CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

+56
jeanlouisangel
kinksncurls
funkyhairchic
Sebastain13
Treece
DaButterflyBAP
missmoriah
netta
Ms.Mai
Hurricane Curly
Intelligentbeauty
queenshakirah
MomnWife
Nikcoils
curly-me-naturally
freckledmom4
PaganWifey
Ebbz
Fabulousat50
cyclingchick
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
EmbracingNaturalMe
jlowman1
MellowOne
coilykinks
bholmes87
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
LadyMika
SheeTacular
Muz
Serenity23
sweetdrk1
mstokes2008
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
TMS
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
NhappyJackie
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
CrissyQ
60 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 Empty Re: crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2011, 9:13 am

What is this talk about the creamy crack? Nawww......I know I didn't read that, so I'm going to just address the SNOW!!! LOL

Hey girl...hope you are keeping warm over there. Did you take any pictures yesterday?

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 Empty Re: crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

Post by SheeTacular 3rd February 2011, 12:47 pm

Hey Crissy! Keep your head up.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th February 2011, 1:15 pm

Waiting for an update! I saw pics on FB! bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 12th February 2011, 5:28 pm

Hey CQ! I'm loving the growth, honey! You're doing a fab job! Creamy crack??? You're so cute, Crissy! You don't mean it. *laughing it off*
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 13th February 2011, 5:44 am

Hey CrissyQ,

Just checking in on you. Man, Chicago got it bad. Any snow pics? How'd you and the kids make out in all of that? I heard a guy on the radio say he couldn't open his front door and then I saw the pics on the news of all of the abandoned cars on Lakeshore drive. Wow! Hope you guys did okay.

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 13th February 2011, 11:45 am

Hope all is well, Crissy!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 13th February 2011, 8:17 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Waiting for an update! I saw pics on FB! bounce

I know sweet I have been really busy!

Funkyhairchic wrote:Hey CQ! I'm loving the growth, honey! You're doing a fab job! Creamy crack??? You're so cute, Crissy! You don't mean it. *laughing it off*
FHC, I was this close to doing it. I decided to try another route before I do that

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey CrissyQ,

Just checking in on you. Man, Chicago got it bad. Any snow pics? How'd you and the kids make out in all of that? I heard a guy on the radio say he couldn't open his front door and then I saw the pics on the news of all of the abandoned cars on Lakeshore drive. Wow! Hope you guys did okay.

Hey Dva, we made it thru, I got snowed in for two days. Its was crazy windy with the snow No . Those people had no business on Lakeshore Drive, they should have known better. I am glade everyone made it out safely.

cyclingchick wrote:Hope all is well, Crissy!
hey CC, thanks for stooping by
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 13th February 2011, 8:28 pm

Hello all, boy I have not been here in a while. Thanks to all who stopped by, boy do I feel special. Well here is a quick update. I have been toying with the idea of a perm and I promise i was sooo close to getting one. I knew if I did it, I would regret it so I decided to do a sew in. This way I will get the straight look i wanted and then when i was tired of it I could go back to my curls. Thank goodness for weaves. It has been four days since I have had it in, and its really low maintenace. i pin curl it up a night and in the morning i am good to go. My goal is to leave it in at the most 6 weeks. I have tried to get in there to add some oil to my hair but its still to tight. here are a couple of pictures, i have not had the chance to get pictures of the back, it is layered really nicely.

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 00110
crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 00210
crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 00310

I will update as the week goes by to let you know how me and the hair is doing.

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th February 2011, 8:34 pm

Cute!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th February 2011, 8:57 pm

I like it, it looks good!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 15th February 2011, 12:57 am

Very cute do! I like it!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th February 2011, 9:03 am

Cute! You can give your hair a rest with the sew-in.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th February 2011, 5:12 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Cute!

Thanks Lynnie

jlowman1 wrote:I like it, it looks good!

Thanks JLO

Funkyhairchic wrote:Very cute do! I like it!
Thanks

krazy coils wrote:Cute! You can give your hair a rest with the sew-in.
thats my plan, but as of right now. I miss my curls. Crying or Very sad
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th February 2011, 5:43 pm

I'm loving your sew in. That's so cute and looks great on you.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th February 2011, 8:07 pm

Hey Lady!

I saw you on facebook...

I like it...you look cute!

GIT IT! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 18th February 2011, 12:19 am

Hi Crissy,
Your hair looks good girl! I love it!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th February 2011, 11:28 am

Good morning ladies. Its sunday and i am looking forward to going to church this morning. The weather here in chicago has been preety pleasant, we have been any where betwee 30 and 60 confused and it is Feburary. As you all know i have been on a roller coaster with my hair so I have been rocking a sew-in to prevent me from perming. i am on week 2, and I am so ready to take it out. The thing with me that I get bored with my hair sooo fast. I hope i dont consider a BC soon.

Last night I washed it, and applied some Tresseme Flawless Curls. I put some two strand twist in the front of my hair, using TFC, coconut oil, Darcy's conditioner and Afroveda ginger almond twistint cream. I know thats sounds like product over-load right? But the front of my hair feels great. Here are a couple of pictures of my curly hair, i will wear this for the next week
crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 00510
crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 00410
crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 01010

I will take more pics today with my church frolick on. Have a blessed Sunday.

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th February 2011, 12:30 pm

Looks good! Enjoy this weather, we are suppose to get something wet falling from the sky tmrw!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:12 am

Your hair has grown soooo much since the last time I came through. I saw it in a few other people's threads. We all get discouraged sometimes. Glad you were able to work through it. Luv the curly wig. Lata!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st February 2011, 5:00 pm

That's cool that you can change up your sew in. It looks really cute curly. Hope you had a nice time at church yesterday.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 6:42 pm

That is very cute on you Crissy!!! Me like it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th February 2011, 2:22 pm

Hey CrissyQ,
I see you posted my hairstory on your blog. Thanks so much. I'm glad you were able to use the pics.

How is your curly sew in working out for you? Your pics on the blog are cute by the way.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th February 2011, 12:01 am

Ok, two and a half weeks was all I could take, the hair came out yesterday. I washed, did a deep conditioner and twisted. I noticed something yesterday that I had noticed before but kind of brushed it off. My hair is thin scratch , when it is wet, it looks nice and thick, but once i twist No . I want to have nice plump twist so bad, but thats just not my hair. I decribe it as highly textured thin hair. LOL. Well i untwisted today in hopes of big hair and nope, didnt happen, so I ran my hair under the shower gave it a shake with my hands and bingo hear appears curls and major shrinkage.

The good thing with my hair is that i never have to cut my hair to get a TWA, just wet it and it automatic. I was in the mirror playing around and I took my bobby pins and I pinned the sides down and the back up and fluffed the top, and it looks like a little fade. Hmmmm, I like this, I think I can rock this. So I am considering getting the sides and back cut, and the top a little and rock this for the summer months. I am so low maintance when it comes to everything, and i figure if I want long hair, shoot I can go and buy it right?

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 00213
crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 39 00415
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th February 2011, 1:10 pm

Love your twists...and the top! I am with you and the thin hair. I was always told my hair was really thick. I'm beginning to realize that it's very fine...I just have a lot of hair per scalp square inch. LOL

I'm glad you're resisting the perm...and you're right...you can change your look instantly without dealing with the chemicals. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th February 2011, 1:59 pm

Looking good Crissy!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next