CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow -- OH MERDE! can someone help me?!

+19
jcanalena79
ladykay6
Curly_Aquarius
jlowman1
krazy coils
QuietButterfly
Juices-n-Berries
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
Cherry: extraordinary!
Lynnieluve
CrissyQ
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
Karyn
23 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow -- OH MERDE! can someone help me?!

Post by QuietButterfly 4th May 2010, 12:10 am

Hey Karyn, your twists look awesome!! Love all the little curly ques on the ends!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow -- OH MERDE! can someone help me?!

Post by LadyMika 4th May 2010, 12:16 am

Love the twists! And like Sweet said, they're as beautiful as your face. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 4th May 2010, 12:29 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Karyn, I was having the same problem. I just figured out that my shea butter mix does not have enough hold for my twist to look nice for 5 days. I would have random pieces of hair just come completely out of the twist and they would be frizzy by day 2. This week I used Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter to do my twist and today, they still look like they did yesterday.

I hope this helps.

Hehe, my mom is not going to like me asking for ANOTHER product lmao. I'll definitely ask her though. Thanks for the tip!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey Karyn, your twists look awesome!! Love all the little curly ques on the ends!

LadyMika wrote:Love the twists! And like Sweet said, they're as beautiful as your face. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_smile

Thanks QB & Mika Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_redface
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 4th May 2010, 6:38 pm

Somebody asked me if I had locsChia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Happy0007
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th May 2010, 7:30 pm

Karyn wrote:Somebody asked me if I had locsChia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Happy0007
Everytime I've worn smaller twists people ask me if I'm planning on locking ... Why is that the only feasible reason to wear twists? Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Your twists look great though! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 4th May 2010, 11:56 pm

bholmes87 wrote:
Karyn wrote:Somebody asked me if I had locsChia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Happy0007
Everytime I've worn smaller twists people ask me if I'm planning on locking ... Why is that the only feasible reason to wear twists? Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Your twists look great though! Smile

People never fail to amuse me. And thanks!

I didn't really do anything to my hair besides moisturize. I'm mostly just freaking out over next year and college Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_pale We had to pick our classes for next year. AHHHHH. I'm gonna be a senior Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Scared0015 I've been frantically checking my transcript and college board. Plus I have my APUSH test on Friday *dead*

Does anyone know anything about Howard University? I don't really like the idea of going to an HBCU, but D.C. is a pretty progressive and diverse place.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 6th May 2010, 3:39 am

i so know how you feel about senior year and college. Its coming up so quick! Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek half the time i forget im 16. I wish you the best of luck on your test though Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
and i know nothing about h.u. lol but what is it that you want to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 6th May 2010, 4:12 am

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:i so know how you feel about senior year and college. Its coming up so quick! Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek half the time i forget im 16. I wish you the best of luck on your test though Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
and i know nothing about h.u. lol but what is it that you want to do?

Thanks Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_smile I know right. I'm just in shock every time I think of my age. It's strange. Last week in my college class, me and this guy were discussing how we felt like we had wrinkles and other old people like things Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Sad0116 I don't wanna be old lol

I'm thinking I will major in psych...but I have no idea what I wanna do with it lmao. I asked CN and she told me about how she became a psychotherapist, as far as academics go. I've been going on college board like a maniac these past few weeks Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_redface I've been looking at average salaries for certain jobs and just when I think I find the perfect career, I see that they only make about $40k a year Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_neutral I know it shouldn't be about the money, but if I'm gonna be trying to pay off loans, living in a major city (NYC or SF), and (maybe) trying to deal with my bay-bays kids, imma be beggin for change on the street Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek

I don't even know why I'm still here. I have a doctors appointment in the morning then I have to study and pray I can at least get a 3. Are you taking the test? APUSH is such a dry and boring subject. Never again Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_mad

