CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 39 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by sweetdrk1 10th January 2011, 10:44 pm

Nyla I am going to check this dude out now...Welcome, you look fab!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 39 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by krazy coils 10th January 2011, 10:48 pm

@Femme fox I love the way that Nars blush looks!

@Nikcoils - love the blue eyeshadow look!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 10th January 2011, 11:29 pm

queenshakirah wrote:Thanks to brandi, I just spent $25 on cherryculture.com lol tryina get my lip gloss to pop like you!

LOL!! I have ordered so much from them the past 2 months. I really need to stop. I still have things in my wish list that I need to get!! My BF told me as long as he can keep buying sneakers, I can keep buying makeup, so.... !!!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 10th January 2011, 11:36 pm

Well, After playing in the snow today I was a little bored so this is what I did.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did a look on each eye with my MAC Pallet.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 11th January 2011, 12:37 am

jlowman1 wrote:
NylaCoils wrote:Here is the one on contouring that I really did like!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_633380&v=6DEkv7DycT4&feature=iv

His name is Petrilude.
I did use some of the stuff that he talks about as far as powders and concealers are concerned.

I loooove Petrilude. I've been subscribed to him for a couple months. The man can do some makeup, even better than some women I've seen. His special effects stuff is amazing as well. Its so interesting looking at his process from start to finish.

I LOOOOOOOVE Petrilude..he's so cute AND he seems like the nicest. SUPER talented. I remember when I first found his page I sent him a message like "DUDE you are shutting it DOWN!" LOL! Do yall remember his halloween series? He needs to be doing make up on movie sets!
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 11th January 2011, 12:38 am

brandiitneka wrote:Well, After playing in the snow today I was a little bored so this is what I did.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wow! these are SO pretty!!! I love them both!
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th January 2011, 12:44 am

Pretty_Vee wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:
NylaCoils wrote:Here is the one on contouring that I really did like!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_633380&v=6DEkv7DycT4&feature=iv

His name is Petrilude.
I did use some of the stuff that he talks about as far as powders and concealers are concerned.

I loooove Petrilude. I've been subscribed to him for a couple months. The man can do some makeup, even better than some women I've seen. His special effects stuff is amazing as well. Its so interesting looking at his process from start to finish.

I LOOOOOOOVE Petrilude..he's so cute AND he seems like the nicest. SUPER talented. I remember when I first found his page I sent him a message like "DUDE you are shutting it DOWN!" LOL! Do yall remember his halloween series? He needs to be doing make up on movie sets!

He really does! Im still amazed looking at the one where it looks like half his face has been ripped off and his teeth are showing. Like seriously though, skill isnt even the word when it comes to him!

@brandi.... Very pretty, love the colors!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 11th January 2011, 3:52 pm

NubieNatty wrote:@karyn- i just did a post for makeup nubies like myself cuz my friends kept askin me "how to" that 7pc brush set, u wont even use half of it cuz YOU better NOT be using foundation and i'll LET YOU use the powder brush to apply blush ONLY Mad yes im over protective of you too cuz i dont want u lookin too grown!!

thanks nubie! i have foundation, but i think it looks pretty natural since it's bareminerals foundation. i have blush and it makes me look like a doll :O i did check out that post and it was helpful. thanks!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Hi Karyn...

I am not one to give advice..but check out YouTube and you will find a wealth of videos with instruction on how to apply make-up using your brushes. I've included a Guide to Make-up Brushes video by makeupgeek. This video answered a lot of my questions...this is a start hope it helps!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

thanks for the video! it was helpful Smile

i attempted to apply eyeshadow (WITH BRUSHES lol) yesterday and think it turned out okay, but for now, i'm sticking to neutrals cause i don't wanna get too crazy right now lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th January 2011, 1:34 am

Pretty_Vee wrote:
brandiitneka wrote:Well, After playing in the snow today I was a little bored so this is what I did.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wow! these are SO pretty!!! I love them both!
What she said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 12th January 2011, 4:19 pm

Gorgeous! What palette did you use or is a custom palette?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 12th January 2011, 4:55 pm

I got to stay out of here!! Yall trying to turn me into a MJ!! Make-up junkie!! I believe it is working!!

Because of my scarring, freckles and never really wanting to wear make-up- I am noticing, I am more of a neutral girl. Today's color is lilac- the pigmentation of the eye shadow isnt that great, but oh well. Hopefully, I get my 88 color palette by Friday!!!

One day when I get bold, I will post a before and after..I got DARK lips so they are now easier to cover-now that i got some tricks under my belt.

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 12th January 2011, 7:21 pm

Looks good Nyla! I just left ebay. I'm really contemplating getting an 88 or 120 palette! And some new eye makeup brushes!

