CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well???? Not sure but I think it's growing........

+6
Thinice
krazy coils
rayray19
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
MissyCee
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Empty Well???? Not sure but I think it's growing........

Post by MissyCee 15th December 2010, 3:45 pm

Hello all..

Last edited by MissyCee on 24th March 2011, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing content)
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Empty Re: Well???? Not sure but I think it's growing........

Post by sweetdrk1 15th December 2010, 3:58 pm

dance Yes finally! Welcome to Curl Street!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Empty Re: Well???? Not sure but I think it's growing........

Post by NylaCoils 15th December 2010, 4:21 pm

Welcome, indeed!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 15th December 2010, 4:25 pm

YAAAAY!! welcome to curlstreet and thanks for the shout out!!

Im loving that puff in the last pic!! and your growth is amazing Very Happy
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th December 2010, 4:37 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 15th December 2010, 4:49 pm

Thanks all!!. You have been great support!!!!! Now that Ive learned to get the pics on, I will now try to get them all right side up!!! SORRY!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 15th December 2010, 6:51 pm

Hey missycee! I like the puff!
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 18th December 2010, 7:36 pm

So, I'm hennaing my head. I usually use a store bought brand in Chestnut. I've been watching threads on henna and decided to try mixing it with black to see the results on my grey. We will see soon...... I mixed with evoo and honey as I read somewhere, tried it several times before and liked so that's my mix. Will post pics when it's done. I've also joined a castor oil challenge. I use that already also so, that should be easy. Can't wait to see the end result.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th December 2010, 2:37 pm

So I did the banding thing and my hair got bigger. I like how it stretched the roots, but I need to work on how to do this without it being wet. My hair is thin and the parts showed. I did brush it out with and then applied my shea butter to seal. I like. I will only do on wash day and dry twist all week. I am in a castor oil challenge, so we are using that a few times a week. I use mine on wash day Monday, wednesday and Saturday. Some say the see growth already. I know my hair is well moisterized.

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Banded18

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ After_12

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Dscf0011

MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2010, 3:06 pm

You did a great job! I never tried that banding thing!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th December 2010, 11:24 pm

Thank you !!! Next time I will try on dry hair. Too many parts afterwards, my hair is so thin.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 29th December 2010, 12:28 am

Hey there!!

your bands look so neat!! and im loving that headband in those pics..im a big headband freak
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 12:38 am

You know it's funny, I dind't even use a comb or anything but my finger to ?part? them. I guess when it's wet it's easier to manipulate.

Yeah "Santa" bought me a few headbands for christmas this year.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 5th January 2011, 3:15 pm

Hey ladies, I have been experienmenting and trying to find things to work with my hair. I have yet to find that great moisturizer, but I am still searching. I have oils, shea butter and even mixed a couple of things, but nothing to make my dusty color pop!!! I have on the other hand notice growth. I will try to chop and paste pics so you can see also. I am officially at the 5 month since bc mark and I am pleased, just getting frustrated about the moisture.

The holidays were good. The kids enjoyed everything. My daughter is now in her 16th week of pregnancy so the granddaughter (oops, I let that out the bag) is coming along nicely.

Today is my birthday (guess I better change that age number on my profile) and I don't have a thing to do, but enjoy being here. I do start class next week, it will be an excelerated class, classes 4 hours once a week for 5 weeks, then on to the next and so on, so that is a plus. The jobs, well, I've given up waiting, now I'm just hoping.

Peace to you all. Until next time......

This is the BC in August 20010
Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Photo010

This is today's twist out. I used coconut oil to untwist and shea butter to seal.

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Twist_10

This is a side view of the twist to compare to the BC in August.....also shows my greys all over the place.

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Twist_11
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 6th January 2011, 2:03 pm

My twists are plumper. I guess things are moving along nicely......

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Photo011

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Twist_12
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 2:53 pm

A www man I missed your birthday! Happy birthday and contests on hitting your 5th month! Nice progress!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 15th January 2011, 1:40 am

I'm falling in love with my hair. Really!!! I have been noticing myself looking at other womens heads and seeing the reagged straw think wispy hair. And wondering how long did I do that? Did I think I was cute too cause my hair was straight? And colored and straw looking? I was in class with this nice cute little young thang. Hair down past her shoulders. She kept whipping it around. We were later moved into groups and I was in her group. And I noticed the edges of her hair, all the way around, we about 1/4 inch long. Like it was chemically or flat iron burned off. But she was cute!! Can't tell her nothing. I was sick so I had my hair in a cap, but I'm sure the reaction will be something when I come back in full natural glory for our next class. How often do you all find yourselves comparing how you used to look and act versus how you look and act now? Just a question? Nothing more.....

My hair progress, it's great. My 16 year old said, mom your hair is getting thick. I said I know. And I am glad. It's growing and getting thicker. If she noticed, it must be so.... I don't have new pics, but I have a new security, knowing this choice I've made is working for me and I am happy.

Later ladies.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th January 2011, 3:44 pm

Welcome! Your hair is growing nicely.

