CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!!

+20
priceless
mrsmackey
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
KinkyNappyHappy
Delta87
TheRYL1
pdarden
sweetdrk1
Mom2KurlyT
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
CocoEuro
bholmes87
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
jlowman1
laleepop14
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!!

Post by laleepop14 26th May 2010, 1:40 pm

Delta87 wrote:I think it is a little different when you go past the TWA stage....you have just enough hair where you can see how gorgeous it will be when it is long but not short enough where it looks really chic. I have had short cuts more than long hair and I have always hated the in between stage. Go online and find pictures of TWA's and you will find some inbetween lengths, look closely at the styles you like and identify why you like them and take them to your hair dresser. I hated my hair after the BC and could not figure out why and I looked at the natural styles with my length that I liked and tried to figure out why I liked them and I noticed that my hair did not have any shape. My hairdresser did not cut much off she just gave my hair some shape. I will post a pic tonight. Also my hair looks better with a wash and go when it is shrunk and coily ( I use Knot Today and Kinky Curly Custard). Yesterday I tried to twist it the night before and it was a weird shaped dry afro LOL. I think I will stick to the wash n go for now Smile

Right, that is my issue. Its not a TWA length, but its not that long either...Its like I got a short cut and am in that in-between stage!!! Thats what I will do look at some pictures and I definitely think that having a shape will make it easier for me than to just have a fro...I want to try a WNG but obviously with my relaxed ends it doesnt look too good.. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. What are some styles you did after your BC?? Or did you just wear WNG's all the time??
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!!

Post by laleepop14 26th May 2010, 1:42 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Laleepop (cute name I agree)

Welcome to CS. I can't see your pictures...I'm sure it has something to do with my work computer. Good luck on your up and coming Big Chop!! I do agree Sweet..check out IB and BBD's thread they both did the big chop after a long tranisition. IB did her's at home with her husband, and BBD went to a salon. They both had great results...

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I am loving your hair in your avatar and trust me I have been stalking your thread for quite some time now also!!!! Im sorry you cant see the pictures maybe when you get home, no one has told me they cant see them so maybe it is your work computer...Crazy how we are all at work and on curly nikki!!!! Its likepart of my job to come on here now...lol.. I am going to check out both thread's and see what they can suggest or offer. Delta87 had some good suggestions too!!!

I will definitely keep everyone updated.. Im ready to go home and do it today. A WNG would have been perfect, it is about 90 here in Jersey today!!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 26th May 2010, 2:19 pm

laleepop14- I tried a twist out the other night but when I woke up my hair was very dry and not cute. Other than the twist out I have just done the wash n go. I have enough hair for a twist out because I have seen naturals on this site with my length and their twist outs look great. I used Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner(I love it), Shine and Define and whipped pudding but this did not work for the twist out. I welcome in suggestions for how to do a twist out. Try the Kinky Curly products for the wash and go, It took me three tries to get the right amount but I did it last night and I like it today.
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 26th May 2010, 3:24 pm

Delta87 wrote:laleepop14- I tried a twist out the other night but when I woke up my hair was very dry and not cute. Other than the twist out I have just done the wash n go. I have enough hair for a twist out because I have seen naturals on this site with my length and their twist outs look great. I used Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner(I love it), Shine and Define and whipped pudding but this did not work for the twist out. I welcome in suggestions for how to do a twist out. Try the Kinky Curly products for the wash and go, It took me three tries to get the right amount but I did it last night and I like it today.

Thanks Delta87.. I have those products on my to get list. I am trying out the whole stack of products I have purchased from recommendations of others. Im a ridiculous product junkie and am trying to slow down. I was saving the all natural products for my natural hair, dotn want to waste any on those relaxed ends...lol... Yes I think for now, or when I BC, I will just be rocking a wash and go also.. Seems like the easiest thing I just dont want it to look like a dry fro.. I mean not right now anyway..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th May 2010, 4:13 pm

Welcome,. welcome, welcome....

Good luck with your BC. I know you'll figure out the right time to do it. I went to a natural salon for the initial BC and went back about a month later for a shape up. I've been doing wash-n-go's and my best ones are with the Kinky Curly products.

I wish I had worn braids a little longer and grew out my hair some. I so badly want to wear twists/twist outs but I'm in the TWA phase and it looks funny to me, although I've seen others rock their TWA twists nicely.

Your pics were really nice and your daughter is a cutie. Can't wait to see your BC results. I'll definitely be checking out your CSJ and your natural hair journey.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th May 2010, 4:21 pm

Hi Laleepop! Welcome! I'm sure your bc will turn out great. When I bc'd a year ago, I allowed my stylist to do it for me. I was already wearing a "halle berry" type cut but man when she finished I only had about an inch of hair on top and the sides were pretty much tapered. You are starting off way ahead of the game! Sometimes I wish I had started the transition while my hair was longer but I was afraid of breakage. You're getting lots of great advice. Take your time and do it only when you're completely ready!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Empty I finally did my BC!!!!!!

Post by laleepop14 28th May 2010, 10:13 am

I was fed up with my relaxed ends and decided to get rid of them last night. I will post some pictures when I get a minute... I feel great and love it, just has to take some time to get used to and I still have very small amounts of relaxed ends but Ill get them over the next few weeks....My shrinkage is an amazing thing and Im gonna try some kind of braid/twist/bantu knot out for the holiday weekend...

I am very very excited to be on my way on this journey of mine.. I do want to thank everyone for all their inspirationa nd sharing your stories, it really has been motivation and support for me...WOW!! Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Icon_eek , but Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 678474 Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 617583 ..... Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th May 2010, 11:19 am

Congrats
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th May 2010, 11:21 am

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pics!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th May 2010, 11:49 am

Congratulations!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th May 2010, 11:50 am

Congrats....good for you. Can't wait to see pics.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 28th May 2010, 1:01 pm

CONGRATS on the BC!!!!!! Now you know we lurve pics over here.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th May 2010, 1:07 pm

You did it!!! Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 617583 CONGRATULATIONS... Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 678474 I can't wait to see your pictures.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 28th May 2010, 1:29 pm

PICS! PICS! PICS! congrats, i'm sure it looks great! Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th May 2010, 3:39 pm

congrats on the bc welcome to the block and can't wait to see the pics enjoy your new journey
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th May 2010, 3:47 pm

Congratz!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 28th May 2010, 5:19 pm

congratulations!
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th May 2010, 5:43 pm

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers congrats!! you know we love pics around here!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 2nd June 2010, 3:21 pm

Thanks everyone!!! I am super excited to get started on this journey. 1 week natural today!!!! I still have to organize my photos, but they are coming, I PROMISE!!!

My shrinkage is amazing!!!!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Empty PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!! LONG OVERDUE, I hope I make up for my absence!!!

Post by laleepop14 14th June 2010, 5:46 pm

Okay so Ive been missing in action just lurking but I promised pictures and here goes... I haven't really been doing too much with my hair since the BC. I do weekly co-washes, shampoo when I use a lot of products which has been once since the BC, and then apply leave in, and then some kin dof oils after that. I then proceed to braid about 6 or so cornrows to the back and take them down in the morning...I am loving having my natural hair, but am also finding that if I dont do something to my hair nightly it will look a hot a** mess in the morning which is a little annoying when I have a ton of other ish to do, especially with a very active 2 year old girl. Also my hair has been extremely dry since I BC'd. I am just now starting to get really focused on a regimen and trying out products and seeing their true effects on my hair. Right now I am using organix coconut milk shampoo(when needed even though its paraben/sulfate free) and conditioner and then I either apply Garnier Fructis Leave in or Giovanni's direct leave in and I am either using organix anti breakage serum (love this!!!) or some virgin cocunut oil.

So here are a few of my pics from the BC and afterwards...

This was me last week with one of my better cornrown out.. Feeling this picture!!! And the next few ones..
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 C3868f2a
Same braid out
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Dd9589dc
Yet again same braid out
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 17cc3cc6
Last week close up of braid out... See how dry it is...
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 F515c7cf
A side shot of the braid out to show some of my length.When you see my TWA below) you wouldnt believe I had this much hair in their!!! LOL
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 10a495cf
Closer shot, same day
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 896e179e
Wild and crazy is how I like it... I take the braids down and fluff to make the parts disappear and go. I can even take them down when I am sitting outside my job sometimes...lol
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 A6ef9931
One thing though I havent learned how to give up my headband and feel that the look isnt complete without one...
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 845c577c
Back shot,a little fuzzy
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Dd697957
Self explanatory
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 91580543
The day after I BC'D WHOA!!! Talk about shrinkage and I WAS NOT LOVING THIS. Dont get me wrong it doesnt look bad, but Im not feeling it. So until I can attempt a WNG perfectly I will be braiding my hair at night and taking it out. I also cannot achieve 2nd day hair without it looking like a matted mess...
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 78547e43
Day after BC
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 455ada5c
RIGHT AFTER BC
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 74ca9468
RIGHT AFTER BC
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 6d106a64
Yes my face is like "WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DO?!?!" I was in such shock but felt great at the same time...
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 01e21b1a
RIGHT BEFORE THE BC!!! The two textures were driviNG me bonkers, I coudlnt deal anymore
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 5b0ba629
Back view before I started chopping
Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 2660010e

