CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out

+48
mizcreativelyme
thetiffany
kim
BajanPrincess82
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
tiffyd
HappyCurly
krazy coils
QuietButterfly
ktoliver5303
missmoriah
jcanalena79
MellowOne
DvaAuNaturel
melbelle81
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
LaToya28
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
bholmes87
truet
jamaicacurl
NaturalChica
vmichelle
Curly Film Chick
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
p_nuttie43
DanceOnTheSkylines
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
ytiznatural
Lynnieluve
HumanNature
Intelligentbeauty
AfrikanLatina
Free2009
Kea::curls
newme10
ChrsLvsBks
curly+kinky+fierce
LilMsPuddles
.:Eden:.
52 posters

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Empty Re: .:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out

Post by .:Eden:. 28th February 2011, 5:34 pm

I did another updo on my twists. I am preserving them for as long as I can. I want to get on a bi-weekly wash schedule, but we'll see how it my hair feels at the end of the week.
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2510

Side Note:

Since school has let up a bit, I've been able to cook more often then usual. This past weekend I made Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo. It turned out great! I am a big fan of seafood, specifically shrimp. So, if you ladies have time I recommend you try this recipe. I made a few changes, but for those of you who are kitchen pros use your judgement.
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 173457
INGREDIENTS:
1 pound fettuccini pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound cooked shrimp - peeled and
deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup half-and-half
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in the butter for about one minute. Pour in half and half; stir. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly. After all Parmesan is added, mix in parsley and salt. Stir frequently making sure it does not boil. Sauce will take a while to thicken.
3. When sauce has thickened, combine with cooked pasta noodles; serve hot.

*CHANGES*
  • I only used 1/2 pound of fettuccine

• I started the sauce first then added the shrimp towards the end so I didn't overcook the shrimp.

• If your sauce isn't thickening try removing it from the heat for a little.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2011, 10:10 pm

that sounds yummy! I just started operation "cut out red meat" so this is right up my alley! I have to try it thanks!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 1st March 2011, 2:03 am

mmmmmm.......looks good!!! your hair and dinner Wink
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2011, 5:20 am

Hey Eden, your hair has grown out lovely.
I loved your long update. Definitely worth the read.
Your avi is too cool afro
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd March 2011, 9:40 am

Hey Eden

Girl I must say that I've gotten my fix over here...Hair, food and products!!! I am going to try that deep conditioner. Can I buy it at Sally's? I'll check this out later today.

I love your pasta recipe, but I think I will skip some steps and just buy the alfredo sauce in the jar...LOL (I'm lazy and really don't like cooking)

Last but not least....your hair is beautiful!!! drunken I know you mentioned in my thread about trying LaJay...well I bought her online, and let me know if your would like to order her. It was one of the best purchases I've made so far, and I can't wait until next winter so I can where her more!!

I really hate that you had to quit your job, but you were right in doing so. People are such a trip....I just don't understand their issue with our color!!!

TTYL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 3rd March 2011, 6:56 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:that sounds yummy! I just started operation "cut out red meat" so this is right up my alley! I have to try it thanks!

Great! Let me know what you think.

QueenSheba wrote:mmmmmm.......looks good!!! your hair and dinner Wink

Thanks ^_^

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Eden, your hair has grown out lovely.
I loved your long update. Definitely worth the read.
Your avi is too cool afro

Hey lady!!!! Thank you

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Eden

Girl I must say that I've gotten my fix over here...Hair, food and products!!! I am going to try that deep conditioner. Can I buy it at Sally's? I'll check this out later today.

I love your pasta recipe, but I think I will skip some steps and just buy the alfredo sauce in the jar...LOL (I'm lazy and really don't like cooking)

Last but not least....your hair is beautiful!!! drunken I know you mentioned in my thread about trying LaJay...well I bought her online, and let me know if your would like to order her. It was one of the best purchases I've made so far, and I can't wait until next winter so I can where her more!!

I really hate that you had to quit your job, but you were right in doing so. People are such a trip....I just don't understand their issue with our color!!!

TTYL

Hieee girly **waving**

Yes you can buy the deep conditioner at Sallys, and I soooooo want a wig. I am kind of scared of LaJay, I think she's too much wig for me. But I'm definitely shopping around for the perfect one.