I have heard many others complain about a lack of moisture after the big chop. What have you used? Perhaps if we know what didn't work, we can suggest products that may work. My favorite conditioners are Hello Hydration by Herbal Essence, TIGI Moisture Maniac and Yes to Cucumbers. They can all be found in the drugstore, oftentimes the HE brands are on sale. Another good one comparable to Hello Hydration is Aussie Moist.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th January 2011, 5:49 pm

I use the Hello Hydration, it works good. I did start using the kimmytube leave in. Not sure but I will keep a better eye on what I use and how my hair reacts. Hopefully I can figure this out soon.... Thanks Chrs.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th January 2011, 6:09 pm

Missy I keep the dreaded TWA dryness at bay by spraying my hair with water twice a day, so far so good! Also make sure you are deep conditioning weekly!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 31st January 2011, 11:19 am

I tried a finger coil. To me, the twists and coils are looking alike. Maybe cause I have so much scalp showing. Anyway, I like the results and hope they fill in over a few days. I was planning to go to a salon to get them done, 65 dollars, but decided to practice while I was studying and here are my results.

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Coils_13

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Coils_14
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st February 2011, 10:54 pm

Is it growing??? That is my new question???

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Puff10

I meant to add more,which is why I am editing this post. I think I've come to that standstill spot where I look at my hair and wonder, Am I doing all I can to have healthy hair? I am I using the correct products to make it feel and look and BE healthy? Whose videos and links and posts can I really follow to see what needs to be done for me and my hair?

Well, I've decided to take things one day at a time. I have tried the Kinky Culy products, Miss Jessies Products, HEHH, shea butter, grapeseed, castor, and olive oils. Which one is really doing it for my hair?

Currently, I have purchased in a sample size, the Koils by Nature. So far, after two days, I like how it makes my hair feel. I am prepooing with evoo, grapeseed oil and honey, washing with KC Come Clean, deep conditioning with something I just found Motions CPR for the protein treatment and kimmytubing. After the leave in, I use my Koils products. I like the feel after my twist out, but when will I notice that "I've seen in others posts, shiny, coily, healthy hair? I was very blessed with lots of patience so I use that to my advantage. I work with my hair, and wait.

I see in my pics a growth, but when measured, I'm in a castor oil challenge and we measure monthly, I dont see much. It feels better, no crunchy ends, not dry. But is the 6 month area where it just kind of hits a stall? Or is it this dadblasted cold weather, where I get a little seasonally depressed and my hair does too?

I would love to rock a wig, never owed one, ecept for halloween, etc. Would love to get braids, been there done that. Would love to get some nice looking not so scalpy coils and twists. But, why can't I just do a simple wash and go like others and be really confident and happy with the results?

I will continue my natural journey, but I will also have my doubts along the way. I love my hair!!! I love myself. But, finding the right products is tiring. Lots of research is required and not much information for us "over 40 somethings, who run into thinning and graying and that dang arthritis.

Every so often I will update this to keep me sane, and I do take pics. So I see myself that my hair is growing.

And I really appreciate all the information that Curly Nikki and the other forums have provided for me to try at home, while no one is looking. Pass or fail. I greatly appreciate all the hair idols I have run into. If it weren't for you all, I might be in braids yet again for some length of time, then remove them and look at my hair and say, what now?

I stalk these pages each day for ideas, suggestions and assistance. And I will keep doing so. Love you all!!! afro

Last edited by MissyCee on 2nd February 2011, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Material)
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Empty Twists are Fuller and I henna'd

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 2:25 pm

Sooooooo, I henna'd for the first time using the right type of henna. I like the results. My hair was softer while rinsing and I looked and the curl pattern had loosened. I was really surprised I heard this from others, but never thought I would experience it myself.

I also went to my first meet up. It was fantastic!!! I learned a lot, pay attention to my hair, it will change in the first half a year after bc, etc... I am watching and learning my hair does not like coconut oil. It just sits on my hair like "whose gonna wipe this mess off?" I learned a new way to use shea, so I won't give up on that yet. I was just rubbing it over my head. But someone at the meet up suggested i mix it with castor oil and separate my hair and put it on that way. It won't look ashy, like it was and my hair will be happier. I will try that this week. Anyway, here is a comparison of my finger coils from january and my twists from today. I think they've gotten fuller and mybe even longer. Anyway, they look happier than they did before...

Finger coils from January 2011Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Twists10

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Twists11

Twists from February 2011Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Twists12

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Twists13[url][/url]

I even ttried to twist them all in the same direction!!! cheers

Last edited by MissyCee on 16th February 2011, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change?)
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Well????  Not sure but I think it's growing........ Empty Twists are Fuller and I henna'd

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 2:27 pm

Ummm title change, I hope!!!

Last edited by MissyCee on 16th February 2011, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change???)
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th February 2011, 6:24 pm

Hey MissyCee,

I don't think I've been to your CSJ before. Welcome...all these months later. Very Happy You're having good growth because from your first set of pics you had the spacing you mentioned but the recent pics your hair looks much fuller.

I sometimes still 1 year later and after being natural before for many years have questions about whether or not I am doing the best/right thing for my hair. So I understand your doubt and questions. I'm rolling with it just like you. I'm a PJ and have a ton of stuff that I'm currently trying to work through so I can get to my core products. The final thing I plan to buy in the next week is DevaCare since I'm trying, again, to do the curly girl method. After that, no more products for me - NADA. So far I know Darcy's Botanicals and Kinky Curly work for me for sure. So, enjoy trying everything and finding that right mix. Your hair looks good and like it's thriving from the TLC.

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next