Hope you all enjoyed. I hope I made up for being so late with the pictures!!!! I gave you guys more than enough.... Ill be in touch
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th June 2010, 6:49 pm

I am late but welcome!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 15th June 2010, 10:40 am

Thank you Shee!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th June 2010, 8:08 am

I am extremely late. BUT YAYYYY!!! YOU DID IT cheers And you do have a head full of hair!!!
Now moisturize like you are insane to combat the dryness. Try to stay with protective styles for now (twists, twist n curls, flat twists, braids and braid outs). Save the wash n gos until your moisture level is on point. It took me about a month to see that optimal moisture level (fab naked hair). So give yourself some time. Holla at me if you have questions Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 10:33 am

[quote="Intelligentbeauty"]I am extremely late. BUT YAYYYY!!! YOU DID IT cheers And you do have a head full of hair!!!
Now moisturize like you are insane to combat the dryness. Try to stay with protective styles for now (twists, twist n curls, flat twists, braids and braid outs). Save the wash n gos until your moisture level is on point. It took me about a month to see that optimal moisture level (fab naked hair). So give yourself some time. Holla at me if you have questions Very Happy[/quote

Thank you Intelligentbeauty!!! I am having the most problems with keeping my hair moisturized right now. I mean the back of my hair is a totally different texture than the rest and it seems like nothing is getting through to that section of my head...lol.. I have tried some deep conditioners, and other things but nothing seems to be working for that particular section. I dont really have a regimen and maybe I should get one. Wednesday will mark my 1 month BC anniversary. Time flies!!! I have been mainly rocking cornrow outs but find that I cant get the style to last longer than that day and if I put on a bonnet without re braiding I have to put it up into a puff (which I am super excited I can even do!!!) Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! I am definitely not gonna try a wash and go until my moisture level is up. I find this time to be one of the hardest finding what works best for my hiar and I have a ton of stuff at home, but am trying out everything for at least a month to see results...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Empty Okay soooo much to say/ask/rant-

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 10:52 am

Okay so it has almost been a month since my BC and everything is going okay. Here is what I have been doing. I have been braiding about 6 cornrows back and then taking them down in the morning. I have to do this nightly or my hair will look like a big fro. On nights where I am too lazy to braid or just did my daughter's hair, I put on a bonnet and in the morning it is a fro and then I have to apply some gel and do a puff (which I can actually do, another GREAT milestone Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers ).

But here is my issues/concerns, etc. The back of my hair is like a 4F, if that makes any sense, SERIOUSLY. I can literally part my hair and you would think that it is hair on another person's head. Is this going to make finding the right product harder? Because obviously that section needs more love and care than the rest of my hair.

Another concern of mine is that my hair knots and tangles in that particular section like its nobody's business!! Now can this be a result of me still having some small pieces of relaxed ends on my hair since I did the BC myself and cut a little above where the two textures met????

What are some good ways to give my hair moisture? I have some henna I bought and was waiting to be completely natural and am going to attempt that this weekend. But besides that I have just been trying to use cocnut oil and this whipped mix I made of shea butter, coconut oil, and something else. I have some other products but havent used them yet but the back of my hair feels like a brillo pad almost

Here is my so called regimen( not always a guarantee but I try..lol) Weekly I pre poo with coconut oil, then I wash my hair with Organix shampoo depending on how much products I used the previous week( coconut milk, or the vanilla one), then I would follow with their conditioner and detangle and let sit for about 20 minutes or until Im finished detangling and then apply a deep conditioner (lately it has been the ORS deep conditioning thing I bought the bottle because my relaxed hair absolutely LOVED this stuff and gave it softness like no other but it hasnt been working with my natural hair or at least the part in the back and put on a heating cap I have for about 30 min or an hour and then rinse and apply either giovanni's direct leave in or garnier sleek and shine leave in, a little bit of oil and then braid...

My ends are extremely frizzy still and the dryness issue is killing me. I can get it to look shiny and moisturized but it totally doesnt feel that way. I want my hair to feel the way it looks.

Overall I am extremely happy with my decision Ranting and raving. Almost 1 month since my BC!!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers and dont feel the need to wig, weave it up just yet and am sort of enjoying this trial and error stage (SORT OF), but it is very time consuming and frustrating at times. Any advice, word of encouragement, guidance, suggestions, feedback is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next