CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend**

+24
sunbaby
LaToya28
ChrsLvsBks
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
KnottyKinkyMommy
CocoEuro
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
CurlsGalore
CrissyQ
jlowman1
NubieNatty
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
krazy coils
sweetdrk1
LadyMika
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TMS
28 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Empty TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend**

Post by TMS 6th May 2010, 1:09 am

Yes, I'm tardy to the party, but now that I'm here, it's on. LOL

I would like to thank NubieNatty and Lynnieluve for encouraging me to join the CSJ family. I am looking forward to the many conversations, suggestions and laughs.

Here's a little of my hair story:

I probably received my first perm at the age of 11 and my last on December 24, 2009. Wow, that's 29 years of denying my natural beautiful hair. Well, I'm not going to dwell on the past; it's all about focusing on the here and now.

A blast from the past and ironically my hair is the same length now

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Me_pos10

Sister, Mommy and Me

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Pic_of10

Texturizer in 2008

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Cruise10

BC 3/18/10

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Hair_p15

At the age of 40, I'm striving for the little girl look of the 70s (Me and my sister -I'm on the right)

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Two_gi10

Last edited by TMS on 3rd June 2010, 2:04 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : Title)
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Empty Re: TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend**

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th May 2010, 8:31 am

Hello TMS

Welcome to CSJ Glad you made and look forward to following your journey.

I love your picture story, and you will be to your 70's girlie look in no time.

Have a great day...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Empty Re: TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend**

Post by TheRYL1 6th May 2010, 9:19 am

Hey TMS...glad to meet you! Loved the pics!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th May 2010, 9:33 am

OMG! I LOVE THE PICS!! TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Icon_smile You'll have your 70s hair soon enough! Welcome to Curl Street! (You can find me and my guitar on the corner near the train station. TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Icon_lol )
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th May 2010, 10:37 am

Wonderful!! I love the pics!!! It's a good thing you joined when you did Lynn was about to hunt yhou down!! hahahahaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 6th May 2010, 11:19 am

Hey TMS your pics are lovely!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 11:23 am

I'm so glad you finally joined the partay!!

I love that blast from the past....that first pic is FIERCE!!!!

Welcome to the Curl Street Journal!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 6th May 2010, 3:08 pm

Heeeeeeey TMS!

Welcome to Curl Street chica! I'm so glad to have another neighbor that is local in real life!!! TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Icon_smile Love the pics! You look just like your Mom!

Feel free to stop by and say wassup!!! Oh and at the meet you said that you swim, where in Hayward?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th May 2010, 3:14 pm

its about dmn time...oh wait, ur my elder..u did say 40 right? EEEK!! let me start over...

**clearing throat**

WELCOME ma'am! im so glad u finally decided to make it over. im looking forward to seeing ur growth. those pics are so cute, u have the same hairline, lol. i know u was LOVIN that bc on the cruise.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th May 2010, 3:18 pm

Loved your story and the pics! Welcome to Curl Street, I'm a newbie myself!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 6th May 2010, 3:35 pm

Thanks ladies for starting my day with a smile.

@ KNH - Thank you. 70s here I come. LOL
@ RYL - Nice to me you, too!
@ Lady Mika - I'll join you with my tambourine.
@ Sweet - Ha! I knew that if I wasn't up and running last night, I wouldn't be able to logon until I joined.
@ Krazy coils - Thank you!
@ Lynnie - Thank you that pic is one of my faves.
@ Hey Femme! Thanks. One day I'll show you a pic of my dad and you'll be like yeah you are your father's child. LOL I swim 3 days a week in Richmond. If you want more info., send me a PM.
@ Nubie - LMBO at Elder! Ok, watch your mouth now! LOL Actually, on the cruise pic, I had a texturizer which was perfect.
@jlowman! - Thank you. *clapping hands* I'm glad that we'll be on this hair journey together.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th May 2010, 3:59 pm

LOL @ Nubie *looking at her with the 40 comment* what you trying to say??

Hey TMS!! *waving*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 6th May 2010, 4:04 pm

Hey Sweet! Nubie has a lot of nerves, huh?! As my great grandmother use to say, "just keepa livin'." TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Icon_lol
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th May 2010, 4:11 pm

well im not too far behind yall oldie (but goodies) cuz i'll be 30 soon! EEEEK!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th May 2010, 4:12 pm

that's right..LOL!

I will be 44 this year and loving every minute!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 6th May 2010, 4:17 pm

lookin' real good sweet. it's funny all throughout my 20s and early 30s i thought 40 was old. now that i'm here, it's no big deal. and, can i tell you that i have such a sense of freedom and confidence that i've never known.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th May 2010, 7:32 pm

Whooo looking at these ages, I left the 20's and is looking forward to the 40's, altho 35 aint too bad. i love being mid 30's. Anywho

TMS, glad to see you here. I see you received your shirts, how long did it take?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 6th May 2010, 7:58 pm

The 30s weren't bad, but so far I'm lovin' being 40 more.

I ordered it on Friday and received them today. I'm going to order a few more this evening. Shipping was $2.50!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 6th May 2010, 10:20 pm

Hey TMS! Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us! Adorable childhood pics! You look exactly like your mother! Like twins!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 6th May 2010, 10:33 pm

Hey TMS! Welcome to CSJ! I like that you're not dwelling on the past, just looking ahead!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 10:09 am

hey old lady TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Icon_razz
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 7th May 2010, 11:24 am

@curlsgalore - thanks for the compliment. it's funny everyone always think i look like my mom, until they see my dad. one day, i'll post a pic of my dad.

@poeticlyspkng - thank you! today is the here and now and yesterday is a distant memory.

@nubie! good morning youngin'! i hope you have a great day. btw, did all go well with your exam?
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 7th May 2010, 11:39 am

TMS - I think I went a little overboard at Qhemet

TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** I_icon_minipost by TMS Today at 7:35 am

since I over indulged, I will be staying home this weekend - DVR here I come. While I'm on locked down, I guess it will be a perfect time to make some hair accessories.

Here's what I bought today:

AOHC, OHHB, HBTG, KRTM (3) love this, CTDG & EWCT. I will not buy anything else from Qhemet's...ugh until the next sale. TMS **Update: I got coils instead of twist...will post pics this weekend** Icon_wink
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 7th May 2010, 11:41 am

WOW TMS..You won't need to reup for a while. I just placed my order as well and this will be my first time trying the line. You've reassured me that I'm almost guaranteed to love this line as much as everyone else. Does Qhemet usually have a summer sale?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 7th May 2010, 11:46 am

I know, huh?! Just remember to ONLY use a little the products are heavily concentrated (which is a good thing in my opinion). From what I read, they've had summer sales in the past.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next