CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

+20
Lynnieluve
coilykinks
LaToya28
laleepop14
thetiffany
KinkyNappyHappy
Treece
Intelligentbeauty
NhappyJackie
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
poeticlyspkng
priceless
kim
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
CocoEuro
freckledmom4
summerbreeze76
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Empty Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by summerbreeze76 5th August 2010, 11:45 pm

It has taken me a while to come into CS, but i am here now. Ive been a part of CN since March/April and it has really changed my outlook etc regarding natural hair. So here is my story:

Ive always liked big curly hair, i just never quite knew God had blessed me to have it naturally. Like most of us i grew up getting my hair pressed every Sunday before church and then when i turned 11 i was transitioned to the lovely perm. So from 11 on i got touch ups about every 8 weeks.

Fastforward about 20 years, ive moved from Chicago to DC. While at work i meet this girl who has decided to go natural due to damage caused by hair dye and over processing. Well my first response to her was, "why would you want to do that?" LOL. THis girl also decided to BC, which i was not at all interested in. So as she went through her hair journey i had a front row seat and i started to take note. In July 08 for no reason at all i just stopped getting my touch ups. I still dont really know why. I hadnt decided to go natural at that point. So while im doing who knows what, my friends hair is growing like a weed and she is doing all these great things like, wearing fros, twists, twist outs etc. I was intrigued and started to do my own research.

Now we get to Dec 08 and i make the decision to go natural. I started to get 2 or more inches cut off of my hair each time i go to the hair dresser. At times i wanted it to be over and done with, but i was too afaid of the BC. I transitioned for about 21 months. During this phase i tried to wear braid outs and they worked for a while, but the more natural hair i got the more it became difficult for me to manage, so i started Flat Ironing my hair DAILY. In March of '10 i found CN.com and finally got up the nerve to cut the rest of my permed ends off, ( So i guess this was like my BC), i didnt really have many permed ends left. So i was !00% natural as of April 9, 2010. I still find myself cutting straight ends, mostly on the right side of my head, i guess this side got more heat damage. I tell myself that i will let it grow and then cut the damaged ends, but then i try a style and it looks bad on that side and i end up with the scissors in my hands. I think i have gotten just about all of the damaged ends as of last week. LOL

This journey is great, i dont regret my decision at all. I get so much inspiration from youladies and i am a true PJ.

Anyway thats my story and i will try to post some pics.

So should i look at 4/9/10 being my nappiversary date?

Last edited by summerbreeze76 on 28th March 2011, 12:29 am; edited 17 times in total
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by freckledmom4 6th August 2010, 12:17 am

Welcome Summerbreeze! I'm laughing as I read your story because I had to hide my scissors because I kept cutting random straight hairs, but I got those bad boys out again today and snipped off the end of a twist that wouldn't curl right-LOL. I think whatever you choose to be your nappiversary date will not matter as much as the journey along the way. Enjoy!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by summerbreeze76 6th August 2010, 12:19 am

[img][/img]Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Dsc01310

The day i decided to give natural a go
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 6th August 2010, 12:34 am

My BraidOut while transitioning:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Dsc01311

My signature style while transitioning:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Dsc01910

The day i cut the rest of the permed ends off:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Dsc02710

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Dsc02711

My first puff
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Dsc02810

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Dsc02811

More to come later, this is taking longer than i thought.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 6th August 2010, 11:17 am

Congrats and welcome
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th August 2010, 12:22 pm

Congrats and welcome to CS!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th August 2010, 1:52 pm

Welcome!

Glad to see you hear.

Hoping you can make some of the DC meet ups we have in the future. I think you came to the one at Sankofa. Am I correct?

Take care lady!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! Empty I've Finally Named Her!!!!

Post by summerbreeze76 6th September 2010, 7:11 pm

Hey all,

I have finally decided on a name for my hair: FAITH. Ive always loved this word and its meaning, so i thought it was fitting
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 6th September 2010, 7:17 pm

Question for whomever might know the answer: Ive played around with my journal, but cannot seem to figure out how to change the topic while at the same time keeping a running journal. I hope im being clear enough. For example i wanted my latest post to be a part of my total journal, but i also wanted it to have it own title, so people would know it was an update. Every thing i tried either didnt work or it was like i was starting a whole new journal.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 6th September 2010, 10:55 pm

Go to your first post, click edit and change the topic/title. Someone just told me that a few weeks ago.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 7th September 2010, 11:18 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Go to your first post, click edit and change the topic/title. Someone just told me that a few weeks ago.

