CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist and Growth

5 posters

Go down

Twist and Growth Empty Twist and Growth

Post by Brainiac 27th June 2010, 3:18 pm

So I'm like 2 weeks into twist. And I can tell my hair is thicker and the time to do them is getting shorter. I do medium twist and this morning after a deep condition it only took 45-50 minutes to do them. Last week it took 1 hour and the week before 2 hours.

But anyway has anyone got amazing growth from twist? How long did it take for your twist to get longer? And does it take longer if you have longer hair? I can tell this style is great for length retaining.

Does anyone sleep with a scarf at night? It seems like every time a wake up in the morning my twist are like kneaded into my head. Sometimes I might redo just to look longer.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Twist and Growth Empty Re: Twist and Growth

Post by Lynnieluve 27th June 2010, 7:13 pm

I wear two strand twist most of the time and I have had great length retention.

The more you twist your hair, the faster you will get.

I sleep with my scarf at night and yes I experience shrinkage. I have learned to embrace the shrinkage.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 27th June 2010, 7:46 pm

instead of redo-ing them, you can put them on rollers (like you would with loose hair) or put them into a loose ponytail. Thats what I do when I don't want them to shrink up too much.

I'm on my own little 'twist challenge'... I plan to wear them all summer, maybe even for the rest of the year.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanabell1219 27th June 2010, 11:41 pm

i've gotten really good growth from my twists, but since it's been several months since my bc the growth is much less noticeable.

@curlydee i'm with you on the twist challenge. i'm trying to wear mine with extensions until my birthday (jan 26). i started to get impatient about my growth, so instead of constantly putting it into a puff and stretching it to make it look longer, i've decided to just give it a break
Lanabell1219
Lanabell1219

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 28th June 2010, 10:39 am

I got a lot of growth from doing the two stand twists. It is a very easy style for anyone to do. At first I would wear a bonnet to bed my like you said my twists would be stuck to my head in the morning! Now I sleep on a silk pillow instead and I dont have too much shrinkage and twists stuck to my head hehe!
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down