CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A85 is still in!

+22
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
Pinkrage
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
HumanNature
dajewel
beautifuleyez
curly+kinky+fierce
SheeTacular
Serenity23
ChrsLvsBks
Blackbeauty
AfrikanLatina
d.denise
Lanamarie
curlycaramelo
A85
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A85 is still in! Empty A85 is still in!

Post by A85 13th November 2009, 1:29 am

My internet is still down at home so i thought my phone jus wasnt showin my thread :/ but anywhoo today was a windy day and i jus loved my hair it was free flowin blowin in the wind...it was such a great feelin even tho i was walkin i was picturing myself in a drop top commercial lol. i had a long day at work and the feelin of wind n my hair was so relaxing n serene. Never had my hair be a de-stressor it was a great feelin.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

A85 is still in! Empty Re: A85 is still in!

Post by curlycaramelo 13th November 2009, 12:39 pm

Lol, you had me laughing at the commercial bit too funny. Gorgeous hair and I LOVE your hair color.
curlycaramelo
curlycaramelo

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 16th November 2009, 5:17 pm

^^^Thanks for the compliment!!!!

My internet is still goofing off at home A85 is still in! Icon_mad . Bcuz my crazy self decided I would work my full time job plus a double shift at my part time job (24hour work day) I didn't get to my friday post. So that shall be the subject of today's post.

I started hennaing my hair mid Oct and I've done 2 treatments since then. I was not looking for color release so I only added water to my mix. I also added a bit of amla to lessen the red. Yet still my hair became significantly redder. I color my hair maybe 2 or 3 times a year and I happen to like the lightish brownish with a hint of red but the henna just took the red over the top for me. A google search led me to another hair forum where the women were doin honey treatments to lighten either henna or virgin hair. Apparently honey has a reaction when mixed with water that produces a natural yet mild peroxide.

Sooo I went out and got some clover honey in the bear bottle and distilled water (treatment may not work as well if you use regular water something about the minerals reacting with the honey) mixed and let the mix sit for an hour. Then applied the mix (it was not thick/creamy or anything) by pouring it over my hair. I wrapped my hair in plastic and went to bed.

When I woke up my hair wasss soooooo soft!!!! So soft that I paid no mind to whether I got any color change...I was just loving the softness lol...However my hair is a little less red. The henna was turning my hair a deep dark red and I can see a mild difference. If my camera charger was not in a different state I could show pix. I asked a coworker today and she did say that my hair was a bit more on the brown side.

I will be repeating this process if not for the color change for the softening effect.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanamarie 16th November 2009, 7:16 pm

I love your color. I personally think the hint of red looks good on everyone else but me. I would LOVE to do a Henna treatment but I'm so scared of the color. Maybe one day, I'll just suck it up. I think your complexion and hair color compliment one another.
Lanamarie
Lanamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 16th November 2009, 8:25 pm

wait so you just mixed water and honey??? I'm more interested in the softness than the color - and I have a whole thing of honey in my cabinet from when I used to make smoothies every morning - so I wouldn't have to buy anything but water???? hey now lol
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 16th November 2009, 8:39 pm

Sounds like something I wanna try.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 17th November 2009, 11:47 am

Yes I just mixed honey and distilled water! If you don't want the color change you can just mix it up and put it in your hair. I measured 1/8 cup of honey with 3/4 cups water and stirred. I didnt add heat or anything...just put a plastic cap on my head and went about my biz...I'm goin to try it again tonite to see if I get the same soft results.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 17th November 2009, 1:53 pm

Awww I just got the sweetest compliment ever!! Well not really but it made me smile...I'm wearing my conditionered (my own creation lol) hair in a simple claw clip with a headband but a few curls dropped out of the clip. An older coworker walked by and remarked "OOOO nice hair ...sooooo curly" A85 is still in! Icon_biggrin

and friday I believe I had the funniest comment. I had put chunky twists in my hair but it hadnt dried fully so i just slapped on a tam and left two twists out in the front. This lady comes by and shes like ooo that's interesting..."are those extensions attached to ur hat?" I bursted out laughing I was like no this is my hair I just twisted it...she was like oooo wow ... i thought it was like u know the fake hair attached to ur hat...LMAO WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I WEAR ANYTHING LIKE THIS A85 is still in! Reggea10 LMAO WHY WOULD I WEAR ANYTHING LIKE THIS TO WORK? I AM STILL DYING WITH LAUGHTER
I wasnt offended it was just hilarious...I just said noo its my hair that I twisted lol
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanamarie 17th November 2009, 3:14 pm

That is hilarious!!! I think that some people just aren't aware what one can do with natural hair....it's so versatile.
Lanamarie
Lanamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 17th November 2009, 5:14 pm

LoL!!! I agree with Lanamarie alot ppl are unaware of the many styles natural hair can be in!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 17th November 2009, 6:20 pm

tonite I think i'm goin to try another honey treatment and then maybe i shall do a flat twist out or a regular twist and curl...hmm we shall see...

