CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend**

+24
sunbaby
LaToya28
ChrsLvsBks
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
KnottyKinkyMommy
CocoEuro
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
CurlsGalore
CrissyQ
jlowman1
NubieNatty
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
krazy coils
sweetdrk1
LadyMika
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TMS
28 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** - Page 9 Empty Re: TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend**

Post by TMS 31st May 2010, 10:48 pm

CrissyQ wrote:The coils look good, did you do it with a comb?

Thank you! Can you believe that I did it with my fingers!?! I think my hair is too long to do it with a comb or I just don't know how. LOL

LaToya28 wrote:Your coils look so good! Good job lady.

Thanks LaToya!

I'm so glad that we are trying new styles and just in time for summer too! I think I'm going to where a coil out to the Maxwell/Jill Scott concert on Friday.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** - Page 9 Empty Re: TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend**

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st May 2010, 11:18 pm

Hey TMS,
Sorry your twisting didn't go so well. Don't give up. Your coils/coil out looks fantastic.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 31st May 2010, 11:29 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey TMS,
Sorry your twisting didn't go so well. Don't give up. Your coils/coil out looks fantastic.

Thank you! I'm going for a consultation tomorrow for twist. Once I get them professionally done, I will be able to roll from there. However, I am liking the coils.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st May 2010, 11:34 pm

I tried to do coils with a comb... TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** - Page 9 Kopfschuettel...the comb almost got stuck in my hair. Doing it with your fingers are easier IMO.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 31st May 2010, 11:41 pm

The only difference I can see using a comb is getting a tighter coil at the roots.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st June 2010, 2:01 am

Hey TMS.....

Look at you!!!! You are just doing things up in here!!! I love your coils and coil out. That is one style that I've yet to try!! You did a very good job...and your avi is HOT!!!

Looking good girl!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 1st June 2010, 12:46 pm

Those coils are too cute for words. I find it easier to do them with fingers than a comb too.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st June 2010, 2:12 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey TMS.....

Look at you!!!! You are just doing things up in here!!! I love your coils and coil out. That is one style that I've yet to try!! You did a very good job...and your avi is HOT!!!

Looking good girl!!

KNH

Thanks KNH! Happy Tuesday.

Give it a try, I think you will like coils.

NhappyJackie wrote:Those coils are too cute for words. I find it easier to do them with fingers than a comb too.

NJ - Thank you! Yes, it is much easier to use your fingers. And, I find that you don't get any tangles using your fingers.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 1st June 2010, 2:18 pm

Good Morning T!

Your hair looks fab! The coils looked super cute and I am loving the coilout! Your avi looks super cute too. Even though your style didn't turn out as you originally planned, you were able to roll with it. Where are you going for your hair consultation?

PS<<< I LOVE the SheaMoisture!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st June 2010, 2:34 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Good Morning T!

Your hair looks fab! The coils looked super cute and I am loving the coilout! Your avi looks super cute too. Even though your style didn't turn out as you originally planned, you were able to roll with it. Where are you going for your hair consultation?

PS<<< I LOVE the SheaMoisture!

Thanks Femme!

Yeah, I'm liking the coils.

I'm going to a place in East Oakland at 1 today. I'll let you know what I think after I come back. I will be checking out another place in Berkeley called Lazarus in the next couple of weeks. The person at Lazarus said it would $85 for the initial twist and $65 a month thereafter. Seems like a good price.

It's nice that you like SM and you can buy it locally.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 1st June 2010, 6:09 pm

I'm a little late but, your coils look GREAT!!! Love the new avi, too. TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** - Page 9 Icon_smile
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st June 2010, 6:15 pm

Thanks, Sunbaby!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 1st June 2010, 6:15 pm

TMS-- am thinking I may do coils! They look so good on you!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st June 2010, 6:16 pm

Great job on the coils TMS! Awesome coil out and avi. Very cute!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st June 2010, 6:26 pm

NylaCoils wrote:TMS-- am thinking I may do coils! They look so good on you!!

Thank you! Please do the coils and post pics.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Great job on the coils TMS! Awesome coil out and avi. Very cute!

Thanks Poetic!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st June 2010, 6:58 pm

So, I'm getting my hair twisted tomorrow by a professional for $85 bucks. Any advice? I'm taking my Koils by Nature products.

I need to be cute for Maxwell on Friday!!!! He may just call me up on stage and I must be prepared. LOL
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 2nd June 2010, 1:39 pm

Oooooh! I can't wait to see how they turn out! If you like to experience please pass along the information to me. I think that I will need to see someone when it comes time to do my kinky twists.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 2nd June 2010, 1:54 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Oooooh! I can't wait to see how they turn out! If you like to experience please pass along the information to me. I think that I will need to see someone when it comes time to do my kinky twists.

Will do. And, I'll ask her if she does kinky twist. The best thing is that you can catch BART to the shop.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd June 2010, 4:57 pm

Can't wait to see your hair after the professional twist!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd June 2010, 12:49 pm

Am I reading correctly? It will cost $85 for someone to twist your hair or are you getting twist extensions. I know you are in CA but wow?!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 1:47 pm

Waiting on the new du pictures!!! TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** - Page 9 Icon_eek
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd June 2010, 2:03 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Am I reading correctly? It will cost $85 for someone to twist your hair or are you getting twist extensions. I know you are in CA but wow?!

Yes, $85 is correct. No extensions just twist. The cost of living is high in CA from milk to gas.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Waiting on the new du pictures!!! TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** - Page 9 Icon_eek

The stylist said my hair was to short for twist (she didn't think they would hang). So, she did coils with a comb. I will post pics this weekend. I am very pleased with how they look and will definitely go back.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th June 2010, 1:31 am

Your coils and coil out came out great!! It fits you so well.
I need to go and have this done one day. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th June 2010, 6:29 pm

Hey TMS!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 4th June 2010, 8:07 pm

Hey TMS!!! I'm so loving the coils/coil out!!! Your TWA looks so good on you!! I love the funky coil look, too! I rocked them alot last summer!! I'm going to see Maxwell on Tuesday and I need to find a cute style, too!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next