CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by Nikcoils 13th September 2010, 5:33 pm

I also wish i had a vanity that way i could have all my make up in one spot but i either use my bathroom or my daughters if hubby is using our shaving and we both are trying to get ready. So I am a traveling circus. Sad

@ CHRS I thought the same thing when I saw the color you did on your eyes. I might attempt a raiders or seattle seahawks look next week. I love football season as well!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by Nikcoils 13th September 2010, 5:35 pm

NubieNatty wrote:ooops i forgot to post the pic...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have that but it is too moist for me. I also end up using the shea butter.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th September 2010, 5:41 pm

CrissyQ wrote:just bought this, I like the color.

That is purrrrty!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 13th September 2010, 9:27 pm

Nubie I use my smallest shadow brush to do that Razz oh and I love your blues!!!! My suggestion would be to blend as you go, instead of blending at the very end...

Chrs i got an old black desk from salvation army and turned it into a vanity. I got office supply things (cup holders, letter holders, etc) to hold some of my things. I have a make up station set up in the corner of my room and I'm thinking of getting a vanity mirror as well bc the lighting will be so much better. I'm gonna take pics of my station, I would love to see how you ladies organize your beauty areas! Razz
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th September 2010, 2:10 am

i always wanted a vanity section and found a really cute one to make me think im marilyn monroe!

but the price tag is a bit much!! http://vanitygirlhollywood.com/

Til then i'll just stick to my cheap fix

i've organized my bathroom to fit my makeup stash! i'll take pics this week.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th September 2010, 12:53 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Hey Ladies,

I wasn't going anywher but to take my daughter to a play date. I wanted to go to my cousin's 70's party but me and hubby had a date night later instead. So this was my look fo the entire day. I love that UD primer potion. I used my BH Cosmetics 120 palette and used the yellow, orange and red on there for this look and M.A.C. Amber Lights for the highlight. I love this look I chose these colors based on the colors in the shirts i was wearing.

This looks like a red flame.

OMG, she is your mini me. LOL She is too cute, I cant wait until zaria can sit still to take a nice pic with me. Right now she is too busy.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th September 2010, 1:54 pm

I got my UD order from Hautelook the other day. I order to lip glosses and a Green loose powder...let's just sat the lig gloss are sticky Icky which I don't care for but they will still be worn. The one I but in Sephora was extra smooth the ultra glide. I guessI will stick to that brand of their glosses.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 14th September 2010, 3:47 pm

I took pics of my station, it a lot of pics so bear with me lol before I bought that desk my makeup was kinda all over the place in 2 train cases and smaller make up bags where I put lipsticks, liners, and such, and I put all the bags and cases in a small suitcase. So now that its organized I like to believe I get done faster lol

This is the desk (from Salvation Army)

This is on the side of the desk (from Wal-Mart)

Brushes

Big Palettes (in a letter holder)

Last edited by NaturalTina on 14th September 2010, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 14th September 2010, 3:54 pm

In the desk drawers I have put:

Lipsticks

Misc sprays (brush spray, eye remover, etc)

Eyelashes

Lash tools[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And in the big drawer on bottom I have all my diposables (sponges, wands, etc) and brushes I use when I do make up for my clients.

NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 14th September 2010, 3:59 pm

In the wal-mart clear drawers I have put:

Glitters

Mascaras

Liquid/Cream/Gel Liners

Lip Gloss
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 14th September 2010, 4:06 pm

Primers/Shadow Bases

Single shadows/Pigments

Duos/Quads

Face Stuff (foundation, blush, primer, etc)

And I put my pencils in this thing from Dollar Tree[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back up lashes

NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th September 2010, 4:59 pm

natural tina you are super organized! i only have clear drawers in my bathroom on this over the toilet shelf thingy.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th September 2010, 5:08 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:natural tina you are super organized! i only have clear drawers in my bathroom on this over the toilet shelf thingy.

I only got one green makeup bag. LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 14th September 2010, 5:16 pm

I just got tired of digging thru that suitcase lol that desk was like $9 i had to jump on it lol but i needed more drawers and I saw someone on yt that used the clear drawers so i went and got those and i went to dollar tree for the office supply things
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th September 2010, 9:14 pm

Natural Tina I love the way you have everything organized. I also only have the clear drawers but I'm looking for a used desk. I will have to check out the Salvation Army or Goodwill.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th September 2010, 10:21 pm

that was definitely a good buy on the desk! another great idea is the letter holders for the big palettes too! wooo ur stash is Shocked im gonna run out n get those plastic drawers though cuz it'll free up my drawers in the bathroom! GRAND IDEA!! thnx tina!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th September 2010, 12:10 am

Tina, thanks for sharing pics of your organized makeup stash. I think I need smaller less deep drawers. Thanks for the tips! I'm going to check out some thrift stores in our non-urban areas of the DMV.

QUESTION: Do you think vintageortacky's eyes are about my size? I need to watch some videos with small-eyes folks.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th September 2010, 3:16 pm

OMGosh Tina that is a vainglorious stash! But I love the organization I think I might need to get me some of those clear drawers from dollar tree. I have about 3 different makeup bags. that have no rhyme or reason to them.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th September 2010, 3:24 pm

@ Chrs - I think vintageortacky's eyes are about the size of yours.
Also Kuuipo1207 describes her eyes as small also. If you're not subscribed to her you can check out some of her vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_izc0fYkPGE
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th September 2010, 4:17 pm

OMGoodness krazy coils, I looked at Kuuipo1207 right before looking at vintageortacky. Thanks!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th September 2010, 5:30 pm

Hey Ladies I just saw a vid MopTopMaven just posted on cleaning your make up brushes.

Great vid!Quick Tip on Cleaning Make up brushe
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 16th September 2010, 12:04 am

@Nubie I've seen stashes way bigger than mine lol and I just bought more make up today smh Ulta had buy 1 get 1 50% off on NYX and Maybelline and another line I think. I got 2 NYX lipsticks in Medusa (a purpleish color) and Narcissus (a bubble gum pinkish color) I also picked up Maybelline 'The Falsies' mascara and a dark brown Define-a-Brow pencil. I wanna see how it compares to my MAC Stud eyebrow pencil. I may go back and get some NYX lip pencils because I bought like 5 lipsticks in the past few days and I need some complimenting liners. Milani had an orange lipstick it was soooo pretty I had to get it lol but idk what I'd wear it with yet scratch
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 16th September 2010, 12:08 am

npmoore04 wrote:Hey Ladies I just saw a vid MopTopMaven just posted on cleaning your make up brushes.

Great vid!Quick Tip on Cleaning Make up brushe

Neat! I actually deep clean my brushes with the Dawn antibacterial dish soap and condition them with VO5. I wonder where she got the brush spray from it looks like it gets them pretty clean. I alternate between ELF brush cleaner and MAC brush cleaner mixed with water, but I would like to try that brand she uses
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th September 2010, 8:54 am

I use the Dawn soap also. I was wondering if it was okay to use.

@Naturaltina do you apply the VO5 after you have washed with the Dawn?
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 16th September 2010, 11:59 am

Does anyone wear foundation?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next