CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

herbal hair rinses

5 posters

Go down

herbal hair rinses Empty herbal hair rinses

Post by kelleemudiva 8th January 2011, 1:04 pm

I was reading about herbal hair rinsing earlier and I was wondering how many of us have tried it? What herbs were used and what benefits/improvements have you seen in your hair? I'm considering trying it but wanted some feedback first.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

herbal hair rinses Empty Re: herbal hair rinses

Post by Madeaj 8th January 2011, 1:39 pm

I used these infusions at different times. Chamomile will brighten light hair, but it won't (or shouldn't) lighten dark hair. I did use honey and lemon to try and get highlights in highschool. It worked to some degree. My mom would not let me dye my hair. She gave into the relaxer but put her foot down on hairdye.

Chamomile and mint - I used it for shine, calming my tender scalp. When I relaxed I had dandruff, dry scalp, and the skin was always tender. The chamomile is a good anti-inflammatory and the mint is calming. I just used a good store bought herbal tea bags and distilled water. I'll have to do that again, it really felt good.

Sage, rosemary and thyme - I used to spend a lot of time in the sun and my hair would turn orange (not the pretty suntouched look, more of a bad dye job orange). I used this herbal infusion to darken my hair without dye, it also helped with the dandruff and tenderness on my scalp. Its not a permanent dye, and it has to build up rather than showing immediate results. Used as dye, most people put it in a spray bottle and use it that way. I only used it as a rinse and not the final rinse. The smell of the herbs is nice at first but I didn't like smelling like dinner. Very Happy Going to the beauty parlor where they beat the heck out of my head every other week. The things I put myself through in the name of some form of beauty. smh Rolling Eyes
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 8th January 2011, 8:06 pm

dried hibiscus flowers and fenugreek seeds steeped in hot water. Let it cool and use as final rinse after washing hair. It is moisturizing.

Catnip tea is another good rinse for strength, especially ends.

another good herbal rinse is flat beer ... rinse well!

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie L 26th January 2011, 4:26 am

I use Blue Malva - cloudy hair heaven no. 1

Marshmallow - super soft and a lot of slip

Irish Moss - tons of slip and keeps me very soft

Chamomile - keeps it soft but less for me.

I also use these as my nightly and day-time spritz, I waited too long to use these now I'm hooked!

All purchased from Anita Grant

Annie L

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 26th January 2011, 12:53 pm

Arrrggghh! So many things I want to try! bounce
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content