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 4th March 2011, 12:11 am

love your hair and the food gonna try the recipe
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 14th March 2011, 7:54 pm

Hello again ladies *wavin*

I have been still am extremely lazy with my hair as of late. I haven't washed in 2 weeks, which I found doesn't cut it for me even though I tried to make it work. Anyhoo, I am schedule to clarify and do a protein treatment this coming weekend, but the way my hair was acting I needed to clarify sooner. So that's what I did.

My Bentonite clay has been staring at me from up under my sink for the longest saying "USE ME" bounce so I gave in. Now with just ACV or with water the clay has a PH of 9 Shocked Sooooo, to offset this I added some aloe vera juice to it in addition to the acv, which brought it down to 7 (the ph of water).

Let me tell you this was messy (only b/c it was my first go around). I didn't get my scalp like I wanted, frankly, because I had no idea what I was doin plus I made the mix a bit too runny. After I applied it I did my shower business and then proceeded to run my hair under the water. It came out easily to my surprise, BUTTTTT since I take looong showers I didn't have much warm water time. That water got cold fast affraid I was able to get most if not all of it out except one little area, and I wanted to get to my scalp, but like I said it was too cold.

I then proceeded to detangle and apply my DC, which took foreverrrr. Only because in order to do this treatment I had to have my hair out and my hair is usually in twists during this process. Mind you I started at midnight. Whyyyy????? I don't even know.

I finished applying my dc around 3am and called it a night. I just put a shower cap on and my turbie twist and went to bed. I'm about to wash the DC out now, moisturize and seal.

So my verdict: I likey...I likey Smile I'm tempted to make this a shampoo alternative, but I need to do some more research study

After all my babbling here are the pics

My curls were POPPIN drunken lawdhamercy
***side note: my grey hair is going to be the BOMB
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2610.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2611

Here, it's washed out and my hair is very fluffy and surprisingly soft and my curls are defined here too.
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2612.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2613.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2614

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th March 2011, 9:01 am

Hey Eden,

Your hair looks great after the Betonite Clay treatment. I now use this once a month as an alternative for shampoo. I've noticed over time that my hair becomes really stretched out from twists and braids and doesn't coil as tightly in some areas but the betonite clay definitely helps with definition.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 15th March 2011, 9:23 am

i actually prefer to wash bi weekly... well at least in the warmer months i can get away with it. ur dinner looks yummy, i am trying to get into cooking more often too. do you have to leave the bentonite in for a while and let is sit/harden? or does that not matter?

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2011, 12:40 pm

Hey Eden...

I love the results I get with Bentonite Clay treatments, but I henna too so I only do a treatment every other month.

I use AVC and honey in my mixture. I think I will check the PH balance of my mixture the next time it do it. Very interesting and I'm so glad you posted this.

Loving you hair girl 4real!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 15th March 2011, 4:51 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Eden,

Your hair looks great after the Betonite Clay treatment. I now use this once a month as an alternative for shampoo. I've noticed over time that my hair becomes really stretched out from twists and braids and doesn't coil as tightly in some areas but the betonite clay definitely helps with definition.

I'm thinking about doing this weekly, but I really want to stretch it to bi-weekly. I really like the results. I just watched your vid on shampoo alternatives, and it helped a lot.

Kea wrote:i actually prefer to wash bi weekly... well at least in the warmer months i can get away with it. ur dinner looks yummy, i am trying to get into cooking more often too. do you have to leave the bentonite in for a while and let is sit/harden? or does that not matter?

Yea girl, I'm trying to step up my cooking game too. You actually don't want it to get hard like you would for your face, the mixture should stay moist on your hair. It should sit for about 20-30 mins on your hair, but cover it with a shower cap to keep it from drying out.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Eden...

I love the results I get with Bentonite Clay treatments, but I henna too so I only do a treatment every other month.

I use AVC and honey in my mixture. I think I will check the PH balance of my mixture the next time it do it. Very interesting and I'm so glad you posted this.

Loving you hair girl 4real!!!

I used acv too, but I was thinking to cut that out and just use aloe vera juice and some oils next time. After watching Naptural85's vid on Terraessentials here and here, I feel the acv could be drying. I was reading up on the product and mixture, in their fragrance free hair wash they only use these ingredients:
  • Organic aloe vera juice

• clay minerals

• organic extracts of organic linden flower

• organic nettle

• organic chamomile

• organic shavegrass

Those who have tried it say their hair is easy to detangle and is left moisturized. Many only use this as their "shampoo and conditioner".

With that said, I'm going to try a different mixture on my hair and see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 16th March 2011, 12:14 am

Here's a follow up to my Bentonite Clay treatment.

So I was supposed to wash the DC out of my hair last night, but I didn't do it until today (tiredness mixed with a little laziness silent ) I steamed before I rinsed it out. Then proceeded to moisturize and seal.

I'm in the market for some Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I'm curious if it can top my Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner, but we'll see.

My hair is soft, shiny, and I have little to no frizzy fuzzies (I don't really care, but I did notice the change).
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2615.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2616

I'm really contemplating chucking my shampoo for this clay instead scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th March 2011, 7:17 pm

I absolutely love that Avi! I still have to get the ingredients and try your recipe. I am so afraid to try those treatments lol! Great results!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th March 2011, 7:39 pm

Your twist look GREAT!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2011, 3:05 am

Your bentonite rinse out hair looked great. Love the shape. I wonder if you let it dry like that what it would have looked like....... Idea
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th March 2011, 9:40 am

I am going to check out those two videos. I may tweak my mixture, but I want to check the PH balance first. Thanks so much for sharing the two videos.

Oh and your twists are sooo thick.....drooling over here!! lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 22nd March 2011, 9:58 am

u weren't kidding about no fuzzies! i guess you really got down the right pH for your mixture Smile this could also be showing that your hair is pretty even (in length) all over.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 22nd March 2011, 5:26 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I absolutely love that Avi! I still have to get the ingredients and try your recipe. I am so afraid to try those treatments lol! Great results!

It's understandable, but let me know if you do Very Happy

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist look GREAT!!

Thanks Lynn!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Your bentonite rinse out hair looked great. Love the shape. I wonder if you let it dry like that what it would have looked like....... Idea

You mean to let the clay dry? Many people advised not to let it dry on your hair, but to keep it damp and moist. Otherwise it would be a pain to wash out later.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I am going to check out those two videos. I may tweak my mixture, but I want to check the PH balance first. Thanks so much for sharing the two videos.

Oh and your twists are sooo thick.....drooling over here!! lol

No problem, I've done the treatment a 2nd time this week and with adding Aloe vera juice it brings it down to 7 every time. Hope that helps.

Kea wrote:u weren't kidding about no fuzzies! i guess you really got down the right pH for your mixture Smile this could also be showing that your hair is pretty even (in length) all over.

Yea, it's definitely not fuzzy which is great. I still want to get the ph a bit lower, but we'll see.

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 22nd March 2011, 7:57 pm

Sooo, I did my 2nd clay treatment this weekend and I really like the results. I also was due for my protein treatment. I deep conditioned and my hair was soooo soft, ugh I love it. BUT, I was thinking about the process of using the bentonite clay, and how much I have to use compared to the number of times I wash my hair and I don't know if I want to purchase the jar twice a month. It's fairly affordable, but I'm cheap and don't like running to the store every 5 min. So, I was thinking of just using this as a replacement for my clarifying shampoo, and buying a Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bar. I'm really just looking for a shampoo that is gentle, natural and that will leave me with soft hair like the clay did.

With that said, here are the pics
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2617.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2618

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd March 2011, 9:44 pm

Your hair is simply Gorgeous!!! OMG!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2011, 3:55 am

YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT. I WANTED TO TRY NAPTURAL85'S MUD ALSO. I WILL PROBABLY PURCHASE IN THE SUMMER. BUT YOU GOT ME WANTING TO REVISIT THE BENTONITE 7 DOLLAR CLAY...............Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 25th March 2011, 7:18 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Your hair is simply Gorgeous!!! OMG!!

Awww *blush*

Intelligentbeauty wrote:YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT. I WANTED TO TRY NAPTURAL85'S MUD ALSO. I WILL PROBABLY PURCHASE IN THE SUMMER. BUT YOU GOT ME WANTING TO REVISIT THE BENTONITE 7 DOLLAR CLAY...............Laughing

Thanks, and I really want to try it too, but that thing is expensive. I really enjoy, but I want to stretch the life out of each jar so I think I'll just reserve it for clarifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 25th March 2011, 7:24 pm

Took my hair down from 4 day old twists. My school is by the waterfront so we get awesome lighting. Here you can see the henna color deposit on my ends really clearly. I really want to cut those ends off soooo badly (about 1"-1.5"). They are a completely different feel compared to the rest of my hair, but I'll wait it out and cut a little at a time.
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2710.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2711.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out - Page 29 Img_2712

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29