CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

conditioners vs moisturizers

+6
Pinkrage
Delta87
ChrsLvsBks
dajewel
kevynnew
C.
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

conditioners - conditioners vs moisturizers - Page 2 Empty Re: conditioners vs moisturizers

Post by drawmuhfree 29th May 2010, 12:23 am

hmmmmm......off to find a cup of water and some shed hair!

......so mine floated, (yay) but for clarification, how do you know if protein is needed?
drawmuhfree
drawmuhfree

Back to top Go down

conditioners - conditioners vs moisturizers - Page 2 Empty Re: conditioners vs moisturizers

Post by Delta87 1st June 2010, 10:42 am

Chrs, Thank you so much, that really helps.

LynnieLuv-Cute Hair!
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st June 2010, 5:57 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Chrs, you are the best!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thanks! We all have something to give Ms. Lady Who Gives the Best Advice to Transitioners [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

drawmuhfree wrote:hmmmmm......off to find a cup of water and some shed hair!

......so mine floated, (yay) but for clarification, how do you know if protein is needed?
If your hair is balanced, I suggest adding protein to your routine. You can try adding it as a 10 min. conditioning treatment every other week. Remember to do a moisturizing treatment after for a few minutes. Some good ones I like are EVOO and EVCO, AO's GPB, Giovanni's Xtreme Protein (comes in tube) and Giovanni's Smooth as Silk.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 2nd June 2010, 11:29 am

Ok Guys, I am so excited. I finally found something my hair likes Smile. Aloe Vera Gel! I purchased Aloe Vera Gel from Trader Joes this weekend. I mixed Aloe Vera Gel with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa this am for my co wash, used Oyin HH for a leave in and followed up with more Aloe Vera Gel, My hair still feels soft and looks curly and not frizzy. I have not even had to remoisturize yet, usually I spray my hair with water every few hours. Any other ideas on how to use Aloe Vera Gel? If you have not tried it.....Give it a try.
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd June 2010, 4:04 pm

Delta87 wrote:Ok Guys, I am so excited. I finally found something my hair likes Smile. Aloe Vera Gel! I purchased Aloe Vera Gel from Trader Joes this weekend. I mixed Aloe Vera Gel with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa this am for my co wash, used Oyin HH for a leave in and followed up with more Aloe Vera Gel, My hair still feels soft and looks curly and not frizzy. I have not even had to remoisturize yet, usually I spray my hair with water every few hours. Any other ideas on how to use Aloe Vera Gel? If you have not tried it.....Give it a try.
Grace (my hair's name) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] anything aloe vera. You can add it to your conditioners (co-wash, rinse out/detangling, deep, leave-in), mix it with glycerin (my mix is 70% aloe, 30% glycerin--give or take) and as a hair gel. It is good for keeping edges laid down. If you mix it with something with a bit of hold, you will get moisture and hold.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2