CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protein overload or in need of moisture?

2 posters

Go down

Protein overload or in need of moisture? Empty Protein overload or in need of moisture?

Post by moosegrl_86 21st January 2011, 10:09 pm

For last two weeks I have been using the Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus line. Everything but the spray. I'm wondering if my hair is protein sensitive. A few of the strands feel coarse and rough. I've been moisturizing my hair every day by spraying it with water and then adding the leave-in and the curl smoothie on the ends. After my hair dries some of it feels soft but the back of my head feels rough and dry. Shocked It hasn't been that way before.affraid

Normally I use Curl Q's (curls kids line) shampoo and conditioner, and then knot today and the curling custard. I use spiral spritz, aloe very and coconut oil to keep it moisturized. (Doesn't always work though). My hair is fine with that, but I have trouble keeping it moisturized because it gets really dry after my workouts. I work out at least four days a week and I do build up quite a sweat, but I only have time to wash on weekends. My hair is normally in two strand twists for the week. Any ideas as to why my hair is rough? Do I need more moisture? confused

Last edited by moosegrl_86 on 23rd January 2011, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added details)
moosegrl_86
moosegrl_86

Back to top Go down

Protein overload or in need of moisture? Empty Re: Protein overload or in need of moisture?

Post by moosegrl_86 23rd January 2011, 10:38 pm

Bump.
moosegrl_86
moosegrl_86

Back to top Go down

Protein overload or in need of moisture? Empty Re: Protein overload or in need of moisture?

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 23rd January 2011, 10:42 pm

It does sound like you need to balance your hair out with moisture... when was the last time you DC'd?

Love your avi!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by moosegrl_86 24th January 2011, 12:18 am

I don't think I have DC'd since I started following the CG method back in November. I've only used regular rinse out conditioners or the ones you leave on for 5-15 minutes. I've tried oil rinsing with coconut oil but that doesn't seem to help much. Do you have any tips on deep conditioning? I've heard of coconut milk mixed with something.
moosegrl_86
moosegrl_86

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 24th January 2011, 1:21 am

What I usually do is use one of my regular conditioners add honey and EVOO and set under the dryer for an hour.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down