Wow, I talk a lot.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 6th May 2010, 5:24 pm

lol Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_lol well good luck figuring out what you want to do, what ever it is, make sure youll enjoy doin it. I mean we have some time before we have to commit to our choices but ugh it seems like theres just so much to do Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel and as for apush, im not really taking any ap classes this year. Nothing against them, i just couldnt handle it on my plate this year. I already have so much stuff to do that with extra stuff my head might explode.
(sidenote: college questions scare me lol not so much college itself, the QUESTIONS people ask about it. Like so what college are you going to? What is it you want to do? [Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin<- me: i got this] After the easy ones, they get deep into it. What courses are you taking? Where are you going to live afterwards? How are you gonna pay for it? Wheres your boyfriend going to college? Are you guys still planning to go out during college? Are you going to live together afterwards? [ Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_scratch uhh. . .i. . .dont know?] What kind of house are you going to buy afterwards? Or are you buying an apartment? Are you getting a dog? Are you living in GA near your dad or in CA near your mom or somewhere else? [ Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek i, uh, um] Where are you going to work during college? Where are you going to work after college? How long will it be before you get to do your career of choice? [ Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_silent at this point you would be lucky if i dont pretend i got a phone call])

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 10:09 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:lol Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_lol well good luck figuring out what you want to do, what ever it is, make sure youll enjoy doin it. I mean we have some time before we have to commit to our choices but ugh it seems like theres just so much to do Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel and as for apush, im not really taking any ap classes this year. Nothing against them, i just couldnt handle it on my plate this year. I already have so much stuff to do that with extra stuff my head might explode.
(sidenote: college questions scare me lol not so much college itself, the QUESTIONS people ask about it. Like so what college are you going to? What is it you want to do? [Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin<- me: i got this] After the easy ones, they get deep into it. What courses are you taking? Where are you going to live afterwards? How are you gonna pay for it? Wheres your boyfriend going to college? Are you guys still planning to go out during college? Are you going to live together afterwards? [ Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_scratch uhh. . .i. . .dont know?] What kind of house are you going to buy afterwards? Or are you buying an apartment? Are you getting a dog? Are you living in GA near your dad or in CA near your mom or somewhere else? [ Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek i, uh, um] Where are you going to work during college? Where are you going to work after college? How long will it be before you get to do your career of choice? [ Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_silent at this point you would be lucky if i dont pretend i got a phone call])
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 10:21 am

yall kids are tooooo funny to me! **sigh** those good ol' young days!! it was merely 10 YEARS ago when i had the same issues n worries. just focus and enjoy NOT bein a grown up yet cuz it'll be here before u know it. i didnt take my high school years seriously cuz i was too busy bein press to graduate thinkin life is peaches n cream. i wish i wouldve took it all in and took advantage of NOT bein in the real world. bein a grown up is so over rated.

as far as HU, i cant stand drivin in DC let alone georgia ave (where its located) nor did i finish college...i graduated from the school of hardknocks! but whenever u come on a college tour to dc, let me know, im a hop n skip away!! So smart of you to research different professions n salaries...i shouldve did that too cuz i wouldve stayed more focus on startin a career at 21 vs tryin to break into it now at 29 Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes .
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 8th May 2010, 9:40 pm

My AP exam has finally been taken! Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 678474
Sidenote: I dunno how you guys in twists find anything to say lol. The only hair news I have is, I bought a satin cap and about 16 shower caps...well my mom did Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Happy0138

Cherry: Lol, what college do you wanna go to? I'm (hopefully) taking AP English and AP Psych next year Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 617583 I hate college questions too. I hate looking into the future (most of the time). If someone is asking you all of that they need a life lmao. wth

Nubie: I don't take high school seriously enough either. It's so boring, I just wanna leave. Hopefully (somehow) I can graduate early. Last time I was in DC (last summer) I liked it! It's kinda slow, but I dunno if I was in the right area.

