CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics...

+104
Muz
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
Onebyd42
tiashaunteƩ
KeetaRay
DivaDreamgirl
missmoriah
Kea::curls
Karyn
natchralme
nmoultry
coilykinks
LadyMika
juicypeach
atangledmess
AfrikanLatina
AfricanaCurly
j. kinky
jaybella
justicenga
DreamMerchant
mslys09
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curl_Gurl
jlowman1
CocoEuro
SpringCurls
misskris
Fleur
Nikcoils
pie
predestined010
FalconTress
Renny
jeanlouisangel
bholmes87
Butterfly125
Sebastain13
MissyCee
NhappyJackie
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
crimsonpeach
summerbreeze76
Umph
dajewel
mrsmackey
nattyblog
FemmeFox
Smooth Jazz Luvr
newcurlieque
CrissyQ
CurlyNMixed
MsJay1121
Cherry: extraordinary!
PaganWifey
mstokes2008
mizcreativelyme
CocaColaCutie
thetiffany
rayray19
naturallychelsea
naturallynola
LaToya28
freckledmom4
DvaAuNaturel
exhale1913
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
cyclingchick
kinksncurls
Ebbz
curlya
Ladybug83
oooop2
KinkyNappyHappy
kim
MomnWife
Thinice
Buttercup76
xtremelyperfect
priceless
ChrsLvsBks
Notthecoolmom
SheeTacular
TheRYL1
BlondeByDesire
queenshakirah
BrownSkinDiva
Treece
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
wyldhoney
Intelligentbeauty
fanmnatirel
NubieNatty
iri9109
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
CurlyChefRobin
deeply_rooted_chick
Lynnieluve
108 posters

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 33 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics...

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2011, 11:38 am

NubieNatty wrote:hahahaha and YES i enlarged the pic! u look amazing!!!

Kea wrote:yay!!! love the side swept updo & your dress from head to toe

Thanks Nubie and Kea!! Very Happy
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 33 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics...

Post by Sebastain13 2nd March 2011, 12:07 pm

u look amazing

i am almost at my 1yr mark (April) im not considering cutting my hair right now or going back to a relaxer it does take a while to do my hair now but im going to be as patient as possible & see what happens w/Shamekia
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Onebyd42 2nd March 2011, 12:40 pm

Hey Lynnie, I told you over on naturalsunshine how much I love your twists, they are fabulous! Question: how long does it take you to do them??
My hair is no where near your length but it takes me a while to do them probably because my hair is shorter, although I dont notice the time too much anymore because I do them while I am watching something interesting and zone out and before I know it I am done.

Onebyd42
Onebyd42

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. 2nd March 2011, 3:02 pm

Your new avatar is gorgeous!!! cheers
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2011, 3:47 pm

Sebastain13 wrote:u look amazing

i am almost at my 1yr mark (April) im not considering cutting my hair right now or going back to a relaxer it does take a while to do my hair now but im going to be as patient as possible & see what happens w/Shamekia

Thank you!! As your hair gets longer, it takes more work. geek Yes you have to be patient with natural hair.

Onebyd42 wrote:Hey Lynnie, I told you over on naturalsunshine how much I love your twists, they are fabulous! Question: how long does it take you to do them??
My hair is no where near your length but it takes me a while to do them probably because my hair is shorter, although I dont notice the time too much anymore because I do them while I am watching something interesting and zone out and before I know it I am done.

Thanks! It took me 5 1/2 hrs to do them. I parted my hair when I did them and I had to entertain my lovebug too. If I was able to work straight though and I didn't part my hair, I could probably get it done in 4 1/2 to 5 hrs. When I do small/medium size twist, it takes about 2 1/2 hrs.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S. wrote:Your new avatar is gorgeous!!! cheers

Thank you!! Very Happy
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 7th March 2011, 9:24 pm

Hi Lynnie!
Been away for a while. I'm having the same issue with my hair too, i've been at the (don't want to spend hours styling it anymore) phase for a while lol. That's why I've been doing braids, because they take a while but I got 6 weeks out of my last set. But now, even those are becoming tiring!