I must say my hair is loving me right now...after a long weekend of neglect I have most def been tending to it and i believe it appreciates the attention lol
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th November 2009, 12:01 pm

I tried the honey treatment again last nite and I must say it is a winner for me A85 is still in! Icon_cheers I know some ppl add honey to their conditioner but I think I like it just mixed with water. It is a big drippy but my hair is super soft. This time I tried a diff technique...I had my condish in for a while then I poured the honey mix over my hair w/o rinsing out the condish put on a plastic cap and a stocking cap @ tshirst over to reduce the dripping down my neck. My hair is still softer than it is when I use just the plain ol condish. Maybe next time I'll do a half honey - half plain condish to see the difference. But this is def a keeper for me. Inexpensive and easy to attain...the distilled water comes in gallon jugs usually and it only cost me $1.19. I think part of the softness had to do with the fact that the water was distilled (no hard water, no minerals, nothing)

Today I'm wearing a plain ol wash and go that I need to stop touching and twirling. LOL
A85 is still in! 11180910
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th November 2009, 12:03 pm

I was too tired to do anything else with my hair last nite lol i shall try the flat twist tonite tho...and I already see one curl that i keep twirling sticking out lolol
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 12:17 pm

A85, you may be my hair twin. From your pic today, your curls in front seem looser than the ones in back. My hair is the same way.

I used honey often but cut back recently since it is getting cooler, hence drier in the DMV area. I may try this any way--softer hair A85 is still in! Icon_bounce .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th November 2009, 4:47 pm

@ ChrsLvsBks yes my hair is most def looser in the front than in the back...resulting in a natural haircut lol Hair twins we may be A85 is still in! Icon_biggrin

and I must say I just noticed how much my hair has grown in just a year...the pic i posted today is a wash & go with a band pulled back some so the length at the sides is not even accurate...here is a pic from about a year ago around Aug. '08 A85 is still in! N1380315

I can only imagine how much my hair will flourish now that I'm taking even better care of it. Yay for happy hair!
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 19th November 2009, 2:28 pm

You know I forgot that honey was a humectant but I think the honey treatment still works for me now (in cold weather so far) becuz I don't leave the honey in my hair when I go out. The honey was in my hair as a treatment followed up by or prepped with conditioner. My hair is still soft A85 is still in! Icon_biggrin I plan to keep trying it until it no longer functions I will keep you all updated.

Today i just have a half up half down style ( I was just too tired to do a flat twist out) but my edges are super smooth no brush used at all... A85 is still in! 11190910

I used my hands to smooth the damp hair with a bit of moisturizer (SheaMoisture leave in) then i put a knee high directly over my edges and proceeded with my normal routine. I took the knee high off just before I left the house and voila smooth edges.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 20th November 2009, 1:22 am

Love your curls in the wash n go photos! I haven't ran into my hair twin yet. I tried honey with olive oil one time to condition and couldn't take the drippy honey. I had to wash it out with the quickness. what products do you use when you wash n go?
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th November 2009, 2:10 am

I love your hair i really love the color.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 20th November 2009, 2:21 am

Where do you get your SheaMoisture from? I have been looking for it forever - I really don't wanna get it online... Instant gratification + no shipping $ lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 2:38 am

Here u are!! How gorgeous is ur hair! And i love the comment about the hair being attached to the hat! ..once i was out and some girl came up to me and said "what kind of hair is that?" i was like..."ummmm mine?" A85 is still in! Icon_eek gotta love it tho! lol
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 20th November 2009, 2:47 pm

thanks for the compliments everyone!! A85 is still in! Icon_biggrin

@ Serenity23 Normally I run conditioner (either Herbal Essences Hello Hydration or DevaOne) thru my hair in the shower ...then I detangle and squeeze out the excess...Then I get my old tshirt and plop. I take the tshirt off after i'm done getting dressed and add a little oil (olive, almond, or blend) and thats all...for my wash and gos I realize that less is more...At nite I will spritz with water/condish and sleep in a high ponytail...in the morn I'll spritz again and add a little more moisture

@d.denise I'm in NJ and I this random beauty supply just happened to have it.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 20th November 2009, 2:48 pm

lmao at what kind of hair is that!!! I got asked that before lolol
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th November 2009, 2:55 pm

It's funny now how people don't believe that our hair can naturally curl. I must admit I used to be like them. If I saw someone with curly hair and they say its my natural hair I would walk away thinking she is a lie I know a texturizer when I see one. Knowledge makes a big difference. So glad I'm no longer ignorant about what our hair is capable of.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 23rd November 2009, 5:32 pm

Sooo today is " 'A' had a long weekend and just went to bed woke up slapped in some condish and put her hair in a bun day" Really I was exhausted long weekend plus I spent time nursing my little cousin's damaged half relaxed/half natural hair. I gave her the works a pre-poo, wash, protein treatment and deep conditioner then I two-strand flat twisted the front and put the back in rods. I wish I had my camera charger... A85 is still in! Icon_cry but o wells...

I did wat I call a modified bun...I put my hair up in a pony and used a little claw clip to gather/secure the ends to my head and tucked any hanging out under the hair. Nothing special...
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 23rd November 2009, 7:57 pm

kudos to you getting the best big cousin of the weekend award! lol I needed a big cousin like you last weekend when I was trying to do my hair lol.

what do you prepoo with?
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum