CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates!

+13
QuietButterfly
Fleur
JessiWantsCurls
funkyhairchic
cyclingchick
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
jeanlouisangel
CocoEuro
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
DivaDreamgirl
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Updates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Updates!

Post by sweetdrk1 5th February 2011, 4:53 pm

Go head and work it out! She looks great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 6th February 2011, 11:03 pm

Hey DDG!!!

Welcome to Curl Street and I'm really loving your puff!!! I'm always a fan of a good afro puff Very Happy Your straight hair looks great too!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 16th February 2011, 3:03 pm

Thanks for stopping by my CSJ Wink

Your new color looks pretty! I'm loving you and Eva's hair accessories & all the styles. I'd have to say i'm the opposite of you as far as changing up my hairdo's....whenever i do make a slight change all my co-workers are ::stunned:: now outside of work, that's a different story afro lol
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDreamgirl 22nd February 2011, 1:19 am

Funkyhairchic wrote:*GASP* Eva looks great!!! Check you out and all that growth! I'll be doing the same next weekend for the first time! I going to stop by here more often, doll!

Thanks lady! I know you missed your curls but your straight was still gorgeous!!

JessiWantsCurls wrote:You have a gorgeous head of hair up there!

Thanks! Embarassed

Fleur wrote:I love your hair and I've enjoyed reading your journey so far. Keep it coming! I understand what you mean about the hubby. I've always given my husband a heart attack when it concerns my hair. I would have it super long and then decide to go to the shop and have it cut at ear level, lol. Ive been with him since I was 17, so he's seen me very long, short, long, then really short, etc. I get bored easily and he knows that. Lately Ive included him in some of my decisions so he wont get so shocked. Your hubby is going through the motions, but I'm glad that now he's starting to get all up in your hair business!

Thanks! Things have improved tremendously! He even has some styles that he requests!! woot!

cyclingchick wrote:Wow...great growth! Smile

As for the weather, please let Spring get here soon. I know it seems crazy that I'm begging for the season that brings flash floods, hail and tornadoes to north Texas, but I can't tolerate this snow/ice mess much longer. I'm thankful that I'm a child-free because the little ones seem to be going bananas with cabin fever. A friend of mine ventured out to a fast food place just to let her kids burn off some energy in the play area. LOL

I'm so glad the snow has gone! Mother nature has certainly made up for it with the beautiful weather we've had this last two weeks! I can't wait until summer!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Go head and work it out! She looks great!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey DDG!!!

Welcome to Curl Street and I'm really loving your puff!!! I'm always a fan of a good afro puff Very Happy Your straight hair looks great too!!

Thanks! I'm so loving the versatility of natural hair!

Kea wrote:Thanks for stopping by my CSJ Wink

Your new color looks pretty! I'm loving you and Eva's hair accessories & all the styles. I'd have to say i'm the opposite of you as far as changing up my hairdo's....whenever i do make a slight change all my co-workers are ::stunned:: now outside of work, that's a different story afro lol

Lol! Thanks! I have to keep it spicy or I get bored easily!!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Updates! - Page 2 Empty Eva is 1 year post-relaxer/6 months natural! *Length Check Pics*

Post by DivaDreamgirl 22nd February 2011, 1:49 am

Happy Relaxer-Free Anniversary to me and 6-month birthday to EVA!

So I will start with the fun stuff! LENGTH CHECKS!!

I am so geeked at the fact that it has been 365 days since I last put a relaxer in my head! My oh my how time flies!! I went from

Updates! - Page 2 Img_0210

To

Updates! - Page 2 Img_0410

In 6 months! woot!

The last time I took length check pics was at 3 months. I purposely haven’t looked at them since then and all I can say is WOW! Is there fertilizer in my hair cream? I can’t believe how fast it is growing!! So without further adieu…

Updates! - Page 2 Comic-p

On to current news…I LOVE, LOVE, LOOOVVVVEEEE BRAIDOUTS!! They are my new favorite style! I swear Eva must have known her birthday was coming because she has been acting BAD!! I recently starting using QB BRBC and OMG EVA LOVES IT!! I re-braid every other night. I actually went 10 days without washing my hair! That is the first time in the last 6 months that it has been more than a week!
Needless to say, we are on the grow and doing great! I am SO in love with my natural hair!

Updates! - Page 2 Img_0411

Updates! - Page 2 Img_0412
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Updates! - Page 2 Empty Eva is 1 year post-relaxer/6 months natural! *Length Check Pics*

Post by DivaDreamgirl 22nd February 2011, 1:51 am

Let's try this again...title change!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd February 2011, 8:13 am

congrats! pretty hair color Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd February 2011, 10:42 am

congrats! I love the new Avi!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd February 2011, 2:14 pm

GET IT EVA!!! i love the color!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 22nd February 2011, 2:41 pm

Check you out, doll! Eva is on the grow! Great progress, chica!

Oh, and I looooove your avi!!!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 23rd February 2011, 10:39 am

CONGRATS on 6 months, that growth is ggrreeeat Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd March 2011, 5:48 pm

You have a beautiful story and beautiful hair! I love the braid-out. I haven't tried one of them yet, but Eva is my inspiration:)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Updates! - Page 2 Empty Updates!

Post by DivaDreamgirl 29th March 2011, 11:58 pm

Thanks ladies for all the positive feedback!

I've been soooooo busy...I just realized I haven't updated my CSJ since my 6 month anniversary...which was over a month ago! I've been working a lot lately on a project that has kept me pretty busy.

In other news, I have (not as diligently as I should) been training for the MS 150. A 150 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin over two days! Lawdhamercy! I am up to 41 miles with less than three weeks to go. If I just make it through day 1 I will be happy!

In hair news, Eva is doing great! I am loving the warmer weather...although Mother Nature de Tejas has jokes and it has been cold for the last three days with a potential high of 90 on Saturday! ????? Either way, I can see big curly summer hair in my future and I am loving this journey!

Here's a few current pics:

Playing with the camera while my hubby rode his dirt bike (Dry Twist Out):Updates! - Page 2 Pic_0010

Straightened, pin-curled hair:Updates! - Page 2 Pin_cu10

On the way to the Hip Hop Legends Concert (Dry Braid Out):Updates! - Page 2 Dsc00410

Little Cousin's Debutante Banquet (Dry Braid Out):Updates! - Page 2 Dsc_0410

I thought I liked braidouts but I was wrong...I LOVE them!! I am still using QB BRBC and I love it! After all my "mentions" of how wonderful it would be to have a steamer, my hubby got me a Huetiful Steamer for our 3 year anniversary! I was so excited!! I absolutely love my steamer!

I suppose that's enough for now! Be Blessed Ladies!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2