I'm thinking a big chop is in my near future or a flat iron, I haven't used heat on my hair since being natural Very Happy So did you ever use the tangle teezer and what did you think? I used it and loved the way it detangled my hair but after reading the curly nikki's post, I'm worried about the damage it'll do to my ends. Love the mini-twists. I want to do some medium sized ones to give my scalp a break from braids.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th March 2011, 10:31 pm

LOL at enlarging photo, I did though Wink . You look great! Men hugging you, uh hmmm, they were probably trying to cop a feel so sad. The dress looks roomy, I bet you could fit the six. I am trying to get where you are. Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th March 2011, 12:01 am

kinksncurls wrote:Hi Lynnie!
Been away for a while. I'm having the same issue with my hair too, i've been at the (don't want to spend hours styling it anymore) phase for a while lol. That's why I've been doing braids, because they take a while but I got 6 weeks out of my last set. But now, even those are becoming tiring!

I'm thinking a big chop is in my near future or a flat iron, I haven't used heat on my hair since being natural Very Happy So did you ever use the tangle teezer and what did you think? I used it and loved the way it detangled my hair but after reading the curly nikki's post, I'm worried about the damage it'll do to my ends. Love the mini-twists. I want to do some medium sized ones to give my scalp a break from braids.

Hey Kinksncurls!!

I'm glad I am not alone in my hair woes. Yes I used the tangle teezer twice on dry hair....once just to test it out and once to stretch my hair for a twist out. After reading Nikki's post, I decided not to use it. I won't say I won't ever use it again but I definitely will not be using it weekly. I have been using my fingers only for the past month. Although it is tedious, Roxie is repeating the benefits. I am seeing less hair lost.

Did I read somewhere you were getting ready to move?

ChrsLvsBks wrote:LOL at enlarging photo, I did though Wink . You look great! Men hugging you, uh hmmm, they were probably trying to cop a feel so sad. The dress looks roomy, I bet you could fit the six. I am trying to get where you are. Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration!!

Hahaha!!! Thanks! You are already where I am and about to pass me. I can wear a 8 in dresses but I am a 10 all day in pants.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th March 2011, 12:18 am

After almost 2 weeks of wearing mini twist and 2 days with a twist out, tomorrow will be spa day for Roxie. cheers My love bug goes to school tomorrow so wash day will be interruption free cheers

This year I am really focusing on figuring out the moisture/protein balance for Roxie (one of hair resolutions). I've been using the Hairveda 2 step protein treatment once a month but it seems as if I need to use it more often or Roxie needs something stronger....which leads us to our first Ayurvedic adventure tomorrow. I purchase some cassia almost a year ago and I have not used it. So tomorrow I will be using it. I plan to mix it with water and EVOO. I was gonna use honey too but I'm out of it. I plan to leave it on my hair for 30-60 mins...not sure how long yet.

I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how it goes!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 8th March 2011, 12:25 am

Let me know how it comes out. I did a DC tonight and I'm sure I need to do another protein treatment. I've been doing a simple treatment with mayo, eggs and peppermint oil. It's from Naptural85.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 8th March 2011, 8:50 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
kinksncurls wrote:Hi Lynnie!

Hey Kinksncurls!!

I'm glad I am not alone in my hair woes. Yes I used the tangle teezer twice on dry hair....once just to test it out and once to stretch my hair for a twist out. After reading Nikki's post, I decided not to use it. I won't say I won't ever use it again but I definitely will not be using it weekly. I have been using my fingers only for the past month. Although it is tedious, Roxie is repeating the benefits. I am seeing less hair lost.

Did I read somewhere you were getting ready to move?

ChrsLvsBks wrote:LOL at enlarging photo, I did though Wink . You look great! Men hugging you, uh hmmm, they were probably trying to cop a feel so sad. The dress looks roomy, I bet you could fit the six. I am trying to get where you are. Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration!!

Hahaha!!! Thanks! You are already where I am and about to pass me. I can wear a 8 in dresses but I am a 10 all day in pants.

