CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corygentri

+17
SheeTacular
NikG20
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteƩ
AfrikanLatina
jamaicacurl
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Kea::curls
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
traveljunkie08
Corygentri
21 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Corygentri - Page 5 Empty Re: Corygentri

Post by NikG20 9th February 2010, 11:53 am

Cory, your hair is looking great! Your daughter is SOOO cute!! I love her twists. Great job mom. I love you
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Corygentri - Page 5 Empty MIA

Post by Corygentri 9th February 2010, 1:08 pm

Yes I have been MIA for a while - February is really busy for some reason. We are having snow days so I feel like I have time to jump on here. I will try to post some new pics too - I have not really been taking any. I am wearing a twist n curl that hubby likes right now. I don't think I have touched it in 2 days since I haven't been any where and wearing a hat. I have missed you guys so I have a lot of catching up to do on your posts. I see many new avatars!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th February 2010, 4:18 am

Hey lady how was the banquet. And where are the pics?? Corygentri - Page 5 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2010, 7:09 pm

Just Checking In on ya!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th February 2010, 7:58 pm

Hey Cory!!! can wait for new pics and details about the banquet!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 1st March 2010, 1:00 am

Hi guys - I know I have been MIA so I just wanted to check in and say hi - Been busy and will be for the next couple of weeks. My spring break is in a couple of weeks so I will have new pics and some stuff to tell yall. Hang in there - spring is coming!! I miss you guys. Cant wait to catch up!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2010, 1:01 am

Hey lady, missed you on here. How is the hair coming along?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2010, 1:42 am

Corygentri wrote:Hi guys - I know I have been MIA so I just wanted to check in and say hi - Been busy and will be for the next couple of weeks. My spring break is in a couple of weeks so I will have new pics and some stuff to tell yall. Hang in there - spring is coming!! I miss you guys. Cant wait to catch up!

We have been missing you too!!!! Come on spring break!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 2:46 pm

Is it Spring break Corygentri - Page 5 Icon_flower yet?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Corygentri - Page 5 Empty updates on everything - hair, life etc....

Post by Corygentri 19th March 2010, 11:26 pm

Hi ladies - I have missed you much and I have obviously been away to long cause I can't posssibly catch up on all the action on you all's posts so I know I am lost and behind. But any way - I am back for the most part and I won't let so much time go past. My spring break is almost over and I wanted to get back and catch up like I promised.

Well first - the hair...
Corygentri - Page 5 Img_2910
Corygentri - Page 5 Img_2911

Its huge! But I like it. Its been 9 months since my BC and a year and 5 months since I last relaxed. I have gone back to the wash n go the last couple of weeks because it is slowly but surely warming up in StL. I hennaed on Tuesday night and let it sit till Wed. morning and while my friend alicia came over to help me get started scrapbooking, Laila and I both walked around with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage defense deep condish on our hair all day under plastic shower caps. Hair was redic soft but I have noticed that when I henna - the curls around the front back and sides have really defined curls but the hair in the top the curls get a little too loose - almost no curl. I didn't like my wash n go later that day because the top was falling so while it was wet I have a big hole in the top of my head til it dries. But I have gotten my henna technique down and I definitely have to use the whole package now when before I always had some left to freeze. And for the first time I rinsed it really well and didn't have to worry about orange fingers cause I didn't get it all out.

Some things I have learned about mine and Laila's hair these last few weeks...
* I don't like Giovanni direct leave in on either of our hair but especially laila's - who I bought it for. It makes he hair dull and it stayed white forever. I only used a little. So, hopefully I can use it up this summer
* see above about henna in the top - love the gray coverage and now that it is getting sunny out I will take a pic outside so you can see the burgundyish color it has now.
* will continue to use the Pantene R&N breakage defense after henna - I love it. I'm getting low so I need to try and find it again, took a long time the first time.
* Sticking with the suave coconut condish co wash for me and Trader joes tea tree tingle for laila - it does nothing for me. Still using HE HH for her and HE TT for me which is still my holy grail.
* ready to adjust my regimen once it gets a little warmer - I miss my aloe vera curl activator gel and veggie glycerin
*My hair has been a little dry so I need to figure out how to fix it.
* need to come up with a new way to do the wash in go - love the final results but now that it is getting longer it takes forever to dry - getting up earlier is out of the question!
* my product challenge ended last week and I only bought two things since I started. A pack of henna for $1.49 and Some more cococnut suave for $1. I did good.
* when I rinse my henna out in the sink first, I can actually see my hair hanging down in my face. Corygentri - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Other things: I decided to open an etsy shop for my quilts (some of you fab knitters and crocheters need to look into this) So I am working on quilts and photographing them with a launch planned for later this spring. Laila P Creations is my biz name. I'll let you know when I launch so you guys can critique my shop ( I know you will be honest).

Laila's hair is growing. She is a flower girl in a wedding in a couple of weeks and easter is coming up so she has requested a Princess Tiana bun for both. I think I need to straighten her hair a little to make that work so I am going to do a trial run next week.

I have been getting a lot of compliments on my hair lately at church since I went back to the wash n go, which I was surprised. I used to get them all the time when I was relaxed so I think people are getting used to it now. Even if they don't necessarily say they like it they always comment on how fast it is growing. I had one girl sitting behind me comment that I probably didn't do anything to get it to look like this when other women are doing everything from twisting and braiding to buying a wig to get it to look like mine. I had to smile on that one. Just water and HE TT!!!

My mom has finally stopped pulling on my hair and trying to finger comb it and make it lay down every time she sees me.

Hair continues to grow on hubby. My sisters are a little jealous of my hair I think - they razzed my about not going natural sooner. (they are twins and both have been natural for years. One wears twists regularly and the other has a REALLY short cut.) One of them said "See, just think of how LONG your hair would be now!"

The yearbook at school is done.

Last, but not least - Laila will be a big sister in the fall. Corygentri - Page 5 Icon_smile
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th March 2010, 11:34 pm

Congrats on your pregnancy! You slipped it in at the end like Nikki, love it!

Hair is looking great.

Please keep us posted about your etsy shop. I hope you the very best.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th March 2010, 12:43 am

your hair is pretty
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th March 2010, 4:15 am

Congrats on your pregnancy and hair growth!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th March 2010, 8:39 am

Hi Cory!!

Congratulations!!!!! First, I hope it's a boy (I love boys I have 2) and most of all healthy!!

Your hair sure has grown!!! Now watch the growth!!!

Will be looking for your esty shop cause I'll buy anything orange!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 12:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Corygentri - Page 5 879602

Your hair is growing. As for your wash n go, check out MahoganyCurls Curlfriend thread or YouTube channel for the Accordion Technique. It has been a big hit for a few curlies in the BnB thread. I havent tried it yet. I think I am gonna give it a try tomorrow.

Keep us updated on the etsy shop. I would love to purchase one of your quilts.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 20th March 2010, 1:20 pm

Thanks ladies
Kinky - yeah I think I am hoping it is a boy because deep down, I know that is what hubby wants even though he would be fine with another girl. The thought of doing two heads though is daunting. LOL!

Lynnie - I will check out the accordion tech and give it a try.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd March 2010, 1:29 am

Congrats on the pregnancy and the hair growth, WOW.

Like Lynn said try MC's accordin method for a new technique for your wash n gos.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 24th March 2010, 1:44 pm

Congrats on the Pregnancy and Hair growth!! Sounds like you are gonna be busy!! Wishing you the best.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th April 2010, 9:48 am

Just checking in to see how you're doing!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th April 2010, 10:35 am

Wait, how I miss the pregnancy!! Congrats!! I am so excited for you! How are you feeling?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th April 2010, 10:44 am

Congratulations!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 6th April 2010, 10:55 am

CONGRATS Mamma!!!! and that hair growth is amazing!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Corygentri - Page 5 Empty Busy Spring

Post by Corygentri 6th April 2010, 11:49 am

You guys are so sweet. I am doing great. Think I am coming out the tired period and hope to get my second wind this month. laila was in a wedding this weekend plus Resurrection Sunday so I wad pooped and did nothing yesterday I have pics to post of what I did with her hair. I actually did atrial run and flat ironed it but I didn't like the result so I set it on perm rods with a ponytail. I did a twistncurl on my hair for the weekend nothing special. I'm a little bored with it right now so I may post some pics and seek your advice. Than4checking on me.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Corygentri - Page 5 Empty new pics

Post by Corygentri 8th April 2010, 10:15 pm

well here are some new pics of me.
Corygentri - Page 5 Img_2912
Corygentri - Page 5 Img_3010
Corygentri - Page 5 Img_3011
This was my first wash and go in a week. I did a twist and curl for the wedding I went to and easter and then just wore that til last night when I cowashed and condish with HH TT. This morning I just sprayed in until drenched, shook and left. I did mess with the front a little later in the day so it got a little frizzy. It is is definitly growing cause now in the front it won't stand up any more once it is dry. So now I have to figure out how to style it - I don't like how it looks in the front cause of my forehead and in the top of my head where it doesn't curl. it kind of falls apart in the middle. It will be about time for henna again next weekend. I like the curl definition, I just wish I could stretch them a little. My hair shrinks to half its length! I still haven't modified my regimen, it still seems to be working so I may not have to until it gets really hot. Allergies are a killer lately and this acne is getting a little better. So glad the hair isn't giving me fits!!

I hope all is well with you all. you guys are looking good!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th April 2010, 11:04 pm

That hair looks lovely!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content