See, this is what happens when you're snowed it for 3 days! Well, 4 now that they cancelled school tomorrow Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 12th January 2011, 10:24 pm

Femme. I used a 120 MAC Pallet. I got it from a MAC distributor that sells discontinued products. BHCosmetics also has a similar pallet, and it is much cheaper!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 12th January 2011, 11:26 pm

Thank you Jamaica! I am snowed in too!!! UGHHH

Let me ask a question if I may- I have noticed that some cosmetics contain parabens, is that harmful too? I was reading the ingredients from a cosmetics line and noticed several parabens.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th January 2011, 9:39 am

NylaCoils wrote:I got to stay out of here!! Yall trying to turn me into a MJ!! Make-up junkie!! I believe it is working!!

Because of my scarring, freckles and never really wanting to wear make-up- I am noticing, I am more of a neutral girl. Today's color is lilac- the pigmentation of the eye shadow isnt that great, but oh well. Hopefully, I get my 88 color palette by Friday!!!

One day when I get bold, I will post a before and after..I got DARK lips so they are now easier to cover-now that i got some tricks under my belt.

Just beautiful....make-up and hair!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th January 2011, 10:59 am

Nyla you are working the make-up ... lookin good for a beginner.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th January 2011, 3:42 pm

brandiitneka wrote:Femme. I used a 120 MAC Pallet. I got it from a MAC distributor that sells discontinued products. BHCosmetics also has a similar pallet, and it is much cheaper!

I have the BH one the 3rd edition ... I looooove it! and at a fraction of the price. but the shadows ae very pigmented.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 14th January 2011, 12:28 am

Nik, Loving the avatar, I am officially a hater!!! I have been thinking about ordering a BH pallet but I am not sure which one I want. I got it bad yall!! I just got paid today and I had to put a stash away so I could stop at the bbs when I go to Atl this weekend!!!! I will let yall know what goodies I pick up when I get back.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 14th January 2011, 9:58 am

brandiitneka wrote:Nik, Loving the avatar, I am officially a hater!!! I have been thinking about ordering a BH pallet but I am not sure which one I want. I got it bad yall!! I just got paid today and I had to put a stash away so I could stop at the bbs when I go to Atl this weekend!!!! I will let yall know what goodies I pick up when I get back.

----> yeah that AV is niiiice....LOVE IT !

Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th January 2011, 6:02 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Thank you Jamaica! I am snowed in too!!! UGHHH

Let me ask a question if I may- I have noticed that some cosmetics contain parabens, is that harmful too? I was reading the ingredients from a cosmetics line and noticed several parabens.

I've noticed that a lot of cosmetics contain parabens also. There are only a few lines which do not contain them. There has been research that they can be harmful but I'm not sure to what extent but so far parabens are really the only preservative that cosmetic companies are using in their products.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th January 2011, 11:34 pm

heeeey laydeez!! yall are lookin oh so good and nyla...stop bein scared talkin bout some dmn neutral...cut it ouut!!! u got the basics down pack and ur skin is gooorgeous so splash on some color...go on...if knh can rock some pink lips at 60 u aint got NO excuse Razz

ooooh brandi, im so tired of complementing yo eyes but i cant stop studyin them! to do the 3 shades im guessin to pack on the color wit the sponge and use LESS blending right??? i need to venture off and be more daring. i also love that jamaican look (2nd one).

im in transition wit my job movin so i gotta play catch up n get me a computer for HOME **sigh** standby n work wit me, til then i'll be lurkin yall styles and just bombard yall wit pics when im back up n running!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th January 2011, 10:45 am

WOW..ladies y'all are really looking good over here.

I bought some Make-up Forever foundation and concealer last week. Well I took both back. The foundation really looked chalky at the end of the day...and I liked the sampler concealer that they gave me better. So I returned the foundation and exchanged the concealer.

Tip..(not new think Chrs mentioned this) I am putting my foundation on with my fingers!! I've found that I'm getting better coverage and I used my MAC 140 foundation. I know I keep going back and forth with this foundation thing. confused

I did get some goodies from MAC yesterday. I was watching lilpumpkinpie05's video "My Favorite Lipsitcks" and I had my list of lipsticks to buy, but I only bought the following

cork lip liner
Gel lipstick
Lipglass lip gloss in clear

Is there such a thing as a bad make-up day? Well every since I wash my brushes I can't seem to get my eye shadows on right. **sigh** So that means NO pictures!!! lol!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 15th January 2011, 2:55 pm

NylaCoils wrote:I got to stay out of here!! Yall trying to turn me into a MJ!! Make-up junkie!! I believe it is working!!

You look really pretty! Hair and make up. And the more you practice, the better you'll get, the more you'll buy! Razz
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th January 2011, 9:40 pm

Hello ladies,

I am trying to pack more color on! I swear I am such a punk! LOL!

This mascara from the Sephora sample bag rocks!! Lancome Defincils

sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th January 2011, 9:42 pm

Ok I am no sure why those pics came out sooo big! Sorry guys!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next