It's depressing looking at the careers and salaries though. Most of the $ is made in boring jobs in the medical field and me doing science + math for a living = you finding a cancerous lump in your boob after i told you, you'd be fine. Not a good look. Right now, I'm leaning towards a school psych as a career, since $68,340 isn't too bad, I guess. Not sure if you can find a nice apartment/house with that in SF or NYC though Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_neutral
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th May 2010, 10:24 pm

You can find a place with $64k here...as long as you stay away from Manhattan and all trendy parts of Brooklyn. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_neutral Hell, you can probably find a nice place right over the river in Jersey City. I have a co-worker who lives in Jersey City, and she has a LARGE 1br for $800...where as in Brooklyn or even Queens, you're paying AT LEAST $1200 for a shoebox one bedroom apartment. And that's WITHOUT including utilities. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 8th May 2010, 10:41 pm

I know, too bad that's where I wanna live Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_neutral I'm gonna have to have like 8 roommates lmao. The other day when I was on the train, there was an ad for an apartment in the city: 1 bedroom = about 2500$, 2 bedrooms = about 3200$ Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_mad
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th May 2010, 10:43 pm

That's because Bloomberg's punk-behind is turning Manhattan into a playground for the upper class. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes Then again, gentrification has been going on that island since before you and I were even born so it doesn't surprise me any. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 8th May 2010, 10:50 pm

I know Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel I wish I didn't like the city so much. It's crazy that even places in BK that are full of hipsters and crap :/

Random: HAHAHAHA I'm watching Orphan and Esther sofa king creepy rofl. Ever watched it?
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th May 2010, 10:52 pm

No. I haven't watched television since 2000. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_silent
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 8th May 2010, 10:57 pm

No TV? Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek I'm watching it via Netflix Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th May 2010, 11:44 pm

Nope, no TV. We DO watch movies (mostly music and art documentaries), but we don't do any channel surfing. We only have (basic) cable so we can go online. But honestly, I don't miss NOT watching TV. Too many reality shows kill can brain cells. Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 9th May 2010, 12:23 am

I hear ya. I mostly just watch cartoons/kids shows. Like The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Rocket Power etc lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th May 2010, 2:11 pm

Rocket Power?!?!? we are riders, on a mission, something something, something ISSION ROCKET POWER!!! Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_lol even though i watched that a lot i never did learn the words. (wait, didnt they later on change it to an instrumental?) lol but i want to go to FIDM for a major in fashion design (is that right? i dont know college-talk yet) but my gosh there so much you can do there, they even have shoe design! Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 617583 and according to google, the average salary for fashion designers in L.A. is $49,676. . . Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_neutral is that. . . good? lol i guess i have to have the salary talk with my mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 10th May 2010, 10:28 pm

It's too bad it only comes on at 3 AM cause I love me some Rocket Power. I think it's "..on a mission, action kids who play position ROCKET POWER"...at least...that's what I say lmao. Looks nice and sounds right for you Smile The salary really depends on where you live. Idk about in LA, but in NYC, I'm not sure what that salary could get you (as far as housing). It's extremely expensive to live here though.

HAIR UPDATE: I'm henna-ing right now. Woo! I'll probably wear a braid out tomorrow and the day after that!Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 678474
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th May 2010, 11:26 pm

Oh god, so i DO have to know where i plan on living afterwards? Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_eek i guess ill figure that out later lol and ooh! Im lookin forward to the henna result Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 12th May 2010, 12:33 am

Haha, it's always good to have an idea, at least (i.e: do you wanna live in the suburbs? big city? rural area?) cause salaries and living places vary A LOT depending on where you are.

I ended up only leaving the henna on for two and a half hours. I am sooo not patient.

After Henna:
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Sdc10118
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Sdc10119
(....you can KINDA, if you squint, see some color haha)

After DC:
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Sdc10120

This morning:

(Pre-fluff)
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Sdc10121

(After, it wasn't completely dry...so...yeah lol)
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Sdc10122

It's kinda unfair that my hair doesn't grow upwards because if it did, this would look SO much bigger Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Icon_mad

Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 0_114
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 0_115
Chia Like, Karyn Shall Grow --  OH MERDE! can someone help me?! - Page 2 Sdc10123

Fin.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th May 2010, 3:15 am

I love big hair too Karyn!!! The first picture of your hair is sooooo pretty Very Happy You have lovely curls!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next