Thank You!!!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th September 2010, 10:19 pm

Okay here are a few pics. I tried an updo last weekend. It was okay, the pics came out kinda blah and the other are from a twist out after wearing twist for the week. The back really came out good, i just need to work on my front. I always feel like i have to pin i back b/c my bang area will not curl up like the rest of my hair.
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 02411
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 03310
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 05310
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 06310
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 06510
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 07010
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 07110
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 07810
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 07910
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th September 2010, 10:59 pm

Great job pretty lady!

What products did you use?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th September 2010, 11:11 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Great job pretty lady!

What products did you use?

Thank You!!

For the updo, i dont even remember i was really just playing around because my hair was all over my head and i had to make it presentable to leave the house.

After washing, DC, and applying Kimmaytubes LI I twisted my hair using the Sheabutter-Cocoabutter mixture posted on CN a couple of weeks ago.
The video did not specify how much of each incredient, so i improvised: 1/4 C of SheaButter, about 10 of the CCB rounds (they came in small circles from Butters n bars), 1teaspoon castor oil, 2teaspoons of Jojoba, 2teaspoons of Vitamin E, couple drops of Tea Tree Oil, and Speariment essential Oil. I mixed with a hand mixer. The consistency was thinker than Shealoe, didnt know how i would like it, but so far so good.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th September 2010, 5:04 pm

Hey Summerbreeze!

This is my first time over here but you have some gorgeous hair!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 19th September 2010, 5:27 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Summerbreeze!

This is my first time over here but you have some gorgeous hair!
\

Thank you. So do you!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 19th September 2010, 5:51 pm

loving your hair, lots of pretty popping curls.
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 19th September 2010, 11:12 pm

kim wrote:loving your hair, lots of pretty popping curls.

Thank You Kim!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 20th September 2010, 2:56 am

hello frist time visiting i like the story.
At first i really didn't know that when i got my last perm it was really going to be my last perm. I just decided that i would stretch it to see how long i can go. i wore weaves to try to string it out even more when i was trasitioning and one day i said i like my hair in between me get the weaves put in. I thought it will probably look good natural. Finally when i took out my weave in march it was all she wrote i was hook.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th September 2010, 4:27 pm

Your house is the place to be! I've also never been by but I feel like I've been missing out! You have beautiful hair, love that twist out. It looks super shiny and just plain beautiful!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 20th September 2010, 8:11 pm

priceless wrote:hello frist time visiting i like the story.
At first i really didn't know that when i got my last perm it was really going to be my last perm. I just decided that i would stretch it to see how long i can go. i wore weaves to try to string it out even more when i was trasitioning and one day i said i like my hair in between me get the weaves put in. I thought it will probably look good natural. Finally when i took out my weave in march it was all she wrote i was hook.

Thanks for stopping by. I certainly understand about being hooked. Ill be following you as well.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 20th September 2010, 8:12 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Your house is the place to be! I've also never been by but I feel like I've been missing out! You have beautiful hair, love that twist out. It looks super shiny and just plain beautiful!

Thank you, your hair is beautiful too. Ill be looking in your house as well.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroButtafly 21st September 2010, 1:00 pm

Your hair is supercute!
AfroButtafly
AfroButtafly

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 2nd October 2010, 11:11 pm

Ok so i decided to attempt the Wash-n-go again after months of letting it be. I Washed with Pantene Curls ( will not be repurchasing, made my hair feel stripped) and then i detangled with VO5. I then appled Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask, left it on with heat for about 45 mins, jumped back in the shower, rinsed and applied Giovanni Direct Leave-in and a tad bit of Fantasia IC Gel and i shook shook shook, let it dry and voila. I thnk it turned out good, too bad i dont know how to maintain it.

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 02412

url=https://servimg.com/view/15098959/26]Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 02610[/url]

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 03010

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 03710

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 03910

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! 04110

summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 2nd October 2010, 11:12 pm

AfroButtafly wrote:Your hair is supercute!

Thank You!! So is yours.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next