CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well???? Not sure but I think it's growing........

+6
Thinice
krazy coils
rayray19
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
MissyCee
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ - Page 2 Empty Re: Well???? Not sure but I think it's growing........

Post by MissyCee 21st February 2011, 12:47 am

Thanks Dva!!! Really appreciate that. What yo mean the Curly girl routine??
So you like the darcy's? I've seen Sweet talk about it. I tried the Qhemet Burdock root cream and I like and so does my hair. I think I'm gonna stick to that line right now, while I'm still learning to care and pay attention to my hair.

Oh and your hair looked great at the meet up. Nice cute curls. I would love some type of definition, I'm sure it's coming... as long as i work with my hair.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ - Page 2 Empty Re: Well???? Not sure but I think it's growing........

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st February 2011, 2:05 am

MissyCee wrote:Thanks Dva!!! Really appreciate that. What yo mean the Curly girl routine??
So you like the darcy's? I've seen Sweet talk about it. I tried the Qhemet Burdock root cream and I like and so does my hair. I think I'm gonna stick to that line right now, while I'm still learning to care and pay attention to my hair.

Oh and your hair looked great at the meet up. Nice cute curls. I would love some type of definition, I'm sure it's coming... as long as i work with my hair.

Thanks MissyCee! I appreciate that too. The curly girl routine is a regimen where either you use a sulfate free cleanser, called a low poo, or only use conditioner, called a no poo, to clean the hair. The premise is that our curly hair needs moisture and only conditioners can do the trick and that you don't need shampoo to clean the hair. The curly girl routine was developed by Lorraine Massey. You can check out more here and here. Very Happy

http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

http://www.devaconcepts.com/about

http://www.naturallycurly.com/CurlyGirlChallenge

I'm glad you like Qhemet Burdock Root. Me and my hair love the Qhemet AOHC (Amla & Olive Heavy Cream). cheers That stuff is the truth right there. And Darcy's deep treatment mask is the bomb! There is a place in Silver Spring that sells both lines if you want to check them out. You can avoid shipping. It's the Hair & Body Boutique. HTH.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 5:59 am

Just stopping by to say hello
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 21st February 2011, 8:14 pm

Thanks Dva, but what exactly does the mask do? I mean I see so much information passing my eyes. You must have know I needed someone to explain and talk me through things!!!! I did try the aohc and it was too thick and weighed my hair down. Luckily I bought the sample size and didn't waste money. But I really do like the burdock root cream. And I plan to try moringa tree conditiong ghee. I think I know to use that for detaingling and conditioning. I might have found a product line I can use and likes my hair!!!

Hi Juices-n-berries!!! Thanks for stopping by.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st February 2011, 10:12 pm

Hey MissyCee!

Yes your hair is growing! I think the first six months after your bc it seems like your hair isn't growing but it is. I think you really start to notice the growth around the 9th month after your bc. Also I noticed that you mentioned the Qhemet's AOHC was too heavy for you.

If you still have some left you can always use it to help moisturize your hair. If your hair feels dry put a little on the ends and cover with a plastic cap to baggy overnight, your hair will feel softer and moisturized in the morning. You can also use it as a deep conditioner. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 22nd February 2011, 1:12 pm

Thanks, never thought about using it to baggy or to deep condition. Like I said I only got a sampl size so I use it every once in a while and it seems to be getting to the bottom of the jar.

Yeah at the meet up I learned that I am in the ughhhhhhhhhhh stage!!! Meaning, I won't see much growth until I get a few more months on me. I understand, just impatient!!!

Thanks for all help!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 24th February 2011, 2:27 pm

Soooo, today I, on a humbug, decided to semi blow out my hair. I cowashed, applied the kimmy leave in and castor oil to the scalp. It's fuller!!!!

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ - Page 2 Blow_o10

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ - Page 2 Blow_o11[url][/url]

After I wore tit a round abit, I then added my Qhemet Burdock Roock Cream and twisted. Hope this comes out with a different result.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 24th February 2011, 4:16 pm

It looks fuller to me. Keep up the good work.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ - Page 2 Empty Covered But Not Forgotten - Miss Thang

Post by MissyCee 23rd March 2011, 12:03 pm

Hello ladies. Been a little while since I've posted. Nothing new cept, I got twists. I think I might keep my hair covered until I reach my year mark which is in.........4 months. I can keep these twists in for about 2 months and then do something different until I reach that year. And reveal what is underneath!!! I do have a lot going on so, this will also be helpful. My 16 years old daughter is now in AAU basketball . They will be travelling from New York to Raleigh over the never few months, I have a girlfriends cruise to the Bahamas for the first few days of June, I'm in classes that make me want to pull out my hair, my son was in 2 accidents, and he's 20 and I'm trying to get him to think for himself, and my oldest is preggo and due July 1st, but she's been having complications and might go into labor early. I really hope not since I have already paid for this cruise and would HATE HATE HATE to choose. The man in my life, my ex, is ok. We get along then we don't. Sometimes I think I make too much of his antics then I say no, he's a fool.

Anyways. I have twists, I like them. It's a short style that I don't have to do much with. I spray with my Franks Juice to keep them moist and oil my scalp with castor oil every other night so I have given up on my own hair. It's just undercover right now.

Not sure if I should get a trim in between these twists and the next style. we will see. So far I've only dusted the ends about a month ago and all was well.

I hope I don't miss my own hair too much. It was just beginning to get right, meaning, the curls were behaving. Oh I finally thought of her name, Miss Thang. She does have her own mind and well that seems to have fit.

Well enough for now. Will check back in later.

Peace to you all!!! Basketball Basketball
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2