CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you using the IH Method? You probably are and dont realize it.

+21
poeticlyspkng
Thinice
naturally yours
Treece
CocaColaCutie
jeanlouisangel
sweetdrk1
Nikkia_19
Sakura
NhappyJackie
Umph
LadyMika
misskris
curlytee
funkyhairchic
Sebastain13
CarlaAR
Ambitious_Tiff
Fleur
1FlySista
Lynnieluve
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are you using the IH Method? You probably are and dont realize it.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you using the IH Method? You probably are and dont realize it.

Post by naturally yours 15th December 2010, 6:13 pm

i dont think the IH method is nessaraily a bad thing. hair forums have help me alot. if it wasnt for the IH method i wouldnt have known about cowashing, prepoo, sulfates, etc... and other techniques that help me to maintain my hair and help my stay natural. if i didnt have this board and lhcf i probably would have gone back to relaxing a long time ago. i also researched everything. when i use a product or technique i know the details, how it works, what it does and how often or how little to use it. u have to listen to her hair and find what works for u, it takes trial and error. i see many members stated how they were jumping on bandwagon after bangwagon but their hair didnt thrive until they stoped and figured out what was best for them.

Last edited by naturally yours on 15th December 2010, 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Are you using the IH Method? You probably are and dont realize it.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you using the IH Method? You probably are and dont realize it.

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 6:17 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:oooh I was a big ole IH'er, mostly for "treatments." Lawd I've tried so many treatments...Bentonite clay, Caramel Treatment, Cherry Lola Treatment, Coconut Lime (Natural Relaxer) treatment....because I HEARD they would help with curl definition.

Most of them didn't make any major difference--although Bentonite is still awesome for cleansing and the Caramel Treatment got me pretty decent moisture in preparation for a blow out and flat iron.

Now I'm too lazy to run out and do/try everything I heard about. But I think it's pretty natural to be that way when you're first starting out on your natural journey, looking for products to curl and moisturize and defy humidity. And it's fun to try new stuff and chime in on the reviews and swap stuff that didn't end up working out.

Hmm...ok, what is this Caramel Treatment I hear of??? LMAO...I know this is the wrong thread to be asking you this but what is that for? I never HEARD of that one!!!! LOL But what does that do???
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th December 2010, 6:43 pm

misskris wrote:
CocaColaCutie wrote:oooh I was a big ole IH'er, mostly for "treatments." Lawd I've tried so many treatments...Bentonite clay, Caramel Treatment, Cherry Lola Treatment, Coconut Lime (Natural Relaxer) treatment....because I HEARD they would help with curl definition.

Most of them didn't make any major difference--although Bentonite is still awesome for cleansing and the Caramel Treatment got me pretty decent moisture in preparation for a blow out and flat iron.

Now I'm too lazy to run out and do/try everything I heard about. But I think it's pretty natural to be that way when you're first starting out on your natural journey, looking for products to curl and moisturize and defy humidity. And it's fun to try new stuff and chime in on the reviews and swap stuff that didn't end up working out.

Hmm...ok, what is this Caramel Treatment I hear of??? LMAO...I know this is the wrong thread to be asking you this but what is that for? I never HEARD of that one!!!! LOL But what does that do???

basically a moisturizing treatment

see ingredients and preparation here

also find my thoughts when I tried it here and here
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 15th December 2010, 7:47 pm

thank you for posting this Lynnie, this was a good article.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th December 2010, 4:16 pm

Good one! I did that a few too many times early in my journey. It's how I came to purchase DevaCare which does nothing special to my hair and yet the cost is special. I've been trying to use it up little by little since the summer. I finally get what my hair needs and likes. I often say I'm going to try something new but I change my mind. Part of what makes it easy for me is saying no to products I have to get shipped to me. I like on the ground. It keeps me grounded. Wink
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 16th December 2010, 5:42 pm

I am a bit guilty of this...not alot, but i believe you have to try to see what works. I think the problem is trying to much and not researching before. I have found some good stuff and I can control myself. I do not run and buy everything recommended for natural but i like to @least hear about it.

Everything is not for everyone, I strongly believe that.
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2010, 6:09 pm

Not any more but I have in the past. From June 2009 - Oct/Nov. 2009, I purchased everything IH. I then read a post by dajewel, a chemist working on her PhD. Since then, I read the ingredients of products I am interesting in purchasing. If they do not contain the ingredients I know my hair likes, I do not get it. It has not stopped me from listening and reading about products though, LOL.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 16th December 2010, 7:01 pm

I'm using a mixture of the IH and actual reviews. I don't listen to everything i hear, but some of it has definitely led me to some awesome products so thanks ladies!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 17th December 2010, 10:37 am

Interesting
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2