CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!!

+20
priceless
mrsmackey
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
KinkyNappyHappy
Delta87
TheRYL1
pdarden
sweetdrk1
Mom2KurlyT
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
CocoEuro
bholmes87
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
jlowman1
laleepop14
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!!

Post by krazy coils 22nd June 2010, 11:21 am

Hey Laleepop!

Since you recently did your bc you are going to experience some dryness with your hair. Are you currently deep conditioning your hair? This would definitely help bring your moisture levels up.

For the section of your hair which is dryer and tangles you want to give that part of your hair some TLC. Definitely add more moisture by using a leave-in and a good moisturizer. You mentioned that the ORS worked for your relaxed hair but isn't working now. Sometimes products that worked on our relaxed hair won't work on our natural hair so you may have to find a different deep conditioner.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!!

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 11:58 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey Laleepop!

Since you recently did your bc you are going to experience some dryness with your hair. Are you currently deep conditioning your hair? This would definitely help bring your moisture levels up.

For the section of your hair which is dryer and tangles you want to give that part of your hair some TLC. Definitely add more moisture by using a leave-in and a good moisturizer. You mentioned that the ORS worked for your relaxed hair but isn't working now. Sometimes products that worked on our relaxed hair won't work on our natural hair so you may have to find a different deep conditioner.

Thanks krazycoils!!! I am not deep conditioning as much as I would like too and am only doing it once a week. Maybe I should up them to 2 or 3 times a week until I can bring my moisture levels up. Now question do you think that using heat will help better than just letting it sit for an hour or so with no heat???

That is my main problem trying to find something that works for me, but my hair does love the Giovanni's direct leave in and also the garnier fructis leave in. Maybe I should try one of their deep conditioners or use one as a deep conditioning treatment.

Thanks for the feedback..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd June 2010, 12:08 pm

After my bc I did deep condition twice a week because my hair was extremely dry! If you don't want to sit under a dryer put a plastic cap on and then wrap a towel around your head.

You can definitely use one of their conditioners as a dc and you can add oils to it also if you use it that way. I use the Giovanni Smooth as silk as a deep conditioner and I love it. That one does have protein so be careful and alternate with a moisturizing conditioner if you try that one. Garnier has good conditioners also.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 12:13 pm

krazy coils wrote:After my bc I did deep condition twice a week because my hair was extremely dry! If you don't want to sit under a dryer put a plastic cap on and then wrap a towel around your head.

You can definitely use one of their conditioners as a dc and you can add oils to it also if you use it that way. I use the Giovanni Smooth as silk as a deep conditioner and I love it. That one does have protein so be careful and alternate with a moisturizing conditioner if you try that one. Garnier has good conditioners also.

Okay I think that is where my extreme dryness is coming from. I am going to try and up my deep conditioning to twice a week and also try a different conditioner. I love the Giovanni's line and am going to try that Smooth as Silk one and alternate. A deep conditioner is a moisturizing one if the first few ingredients it lists water, correct?? This trial and error thing is sort of killing me and I wish there was a wand I could wave and automatically have the perfect productthat works great for my hair allll year round...LOL..

Thanks again. Im gonna go home and see my products and see what I can substitute for the deep conditioner..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd June 2010, 12:32 pm

For a moisturizing one just make sure it does not have any type of protein in the ingredients.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 12:40 pm

Okay thanks!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 12:42 pm

Hey laleepop! Congrats on your bc. I used to DC twice a week when I first BC'd too. I think it really helped.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 2:07 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Hey laleepop! Congrats on your bc. I used to DC twice a week when I first BC'd too. I think it really helped.

Thank you LaToya28!!!! I am super excited and loving my hair just trying to figure things out is sometimes frustrating. I do appreciate your feedback and am gonna try to up my deep conditioning to about 2 or 3 times a week to see if it makes a difference. Thanks!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3