CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^

+36
jlowman1
LaToya28
misskris
CurlyChefRobin
cutephantasm
neethair
TerraD
MahoganyCurls
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
d.denise
Freestyles
adiaha
BindyMac08
Kea::curls
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
CocaColaCutie
Erica5417
CurlySpeechTherapist
jamaicacurl
A85
rebelrocks
Free2009
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
curly+kinky+fierce
Maria Antoinette
Blackbeauty
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
nmoultry
dajewel
40 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 2 Empty Re: Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 12:44 pm

@cocoeuro: am happy that you are meeting your hair goals!! i thought it was just me when i saw the difference in my hair length!!!

@free2009: thank you for your passing the information to me!! am glad that you and other consumers are becoming savvier about the chemicals that are used in products. i am quite familiar with the database, as I am a chemist, and i have worked in formulations and quality assurance for a cosmetic company. even i find it quite ironic that although i work in formulations and regulatory affairs with chemicals, I prefer to use as much natural ingredients on my hair as possible.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 19th November 2009, 12:45 pm

Hey dajewel,

Oh yeah co-washing is a GINORMOUS difference. I never shampoo my hair (sad I know). I just got a hair cut in october and based on my rod set on Saturday or Sunday whenever that was, my curls looked longer

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 12:47 pm

hey mmoultry!!

so you will never shampoo or clarify??
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 19th November 2009, 12:48 pm

my hair is growing, and i haven't poo washed in almost a month! I can tell a huge difference Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 12:53 pm

awesome, rebelrocks!!!!!! i almost didn't want to shampoo because my hair was looking and feeling good, but i realized it was a month and a week since my last shampoo. my scalp was starting to really itch me, and i thought maybe my hair could do better with absorbing more moisture by shampooing. i know i said i would shampoo in December, but i will see how long i can go without shampoo-ing...period!! maybe two months? it all depends what my hair tells me.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 19th November 2009, 12:55 pm

My scalp RARELY itches now that i only co-wash...strange i know. Coconut oil helps I believe
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 12:57 pm

and its that itching that gets me sometimes, and that is why i can handle co-washing once a week. what are you co-washing with? i know from my experience some condish make me itch.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 19th November 2009, 1:03 pm

Hey Dajewel,

I will clarify by adding baking soda to my conditioner, but I haven't had to. I try not to use anything that will cause build up. I pre-cowash with a hot oil treatment and I seal my ends but my hair hates anything heavy.

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 1:24 pm

mmoultry, what is a pre-cowash? how do you do a hot oil treatment?

i wonder if i should even bother with shampoo because i use organic condish and natural products in my hair. also, because of my ordeal with the last shampooing session, am really hesitant to shampoo. i am still researching moisturizing shampoos that clarify and are mostly natural before i throw in the towel with shampoos.

my hair loves the heavy butters.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 19th November 2009, 1:32 pm

I wish my hair loved heavy butters. They make my hair feel sticky...

I'm probably using wrong terminology, but I put coconut oil or whatever oil I have on my hair and I sit under the steamer but before I had a steamer I would heat the oil up by sitting the container is some hot water. I'd aplly it to my hair and then put on a pastic cap for about 45 minutes and then I would co wash

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 19th November 2009, 2:34 pm

instead of shampoo maybe you can try something like bentonite clay for cleansing...I tried it in the past and loved it...you can use it as a face mask too...I know nikki had a post about it here she pretty much sums up all its benefits and such http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/01/nik-bentonite-clay-love-that-dare-not.html

You can get a pretty large jar for cheap and it last a loooong time I may just go do a face mask when i get home with it lol
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 2:46 pm

nmoultry wrote:I wish my hair loved heavy butters. They make my hair feel sticky...

I'm probably using wrong terminology, but I put coconut oil or whatever oil I have on my hair and I sit under the steamer but before I had a steamer I would heat the oil up by sitting the container is some hot water. I'd aplly it to my hair and then put on a pastic cap for about 45 minutes and then I would co wash

hmm, imma have to try that some time...
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 2:46 pm

A85 wrote:instead of shampoo maybe you can try something like bentonite clay for cleansing...I tried it in the past and loved it...you can use it as a face mask too...I know nikki had a post about it here she pretty much sums up all its benefits and such http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/01/nik-bentonite-clay-love-that-dare-not.html

You can get a pretty large jar for cheap and it last a loooong time I may just go do a face mask when i get home with it lol

will the clay encourage tangles??
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 19th November 2009, 3:19 pm

