CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corygentri

+17
SheeTacular
NikG20
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
AfrikanLatina
jamaicacurl
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Kea::curls
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
traveljunkie08
Corygentri
21 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Corygentri - Page 2 Empty Re: Corygentri

Post by Freestyles 29th December 2009, 1:08 am

Your baby girl is a doll! I absolutely love the hands on the hips diva photo! She is beautiful and the twists look great!

---Reese Corygentri - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 1:12 am

your hair looks so very healthy!! Those girls are the cutest!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2009, 2:48 am

Your hair looks really good. You've made good progress in 6 months.

Your daughter is such a cutie. I love her twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 29th December 2009, 12:14 pm

Your hair is gorgeous!! I realized I hadn't visited your BnB in a while! I'm so jealous that you got your wash n go to last 5 days! I can only get 2 days...and that has only happened once!
Your daughter is absolutely adorable too!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th December 2009, 12:31 pm

Your pics look great. And your hair does look longer (shrinkage is so ridiculous). Your daugher is soooo cute. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 29th December 2009, 11:39 pm

Thanks yall. (I'm not country I promise - I just like typing yall - I'm actually an English teacher LOL!!)Not a whole lot going on with the hair today. I think this is gonna be my last day - straight. I have some new products I want to try and some new styles I want to experiment with before I go back to work next week. Plus my daughter has done nothing but play in my hair since I straightened it. Went and saw the Princess and the Frog - it was SOOOO cute! Here is my hair today:Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1910

I miss my major shrinkage! I miss my big hair. Talk to you guys later!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th December 2009, 1:00 am

Your hair still looks like you came straight from the salon. What did you do just wrap it at night? What products do you have that you want to try?
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th December 2009, 8:28 pm

WOW Corygentri, your hair looks shiny and healthy. I know hubby was lovin' that....lol. Can't wait to see your other styles though. Corygentri - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 30th December 2009, 10:25 pm

C - yes I just wrap it at night or if I didn't feel like sleeping with it wrapped I just put my satin bonnet on then in the morning walked around doing house work with it wrapped before I left. I have never been very good at wrapping it at the roots so I just mainly made sure the ends were wrapped smoothly. I use a brush alot when it is straight. My hair always stayed straight really well when it was relaxed so I was really surprised to find when I bcd that I was a 3 c and had corscrew curls. I think I look better with straight hair but I'm gonna roll with what God gave me.

Intel B - Oh yeah - he is lovin it. I think daughter more so than him though. As soon as I sit down she immediately goes to quietly find a comb and then sneaks up behind me to start combing.

Nothing new today - ended up keeping it straight but it was snowing when I left this morning so I just kept a knit hat on most of the day. You know - the goofy kind with the ear flaps and pom poms on the ties on the ears and on the pointy top. I came home and slathered a lot of coconut oil on my hair as a pre poo - I'm going to shampoo tonight and then maybe twist it. I am excited to see how it looks now when it shrinks up now that I don't have those relaxed ends any more.

I want to try some giovanni products. I have the tea tree shampoo and conditioner and I bought the ecostyler gel (I usually use fantasia). So I may use them when I twist. Plus I have a coupon for Ulta that I want to use so I may get some deva care if they carry that. Or some Giovanni Direct Leave in if I can find it. I'm getting some stuff I want to try in the new year. My routine the last 6 months was pretty consistent so now I just want to switch it up a little.

Happy New year!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2009, 1:17 pm

Corygentri wrote:Nothing new today - ended up keeping it straight but it was snowing when I left this morning so I just kept a knit hat on most of the day. You know - the goofy kind with the ear flaps and pom poms on the ties on the ears and on the pointy top. Happy New year!
I so saw you in your hat Corygentri - Page 2 Icon_lol . Happy New Year to you lady!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 1:43 pm

Happy New Year to you sis. I also want to switch it up a bit in the new year. I'm going to try some styles that I've been too lazy to do or couldn't do because of my edges. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 31st December 2009, 2:33 pm

Ulta definitely has Deva products. I think they have Gio too. I went in there on Monday to return a flat iron I bought (so I won't be tempted to flat iron) and they had a lot of stuff on sale. I wanted to browse so bad, but I left...
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 31st December 2009, 7:35 pm

Happy New Year Chicas!!