I did move that's why I haven't been here in a while. I finally found a job in North Carolina, and so I relocated without the hubby who is still in school in CA. I've been here two weeks. It's hard, I'm trying to adjust etc., so my hair has been the last thing on my mind for a while. But I'm back now Very Happy I still haven't updated my csj!
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th March 2011, 11:07 am

Hey Lynnie - I know you will post your results.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 8th March 2011, 11:09 am

Lynnie you look great, your hair has grown so beautifully!! I feel like we've both been on our natural journey together because I remember when both of our hair was alot shorter and we were both learning how to two strand twist!!

Awesome progress sis!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th March 2011, 11:11 am

Hey there,

just checking in because I haven't in a while. I will be back for results of the treatments. Later pretty girl!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th March 2011, 5:38 pm

Hope all went well...looking forward to the results. I need to explore with powders as well, but I'm scared. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2011, 4:54 am

LOL, you are finally going to try some Indian powders.........now i know you are bored............... Laughing
I can't wait to see your results. I love Indian powders, as you know. More work, but great long term results cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th March 2011, 10:53 pm

My adventure started Tuesday morning around 9:30am and ended a little before 3:00pm Shocked

I shampoo my hair while in twist with KBB Conditioning Shampoo (used it all up cheers )

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 33 Img_7410

I untwisted my hair then apply the cassia. I applied a little at a time
because I can be heavy handed then I went back and applied the rest.

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 33 Img_7411

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 33 Img_7412

After letting the cassia set about 40 mins (it started to dry...I probably should have used a plastic cap), I fill the tub with water and dunked my head in the to remove as much cassia as possible (I got this idea from FunkyHairChick). Then I cowashed twice using my Aussie Moist Sad I should have got a cheapy conditioner because I used a lot. Then I deep condition for about 30 mins with heat using Bee Mine Bee u ti ful Deep conditioner.

After I rinsed it out, I applied Hairveda leave in and Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier as my leave in. My Hairveda leave was running low so this was my way of stretching it. Then I used up the last of my UFD Extra Butter cheers to twist my hair. Ooooo Weeee my hair was blinging.

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 33 Img_7413

I don't know if it was from the Cassia or the Hairveda/Taliah Waajid combo but I'm loving it! My hair feels strong. I did a strand test and my hair actually made a "snap" sound. It hasn't done that in a long time! My hair in the pass would just stretch and stretch and stretch...until the strand was straight.

Butters n Bars has a sale for the month of March so I will be ordering more cassia to see what results I get long term. I plan to use it once a month.

My first avuryedic adventure went pretty good. There are a few things I will change up next time but I am looking forward to the next treatment!!

I was so HAPPY Very Happy I used up 4 more products!! My stash is slowly but surely going down. Sweet, I got you next week. Wink

Later curlies!!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 12th March 2011, 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th March 2011, 11:56 pm

Very shiny and pretty! I've been wanting to try Cassia since I cant use henna because it'll change my permanent color.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th March 2011, 3:48 pm

Great review Lynnie - I'm glad you had a nice experience.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th March 2011, 4:16 pm

Great review! Looks fab! I need my shades to look at those twists! Great results!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th March 2011, 8:15 pm

How did I miss that?? cheers You are the best!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 13th March 2011, 10:14 am

Thanks alot Lynnie! Now I have to go buy some Cassia! lol! The results are great and your hair styles are always on point!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 13th March 2011, 5:39 pm

Wow, your hair looks awesome. You've convinced me to give it a try! Can't wait to see the twist out pics Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th March 2011, 11:45 am

jlowman1 wrote:Very shiny and pretty! I've been wanting to try Cassia since I cant use henna because it'll change my permanent color.

Thanks! It wasn't as messy as I though it would be. It pretty much rinsed out of the tub. I didn't have to scrub or anything.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Great review Lynnie - I'm glad you had a nice experience.

Me too. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works long term.

DreamMerchant wrote:Thanks alot Lynnie! Now I have to go buy some Cassia! lol! The results are great and your hair styles are always on point!

LOL!! You won't be trying it until AFTER March 25th. Haha!!

cyclingchick wrote:Wow, your hair looks awesome. You've convinced me to give it a try! Can't wait to see the twist out pics Smile

Thanks! Sorry I didn't take any pics Sad
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 14th March 2011, 1:29 pm

your hair does look great!! thanks for the review Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next