No in my experience it made my hair more defined and soft even before I deep conditioned. You just have to make sure you don't let the mix dry on ur head. It is very good for cleansing ur scalp it didnt make my hair more tangly or anything there are tons of youtube vids and lots of natural hair reviews...I used it on my little sisters very fine natural hair and i didnt see any more tangles than normal. If you are going to try it I suggest mixing it with plain ol water or with yogurt. I've tried both with similar results. There are a few good vids I will try to find and post later...
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 19th November 2009, 3:45 pm

I just found out about this bentonite clay thing yesterday too and I'm looking into it!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 19th November 2009, 4:24 pm

I love bentonite clay. It gave me soft and defined big hair when I used it. I'm so lazy -- that was a year ago -- but thanks to the bentonite clay thread on here I'm gonna do it again in the near future. Kinkerbelle on Fotki put me and my BF on to it.

I also never oil my scalp, but I am going to start massaging coconut oil in (the lazy way without parting - haha). Hopefully that will help the mild itching I have, which has been better lately (seasonal or Oyin's honey hemp that I am in love with and have been using recently??) Very Happy

I hate the smell of CO though. I've even put lavender oil in to no avail, but I'll deal with it...
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 19th November 2009, 5:11 pm

CurlySpeechTherapist wrote:I love bentonite clay. It gave me soft and defined big hair when I used it. I'm so lazy -- that was a year ago -- but thanks to the bentonite clay thread on here I'm gonna do it again in the near future. Kinkerbelle on Fotki put me and my BF on to it.

I also never oil my scalp, but I am going to start massaging coconut oil in (the lazy way without parting - haha). Hopefully that will help the mild itching I have, which has been better lately (seasonal or Oyin's honey hemp that I am in love with and have been using recently??) Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I hate the smell of CO though. I've even put lavender oil in to no avail, but I'll deal with it...

the coconut oil i have doesn't have a scent. If you are using unrefined coconut oil there will be a scent (i don't like it either..it reminds me of dirty hair)

http://www.herbalremedies.com/cocoil100pur.html this is what I use, no smell Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 19th November 2009, 7:07 pm

@rebelrocks, THANK YOU!! I will be purchasing ASAP!! woot!
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 8:40 pm

i do massage CO on my scalp, and that has helped to tame the itching down. also, i think it contributed to my growth!! i, too, don't too fancy the smell(it reminds me of popcorn), and thanks to rebelrocks, i will have to try out that product!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 19th November 2009, 10:30 pm

Yes, popcorn, but thick, heavy, nauseating popcorn!! pale

It's terrible, and I smelled it a few times to make sure it was really that funky! Haha! Gives me a headache and a stomachache. I am def buying rebelrock's suggestion.
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 1:03 am

@dajewel what is HIR? Bentonite? hmmmm....i need to up my vocab! and oh yea! that guy was all in ur grill! with a serious face too! Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 2 Suspect lol! YEAAA!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 1:23 pm

curlykinkyfierce, HIR=hand in root disease and dude?? yeah, he was from South America. Just wanted to post that pic to prove a point: naturals are mad fly!!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 5:04 pm

hey, guys!

hope all is well! Happy Friday!!

Last night, I massaged EVCO into my scalp. I usually do this, but I think i have been lazy the past two weeks. I also put some on my ends.

I also got my samples from Koils by Nature and I can't wait to try them!!! The hair and body butter smell really nice!! My hair needs to be re-twisted (like, really!!!), and will be trying the butter tonight to re-twist. I really appreciate that the butter has kokum butter; we have that nut in Belize, but its difficult for me to obtain here in the States. Kokum oil is actually better than EVCO. The butter has jojoba oil protein/amino acid/peptides. I thought this would be a great time to use because I haven't put protein on my hair since the middle of the summer.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 9:50 pm

sooo, i tried Koils by Nature Hair Butter to redo my twists. the verdict: SOFT, SILKY AND SUMPTUOUS TWISTS!!!! the smell is really nice and citrusy, but wish it were stronger/lasted longer. my twists feel luscious!! i didn't use aloe gel because i just wanted to see how the butter worked by itself. and, to me, its lighter than a butter. a little goes a long way. it melts as soon as it hits body temperature.

i am not going to use the peppermint styling gel because one of the main ingredients is carbomer. carbomer is used a thickening agent, is a inert, but is a synthetic that i don't really want on my hair.

also, my KBB and chagrin valley soaps came in the mail today!!! I am already falling for the cranberry cocktail!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 20th November 2009, 10:09 pm

where are the pics???

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down