twists Good job!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th January 2011, 9:59 pm

coilykinks wrote:I like your twists Good job!

Thank U!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 23rd January 2011, 4:57 pm

Hey Ladies,

Today is wash and retwist day for me. I will probably use the same products as the last time. I still haven't used my Cocosta Oil from Hairveda or my Qhemets stuff. I will get to them at some point.

I wanted to share my twist-out from the twists i did on Monday. My hair turned out better than i thought it would have. Im really starting to digg the shorter do. My ends are curling up so beautifully. I needed that cut. I feel like what most of you probably felt like after you BC'd.

Have a wonderful week. Now about to watch my Bears whoop some booty Go BEARS!!

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 01010

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 01610

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 02310

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 5 02711

summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 23rd January 2011, 5:50 pm

Very nice first twist out ladies.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd January 2011, 7:44 pm

go head! It looks good! I just smiled when I saw the title! I am happy you are happy with the hair. It will be back in no time flat!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 23rd January 2011, 9:30 pm

slimwithabs wrote:Very nice first twist out ladies.

sweetdrk1 wrote:go head! It looks good! I just smiled when I saw the title! I am happy you are happy with the hair. It will be back in no time flat!

Thank You ladies!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 28th March 2011, 12:28 am

Hey Ladies, Ive been neglecting my CurlStreet Journal. I haven't been doing too much different with my hair, but after a hectic March, i am ready to start showng Faith a bit more luv.

I have some thoughts about Products and wanted to put them out there and hear what you guys have to say: I made a whole bunch of purchases over Thanksgiving. I had such high hopes for two of them. Darcy's Botanical and Qhemets. So far they have both disappointed me. In all honesty I need to give Qhemets a couple more tries. Ive only used the Heavy Cream once, but it made my hair a bit oily and stringy looking. I will revisit it at some point, but everytime i pull it out i remember what my hair looked like and i stick i back under the counter. Now Darcy's I have used repeatedly. My hair hated the DC, the leave-in is just not equal to Kimmay-tube or Giovanni Direct LI, and the Madagascar Vanilla Cream is just not getting it. I dont even like its consistency. Oh well Faith cant like it all.

Surprisingly the two other products that i ordered, Hairveda and Shescentit, have been wonderful. I only ordered conditioners from Shescentits, so I need to revisit getting a styler from them. Hairveda OMG let me say it again Hairveda!!!!! I have luved everything Ive tried from them. The Cocasta Oil, the DC, almond glaze. The crazy thing is that the thing i love most from Hairveda has been sitting under my sink for months b4 i tried it. I got a sample of Whipped Creme Ends Hydration last May and i recently decided to give a try on my Twists a month ago. Well Ive used it twice for twisting and each time my twist out has been so fluffy and defined. I could kick myself for not having used it earlier, but for some reason since in is more creamy, like a lotion, I did not think it would fair well for a good twist out. I only had a very small sample, so Im out of it now. I tried to order more last week, but they were having a sale and of course it was sold out.

Anyway this was to be a short post, but the morale of this Novella is that Im tired of being a PJ and i need to simplify and use what works. Also Im tired of spending my money on stuff that does not measure up for Faith. My stables will be Hairveda, Shescentit, Sheamoisture deep Mask and Burnt Sugar Pomade to seal. Hopefully i will do something great with my hair next weekend and be able to post. Until then have a great week Curlies.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th March 2011, 9:50 am

Hey SB,

I would say for now not to give up on the Qhemet or DB - revisit them later on in your natural journey. You may be surpised. I too, bought a bunch of products and initially some didn't work - but I kept them and revisited later down the line - now I love them. Maybe in the beginning I was using them the wrong way or my hair may have not been ready for them, idk?

But I'm glad you found products that work for you now, I would say stick to those that make you and your hair happy. We all keep searching for that miracle product - I don't know if I'll ever find it, but may come close.

Happy Monday.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th March 2011, 10:11 am

Hey we missed you! Welcome back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2011, 1:47 pm

Welcome back!!! Darcy's DC didn't work for me so I gave it away. I just tried the Qhemet Biologics for the first time and so far so good. Maybe the AOHC is too heavy for your hair or you used too much. You only need a little bit. I did mini twist and I barely put a dent in the product. You should try it again before you give up on it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5