Had to go back to the curls to kick off my new year right. Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1911Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1912

Use the Giovanni Triple Tea tree shampoo and conditioner. Even before I put my HE TT as a leave in on I had serious clumping and curls. Theyyyyyre back! Even though it is cold and the temp is dropping I decided to keep my wash n go today. Hoepfully tomorrow night I will henna, wash it out on Saturday and then DC w/ Gio Smooth as Silk condish. Have a great safe night - I'm goin to church!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 31st December 2009, 8:32 pm

your hair has grown a lot. it looks beautiful &&& healthy!!!

p.s. i loved the Princess & the Frog.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Corygentri - Page 2 Empty Happy New Year

Post by Corygentri 1st January 2010, 9:04 pm

Happy New Year. Nothing new today. Looks the same as yesterday. Tried to go by Trader Joes today to get some Tea Tree tingle but they were CLOSED!! So I will hit them and whole foods on Monday. Forgot to mix my henna last night so I will probably wait til tomorrow or Sunday after church to do it. That is the only thing about henna - the prep work and the wait time. But my gray is showing so I gotta do somethin' Plus I want to do it at the beginning of the month so I can always remember to do it then every month. So begins my resolutions that I have to stick to!! Already took my vitamin!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd January 2010, 1:51 am

Corygentri wrote:Happy New Year Chicas!!

Had to go back to the curls to kick off my new year right. Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1911Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1912

Use the Giovanni Triple Tea tree shampoo and conditioner. Even before I put my HE TT as a leave in on I had serious clumping and curls. Theyyyyyre back! Even though it is cold and the temp is dropping I decided to keep my wash n go today. Hoepfully tomorrow night I will henna, wash it out on Saturday and then DC w/ Gio Smooth as Silk condish. Have a great safe night - I'm goin to church!

LOVE IT!!! nice and healthy!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 3:07 am

Welcome back curls! Looks good.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd January 2010, 5:03 pm

I am glad your curls came back. They look good lady.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Corygentri - Page 2 Empty Twist n curl results

Post by Corygentri 4th January 2010, 11:39 pm

Ok - instead of roller setting I decided to try and twist it again. I ended up doing a twist and curl because I needed something to help the ends. I also added some of my recent purchases to my rotation. On Saturday night I hennad my hair and slept with Giovanni SMooth as Silk as a deep condish. The next morning I woke up and rinsed then used HE TT as a leave in then wore it as a wash n go to church. That night I cowashed with Suave Coconut and used HE TT as a leave in. Then I began twisting and added Ecostyler Olive oil Gel to each twist then sealed with coconut oil. I had to use clips on the ends that I didn't roll because my twists kept coming unraveled - that also stretched them out a bit. I then sat under my hooded dryer for about 15 minutes, took the flat clips off the loose ends, then tied with a satin scarf and went to bed (at midnight). The next morning I separated the twists with coconut oil on my fingers. This is the result...
Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1913Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1914Corygentri - Page 2 Img_1915

This is the best it has ever turned out. I only curled the front twists on perm rods so the back isn't as curly or neat. I liked the ecostyler - I thought it was going to be too crunchy but it wasn't once I separated with the coconut oil. Now I need some advice on how to make it last. I guess I should retwist tonight? I also discovered how straight my hair is in the top!! it was crazy!

Also - My hubby really liked it!! Corygentri - Page 2 Icon_biggrin He came up to me atleast twice when he came home from work and touched on it and told me repeatedly how pretty it looked. So I was psyched about that - this is the first natural hairstyle that he has really shown that he likes. He even noticed the back was not as curly and asked why. But he was very positive so I will definitly keep trying till I have it like I like it.

Also made it finally made it to whole foods and trader joes for my stock up. bought some stuff on my wish list (Tea Tree Tingle Condish, Giovanni Direct Leave in) and replenished some staples (Virgin coconut oil and jojoba oil). So now I can participate in challenge with a clear conscience!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2010, 1:26 am

My twist outs look good on day 1 and 2. Day 3 is questionable. If I dont have a lot of frizz, I retwist which results in bigger hair. My avatar is the results of retwisting.

Get your pad and pen out so you can air your "dirty PJ laundry." I'm giving you an early "Welcome to the Challange" greeting.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 5th January 2010, 11:05 am

Hi Cory-Your hair looks great!! Nice curl definition!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 5th January 2010, 2:12 pm

Ohhh, that twist out looks really good! You and Sweet have definitely convinced me to try again. Maybe I'll do it over the weekend.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2010, 3:42 pm

TJ, you should give it a try!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 3:49 pm

You daughter is adorable!!!

I love the way your hair shines, gorgeous!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 6th January 2010, 1:21 am

Thanks bunches you all! I almost forgot to post today. (Its only 10 p.m.!)Anywho..

Back to the grind tomorrow. I didn't do hardly any grading over my two week break and final grades are due Friday. I am such a procrastinator!! So i may be MIA the next couple of days.

Kept the twist out again today. Going to mist it with Giovanni Direct and reapply a little ecostyler before retwisting and rolling the ends on permrods. It seems to work better that way. Still very shiny, today - got lots of compliments at Bible study tonight. Had some people comment on my "good hair" Corygentri - Page 2 Confused and others on how fast it was growing.

Well gotta run - trying to start the new year on a more positive/healthy note by going to be at a decent time. I have been spoiled the past couple of weeks. May try the roller set this weekend!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next